Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) 15:13 - Mar 30 with 11795 viewsJackSwanTV

Issue #35 is online here:- http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue_35

I hope you enjoy. I'm sure there will be plenty to moan about as always. Give you a help in hand, controversial words on the supporters trust and possible takeover on page 39!

enjoy :)

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:19 - Mar 31 with 1852 viewsDavillin

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:56 - Mar 31 by airedale

Do you understand that ageing people may want to distance themselves from running a high pressure business.

I'm glad however that its not a toughie for you, for myself I'll find it a very unpleasant experience to lose our current board.

I refer you to "The Uxbridge Rule," above:

Things I have learned over my life. Don't commit anything to print unless you understand what you have written.

It's not about whether the proposed sellers of the club are growing old, but whether they are selling what is not really theirs to sell -- the club.

Would you please let me sell your house and keep the proceeds?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:48 - Mar 31 with 1830 viewsairedale

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:19 - Mar 31 by Davillin

I refer you to "The Uxbridge Rule," above:

Things I have learned over my life. Don't commit anything to print unless you understand what you have written.

It's not about whether the proposed sellers of the club are growing old, but whether they are selling what is not really theirs to sell -- the club.

Would you please let me sell your house and keep the proceeds?

I nrefer you to my rule 'Don't commit anything to print unless you understand what you have written'

I thought that the board had the option to sell their property when they choose to do so. (See my rule above)

You pay for my house and I'll happpily let you findn me a buyer when I' ready to sell. I'll refund your money less expenses for maintenance, plus some interest for your kind subscription.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 19:30 - Mar 31 with 1811 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:50 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

So if you owned 10% and could sell half for £5 million, you'd get up for work tomorrow yeah?

If I owned 10% of the club, I’d already be pretty wealthy, and I’d probably either work for the club or my own company — these guys don’t work at the local petrol station you know.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:10 - Mar 31 with 1794 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 19:30 - Mar 31 by SwansNZ

If I owned 10% of the club, I’d already be pretty wealthy, and I’d probably either work for the club or my own company — these guys don’t work at the local petrol station you know.

Thats not a fair assumption to make. The fact that someone had £50,000 ten years ago doesn't mean that they are wealthy now. The board aren't loaded!

What you have said has nailed it on the head though 'I’d probably either work for the club': this is what will happen if we try to tie the directors to their shares. We will be in a position where they wont be minted themselves but will be able to make decisions about mega money and corruption will occur. Contracts will be awarded slightly over the market price but to 'associates' of the board and the club will lose more money this way.

I'm not pro-selling. I'd love our board to live forever, to never age and to want to continue in their roles for eternity. I'd also like Angel Rangel to roll back the years and get that yard of pace back. I'm sorry but this is the real world and some people have to wake up a bit. We aren't going to have this board forever. If that makes me a tw@t for saying so then I'm sorry. We need to look forward, embrace change as there is no alternative.

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:16 - Mar 31 with 1789 viewsmonmouth

Ever come across the concept of shareholders and dividends Jackswan?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:18 - Mar 31 with 1786 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:16 - Mar 31 by monmouth

Ever come across the concept of shareholders and dividends Jackswan?

I very much doubt it.
He also probably thinks Martin Morgan is a desk clerk in the Premier Inn.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:34 - Mar 31 with 1772 viewsJackSwanTV

OK. Lets flip this as I'm clearly incredibly foolish.

WHY are these 'billionaires' who run our club looking to sell? is it to annoy you???

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:55 - Mar 31 with 1759 viewsStarsky

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:50 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

So if you owned 10% and could sell half for £5 million, you'd get up for work tomorrow yeah?

Don't you think they're Already getting compensated from wages and dividends no?

A club run by the fans for the fans wasn't it?

It really bothers me that through your impressive distribution, you are extolling your naive opinion to your readers.

Talk to people who really know what's going on and maybe ask them to contribute, perhaps with an alternate view from another contributer?

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:58 - Mar 31 with 1753 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:34 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

WHY are these 'billionaires' who run our club looking to sell? is it to annoy you???

No, obviously to please you.

Who said any were billionaires? They are all (I’m sure), well off — an annual dividend of say £50,000 to £200,000 for doing nothing, would suggest that, on top of an salary they get from the club (like Huw), and their own business interests.

If they want to sell (I’m not 100% sure they all do), it’s because they are blinded by the millions on offer. But, does someone like Martin Morgan for example really need more money?

