Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83096 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:27 - Apr 16 with 1746 viewsPacemaker

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - Apr 16 by Jackfath

I am well aware of that. However to have the notion of voting for Labour with the main reason that one doesn't want conservatives to get in is mental.

People voting labour. Why?

Aberavon has been lumped with Stephen Kinnock as the labour candidate, why anyone would vote for someone who has no links to the local area, has no experience of a workers life (as a professional politician) and is an obvious central party candidate as a result of us family being "grandees" of the Labour Party and while his wife is currently the PM of Denmark I cannot see him living in his flat in Cwmafan with all the close protection required for a head of state.

He is hardly going to be putting the people of Port Talbot first and I cannot see why anyone would vote for him, he will of course be voted in with a majority slightly down on the last election.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:28 - Apr 16 with 1743 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:24 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Nats and Greens arguing about who can spend the most cash that doesn't exist.

That Aussie bint is f*cking barking.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:34 - Apr 16 with 1726 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage just decided that the best way of dealing with this is to blame the audience because some of them don''t agree with him.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:34 - Apr 16 with 1726 viewsyescomeon

Fck me Farage has dropped a bollock there.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:36 - Apr 16 with 1723 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:34 - Apr 16 by yescomeon

Fck me Farage has dropped a bollock there.

That's an astonishing public breakdown he had for a minute there.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:20 - Apr 16 with 1626 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:51 - Apr 16 by Jackfath

If everyone always has the same attitude of having to vote Labour as they dont want Conservative, nothing will ever change. It's a shit system and its little wonder so may can't be bothered with it all.

It's going to be the same horseshite for 5 more years.. Whichever party is in power.. 2020+ is when something will have to change.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:29 - Apr 16 with 1596 viewsmonmouth

Am I hallucinating or has Miliband just been utterly pwned by Nicola Sturgeon who is very very good at this stuff (look and Learnne Wood).

Miliband is just an idiot. Farage is astounding and beyond contempt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:34 - Apr 16 with 1585 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:29 - Apr 16 by monmouth

Am I hallucinating or has Miliband just been utterly pwned by Nicola Sturgeon who is very very good at this stuff (look and Learnne Wood).

Miliband is just an idiot. Farage is astounding and beyond contempt.

the only person who's winning from this in England is Cameron.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:51 - Apr 16 with 1554 viewsmonmouth

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:34 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

the only person who's winning from this in England is Cameron.

Really sad to say but I can start to see a Cameron Farage ticket being an increasingly popular choice in England. I just hope to god it's not enough for any kind of majority.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:04 - Apr 16 with 1535 viewsexiledclaseboy

The SNP have boxed themselves into a corner a bit. Labour have ruled out formal coalition, the SNP will have to support any minority Labour government on Queen's speech, budget and confidence votes because losing those votes means the government falls and the SNP will be directly responsible for allowing the Tories to re-take Downing St. UKIP won't have enough to prop up a minority Tory government and the libdems won't join a Tory/UKIP anti-EU pact.

It's all very exciting.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:08 - Apr 16 with 1525 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:35 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Well I'm sure there are those who feel that despite its myriad faults Labour represents the best and (more importantly) most realistic option for them and what they believe in. I'm one of those this time round (still a few weeks to go mind and I'm notoriously fickle with my vote). I'm all for tactical voting as well. But that depends whether you're more anti one party than pro-any other. If I lived in such a constituency I'd happily vote for the candidate with the best chance of beating the Tories. Unless that candidate is a UKIPer. I have limits.

There's an interesting article on this theme here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/15/britain-rotten-electoral-sy

I quite like that idea, Im voting Green but happy to gain a Labour vote in a marginal to try to help get the scum f*cking Tories out

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:10 - Apr 16 with 1522 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:04 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

The SNP have boxed themselves into a corner a bit. Labour have ruled out formal coalition, the SNP will have to support any minority Labour government on Queen's speech, budget and confidence votes because losing those votes means the government falls and the SNP will be directly responsible for allowing the Tories to re-take Downing St. UKIP won't have enough to prop up a minority Tory government and the libdems won't join a Tory/UKIP anti-EU pact.

