Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83101 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:23 - May 2 with 2757 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:35 - May 2 by lifelong

I am warming toward Leanne, I think she is doing very well.

The voice of wales see ...

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:25 - May 3 with 2670 viewslibertine

why is it that Ed wants to keep it quiet that the 2 school buddies went to school together,

I think the problem for English voters is they don't have a party like plaid to vote for a real left wing party not a joking one like purple Ed,

the greens are a good party to vote for morally

did anyone know that the tax on corporatation has been reduced over the past 5 years
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:24 - May 3 with 2655 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Plaid will be getting my X in the box .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:09 - May 3 with 2641 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:25 - May 3 by libertine

why is it that Ed wants to keep it quiet that the 2 school buddies went to school together,

I think the problem for English voters is they don't have a party like plaid to vote for a real left wing party not a joking one like purple Ed,

the greens are a good party to vote for morally

did anyone know that the tax on corporatation has been reduced over the past 5 years

"why is it that Ed wants to keep it quiet that the 2 school buddies went to school together, "

1. They weren't school buddies, Boris is about 5 or 6 years older.

2. As Lisa as already said, Boris Johnson going to a state infant school for a brief period (that just happens to be the same state infant school that Ed Milliband went to for a brief period) before moving on to an exclusive prep school in Belgium and then Eton doesn't mean that everyone who has ever attended that school is a privileged toff. It means that a privileged toff had to slum it in a state school for a little while.

3. Ed Miliband probably wants to keep it quiet because he knows that the "they're all the same" anti-politics morons will think that he is a toff that used to go fox-hunting with Boris Johnson.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:17 - May 3 with 2638 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:23 - May 2 by Kilkennyjack

The voice of wales see ...

They have just done a poll on that very subject - the voice of Wales and the lovely Leanne came out top by a country mile, they had Westminster leaders as well as Assembly leaders like Carwyn Jones in it and Ms Wood topped the poll by a landslide.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:33 - May 3 with 2621 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:17 - May 3 by trampie

They have just done a poll on that very subject - the voice of Wales and the lovely Leanne came out top by a country mile, they had Westminster leaders as well as Assembly leaders like Carwyn Jones in it and Ms Wood topped the poll by a landslide.

A leader who can promise free unicorns for every home safe in the knowledge that she'll never have to follow through and deliver any of her promises in good poll shocker!

I remember another leader like that about 5 years ago. On a totally unrelated topic how is Nick Clegg doing in the opinion polls at the moment?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:39 - May 3 with 2610 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:24 - May 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Plaid will be getting my X in the box .

Yes me too, a vote for Plaid is a vote for social justice policies and a vote for Wales and its people.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:58 - May 3 with 2579 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well anyway. Four polls out today. Two showing a one point Tory lead, one showing a three point Labour lead and one showing a tie. LibDems on 8% in all of them, UKIP hovering between 13% and 17%.

Two interesting reads:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/03/general-election-2015-what-happe

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/02/weeks-political-paralysis-vote-u

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:39 - May 3 with 2556 viewslibertine

I don't know how many of you have every really asked your councillors for help,

but I am telling the absolute truth here,

Swansea council labour do not want to help, what they do is show a little interest around election time after the election the interest goes aswell,

I have contacted plaid concerning exactly the same issues and they have helped and taken my case on.

Labour and the morons they have to work for them give a lot of Swansea work to Cardiff business, why ask yourselves value for money, when the service is the same.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:49 - May 3 with 2543 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:17 - May 3 by trampie

How strange then that she will receive such a small vote later in the week.

How do you explain this apparent anomaly?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:55 - May 3 with 2537 viewsperchrockjack

Why if leanne wasn't lovely.

How do the gogs see her as she s a valleys girl

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - May 3 with 2460 viewstrampie

Mumph the cartoonist is coming out with some classics on his twitter account.
Talking about supporting Wales in football and rugby, so put Wales first in politics by voting Plaid and a classic talking about love Wales, vote Plaid.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:11 - May 4 with 2379 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - May 3 by trampie

Talking about supporting Wales in football and rugby, so put Wales first in politics by voting Plaid and a classic talking about love Wales, vote Plaid.

trampie,

why do others refuse to take the labour blindfold of, it just a name, it not a real leftist party the policies are the same as the tories,

wales has been run by labour for an eternity so don't blame the tories, labour and it cronies really don't care its just rhetoric, naughty boy owen was told to stop taking Wales for granted,

guys we've got a real chance to change the mess we are in, I don't think there is anyone on this forum with enough economic knowledge to know which route is correct about the economy the tories and labour want more cuts snp plaid greens do not, it suits the tory and labour elite who all go to the same club to help their friends get rich.

why of why are we believing the metaphoric relationship of balancing the books with running a country, they are not the same. The big difference being the happiness of the people.

Do not believe the hype, you are being conned. You are all repeating the rhetorical crap fed to you by the lib/lab/con governments.

has anyone seen animal farm, (not that one you dirty bleeders) the George orwell one, watch it. Even better read or watch 1984 same thread running through the 2 stories.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:42 - May 4 with 2360 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:11 - May 4 by libertine

trampie,

why do others refuse to take the labour blindfold of, it just a name, it not a real leftist party the policies are the same as the tories,

wales has been run by labour for an eternity so don't blame the tories, labour and it cronies really don't care its just rhetoric, naughty boy owen was told to stop taking Wales for granted,

guys we've got a real chance to change the mess we are in, I don't think there is anyone on this forum with enough economic knowledge to know which route is correct about the economy the tories and labour want more cuts snp plaid greens do not, it suits the tory and labour elite who all go to the same club to help their friends get rich.

why of why are we believing the metaphoric relationship of balancing the books with running a country, they are not the same. The big difference being the happiness of the people.