As others has stated, if they want to secure the future of the club, then gift enough shares to the trust to make it so. That might devalue their shares a bit, as it might deter an “investor coming in and trying to take a sh1tload of money out of the club, but their shares would still be worth a lot or money.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:07 - Mar 31 with 1740 viewsairedale

If the shares are currently worth about £100mill, and they don't want to dilute the value of the shares by making shares available to the Trust, why can't the purchase of the stadium be effected by the/a Trust.

No tangible assets then for new investors, and they would also have a vested interest in ensuring PL staus is maintained, in order to preserve the value of their interest..
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 1739 viewsUxbridge

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:34 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

MONEY.

Lovely, filthy lucre.

The debate is whether they should be able to sell with no regard whatsoever for the future of the football club, or whether they have a duty to protect it.

You seem to think the former. Petty would have loved you printing that when he was around.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:11 - Mar 31 with 1738 viewsFlashberryjack

Put the shovel down mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:11 - Mar 31 with 1738 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:55 - Mar 31 by Starsky

Don't you think they're Already getting compensated from wages and dividends no?

A club run by the fans for the fans wasn't it?

It really bothers me that through your impressive distribution, you are extolling your naive opinion to your readers.

Talk to people who really know what's going on and maybe ask them to contribute, perhaps with an alternate view from another contributer?

I would be delighted to publish your thoughts on the matter in the next issue. Message me and we can sort that out.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:19 - Mar 31 with 1721 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:11 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

I would be delighted to publish your thoughts on the matter in the next issue. Message me and we can sort that out.

You could ask any Swans fan with more than half a brain

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:23 - Mar 31 with 1719 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:09 - Mar 31 by Uxbridge

MONEY.

Lovely, filthy lucre.

The debate is whether they should be able to sell with no regard whatsoever for the future of the football club, or whether they have a duty to protect it.

You seem to think the former. Petty would have loved you printing that when he was around.

I've never said that haha.

This is a strange place at times. Consider everything is documented, words seem to get put into mouths pretty easily.

All I have said is that we will inevitably have new board members at some point. I think its pretty imminent. I don't think that it all has to be doom and gloom and I actually think that we could benefit from a few leaving and having some new blood. Not that I would take that risk given the chance but i don't get to make that decision and neither do you. It seems pretty obvious that some board members want out and I'd rather they went than stayed if that is how they feel. PLUS I don't think that they are evil for wanting to make a few quid from it.

I do think that they have a duty to sell to 'the right people' and I personally think that they will. I think that they can afford to chose who comes in and become filthy rich at the same time.

I don't believe all the 'rumors' I hear. Sorry if that upsets you all :)

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:41 - Mar 31 with 1705 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:23 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

This is a strange place at times. Consider everything is documented, words seem to get put into mouths pretty easily.

All I have said is that we will inevitably have new board members at some point. I think its pretty imminent. I don't think that it all has to be doom and gloom and I actually think that we could benefit from a few leaving and having some new blood. Not that I would take that risk given the chance but i don't get to make that decision and neither do you. It seems pretty obvious that some board members want out and I'd rather they went than stayed if that is how they feel. PLUS I don't think that they are evil for wanting to make a few quid from it.

I do think that they have a duty to sell to 'the right people' and I personally think that they will. I think that they can afford to chose who comes in and become filthy rich at the same time.

You also don’t believe what is a fact — just look at the trust meeting — the link I supplied earlier. Or was Phil telling porkies and scaremongering?

Who exactly would the ‘right people’ be? Unless they are Swans supporters, then they will just treat the club as a business, and would in all probability take a lot of money out of the club — it’s a business after all, right? Look at Tan down the road, he has that club by balls, and can do what he wants — it’s like a plaything.

Maybe the right thing to do would be do increase the shareholding of the trust and then sell the rest of their shares — win-win.

How would the club benefit from having new owners?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:55 - Mar 31 with 1685 viewsUxbridge

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:23 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

These aren't rumours. These are documented facts. You only have to look at what came out of the Trust meeting a month or so ago.

If they sell outside, then they'll make a lot of money. A hell of a lot more than they staked, but that's by the bye. You seem to be blindly assuming they'll only sell to the "right people" but, given the very opportunity to help ensure that the fans have a say in the future of the club (by selling a small stake to the Trust for example) they showed zero appetite to do so. Now what does that tell you?