It's all very exciting.

Do you think that it is possible that plaid, green, dup, etc. could be enough to give labour a majority if snp were out of the picture?

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:18 - Apr 16 with 1512 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:10 - Apr 16 by yescomeon

Do you think that it is possible that plaid, green, dup, etc. could be enough to give labour a majority if snp were out of the picture?

Forget the DUP, they're natural Tory allies. The SDLP would be more likely but between them, Plaid and the Greens you're looking at 10 seats max. I doubt Labour will get that close to a majority. Eta - add the Libdems in and it could work. Messy though.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 22:19]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:25 - Apr 16 with 1503 viewsAquinas

Can anyone find the debate on iplayer? been looking for a while and can't find it.

Tried to watch it through the channel option but only lets you rewind up to an hour.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:28 - Apr 16 with 1495 viewstrampie

Leanne was looking good and did well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:54 - Apr 16 with 1471 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:27 - Apr 16 by perchrockjack

Where have I mentioned lovely Leanne batting for the other side.
Just as well LISA aint around as the Scottish answer to kd lang is starting to grate on me now.

There s only so much Jock crap you can stomach; Im surprised she hasn't dug up Jimmy Shand and Andy Stewart to come to the Party.

Leanne,( I heard her briefly today sadly) speaking to the British electorate at large means I ll be eschewing all television this evening. No offence but hope she s not wearing red again tonight as her nationalist chum is fond of that colour and it would be sad if they had a clash of outfits but looking at these two I doubt they d notice or be bothered.

Sorry to get personal but its better than their inane political claptrap.

tsch

What on earth are you on about??
Neither of them are gay and quite how Nicola Sturgeon is anyone's answer to kd lang is beyond me unless she has a hitherto undiscovered talent !
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:02 - Apr 16 with 1461 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:51 - Apr 16 by monmouth

Really sad to say but I can start to see a Cameron Farage ticket being an increasingly popular choice in England. I just hope to god it's not enough for any kind of majority.

It's terrifying !
The more that Sturgeon speaks the more she damages Labour In England and ironically, the SNP's chance of any influence. We've just had 10 mins on BBC London about how London is sending too much money elsewhere (which it's not - it's because the jobs are in the wrong place).
I'm beginning to believe that SNP want Cameron back in - they can't surely be this stupid.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 05:19 - Apr 17 with 1381 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:02 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

It's terrifying !
The more that Sturgeon speaks the more she damages Labour In England and ironically, the SNP's chance of any influence. We've just had 10 mins on BBC London about how London is sending too much money elsewhere (which it's not - it's because the jobs are in the wrong place).
I'm beginning to believe that SNP want Cameron back in - they can't surely be this stupid.

I've already stated on here that The SNP need Cameron to be reelected. A Labour victory for them would be a disaster. They define themselves north of the border in opposition to Labour, it's been spectacularly successful for them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:12 - Apr 17 with 1332 viewstrampie

Well done the lovely Leanne standing up for Wales, at least with Plaid you know they will put Wales first all the rest wont as they are London parties.

Leanne asked Ed Miliband will he give equal funding to Wales as Scotland ?, he declined to answer.

Leanne asked Ed would he hold an emergency budget [to stop the previous Governments unfair austerity measures on the poor] if he got in ?, he declined to answer.

Leanne asked Miliband could nuclear weapons defeat the Islamic State ? [she could have said it didn't stop the Argentinians or the IRA].

Well done Leanne she exposed Labour for being what they are and that is another Tory party, as Nicola Sturgeon said they are 'Tory lite'.

It must be amazing for people of a certain age to see Labour attacked from their left flank and attacked by centre-left parties as well since Labour have moved so far over to the right, middle of the road voters need binoculars to see Labour, Conservatives and UKIP.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 8:19]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:22 - Apr 17 with 1304 viewsorion3016

Leanne did well last night
Thankfully all the minor parties are giving labour a wide berth

Be over there now after

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:24 - Apr 17 with 1303 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:12 - Apr 17 by trampie

Well done the lovely Leanne standing up for Wales, at least with Plaid you know they will put Wales first all the rest wont as they are London parties.

