Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83292 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:58 - Apr 22 with 1971 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is worth a few minutes of your time. The Cabinet Manual is also worth a squizz if you've got a bit longer to kill.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/22/a-hung-parliament-dont-panic-dem

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/60641/
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 21:59]

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:43 - Apr 22 with 1924 viewstrampie

Lovely Leanne deemed to have won tonights debate for Plaid Cymru both in the hall and on social media, experts saying tonights debate unlikely to change much but all the same, a percieved win is a percieved win by Plaid over the rest.
Experts saying Ms Wood had an advantage after her expericences of debating in the national debates, personally I thought the Green leader came out next best behind Ms Wood and that the UKIP leader was the poorest, the three main Westminster parties were same old, same old.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:08 - Apr 23 with 1871 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:43 - Apr 22 by trampie

Lovely Leanne deemed to have won tonights debate for Plaid Cymru both in the hall and on social media, experts saying tonights debate unlikely to change much but all the same, a percieved win is a percieved win by Plaid over the rest.
Experts saying Ms Wood had an advantage after her expericences of debating in the national debates, personally I thought the Green leader came out next best behind Ms Wood and that the UKIP leader was the poorest, the three main Westminster parties were same old, same old.

I watched most of it, they were ALL absolute gash. It was like watching a secondary school mock election where no pupils from the top band were standing.

The Amazon from The Green Party was fairly entertaining in as much as she's quite mad, but you wouldn't trust her to run the bath let alone a country. The rest were shabby non-entities. Zero charisma, zero intellect.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 1819 viewstrampie

I wonder if we are about to see a mini Plaid surge, you would thing the demographics are against them but they are getting a lot of positive comments from people on social media which is content the national media have no influence over, the national media can influence people but people that have not been influenced they cant seem to stop them posting their views, a mini Welsh Spring perhaps, the Welsh dragon isn't awakening yet but there might be signs that the long sleep is coming to an end.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 1819 viewsJimmyGilligan

http://www.torynhsplan.com/

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:00 - Apr 23 with 1809 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:38 - Apr 23 by trampie

I wonder if we are about to see a mini Plaid surge, you would thing the demographics are against them but they are getting a lot of positive comments from people on social media which is content the national media have no influence over, the national media can influence people but people that have not been influenced they cant seem to stop them posting their views, a mini Welsh Spring perhaps, the Welsh dragon isn't awakening yet but there might be signs that the long sleep is coming to an end.

A resurgence with the "lovely" one to the fore, Trampie?

On Welsh Culture: "...nationality, identity — those kinds of questions — they’re not really important..."

On the Welsh language: "I don’t think it does [matter], really."

It more 'avin a laugh than avant-garde.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:23 - Apr 23 with 1797 viewstrampie

Its called getting real Lohengrin, the immigrants are here, there cant be anyone left in Moenchengladbach.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 10:24]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:46 - Apr 23 with 1778 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:23 - Apr 23 by trampie

Its called getting real Lohengrin, the immigrants are here, there cant be anyone left in Moenchengladbach.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 10:24]

If you were to conduct a vox pop of Plaid's membership, Trampie, you'll not be surprised to find identity and language topping the list of priority. Indeed a desire to define and defend such would, no doubt, be cited as the reason they'd joined at all.

I'm still scratching my head as to how on earth somebody like Wood finds herself in the position she is. It's staggering if you really start to think about it. Incredible.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:03 - Apr 23 with 1769 viewstrampie

Wood was voted in by the membership, she beat Elin Jones and Lord Elis-Thomas, nearly getting the required 50% plus in the first round, she won in the second round, it was quite an endorsement and a solid win.

The demographics dictate that the country is overrun, Plaids heartlands in particular are overrun with immigrants, Plaid need to expand to stay valid, some people won money on Ms Wood winning at the bookies, outsiders had no idea that she was likely to win, people that took an interest thought she was a good thing to win.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:07 - Apr 23 with 1765 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:03 - Apr 23 by trampie

Wood was voted in by the membership, she beat Elin Jones and Lord Elis-Thomas, nearly getting the required 50% plus in the first round, she won in the second round, it was quite an endorsement and a solid win.

The demographics dictate that the country is overrun, Plaids heartlands in particular are overrun with immigrants, Plaid need to expand to stay valid, some people won money on Ms Wood winning at the bookies, outsiders had no idea that she was likely to win, people that took an interest thought she was a good thing to win.

All I can say is that whatever case she put forward to the membership must have borne little or no relation to the interview she gave to The Guardian, then.

She's lying to somebody, we are now seeing to who.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:21 - Apr 23 with 1735 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:07 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

All I can say is that whatever case she put forward to the membership must have borne little or no relation to the interview she gave to The Guardian, then.

She's lying to somebody, we are now seeing to who.

What did she tell the Guardian ? [link please] and are you saying that the bulk of the membership would not have agreed with her ?

Don't forget the membership due to immigration is not the same as the membership in 1925.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 1723 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:21 - Apr 23 by trampie

What did she tell the Guardian ? [link please] and are you saying that the bulk of the membership would not have agreed with her ?

