Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women of The Mumbles... 19:44 - Mar 30 with 4801 viewsThe_Bounder

Not happy about a Tesco Express being proposed for their gaff. More would prefer a Waitrose!

Fancy themselves a bit don't they?!

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

Women of The Mumbles... on 20:02 - Mar 30 with 3409 viewswestside

is it the treasure shop on newton rd ?

m+s food were after it as well
Women of The Mumbles... on 21:08 - Mar 30 with 3305 viewsNogginthenog

I think supermarkets shouldn't be allowed to open smaller outlets in towns. They already have the lion share of trade without squeezing the smaller businesses.
Women of The Mumbles... on 21:15 - Mar 30 with 3297 viewsDafyddHuw

Tesco Express are everywhere though. They need telling.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 21:15]
Women of The Mumbles... on 21:29 - Mar 30 with 3275 viewsjack_lord

But there has been a small supermarkets in Mumbles for years.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Women of The Mumbles... on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 3236 viewssherpajacob

I remember the days when the best food in mumbles was the kebab van parked outside the white rose at 2am on a Saturday.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Women of The Mumbles... on 21:53 - Mar 30 with 3234 viewsjack247

They have been trying to keep chain stores out and trade local for years. Boots has always been there as far as I can remember, Greggs has been there for years and they have 2 co-ops (one was a kwiksave), but other than that were pretty succesful. Banks/building societies and estate agents don't count as there are no independent alternative.

The Nags Head turning into a Costa Coffee kind of kaiboshed that though, I'd imagine Tesco or Sainsburys will move in soon.
Women of The Mumbles... on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 3169 viewsshandyjack

the sooner the better, the prices those co-ops charge are a sham, i can't wait for a Sainsburys to open up down here or a tesco express. Hate having to drive past blackpill to get to a decent supermarket

Poll: Expectation for the season

Women of The Mumbles... on 22:45 - Mar 30 with 3163 viewspikeypaul

The two co-ops have had a monopoly in Oystermouth for years and are both terrible shops.
Tesco will be a bit better but not much,a lidl or Aldi would kick both into the woods very good products at decent prices.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 22:47]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Women of The Mumbles... on 22:57 - Mar 30 with 3146 viewsshandyjack

Women of The Mumbles... on 22:45 - Mar 30 by pikeypaul

The two co-ops have had a monopoly in Oystermouth for years and are both terrible shops.
Tesco will be a bit better but not much,a lidl or Aldi would kick both into the woods very good products at decent prices.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 22:47]

oh don't get me wrong if i could chose a shop to take over treasue then a Lidl/Aldi would be my number 1 choice

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:03 - Mar 30 with 3136 viewslondonlisa2001

Women of The Mumbles... on 22:57 - Mar 30 by shandyjack

oh don't get me wrong if i could chose a shop to take over treasue then a Lidl/Aldi would be my number 1 choice

Why do you think Aldi and Lidl have lower prices than competitors?
I'll give you a clue - they don't make a lower margin.
Women of The Mumbles... on 23:08 - Mar 30 with 3125 viewspikeypaul

I actually like going into lidl the only time I now go into a co-op or Tesco is to buy single items I run out of and even then I hate being in either.
The products in the main are far better quality also.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 23:11]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:11 - Mar 30 with 3118 viewsshandyjack

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:03 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Why do you think Aldi and Lidl have lower prices than competitors?
I'll give you a clue - they don't make a lower margin.

it's not just the prices, i prefer the products they sell. Fruit and veg i find to be better quality and fresh meats also

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:15 - Mar 30 with 3113 viewslondonlisa2001

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:11 - Mar 30 by shandyjack

it's not just the prices, i prefer the products they sell. Fruit and veg i find to be better quality and fresh meats also

I won't set foot in either I'm afraid.
Women of The Mumbles... on 23:18 - Mar 30 with 3108 viewspikeypaul

Also the service is far better none of this where's your club card,do you need mobile top up,etc etc
and due to this you get served very quickly.

Women of The Mumbles... on 04:43 - Mar 31 with 3016 viewsjack247

The whole idea behind keeping Mumbles local/independent is that people buy their meat from the butcher, fruit and veg from the greengrocer, fish from the fishmonger etc.

Part of it is down to the Co-op being awful, but those shops all seem to do pretty well. I expect there will be a tesco express or something similar before too long, but would be amazed if there is a budget supermarket. There is a fuss about Tesco potentially going in, there would be riots about Lidl and a lot of people would boycott it purely out of snobbery.

BTW the reason Co-op have a monopoly is that before they took over the old Kwik save, the older co-op was one of their most succesful stores. They pretty much outbid everyone else for the other one purely to keep the likes of tesco and Sainsburys away and protect their asset.
Women of The Mumbles... on 09:42 - Mar 31 with 2929 viewsfather_jack

thought tescos were mothballing sites?

