Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83106 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:03 - Apr 15 with 1613 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:09 - Apr 15 by trampie

Ms Wood talking on Sky news yesterday about only doing a deal with Labour if they don't implement Tory policies, that might be difficult as most of Labours policies are Tory policies.

You don't just get up to dance, Leanne, you've got to be asked first....

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1605 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:56 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

I heard the entirety of Farage's speech live on the BBC. If was the same old, same old. And independently costed? The entirety of their spending commitments rely entirely on money they say will be saved if we leave the EU and that figure is debatable at best. Thank goodness they've got as much chance of implementing that list as I have of becoming a pro footballer.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/15/do-ukip-manifesto-sums-add-up

Of course, and that's detailed in the document, it has been given the tick by an independent commission, and is a damn sight more credible than anything the other parties have presented. To use an analogy, If UKIP was a new business just starting up, then this would be a sound, vigorously examined, business plan

If nothing else, it's a positive sign that an alternative party, right or left, can propose new and viable ideas, and back them up with the figures.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 14:07]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:07 - Apr 15 with 1597 viewsperchrockjack

Uncle JOE would have had her sent to the Gulag

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:08 - Apr 15 with 1599 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:03 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

You don't just get up to dance, Leanne, you've got to be asked first....

Sky News asked her question so she answered.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:18 - Apr 15 with 1585 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:06 - Apr 15 by C_jack

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/15/do-ukip-manifesto-sums-add-up

Of course, and that's detailed in the document, it has been given the tick by an independent commission, and is a damn sight more credible than anything the other parties have presented. To use an analogy, If UKIP was a new business just starting up, then this would be a sound, vigorously examined, business plan

If nothing else, it's a positive sign that an alternative party, right or left, can propose new and viable ideas, and back them up with the figures.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 14:07]

Nope, it's a wish list based on a lot of huge what ifs that's no more (or less, to be fair) credible than any other similar list of commitments except that those of the other parties don't absolutely rely on leaving the EU to be implemented. I can see why Farage and his message appeals but it's a dishonest panacea that all of the problems of the UK are the fault of the EU, immigration and foreign aid.

Still agree with them on electoral reform though.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:22 - Apr 15 with 1548 viewsLohengrin

"...it's a wish list based on a lot of huge what ifs..."

Isn't that what politics is, in essence? Certainly personal politics?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:31 - Apr 15 with 1540 viewsUxbridge

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:25 - Apr 15 by macthejack

They certainly know their target market don't they. The sort of people who write Facebook statuses along the lines of "Soldiers shuld b payed footballers wages it's a DISGRACE" and who's views on foreign policy consist of roughly "Oh f*ck off Putin."

Oh and repealing the climate change act? Jesus wept.

Sue. Perb.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:38 - Apr 15 with 1536 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:25 - Apr 15 by macthejack

They certainly know their target market don't they. The sort of people who write Facebook statuses along the lines of "Soldiers shuld b payed footballers wages it's a DISGRACE" and who's views on foreign policy consist of roughly "Oh f*ck off Putin."

Oh and repealing the climate change act? Jesus wept.

Condescending rubbish, that is wholly untrue.

Why do you think that us mere humans are responsible for climate change on a piece of rock that is billion years old?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 15:39]

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:04 - Apr 15 with 1519 viewsUxbridge

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:38 - Apr 15 by C_jack

Why do you think that us mere humans are responsible for climate change on a piece of rock that is billion years old?

Because we are.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:24 - Apr 15 with 1508 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:42 - Apr 15 by Lord_Bony

If Leanne actually said that about being unable to employ welsh in wales then that is just plain daft.

As far as I'm aware employment law states that any job is open to anyone in the EU. Welsh people can apply of course but half the time they don't want to take the jobs. That's why it ends up going to someone from Latvia or Romania...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 11:50]

I'm here.. I'm willing.. I'm British.. I'm part of the Labour 'corruption' plan.. I can read.. I can write.. I've gone through worse than most Europeans.. I'm getting fed up of the lazy Brits jibe.. Ignorance.. A lot of lazy people are in professions and jobs.. They're more work shy than me.. But they're not part of this clear corruption that's going on in our country.. Farage spoke well in his manifesto (i noticed the BBC cut most of it out)..

We live in a corrupt country.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:41 - Apr 15 with 1489 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:38 - Apr 15 by C_jack

Yeah because all of the hydrocarbons that we burn every day have make absolutely f**k all difference to the climate.

This is like the vaccination thread all over again. Established science isn't a conspiracy.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:46 - Apr 15 with 1459 viewsJackfath

I am going to vote Plaid Cymru.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:06 - Apr 15 with 1443 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:41 - Apr 15 by acejack3065

Yeah because all of the hydrocarbons that we burn every day have make absolutely f**k all difference to the climate.

This is like the vaccination thread all over again. Established science isn't a conspiracy.

Well alleged science behind diets and low fat is total bollocks. Who funds the bulk of this research?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:10 - Apr 15 with 1442 viewsmonmouth

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:46 - Apr 15 by Jackfath

I am going to vote Plaid Cymru.

So am I actually. Not because I think that they are any good...they are sh1te, but if Wales is ever to get any more of the cake than a few crumbs after the Scots and Norns have gorged themselves, there needs to be a 'Welsher' voice coming from Cardiff Bay than these poxy Labour goons and Tory turds. Not that it'll matter a tuppeny toss, they have no chance, especially up here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:14 - Apr 15 with 1440 viewslibertine

and me i'm now officially a greenplaid

labour are fukwits and the people who vote for them should take the time to try and figure out exactly what labour stands for.