Change will come. I suspect change is coming sooner rather than later although I have no inside info to back that up. The genie is out of the bottle and certain people will have realised the stakes involved. However there's a right way and a wrong way to go through that process, and I'm heartened to see that so many people are keeping an eye out to ensure that process is carried out in the interest of the club. I was particularly heartened to see your competitor fanzine ATFV has looked at this issue much more objectively than taking the line of blind faith.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 22:06 - Mar 31 with 1670 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 21:41 - Mar 31 by SwansNZ

You also don’t believe what is a fact — just look at the trust meeting — the link I supplied earlier. Or was Phil telling porkies and scaremongering?

Who exactly would the ‘right people’ be? Unless they are Swans supporters, then they will just treat the club as a business, and would in all probability take a lot of money out of the club — it’s a business after all, right? Look at Tan down the road, he has that club by balls, and can do what he wants — it’s like a plaything.

Maybe the right thing to do would be do increase the shareholding of the trust and then sell the rest of their shares — win-win.

How would the club benefit from having new owners?

First of all: The offer was refused. Whatever was on the table was unacceptable.

Football clubs don not make money. Not real money. If you had £30 million to 'invest' then a football club would be a ridiculous way to spend your money. They give a shocking return and are a massive gamble. We don't really have any assets. Training facilities are lovely but they are pretty much worthless as if we don't use them then nobody else is going to want them. As a business, it is not worth investing in!! Not at all!!! I hope we agree on that. Nobody is going to invest in the club to make money.

The right people? there are them out there. £30 million isn't that much to some huge businesses and can be treated as something on a portfolio. A big American firm can easily spend £30 million on 30% shares, have no dealing with club at all, stay completely silent partners but get publicity and it look good on their profile. Keep shares for ten years. Sell them after that. Fingers crossed make money back. If not, its £3 million a year for some exposure! The world is a big place. There are millions of millionaires, getting the right one is possible.

How can they benefit?

Firstly commercially. It would be of huge advantage to have an American part-owner with contacts in the US to try and crack America and same would go for other countries.

You clearly don't but I personally think that the board are able to make themselves some good money while bringing the club forward. I expect Huw Jenkins to remain as chairman and the day to day running of the club to stay the same.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 22:19 - Mar 31 with 1651 viewsUxbridge

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 22:06 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

First of all: The offer was refused. Whatever was on the table was unacceptable.

Football clubs don not make money. Not real money. If you had £30 million to 'invest' then a football club would be a ridiculous way to spend your money. They give a shocking return and are a massive gamble. We don't really have any assets. Training facilities are lovely but they are pretty much worthless as if we don't use them then nobody else is going to want them. As a business, it is not worth investing in!! Not at all!!! I hope we agree on that. Nobody is going to invest in the club to make money.

The right people? there are them out there. £30 million isn't that much to some huge businesses and can be treated as something on a portfolio. A big American firm can easily spend £30 million on 30% shares, have no dealing with club at all, stay completely silent partners but get publicity and it look good on their profile. Keep shares for ten years. Sell them after that. Fingers crossed make money back. If not, its £3 million a year for some exposure! The world is a big place. There are millions of millionaires, getting the right one is possible.

How can they benefit?

Firstly commercially. It would be of huge advantage to have an American part-owner with contacts in the US to try and crack America and same would go for other countries.

You clearly don't but I personally think that the board are able to make themselves some good money while bringing the club forward. I expect Huw Jenkins to remain as chairman and the day to day running of the club to stay the same.

The offer was refused? You quite sure? Deals fall down for all sorts of reasons, on both sides.

Here's a scenario. The TV rights are going up and up. As this is the main income to a PL football club, this would logically mean the value of the football club will go up and up. Assuming we stay in the Premier League of course. So, imagine that gravy train was at risk. How would an owner that is purely looking for us to stay in the Premier League respond to a threat to that. Would they look at the long-term future of the club, or their short-term gain?

Good luck with your scenario of finding someone to buy the club who's only interested in some cheap PR. Man City got one, anyone else?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 1633 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 22:06 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

How can they benefit?

Jeez, no wonder I don’t read your fanzine, if this is the sort of bull you write.

So it’s the US that these ‘right people’ come from — what about Malaysia or somewhere else?