Don't forget the membership due to immigration is not the same as the membership in 1925.

It's the interview that you suggested I read, the one I got up early for and took the dog down the newsagents, mun!

I appreciate that faces change but that's not an excuse for shifting principles, Trampie. Plaid's number one priority HAS to be the culture, it HAS to be the language, otherwise what are we left with? We already have a Labour Party, we have a Liberal too.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:35 - Apr 23 with 1691 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:30 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

It's the interview that you suggested I read, the one I got up early for and took the dog down the newsagents, mun!

I appreciate that faces change but that's not an excuse for shifting principles, Trampie. Plaid's number one priority HAS to be the culture, it HAS to be the language, otherwise what are we left with? We already have a Labour Party, we have a Liberal too.

The Guardian interview was the other day mun not 2012 when Ms Wood was elected leader, she supports the language but she is not a single issue entity, she is an all round politician.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:42 - Apr 23 with 1685 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:35 - Apr 23 by trampie

The Guardian interview was the other day mun not 2012 when Ms Wood was elected leader, she supports the language but she is not a single issue entity, she is an all round politician.

A sort of jack of all trades but master of none, in a Tupperware lady kind of way?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:10 - Apr 23 with 1670 viewstrampie

The very best politicians are jack of all trades politicians.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 1660 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:10 - Apr 23 by trampie

The very best politicians are jack of all trades politicians.

Perhaps that's why nobody trusts them any more.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 1644 viewstrampie

They are not trusted because the majority of them are full of spin, Ms Wood is genuine, she believes in what she believes and she has remained true to her beliefs, she is for real, a true left wing politician, in the years I have followed politics and her [as she has similar views to me and comes from just over the other side of craig y llyn to me], there is nothing fake about her, she is a breath of fresh air in mainstream politics.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:49 - Apr 23 with 1624 viewstrampie

Wales online has just put out an article about Leanne Wood calling for a redistribution of wealth and power within Wales.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:52 - Apr 23 with 1617 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:31 - Apr 23 by trampie

They are not trusted because the majority of them are full of spin, Ms Wood is genuine, she believes in what she believes and she has remained true to her beliefs, she is for real, a true left wing politician, in the years I have followed politics and her [as she has similar views to me and comes from just over the other side of craig y llyn to me], there is nothing fake about her, she is a breath of fresh air in mainstream politics.

She is not some 'Che Guevara from the Rhonnda' heroine of political revolution that is going to drag Wales up from it's knees, she is merely a pebble on the landscape, even in a country where despite being the leader of the nationalist party, and in a country which I believe is inherently nationalist in its culture, she will struggle to get 3 seats.

She is not running in a constituency, she will have no power to change anything regardless of the election result.

She is an irrelevance, put a poster up on the bedroom wall and get over it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 13:52]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:03 - Apr 23 with 1598 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:52 - Apr 23 by C_jack

She is not some 'Che Guevara from the Rhonnda' heroine of political revolution that is going to drag Wales up from it's knees, she is merely a pebble on the landscape, even in a country where despite being the leader of the nationalist party, and in a country which I believe is inherently nationalist in its culture, she will struggle to get 3 seats.

She is not running in a constituency, she will have no power to change anything regardless of the election result.

She is an irrelevance, put a poster up on the bedroom wall and get over it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 13:52]

Her history suggests she could be a Che Guevara of the Valleys.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 1583 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:03 - Apr 23 by trampie

Her history suggests she could be a Che Guevara of the Valleys.

Shot dead by Bolivians?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:23 - Apr 23 with 1575 viewstrampie

Swearing allegiance to forces not aligned to the state, arrested by the state, kettled by the state, thrown out of an elected chamber by the big cheese representing the state, oops I forgot what left wing revolutionary comrade I was thinking about now, never mind perhaps it will come back to me later on.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:46 - Apr 23 with 1560 viewstrampie

Ms Wood has apparently taken to twitter to wish a happy St. George's day to all of our friends in England, on behalf of Plaid.

Oh bless, what a nice lady the lovely Leanne is.

And to think that some in England are afraid of Nicola and Leanne, lol.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:04 - Apr 23 with 1537 viewstrampie

Venue change, Leanne Wood up in Bangor today and they have had to change the venue because so many people wanted to see her, Dafydd Wigley saying its the type of meeting we have not seen for twenty years.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:18 - Apr 23 with 1526 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:23 - Apr 23 by trampie

Swearing allegiance to forces not aligned to the state, arrested by the state, kettled by the state, thrown out of an elected chamber by the big cheese representing the state, oops I forgot what left wing revolutionary comrade I was thinking about now, never mind perhaps it will come back to me later on.

"Swearing allegiance to forces not aligned to the state" The Comintern perhaps?

Have you seen her ejection from The Senedd? She's like a bewildered child being ticked off by an exasperated tutor. Trampie, I've a feeling that your whole world is going to come crashing down when you discover that your heroine has feet of clay.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 15:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024