Scotland have woken up to it, do we really have to be the village idiots again, wake up and smell the rhetorical shiit bellowing out from slave labour.

Leanne has pledged

The party says it could create 50,000 jobs through more public contracts for welsh companies.

The labour party have said that they cannot do the same as the EU is stopping them, when I spoke to plaid earlier, they did not slag off labour they just said that it is doable its just a matter of going through the process correctly like other countries do.

Scotland have already done it Scottish jobs from Scottish procurement.

If anyone wants to see it i'll post it.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 1434 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:14 - Apr 15 by libertine

and me i'm now officially a greenplaid

labour are fukwits and the people who vote for them should take the time to try and figure out exactly what labour stands for.

Scotland have woken up to it, do we really have to be the village idiots again, wake up and smell the rhetorical shiit bellowing out from slave labour.

Leanne has pledged

The party says it could create 50,000 jobs through more public contracts for welsh companies.

The labour party have said that they cannot do the same as the EU is stopping them, when I spoke to plaid earlier, they did not slag off labour they just said that it is doable its just a matter of going through the process correctly like other countries do.

Scotland have already done it Scottish jobs from Scottish procurement.

If anyone wants to see it i'll post it.

This is nothing new. Chukka ummuna said that it's not illegal to give jobs to nationals first.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:06 - Apr 15 with 1401 viewsJackfath

The reason I am voting plaid is the candidate for Gower (not The Gower) looks like Peter Griffin.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:51 - Apr 15 with 1366 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:06 - Apr 15 by Jackfath

The reason I am voting plaid is the candidate for Gower (not The Gower) looks like Peter Griffin.

Vote Plaid in the Gower and you'll end up with Byron "I f**king hate Andrew RT" Davies. No thanks!
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:56 - Apr 15 with 1363 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:06 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

Well alleged science behind diets and low fat is total bollocks. Who funds the bulk of this research?

Completely different areas of science, climate science funding would be awarded from government money. I am sure most people would love to see the evidence showing that mankind isn't impacting on the climate and so would the funding agencies, but that is just not the way that the world is and that is just the way that the physics works.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:12 - Apr 15 with 1352 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:41 - Apr 15 by acejack3065

So what happened to 'Global Warming'?

Established science got it wrong. To then save future embarrassment, they covered their backsides by just saying the climate was 'changing', well no s**t, you don't need to be a Professor of science to realise that the earth is continually going through cycles.

Why are we wasting money trying to stop something that this piece of rock has been doing for near 1 billion years of it's existence? probably because in the large we're a bunch of self-gratifying morons, who have some grand sense of illusion that we control how this planet behaves
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 20:12]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:26 - Apr 15 with 1348 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:12 - Apr 15 by C_jack

So what happened to 'Global Warming'?

Established science got it wrong. To then save future embarrassment, they covered their backsides by just saying the climate was 'changing', well no s**t, you don't need to be a Professor of science to realise that the earth is continually going through cycles.

Why are we wasting money trying to stop something that this piece of rock has been doing for near 1 billion years of it's existence? probably because in the large we're a bunch of self-gratifying morons, who have some grand sense of illusion that we control how this planet behaves
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 20:12]

Global warming specifically refers to the earths temperature rising. Climate change is a broader term that encompasses global warming as well as changes in climate and weather. Both are happening and It is not a linguistic trick as you suggest.

Look at the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere since 1950. Look at the research. Believe what you want. Science isn't about belief and opinion.

I'm not going to change your mind here so I'm not going to waste my time.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 1334 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:26 - Apr 15 by acejack3065

Global warming specifically refers to the earths temperature rising. Climate change is a broader term that encompasses global warming as well as changes in climate and weather. Both are happening and It is not a linguistic trick as you suggest.

Look at the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere since 1950. Look at the research. Believe what you want. Science isn't about belief and opinion.

I'm not going to change your mind here so I'm not going to waste my time.

The planet has not shown any increase in temperature for around 20 years, so by that means it cannot possibly be 'global warming'? but then, referring to it as 'warming', is ambiguous, to say the least, and just wrong. The term is redundant in science, and the media have all but abandoned it amongst the arguments between scientists themselves over it's plausibility.

No one is disputing that we've increased those totals, with the increase of globalisation etc etc But do you honestly think that barely 60 years out of how many billion is enough to disrupt the cycle of this planet, and cause certain doom?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 20:54]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 1332 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

This is nothing new. Chukka ummuna said that it's not illegal to give jobs to nationals first.

can you please show me were he said it, as it will be very useful in a meeting I am going to.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 1322 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:50 - Apr 15 by C_jack

The planet has not shown any increase in temperature for around 20 years, so by that means it cannot possibly be 'global warming'? but then, referring to it as 'warming', is ambiguous, to say the least, and just wrong. The term is redundant in science, and the media have all but abandoned it amongst the arguments between scientists themselves over it's plausibility.

No one is disputing that we've increased those totals, with the increase of globalisation etc etc But do you honestly think that barely 60 years out of how many billion is enough to disrupt the cycle of this planet, and cause certain doom?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 20:54]

Since 1880 the temperature of the earth has risen by .85 degrees centigrade.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 1309 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:55 - Apr 15 by acejack3065

Since 1880 the temperature of the earth has risen by .85 degrees centigrade.

And since 1998 it hasn't gone up a jot. We're actually in a period of 'global cooling' at the moment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024