Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kingsway 12:48 - Mar 31 with 10546 viewsmax936

Nasty accident on the road there again Air Ambulance there, just heard it on Swansea Sound, whoever designed that new road system needs sectioning, how many more accidents is it gonna take to change it, shocking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kingsway on 17:41 - Mar 31 with 2224 viewsClinton

Kingsway on 16:25 - Mar 31 by raynor94

If only people would use the crossings and obey the lights there wouldn't be a problem, far to many jaywalking

Trouble is the lights take ages to change. The pedestrians would wait for the lights if they were just a bit more responsive.
(writing as someone who walks, cycles and drives; I do feel like the poor relation when trying to get across Swansea roads on foot.)
The worst crossing is trying to get across Westway at the intersection with Oxford street - a nightmare.
Agree with the poster above that whoever designed the traffic system needs locking up. Westway is a disaster for driving too.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Kingsway on 17:44 - Mar 31 with 2214 viewsshandyjack

Kingsway on 16:25 - Mar 31 by raynor94

If only people would use the crossings and obey the lights there wouldn't be a problem, far to many jaywalking

Is the correct answer, to say lights take too long to change is a poor excuse.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Kingsway on 17:48 - Mar 31 with 2204 viewsPhil_S

Forgetting the layout of the road system, the poor lady passed away this afternoon

RIP and thoughts with all family and friends
Kingsway on 17:50 - Mar 31 with 2200 viewsmax936

Kingsway on 14:20 - Mar 31 by JackSomething

So what you're saying is people have to look both ways and check there's nothing coming before crossing the road? Not being funny, but I seem to remember that being pretty common wisdom for some time now.

I appreciate the Kingsway is a confusing system, but if there's something coming from one direction (especially a bus), surely you wouldn't cross the road unless you were absolutely certain how the system worked? Or better still, considering where this accident occurred, until the green pedestrian light comes on?

It must be the way that Im explaining it here , what I mean is that you have to look both ways at the "Same time" because of the bus lane, there's a single lane that cars travel east but on the same carriage way there's busses traveling west, normally [as you know] on a dual carriage way two lanes go in one direction on one side of the dual and vice versa, hence my point of having to twice, people automatically expect traffic from same direction especially if as usual these days, they're rushing.

Kingsway on 17:53 - Mar 31 with 2197 viewsDarran

Kingsway on 17:48 - Mar 31 by Phil_S

Forgetting the layout of the road system, the poor lady passed away this afternoon

The law of averages surely says there's summin not quite right with this road,people cross roads all over Swansea but nothing compares to this.

RIP Lady.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kingsway on 17:55 - Mar 31 with 2188 viewsmax936

Kingsway on 17:28 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

It's not difficult to cross a road.

Half a dozen people or more would argue differently, its an accident black spot that's been created by someone in an office, I'd like to know figures of other black spots, but accidents on this one seem to occur far to regularly, surely?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:56]

Kingsway on 17:59 - Mar 31 with 2171 viewsmax936

Kingsway on 17:53 - Mar 31 by Darran

The law of averages surely says there's summin not quite right with this road,people cross roads all over Swansea but nothing compares to this.

RIP Lady.

Correct, its to much of a coincidence to blame it all on pedestrian error, sad news about the Lady involved.

Rip.

Kingsway on 18:05 - Mar 31 with 2158 viewsSwanjaxs

Kingsway on 17:48 - Mar 31 by Phil_S

Enough is enough! People are losing thier lives because of this ridiculous road layout! RIP poor soul

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Kingsway on 18:20 - Mar 31 with 2121 viewsSwanzay

RIP, what an horrific event for an 8 year old to witness.
Kingsway on 18:34 - Mar 31 with 2106 viewsLeonisGod

RIP Lady.

+1 to both statements. She's left behind an 8 year old daughter by all accounts - heartbreaking for all of her family and friends.
Kingsway on 18:44 - Mar 31 with 2081 viewsPacemaker

She was crossing at the pelican crossing, nobody knows exactly what has happened but having your child with you is probably distracting for most parents out shopping.

I very nearly made the same mistake down there Saturday night whilst crossing the road completly sober but talking to friends.

I knew this lady and she is from Cardiff so perhaps she made an assumption about the road layout.

