Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 82756 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:55 - Apr 17 with 1969 viewsC_jack

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/571208/Leader-s-election-debate-BBC-confirms-au

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:57 - Apr 17 with 1966 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:55 - Apr 17 by C_jack

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/571208/Leader-s-election-debate-BBC-confirms-au

Did anybody seriously doubt it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 17 with 1944 viewsperchrockjack

Shame Alan Johnson not labour leader and David Davis not Tory. Both credible.

At moment this site is so left wing orientated it's not worth commenting on.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:28 - Apr 17 with 1929 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

Then take your place beside me in the breach and we shall smite the barbarian side-by-side, brother.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:30 - Apr 17 with 1923 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:55 - Apr 17 by C_jack

Reflective of the UK population

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:31 - Apr 17 with 1916 viewsperchrockjack

that looks like a lock out in a kirkby pub

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:32 - Apr 17 with 1919 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:30 - Apr 17 by yescomeon

Reflective of the UK population

Through a glass darkly?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 1889 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:32 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

Through a glass darkly?

Au contraire. More than half of the electorate always votes for centre left parties. That might change this time. We're in uncharted waters such is the way the vote has splintered in recent years.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:05 - Apr 17 with 1882 viewsWitneyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:03 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

Au contraire. More than half of the electorate always votes for centre left parties. That might change this time. We're in uncharted waters such is the way the vote has splintered in recent years.

I'm certainly a convert to Proportional Representation. I can't see a time where we won't have this uncertain nonsense with fptp!
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 1876 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:03 - Apr 17 by exiledclaseboy

An entire audience doesn't spontaneously erupt in a pantomime, Pavlovian cacophony of boos and hisses every time the word "Tory" is spat from the stage unless it was primed to do so.

Perhaps it was a section of The QT audience taking advantage of a Beeb two-for-one offer at the Griffin lynching?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:11 - Apr 17 with 1866 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:05 - Apr 17 by Witneyjack

I'm certainly a convert to Proportional Representation. I can't see a time where we won't have this uncertain nonsense with fptp!

There could be a lot more converts in early May.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:12 - Apr 17 with 1861 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

david davies is a very good politian

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:13 - Apr 17 with 1858 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:32 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

Through a glass darkly?

I am trolling a little of course but a fair representation of the UK public in the audience is not going to be warm to Farage and much of his chat.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:13 - Apr 17 with 1858 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:08 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

An entire audience doesn't spontaneously erupt in a pantomime, Pavlovian cacophony of boos and hisses every time the word "Tory" is spat from the stage unless it was primed to do so.

Perhaps it was a section of The QT audience taking advantage of a Beeb two-for-one offer at the Griffin lynching?

I watched QT for about 25 minutes last night before giving up and turning Family Guy on. The political insight of the Griffins was sharper.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 1845 viewslonglostjack

One of the most entertaining election campaigns for many a year.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:31 - Apr 17 with 1823 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:13 - Apr 17 by yescomeon

I am trolling a little of course but a fair representation of the UK public in the audience is not going to be warm to Farage and much of his chat.

"“To live is to war with trolls.”
- Henrik Ibsen, 1877

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 06:59 - Apr 18 with 1749 viewsEdmundo

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:58 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Clegger and Farago to lose their seats and an up and down bunfight with an indiscriminate outcome overall and I'll probably raise a glass.

Labour to win enough seats in Scoatland to f*ck up the SNP and labour given a good kick up the arse in Wales would be nice too, but I don't think either will happen.

Labour will wins in Wales regardless of who they put up as candidates. Even though people say they are the party of the people in Wales, I don't see how the WG have made any major strides in Wales (fecking the NHS up) and charging us for plastic bags and not passing on council tax freezes that England got!

I think as a nation the only way to run it is with local regional bodies, represented by the best candidates available, who can deliver a proportionate amount of Wealth to each area of Wales. Unlike the current incumbents who offer not much to the rest of Wales.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:01 - Apr 18 with 1733 viewsperchrockjack

Davis, being the son of a single mother would at least stop the incessant "scum posh Eton "crap postied contunally here by people still stuck in a 70s timewarp,a time when our country really did looked fecked/ People forget the scum Union leaders who cared more for themselves than anything . Still, they had plenty of freebies in Cuba

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:07 - Apr 18 with 1729 viewsperchrockjack

cont...DAVIS would ,in an instant, crush the insincere "ordinary/working class" family mantra Millban,Balls and Harman spout incessantly.

Total waste of a talent

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:16 - Apr 18 with 1707 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:07 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

cont...DAVIS would ,in an instant, crush the insincere "ordinary/working class" family mantra Millban,Balls and Harman spout incessantly.

Total waste of a talent

DD is a good guy, so why does he belong to that disgusting party?

also i'm still waiting for the time when chukka said it was ok for british employers to choose british nationals first,when did he say this Swansea council do not accept it?

back it up!!!!!!
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:11 - Apr 18 with 1689 viewsHighjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:13 - Apr 17 by yescomeon

Well his party and his chat got more votes in the last euro election than SNP, Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru combined, so in a fair representation of the UK public there's got to be more people out there that support him than the three ladies on the stage, but he still got roundly and universally booed at the BBC thing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:47 - Apr 18 with 1667 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:11 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Well his party and his chat got more votes in the last euro election than SNP, Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru combined, so in a fair representation of the UK public there's got to be more people out there that support him than the three ladies on the stage, but he still got roundly and universally booed at the BBC thing.

Perhaps he should stop playing the pantomime villain then.

However, I'm sure his target audience at home lapped it up so it was probably deliberate.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:10 - Apr 18 with 1647 viewsHighjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:47 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

However, I'm sure his target audience at home lapped it up so it was probably deliberate.

Oh yeah it's clearly deliberate.

But in a truly representative audience there would have been at least a little bit of support for him, instead of the universal shocked gasps that were emitted every time he spoke. He acts like a dick all the time, but people do support him for it. Nobody in that studio did.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:16 - Apr 18 with 1642 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:11 - Apr 18 by Highjack

It is my view that it is not a fair comparison of those parties in a European election as UKIPs main focus is Europe. I have a bias though.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:41 - Apr 18 with 1627 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:47 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

Of course it was deliberate and damned right they lapped it up. Comments in work have served to underscore that very well: "Ha! Did you see farage givin' it to 'em last night?"

He's a skilled media manipulator, no doubt. He travels up and down the country relentlessly and has a very good handle on the depth of disenchantment with politics and the party machines in general. So, what to do? How about portraying yourself as unlike "them" as is possible? How about getting all of "them" on one side and you standing alone on the other for all the viewing public to witness?

It's a clever ruse, really. If you're not with "them" then you must be with "us." Very effective.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024