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Women of The Mumbles... on 09:44 - Mar 31 with 2924 viewsswanny

Women of The Mumbles... on 04:43 - Mar 31 by jack247

The whole idea behind keeping Mumbles local/independent is that people buy their meat from the butcher, fruit and veg from the greengrocer, fish from the fishmonger etc.

Part of it is down to the Co-op being awful, but those shops all seem to do pretty well. I expect there will be a tesco express or something similar before too long, but would be amazed if there is a budget supermarket. There is a fuss about Tesco potentially going in, there would be riots about Lidl and a lot of people would boycott it purely out of snobbery.

BTW the reason Co-op have a monopoly is that before they took over the old Kwik save, the older co-op was one of their most succesful stores. They pretty much outbid everyone else for the other one purely to keep the likes of tesco and Sainsburys away and protect their asset.

It's not the prospect of tesco/lidls/Aldo whatever going in treasure that worries me, bloody co op have had it coming for years... It's the impending wether spoons at the old co op thatskes me fear for the future of the White rose.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Women of The Mumbles... on 10:29 - Mar 31 with 2880 viewslifelong

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:15 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

I think there's a lot of snobbery about when it comes to shopping, a lot of people won't set foot in the likes of Sainsburys or M&S because they don't like being ripped off.
Women of The Mumbles... on 11:50 - Mar 31 with 2813 viewsClinton

Women of The Mumbles... on 23:15 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Not from Mumbles are you ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Women of The Mumbles... on 11:51 - Mar 31 with 2811 viewsjack247

Women of The Mumbles... on 09:44 - Mar 31 by swanny

It's not the prospect of tesco/lidls/Aldo whatever going in treasure that worries me, bloody co op have had it coming for years... It's the impending wether spoons at the old co op thatskes me fear for the future of the White rose.

I didn't know that was on the cards.

The Mumbles pub scene is pretty much dead anyway, but a Wetherspoons would certainly ruin the White Rose. I think the wine bars at the top of Newton Road and the Pilot would be ok, as they attract different crowds, but the Rose, the George (which is now a chain pub anyway) and ones like the Waterloo and the Village Inn would take a right kicking.
Women of The Mumbles... on 12:25 - Mar 31 with 2779 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Women of The Mumbles... on 11:51 - Mar 31 by jack247

I didn't know that was on the cards.

The Mumbles pub scene is pretty much dead anyway, but a Wetherspoons would certainly ruin the White Rose. I think the wine bars at the top of Newton Road and the Pilot would be ok, as they attract different crowds, but the Rose, the George (which is now a chain pub anyway) and ones like the Waterloo and the Village Inn would take a right kicking.

The wine bars and the Pilot will be fine - even rumours about that one of the wine bars opening another premises in the old CJ's

The Waterloo just been rebranded as an Irish bar - wait and see how that goes

All these places people will support because they are trying to do something - honestly the threat of a weatherspoons could be the best thing for the White Rose to shake themselves up a bit

They've taken it for granted for years that people who visit mumbles go there and they make absolutely no attempt to do anything bar occasional drinks promotions. Never enough bar staff when busy, poor food, I could go on.

And those Co-Ops are just a p**s take - nearly double the price of the newsagent up the hill in Newton for some things

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Women of The Mumbles... on 13:01 - Mar 31 with 2743 viewsshandyjack

Women of The Mumbles... on 09:44 - Mar 31 by swanny

Again I can't wait for the Wetherspoons, mumbles needs a refresh and sooner the better

Women of The Mumbles... on 13:12 - Mar 31 with 2723 viewsBatterseajack

Do people seriously want a weatherspoons in mumbles?? I couldn't think of anything worse.
I think the recent success of the uplands and the downfall of wind street has proved to me that chain bars are not the answer.
Women of The Mumbles... on 13:21 - Mar 31 with 2718 viewsdickythorpe

Wetherspoons snobbery - have any of you been to the one in Morriston, the Red Lion? It is fantatsic and welcoming. Plus you dont get ripped off.

Treasure is long overdue being wiped off the face of the earth, look onlibne for the stuff they sell and its nearly half!!

Any news of The Antelope?
Women of The Mumbles... on 13:33 - Mar 31 with 2704 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Women of The Mumbles... on 13:21 - Mar 31 by dickythorpe

Wetherspoons snobbery - have any of you been to the one in Morriston, the Red Lion? It is fantatsic and welcoming. Plus you dont get ripped off.

Treasure is long overdue being wiped off the face of the earth, look onlibne for the stuff they sell and its nearly half!!

Any news of The Antelope?

Nothing with the antelope that I've heard

Always thought weatherspoons should actually go into the White Rose, take it over and improve it.

Didn't realise the Red Lion was one - always one of the favourite post match pints after playing up Tir canol

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024