Your comment is crass and shows a complete lack of empathy and character. I am disappointed that such a comment is posted on this site.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Kingsway on 18:57 - Mar 31 with 2061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kingsway on 15:57 - Mar 31 by ApeShit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-32130485

That's terrible, at such a young age and leaving children behind. Absolutley tragic and my heart goes out to the family.

Short of changing the whole road system back again what's going to be the answer? Bus drivers tooting their horns as they drive down the Kingsway (not a joke, the bendy buses are remarkably quiet when they're moving) ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kingsway on 19:02 - Mar 31 with 2044 viewsItchySphincter

RIP Lady.

You're absolutely right. The point has already been well made re the road system. It feels like a dual carriage way except with buses going against the flow, horrible.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kingsway on 19:16 - Mar 31 with 2010 viewscwrw

Kingsway on 18:44 - Mar 31 by Pacemaker

She was crossing at the pelican crossing, nobody knows exactly what has happened but having your child with you is probably distracting for most parents out shopping.

I very nearly made the same mistake down there Saturday night whilst crossing the road completly sober but talking to friends.

I knew this lady and she is from Cardiff so perhaps she made an assumption about the road layout.

Your comment is crass and shows a complete lack of empathy and character. I am disappointed that such a comment is posted on this site.

Amen to that, great post

RIP to the lady
Kingsway on 19:17 - Mar 31 with 2010 viewspikeypaul

I was in Swansea yesterday and witnessed the number 4 bendy bus blast the horn just up from there when two women were about to step into the road they were coming from the Nationwide
building society side they obviously did not expect traffic coming from the same direction that they encountered on the other side of the dual carriage way.

it is so easy for people to come on here and say such stupid comments like how hard is it to cross the road, I just hope nothing ever happens to any of there families while out and about.

RIP lady

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kingsway on 19:52 - Mar 31 with 1959 viewsDarran

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tributes-paid-much-loved-police-off

Kingsway on 20:03 - Mar 31 with 1943 viewsSwanzay

Kingsway on 19:52 - Mar 31 by Darran

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tributes-paid-much-loved-police-off

This might be inappropriate at this time, but my guess is that as the lady was an 'Officer' it will now spark Swansea City council into action, to act sooner rather that later to get rid of the ridiculous 1 way system.
However it shouldn't two deaths for Swansea Council and other incidents to bring change.
Kingsway on 20:53 - Mar 31 with 1858 viewsUxbridge

Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Darran

Won't be long before you'll have the same eejits (Uxbridge) saying it's not difficult to cross a road.

A new low even for you Dar.

My thoughts are with her family and that poor child.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Kingsway on 21:00 - Mar 31 with 1845 viewsDarran

Kingsway on 20:53 - Mar 31 by Uxbridge

A new low even for you Dar.

My thoughts are with her family and that poor child.

Well you would say that but it's just what you said the last time someone got run over there.

Kingsway on 21:05 - Mar 31 with 1832 viewsUxbridge

Kingsway on 21:00 - Mar 31 by Darran

Well you would say that but it's just what you said the last time someone got run over there.

Nice of you to bring my name into it. Much appreciated.

I find if we're going to discuss the merits of a particular road system, it's best not to do it immediately during today's events.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Kingsway on 21:10 - Mar 31 with 1818 viewsairedale

Westway by Oxford Street is just as difficult to cross. I hate crossing the road there, even if the Green Man says its OK.
Kingsway on 21:19 - Mar 31 with 1794 viewsunion_jack

Just a suggestion, but in the name of decency maybe you should edit this post.

Out of order and shameful.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kingsway on 21:38 - Mar 31 with 1760 viewsrob

Sad, sad news. Thoughts go out to her family and especially the little girl. Tragic.

With health and safety a part of every day life now, it is incredible that nothing has been done to make the Kingsway safer for pedestrians.
Kingsway on 21:46 - Mar 31 with 1728 viewsSwansNZ

Terrible for the family of this woman.

Yes, people should be careful crossing any road and look both ways, but if these problems keep happening, then it’s obvious something is wrong there and needs fixing before another person lose their concentration and their life.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Kingsway on 21:53 - Mar 31 with 1712 viewsunion_jack

Didn't the SWEP have a campaign running to change this system. Time they spearheaded another attack against the council but shame it takes lives lost and ruined before things happen. It's been a nightmare from day 1.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024