Leanne asked Ed Miliband will he give equal funding to Wales as Scotland ?, he declined to answer.

Leanne asked Ed would he hold an emergency budget [to stop the previous Governments unfair austerity measures on the poor] if he got in ?, he declined to answer.

Leanne asked Miliband could nuclear weapons defeat the Islamic State ? [she could have said it didn't stop the Argentinians or the IRA].

Well done Leanne she exposed Labour for being what they are and that is another Tory party, as Nicola Sturgeon said they are 'Tory lite'.

It must be amazing for people of a certain age to see Labour attacked from their left flank and attacked by centre-left parties as well since Labour have moved so far over to the right, middle of the road voters need binoculars to see Labour, Conservatives and UKIP.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 8:19]

agreed trampie,

she did well and comparing her speaking abilities to Nicola's is unfair as Nicola has years of experience in a public speaking, so lets be fair. The girl did well.

Plaid are the only party who actually give a damn, labour sure as hell don't any excuse not to help local business and blame it on EU regs.

I am honestly disgusted that they have the cheek to call themselves labour they are a bad imitation for a tory left wing, those railwaymen who started the party would be turning in their graves.

The old "cliché" vote labour or those tory basterds will get in doesn't make any sense as no one votes tory in wales we are completely safe labour. They don't even bother knocking the door any more its so safe, no one even knows any of their policies yet they blindly tick the labour box, sheep to the slaughter.

it should be vote plaid/green or those labour basterds will get in, the policies are the same as the tories.

who said austerity works, very intelligent economists disagree so why do the eton mess know more?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:49 - Apr 17 with 1290 viewsperchrockjack

LISA.

I M ON ABOUT HAVING A LITTLE FUN... That's all ,girl.

God knows we need a little levity at times and the thought of these two having any sort of power is frightening.

BTW, what was that group hug all about.

LISA, as they say, lighten up mun.

No humans or animals were harmed in the making of this post

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:49 - Apr 17 with 1291 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

This is nothing new. Chukka ummuna said that it's not illegal to give jobs to nationals first.

wayne,

help me out when did chukka says this?

about it being ok to employ a national first
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:09 - Apr 17 with 1280 viewsperchrockjack

Feck it ,I ll make a serious post as my humour flies over many heads on here.

This will be the first election I might well not vote at all mainly because of the tory "scum utterly lacking the balls to stick to their guns and tradition of protecting the public ,small businesses, hard working people and being able to create wealth to look after our services. I do not favour the State interfering in my life thanks all the same.
LABOUR, now far from the scumlike cretins that gave is 20% inflation and industrial chaos and a host of scum union leaders , are now socially exactly the same as the scum tories except they own and rent out social houses for private gain and advocate state schools but do no send their kids to them .Scum hypocrites to see politics as a career although shafting your own flesh and blood to gain power seems ok with a man now touting to be leader of our country.

Plaid?... Nice to have a welsh speaking leader who lives in the Rhondda and pronounces the RH correctly

SNP? Better not upset Lisa anymore but Nic clearly and a good make over but looks too thin now to be credible. She s an Ingenue.

Farage. Smarmy, self opinionated oik in a Spivs coat, clearly an insult to car salesmen everywhere. No longer a joke and he needs a bloody nose.

Where s Lord Such when you need him ..

TELL YOU WHAT,After this election we re gonna need big sense of humour to survive.

take care out there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:23 - Apr 17 with 1276 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:49 - Apr 17 by perchrockjack

LISA.

I M ON ABOUT HAVING A LITTLE FUN... That's all ,girl.

God knows we need a little levity at times and the thought of these two having any sort of power is frightening.

BTW, what was that group hug all about.

LISA, as they say, lighten up mun.

No humans or animals were harmed in the making of this post

oh - I thought you were getting confused ;-)

I agree re the power bit though - I also have no idea why Leanne is so keen to be seen as a friend of Sturgeon - she's on one hand asking for Milliband to say he'll change the Barnett formula and on the other hand hugging the main opponent to change. It doesn't make much sense to me - I don't think they're on the same side at this point other than 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' which is rapidly what this whole election is turning in to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024