Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83311 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:35 - Apr 15 with 1552 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:51 - Apr 15 by trampie

He was a left winger, he was a founding member of Welsh Labour before becoming a founding member of what was to become Plaid, he was a Republican who in later life thought we should have our own monarchy, a Welsh monarchy.

Trampie, I much prefer to take my lead from what the man had to say in his own words than from a Wiki page.

Incidentally, The Labour Party in Wales was founded when DJ was a seven-year-old.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:50 - Apr 15 with 1543 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:32 - Apr 15 by epaul

Oh dear

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/14/tory-candidate-chamali-fernando-sugge

Wristbands can be removed easily perhaps they should suggest they tattoo a serial number on their foreheads

Got to love the Tories

What has she said that's wrong? So far as I can make out she's talking about an indicator as to what medication a sufferer may be on, a medical indicator much like diabetics bracelets.

I can't understand the fuss?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:13 - Apr 15 with 1531 viewsepaul

On this day 26b years ago 96 football supporters went to a match and never made it home, we are all football supporters on here, remember that when a political party are asking for your vote #JFT96
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 10:15]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 1530 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:35 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

Trampie, I much prefer to take my lead from what the man had to say in his own words than from a Wiki page.

Incidentally, The Labour Party in Wales was founded when DJ was a seven-year-old.

There was not an organised Labour party in the Ammanford area for the crimson Carmel comrade to join when he was seven.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:18 - Apr 15 with 1528 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:50 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

What has she said that's wrong? So far as I can make out she's talking about an indicator as to what medication a sufferer may be on, a medical indicator much like diabetics bracelets.

Im sure most disable people like to be seen and treated as normal people and not made to stand out

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:18 - Apr 15 with 1569 viewsC_jack

Mr Farage will be presenting the party manifesto at 11.30

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32312687

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:21 - Apr 15 with 1565 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:50 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

Nothing at all. Many vulnerable people have tags or the like to locate people to their presence if they go missing/need emergency attention. It's common sense, not a cattle-tagging procedure, although the PC brigade will do their best to convince themselves otherwise.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:21 - Apr 15 with 1565 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:27 - Apr 7 by trampie

The only sensible vote would be for Plaid Cymru and the lovely Leanne.

Agree with that Trampie I think i'm a green plaid voter,

Spoke to the labour council recently and they told me that what Leanne says about employing welsh people to do the work in wales is not allowable in Wales,

they say that all work has to be offered to everyone in the EU.

this really troubles me, if they are indeed correct.

it could mean that being welsh and living in wales would mean being unemployed and all the contracts going to other countries namely England.

For instance Wrexham council employs 40% people living in wales and the 60% of the higher end jobs goes to England.

that's absurd considering the unemployment numbers up there.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:27 - Apr 15 with 1552 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:15 - Apr 15 by trampie

There was not an organised Labour party in the Ammanford area for the crimson Carmel comrade to join when he was seven.

Maybe not, but let's suppose he was older he could have joined at Llanelli, Swansea or Neath if the fancy took him.

You helping to organise a Glyneath branch of Plaid wouldn't make you a founding member of the party, mun!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 1545 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:18 - Apr 15 by epaul

Im sure most disable people like to be seen and treated as normal people and not made to stand out

It's about timely recognition of a condition and not administering treatment that could kill in error. That's not creating stigma it's common sense, Paul, surely?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:42 - Apr 15 with 1536 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:21 - Apr 15 by libertine

Spoke to the labour council recently and they told me that what Leanne says about employing welsh people to do the work in wales is not allowable in Wales,

it could mean that being welsh and living in wales would mean being unemployed and all the contracts going to other countries namely England.

For instance Wrexham council employs 40% people living in wales and the 60% of the higher end jobs goes to England.

If Leanne actually said that about being unable to employ welsh in wales then that is just plain daft.

As far as I'm aware employment law states that any job is open to anyone in the EU. Welsh people can apply of course but half the time they don't want to take the jobs. That's why it ends up going to someone from Latvia or Romania...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 11:50]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:40 - Apr 15 with 1514 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:21 - Apr 15 by libertine

The moral of the story libertine is don't listen to that Tory party called Labour, they are full of spin and misrepresentations.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 11:41]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:54 - Apr 15 with 1488 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:32 - Apr 15 by epaul

Oh dear

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/14/tory-candidate-chamali-fernando-sugge

Wristbands can be removed easily perhaps they should suggest they tattoo a serial number on their foreheads

Got to love the Tories

I'm no Tory but what she said has been taken out of context it seems from the articl. She should have known better than to say what she said as it can easily be taken the wrong way.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:02 - Apr 15 with 1475 viewsC_jack

Not bad for a single policy party.. all the sums backed up independently as well

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:09 - Apr 15 with 1471 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:09 - Apr 15 with 1468 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:02 - Apr 15 by C_jack

Not bad for a single policy party.. all the sums backed up independently as well

There's more on there for me than on the other 2 main party's manifestos

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:11 - Apr 15 with 1462 viewslibertine

im talking about the actual contracts for business ie building council houses or building a bridge or a school, those contracts are open to all in the EU.

whereas what Leanne said was they should be filled by people living in wales first,

labour council says we have to be fair and transparent to all and offer all contracts on the selltowales site,

its a stupid idea made up by fools just to give themselves something to do.

this is bad news for welsh growth business as its plainly obvious whos going to get the best price its down to Thatcherism and market forces, the business with the least costs will get the job.

far better to use welsh companies who use welsh employees on a living wage thereby growing the economy.