Maybe these big US corporations would get better publicity by sponsoring the shirt, which would be shown on TV to billions worldwide, rather than have a minority shareholding, and no control in how the club is run - but hey, you’re obviously a shrewd businessman, and I bow to your wisdom.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 23:36 - Mar 31 with 1599 viewsDavillin

How can they benefit?

The absolute lack of comprehension in your post is breathtaking!

I'll just touch lightly on the most egregious:

1. "Football clubs don [sic] not make money. Not real money. " Perhaps some don't, but Swansea City has been raking it in by the millions, which is precisely why the sharks are circling.

2. "Nobody is going to invest in the club to make money." The present shareholders have already had their original money increased exponentially. Your own club [I take the liberty of calling it that] is proof positive that your statement is wrong, which, again, is precisely why the sharks are circling.

3. "A big American firm can easily spend £30 million on 30% shares, have no dealing with club at all, stay completely silent partners but get publicity and it look good on their profile." You don't have a clue about why and how rich Americans get rich, and why they "invest" their money. They don't need "publicity," and in fact most of them eschew it; and they aren't as concerned as you think about their "profile."

4. "It would be of huge advantage to have an American part-owner with contacts in the US to try and crack America. . . ." Again pure naivety. Having an American as part owner, with or without "contacts in America," will do nothing to "crack America."

Getting as rich as the "top 4" in the P.L., and staying at the top of the P.L. for a long time, and hiring a top U.S. public relations firm [which I suggested some time ago, and the club subsequently did] can even hope to begin to "crack America." Some ultra-wealthy magnate sipping drinks with a couple of other ultra-wealthy magnates won't even make a scratch.

It is clear to me that you have no real idea about the nature of U.S. sports, especially the economic state of U.S. sports, and most especially the death grip they have on fans and their money.

Please confine yourself to clever magazine covers, and don't argue about things you do not understand.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:52 - Apr 1 with 1534 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 23:36 - Mar 31 by Davillin

The absolute lack of comprehension in your post is breathtaking!

I'll just touch lightly on the most egregious:

1. "Football clubs don [sic] not make money. Not real money. " Perhaps some don't, but Swansea City has been raking it in by the millions, which is precisely why the sharks are circling.

2. "Nobody is going to invest in the club to make money." The present shareholders have already had their original money increased exponentially. Your own club [I take the liberty of calling it that] is proof positive that your statement is wrong, which, again, is precisely why the sharks are circling.

3. "A big American firm can easily spend £30 million on 30% shares, have no dealing with club at all, stay completely silent partners but get publicity and it look good on their profile." You don't have a clue about why and how rich Americans get rich, and why they "invest" their money. They don't need "publicity," and in fact most of them eschew it; and they aren't as concerned as you think about their "profile."

4. "It would be of huge advantage to have an American part-owner with contacts in the US to try and crack America. . . ." Again pure naivety. Having an American as part owner, with or without "contacts in America," will do nothing to "crack America."

Getting as rich as the "top 4" in the P.L., and staying at the top of the P.L. for a long time, and hiring a top U.S. public relations firm [which I suggested some time ago, and the club subsequently did] can even hope to begin to "crack America." Some ultra-wealthy magnate sipping drinks with a couple of other ultra-wealthy magnates won't even make a scratch.

It is clear to me that you have no real idea about the nature of U.S. sports, especially the economic state of U.S. sports, and most especially the death grip they have on fans and their money.

Please confine yourself to clever magazine covers, and don't argue about things you do not understand.

You must be right. There is a huge conspiracy to destroy swansea city football club. Our board are selling to a nasty foreign businessman who calls it soccer and he is going to sell everything, turn our shirts pink and rename us KFC. This is clearly what is happening.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:58 - Apr 1 with 1528 viewsStarsky

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:52 - Apr 1 by JackSwanTV

You must be right. There is a huge conspiracy to destroy swansea city football club. Our board are selling to a nasty foreign businessman who calls it soccer and he is going to sell everything, turn our shirts pink and rename us KFC. This is clearly what is happening.

Oh dear...

It's just the internet, init.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 08:12 - Apr 1 with 1521 viewsSwansNZ

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:58 - Apr 1 by Starsky

Oh dear...

This

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 1501 viewsattila_the_hun

JackSwanTV you mag is out there you shouldn't have to justify it to every curmudgeon on this forum, keep up the good work mate and remember ........

[IMG] http://i57.tinypic.com/2enqp8g.jpg[/IMG]

"I'm Free"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024