Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff 10:12 - Mar 31 with 1397 viewsunion_jack

Oh no, not another thread on the scum I hear you say.

Well no. This is about the city itself.

The people are friendly, the choice of stores, restaurants (especially), clothes shops etc. etc. etc. is fantastic.

A truly wonderful city.

There, I said it!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff on 10:27 - Mar 31 with 1367 viewscwrw

I'll phone the doctor for you
Cardiff on 10:30 - Mar 31 with 1358 viewsbuilthjack

They just haven't got many football fans, and getting less by the day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff on 11:04 - Mar 31 with 1312 viewsLeonisGod

It is a nice place - good shoping with some interesting shops and not just the big department stores. Some nice restaurants, decent attractions, etc.

But so it should be given the amount of investment that has been funneled into there at the expense of other parts of the country. Not that we can really complain as Swansea probably receives more than its fair share. It's the smaller towns and villages that seem to be taking the hit (public service closures, out-migration of youngsters, etc).
Cardiff on 11:32 - Mar 31 with 1265 viewsJackSomething

I think we're in a great position. Cardiff is easily accessible for the great retail and restaurant choices you mention, yet we live in a nicer area, with the likes of Mumbles and Gower on our doorstep and the Beacons a short drive away. Works for me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Cardiff on 11:34 - Mar 31 with 1260 viewsmonmouth

Aye, I was surprised to find London worthwhile to visit too, as I don't like West Ham.

The City isn't the football club mun. 'They' aren't our Capitol. As a Welshman I'm proud of Cardiff centre...I wish Swansea, Newport Carmarthen etc could get the investment to follow suit, but I don't begrudge what they've done with Cardiff, only that it has just stopped with Cardiff.

On a side note though, was there on Saturday and you don't have to go far for it to get very shabby. On the bus from Queen Street along Newport Road, the state of the properties made woodford road look like park lane. Fur coat and no knickers?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff on 12:12 - Mar 31 with 1226 viewsairedale

Yes, Cardiff is a typical bustling and well developed English shopping centre.
Cardiff on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 1161 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff on 11:04 - Mar 31 by LeonisGod

It is a nice place - good shoping with some interesting shops and not just the big department stores. Some nice restaurants, decent attractions, etc.

But so it should be given the amount of investment that has been funneled into there at the expense of other parts of the country. Not that we can really complain as Swansea probably receives more than its fair share. It's the smaller towns and villages that seem to be taking the hit (public service closures, out-migration of youngsters, etc).

Totally agree with you but the city itself, not the outlying areas such as the valleys, dies have a higher socioeconomic population than Swansea which allows it to survive as a city centre.

Put the same amount of investment into Swansea and it would not be as great a success I'd wager.

Even before WAG, the arcades could sustain shops that wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes down here.

I'm with the poster who said Swansea is the place to live as its all within easy reach, whatever you want.

Cardiff on 13:26 - Mar 31 with 1131 viewsdickythorpe

Dont go to Canton unless you have a kidney or spleen to donate.
Cardiff is full of overpriced hotels, soulless bars, poor extortionate car parking and an air of menace. Try walking down Cathedral Road, through the parks and Caroline Street without all your "spider" senses tingling.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff on 13:40 - Mar 31 with 1117 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff on 13:26 - Mar 31 by dickythorpe

Cardiff is full of overpriced hotels, soulless bars, poor extortionate car parking and an air of menace. Try walking down Cathedral Road, through the parks and Caroline Street without all your "spider" senses tingling.

I suppose it depends on day / time but that can apply anywhere e.g. Wind St.

I think the variety of bars, restaurants are great ranging from indies to chains.

Can't fault it personally.

Cardiff on 13:44 - Mar 31 with 1111 viewsbuilthjack

Decent City for a days shopping or a night out. Had some ridiculously cheap hotel deals there too.
Still prefer Swansea for real people/friendliness though by miles.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff on 15:46 - Mar 31 with 1053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff on 13:26 - Mar 31 by dickythorpe

Bute street after dark

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff on 16:02 - Mar 31 with 1023 viewsLeonisGod

Cardiff on 13:06 - Mar 31 by union_jack

Totally agree with you but the city itself, not the outlying areas such as the valleys, dies have a higher socioeconomic population than Swansea which allows it to survive as a city centre.

Put the same amount of investment into Swansea and it would not be as great a success I'd wager.

Even before WAG, the arcades could sustain shops that wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes down here.

I'm with the poster who said Swansea is the place to live as its all within easy reach, whatever you want.

I'd definitely rather live here. Give me the beaches and cliffs of Gower, Mumbles and relatively easy access into Swansea any day over Cardiff, even if it is better for Christmas shopping.
Cardiff on 16:29 - Mar 31 with 1000 viewsLord_Bony

Cardiff on 11:04 - Mar 31 by LeonisGod

Well sorry to say but i ve had to relocate there..just moved into the area because of my business which happens to be in the city centre. It is a nice city,prefer it over London or Birmingham anyday of the week and the bay is nice for entertainment. It s also good for big name acts in concert.

But Swansea certainly takes some beating..in some respects it has more to offer especially with the Gower etc.

Still think I m the only jack in the city sometimes...I m sure there must be others

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024