I'm all for what Leanne said, if you live in wales what else could you agree with.

its the red tories that are causing the problems, sometimes i'm sure the welsh councils don't want to be in Europe as they always use it as an excuse not to help welsh business.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:41 - Apr 15 with 1441 viewstrampie

The Welsh home rule party fans are singing for the first time in years 'Liberals are back, Liberals are back hello, hello.

The Lib-Dems have come out with a 'Home rule for Wales' manifesto, there are a few big ones in there and the big ones are not necessarily apparent till you think about it, giving the national assembly control of S4C [giving control of the media away...hmm], allowing the assembly to set its own bank holidays [St Davids day would be a certainty surely others have offered that, but could we be looking at Owain Glyndwr day the guy seen as more important than Churchill by many and that's in a British sense] stopping Westminster overriding the Welsh Assembly, even being able to amend electoral arrangements within Wales.

They have to keep Wales on side as mid Wales often votes Liberal and they have been saying 'Home rule for Wales' for over a hundred years but haven't delivered.

The Liberals were always centre ground but they moved right the same time as the Labour party did to stay inbetween Labour and the Conservatives [just like the BBC] but they have all ended up right wing, Labour and their supporters have gone - they are Tories, they only care about people in work they don't want to know about the poor, they have just come out only weeks ago and said “We don’t want to be seen, and we’re not, the party to represent those who are out of work.”
But the Liberals, some of them anyway were devastated that they were part of the austerity cuts propping up a Conservative Government and by and large being unable to put a brake on them, many on the left of the Lib-Dems have been looking towards the Greens in England the SNP in Scotland and some in Wales are looking towards Plaid.

Some Lib-Dems are starting to distance themselves from the red and blue Tories, will the Lib-Dem leadership pull the party back to the middle ? and leave Labour and the Conservatives out on the right with UKIP or will the Lib-Dems stay out on the right ?, unfortunately I think the Lib-Dem leadership will stay out on the right, although some Lib-Dems would prefer them to be more like Plaid/Greens/SNP than Labour and the Conservatives.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 13:19]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:47 - Apr 15 with 1420 viewsperchrockjack

trampie.

Look, have a go by all means but read what I actually post. NO READ IT REALLY.

You ll note I comment not on where you are from but my comments relate to Angelsey,North Wales Wales, and its denizens/

Trust me, you are so mypopic its blinding you, your constant anti English pro separatist posts ARE rants as is your pitiful support of a politican nonentity that the vast majority of Swansea people would recoil at listening to her. Plaid, would kill Wales as an entity if given any power. The language is the main issue with them and with 80% having english at the mother tongue there are basically a language based party which has morphed into other areas to collect votes.

FINALLY, Im a big opponent of Communism - a system that has killed and alienated millions over the years and yet somehow its less venal than the Tories.

Ive kept my powder dry until now but Im up for it now.

Rant? See me when Im cross.

BTW, don't burn down our cottage in Criccieth

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:06 - Apr 15 with 1409 viewstrampie

Matthew Maynard up against Andy Roberts hey, Wales played a World Cup qualifier at Anfield because they were building the National Stadium hey, some people really don't have the foggiest and should stick to writing posts about shopping.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:09 - Apr 15 with 1402 viewstrampie

Ms Wood talking on Sky news yesterday about only doing a deal with Labour if they don't implement Tory policies, that might be difficult as most of Labours policies are Tory policies.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:25 - Apr 15 with 1377 viewsmacthejack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:09 - Apr 15 by Starsky

There's more on there for me than on the other 2 main party's manifestos

They certainly know their target market don't they. The sort of people who write Facebook statuses along the lines of "Soldiers shuld b payed footballers wages it's a DISGRACE" and who's views on foreign policy consist of roughly "Oh f*ck off Putin."

Oh and repealing the climate change act? Jesus wept.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:40 - Apr 15 with 1349 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:42 - Apr 15 by Lord_Bony

If Leanne actually said that about being unable to employ welsh in wales then that is just plain daft.

As far as I'm aware employment law states that any job is open to anyone in the EU. Welsh people can apply of course but half the time they don't want to take the jobs. That's why it ends up going to someone from Latvia or Romania...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 11:50]

I'm here.. I'm willing.. I'm British.. I'm part of the Labour 'corruption' plan.. I can read.. I can write.. I've gone through worse than most Europeans.. I'm getting fed up of the lazy Brits jibe.. Ignorance.. A lot of lazy people are in professions and jobs.. They're more work shy than me.. But they're not part of this clear corruption that's going on in our country.. Farage spoke well in his manifesto (i noticed the BBC cut most of it out)..

We live in a corrupt country.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 1341 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:25 - Apr 15 by macthejack

They certainly know their target market don't they. The sort of people who write Facebook statuses along the lines of "Soldiers shuld b payed footballers wages it's a DISGRACE" and who's views on foreign policy consist of roughly "Oh f*ck off Putin."

Oh and repealing the climate change act? Jesus wept.

They want to get rid of the department of energy and climate change

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:56 - Apr 15 with 1330 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:40 - Apr 15 by skippyjack

I'm here.. I'm willing.. I'm British.. I'm part of the Labour 'corruption' plan.. I can read.. I can write.. I've gone through worse than most Europeans.. I'm getting fed up of the lazy Brits jibe.. Ignorance.. A lot of lazy people are in professions and jobs.. They're more work shy than me.. But they're not part of this clear corruption that's going on in our country.. Farage spoke well in his manifesto (i noticed the BBC cut most of it out)..

We live in a corrupt country.

I heard the entirety of Farage's speech live on the BBC. If was the same old, same old. And independently costed? The entirety of their spending commitments rely entirely on money they say will be saved if we leave the EU and that figure is debatable at best. Thank goodness they've got as much chance of implementing that list as I have of becoming a pro footballer.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024