Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83286 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:40 - Apr 23 with 2339 viewsWitneyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:58 - Apr 23 by trampie

Out of the 7 leaders of the main parties [Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Farage, Sturgeon, Bennett and Wood], in a poll out today Ms Wood has hit the front with the highest approval ratings.

Yet she won't be a Westminster MP come May 7th so as such is irrelevant.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:22 - Apr 24 with 2288 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:03 - Apr 24 with 2268 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another what if scenario. Speculating is fun.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/24/election-result-voting-refo

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:33 - Apr 24 with 2252 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:58 - Apr 23 by trampie

Out of the 7 leaders of the main parties [Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Farage, Sturgeon, Bennett and Wood], in a poll out today Ms Wood has hit the front with the highest approval ratings.

Wow, really? Did you come?

Not sure which is more embarrassingly adolescent - your schoolboy politics or your puppy love for "the Welsh Audrey Hepburn."

You must be going through the Kleenex at a rate of knots.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:46 - Apr 24 with 2232 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:03 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/24/election-result-voting-refo

That would probably the ideal scenario to come out of this election but I think it's more likely that a fairly impotent Labour government will plod along for the next 5 years, tinkering around the edges but not really able to change anything that the Tories have done for the past 5 years.

And then in 2020 it'll be the Tories go again and on and on the cycle will go.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:21 - Apr 24 with 2206 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:40 - Apr 23 by Witneyjack

Yet she won't be a Westminster MP come May 7th so as such is irrelevant.

Neither Ms Wood or Nicola Sturgeon will be standing to be an mp both their parties field candidates in every seat in their respective countries, both have appeared in both national televised debates so as a party leader I would not say Ms Wood is irrelevant in this election.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:43 - Apr 24 with 2176 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:03 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't know a great deal about alternative voting, but I would hope any change to the system would involve a separate calculation in each country, other wise Wales, Scotland and NI could get shafted.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:17 - Apr 24 with 2137 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:33 - Apr 24 by WarwickHunt

Not sure which is more embarrassingly adolescent - your schoolboy politics or your puppy love for "the Welsh Audrey Hepburn."

Going off on a tangent Warwick, my MyJohnLewis card arrived in the post the other day. I did have a chuckle imagining you claiming your coffee whilst grabbing your copy of the Guardian/Observer on a sunny morning in Sheen

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 2089 viewsmonmouth

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:17 - Apr 24 by waynekerr55

Going off on a tangent Warwick, my MyJohnLewis card arrived in the post the other day. I did have a chuckle imagining you claiming your coffee whilst grabbing your copy of the Guardian/Observer on a sunny morning in Sheen

Phew. I thought you were going to say that you spontaneously ejaculated on receiving a John Lewis card then.

That'd be a bit OTT, even in Hampstead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:46 - Apr 24 with 2067 viewslondonlisa2001

The longer this goes on, the more I feel that there are two possibilities for PM on May 7th and yet only one possibility for a government. Why? Well I cannot for the life of me see how a government formed of Labour and SNP will get anything at all done. They are so fundamentally different in their inherent beliefs, that unless one is prepared to give up one of its basic manifesto pledges in order to get power at any cost, they have no starting point (other than a dislike of the Tories).

They may, as has been mentioned, tinker a tiny bit round the edges (mansion tax etc) but that's about it. One believes in trying to balance the books at least a bit and one doesn't. It's really as simple as that. It actually, as bizarre at it seems, makes more sense for a Conservative / Labour coalition around trying to get the deficit down (with compromise on both sides around exactly what cuts can be made and where) than it does to see the Labour / SNP try to force themselves into some sort of utterly unsustainable pact.

I guess in many ways, the article is alluding to that.

On a wider point, I was talking yesterday to a political strategist / public affairs guy (who I met at a completely unrelated work event and who was party neutral, albeit from what he was saying, was definitely left leaning) who said that they are starting to believe that the polling may be giving the wrong projections and that there is some thought that the Lib Dems will retain more seats than projected, UKIP will get a couple more (albeit not many) and the Tories will get a stronger vote than currently projected as well.

Interesting indeed.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 18:15]
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:43 - Apr 24 with 2042 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:01 - Apr 24 by monmouth

Phew. I thought you were going to say that you spontaneously ejaculated on receiving a John Lewis card then.

That'd be a bit OTT, even in Hampstead.

I think I'll pass on the cream in the free coffee, thanks.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:05 - Apr 24 with 2032 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:43 - Apr 24 by WarwickHunt

I think I'll pass on the cream in the free coffee, thanks.

who are you going to pass it on to Phil?

:-)
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:37 - Apr 24 with 2014 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:33 - Apr 24 by WarwickHunt

I've never experienced adolescence.. What's it like?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:39 - Apr 24 with 2011 viewsperchrockjack

Audrey folking Hepburn?

Me ma s favourite

I liked Gregory peck.

have to say I feel embarrassed when she opens her mouth.

Like a Welsh Derek hatton

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:56 - Apr 24 with 1997 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:39 - Apr 24 by perchrockjack

Audrey folking Hepburn?

Me ma s favourite

I liked Gregory peck.

have to say I feel embarrassed when she opens her mouth.

Like a Welsh Derek hatton

CLEARLY.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 1995 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:05 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

who are you going to pass it on to Phil?

:-)

You just shattered my illusion of you as a refined lady, Lis. ;-)
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:02 - Apr 24 with 1990 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:58 - Apr 24 by WarwickHunt

You just shattered my illusion of you as a refined lady, Lis. ;-)

ha ha - illusions are often just that ;-)

After all, you can take the girl out of Swansea...
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 1971 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:02 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

ha ha - illusions are often just that ;-)

After all, you can take the girl out of Swansea...

You can take the girl out of Swansea.. But you can't take that c*ck out of your gob.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:03 - Apr 24 with 1936 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:17 - Apr 24 by skippyjack

You can take the girl out of Swansea.. But you can't take that c*ck out of your gob.

How did that job application to the finishing school go?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:38 - Apr 24 with 1927 viewsperchrockjack

It's not fair really in all honesty to compare Audrey Hepburn, a natural beauty, with Leanne, who so more a young Joan Crawford but without the heavy mascara.

What ya think humpy.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:39 - Apr 24 with 1927 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:56 - Apr 24 by WarwickHunt

CLEARLY.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:46 - Apr 24 with 1922 viewsperchrockjack

I liked moon river but Hepburn mimed. Who sang it Phil in the film or maybe humpy might have pearls of wisdom or maybe a necklace

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:32 - Apr 25 with 1867 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:46 - Apr 24 by perchrockjack

I liked moon river but Hepburn mimed. Who sang it Phil in the film or maybe humpy might have pearls of wisdom or maybe a necklace

Nope, the divine Audrey actually sang it in the film.

Lyrics by the great Johnny ("I could eat alphabet soup and shit better lyrics") Mercer.
Jerry Butler had a hit a with it before Andy Williams.

As you were.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 7:33]
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 1845 viewsperchrockjack

Freudian slip,Phillip.

Did the trick

Joan Crawford did

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 1829 viewstrampie

Has the Plaid surge begun ?

There is a site on the net that gives predictions for every seat on the mainland in the UK, it currently has amazingly good predicted results for Plaid, who knows if these university professor types have it right according to the current scores on the doors, Plaid could be looking at one of its best ever General Election results as a minimum if their current predictions prove to be anywhere near correct, I say as a minimum because in that eventuality that would only be half the story as the trend might suggest that Plaid might be a major player in Wales in the short term and a big threat to the old Westminster parties.

Has the Welsh Spring begun ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024