Do not believe the hype, you are being conned. You are all repeating the rhetorical crap fed to you by the lib/lab/con governments.

has anyone seen animal farm, (not that one you dirty bleeders) the George orwell one, watch it. Even better read or watch 1984 same thread running through the 2 stories.

Don't believe the rhetoric of the SNP either, they may say that they are anti-austerity but according to the IFS austerity under the SNP will be a lot longer and deeper than any of the other parties.

"The SNP’s fiscal numbers imply the same reduction in borrowing over the
next parliament as for Labour, although the reduction in borrowing under
their plans would be slower. They would cut less to start with but the
implication of the plans they have spelt out in their manifesto is that the
period of austerity would be longer than under the other three parties we
consider. Their tax takeaways appear to be offset by their tax giveaways,
while they would increase the generosity of the social security system. As a
result, while the SNP would increase total spending in real terms each year,
departmental spending would be broadly frozen between 2014---15 and
2019---20, and departmental spending outside of the NHS and aid could be
facing a cut of 4.3%. The SNP’s stated plans do not necessarily match their
anti-austerity rhetoric."

http://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/publications/bns/BN170.pdf

Whereas

"It looks as if Labour might need only relatively small cuts to departments
other than aid, NHS and education spending --- on top of the cuts already in
place for 2015---16 --- to bring about a balance on the current budget by
2018---19. But we can only say ‘looks as if’, because Labour’s pledge to ‘get a
surplus on the current budget’ is vague. Given the coalition government’s
investment plans, it would be consistent with any reduction in borrowing
totalling 3.6% of national income or more. If a Labour government were to
increase investment spending, their pledge would also be consistent with a
smaller reduction in borrowing than that."

http://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/publications/bns/BN170.pdf

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:05 - May 4 with 2345 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - May 3 by trampie

Are you twelve?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:15 - May 4 with 2335 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:05 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

Are you twelve?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:23 - May 4 with 2270 viewslibertine

My youngest daughter said to me today

why don't we live in a happy country like Denmark?

she had been watching something on youtube about hygge

http://www.visitdenmark.com/danish-meaning-hygge

why not??
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:39 - May 4 with 2221 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood tells Ed Miliband and Labour that her party would not prop up a Labour Government intent on pursuing Tory policies, Labour seem to be accusing Leanne [Britain's most left wing leader observers say] of supporting the Conservatives.

The lovely Leanne supports the poor and if Labours policies do not support the poor she will not support them, its that simple.

I would really really like it if Leanne brought down a Labour Government for being Red Tories it would make my day if that happened, probably make my week actually.

If Labour looks to help the rich and not the poor then Nicola and Leanne will no doubt punish them.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:08 - May 4 with 2193 viewsBanosswan

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:23 - May 4 by libertine

My youngest daughter said to me today

why don't we live in a happy country like Denmark?

she had been watching something on youtube about hygge

why not??

Happy Denmark? We're lumbered with their pm's husband in aberavon which doesn't make me happy.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:25 - May 5 with 2114 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:39 - May 4 by trampie

Leanne Wood tells Ed Miliband and Labour that her party would not prop up a Labour Government intent on pursuing Tory policies, Labour seem to be accusing Leanne [Britain's most left wing leader observers say] of supporting the Conservatives.

The lovely Leanne supports the poor and if Labours policies do not support the poor she will not support them, its that simple.

I would really really like it if Leanne brought down a Labour Government for being Red Tories it would make my day if that happened, probably make my week actually.

If Labour looks to help the rich and not the poor then Nicola and Leanne will no doubt punish them.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:38 - May 5 with 2068 viewsperchrockjack

And urban does of course,in Wales, mean little real support for either Welsh or Nationalism. Its also a case of foreigners, moving to Waales to work in our former massive industrial success stories, in iron ,steel and coal ;times when Wales was pretty vibrant.

Hard to take its true but we re pretty much fooked without the rest of the UK

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:40 - May 5 with 2066 viewsperchrockjack

everyone speaks English in Danmark

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:01 - May 5 with 2025 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:40 - May 5 by perchrockjack

everyone speaks English in Danmark

there you go Mr Perch :)

dropping yourself in it there is no translation into English for the word

check it out

the Norwegians have
http://afroginthefjord.com/2014/02/02/how-to-make-things-koselig/

also no translation

that is so bizarre not to have a feeling for hygge, it is sad on us as a pseudo American country.

Plaid/green will bring some Hygge into our lives.

don't believe the hype Mr Perch
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:25 - May 5 with 2011 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:25 - May 5 by waynekerr55

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😷

Trampie's priceless, isn't he?

Not sure how he'll cope with puberty though.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:13 - May 5 with 1990 viewsexiledclaseboy

I nicked this from someone semi famous on Twitter. Haven't bothered checking the figures but they ring true. We can check on Friday.

"First Past the Post: Ukip may get 13% & 2 MP. LDs 9% but 26 MPs. SNP 50 MPs with Lab & Cons in Scotland getting 45% of the vote and no MPs."

All this talk of legitimacy, the latest and seemingly final Tory tactic to keep power, is bollocks. Either main party will have been voted for by about 35% of the electorate. Neither a Labour minority/coalition will be legitimate, nor a Tory one. Even if either manages a majority it still won't be legitimate. Nothing will be legitimate until we get a proportional voting system. And that will make majority government far less likely. Britain needs to grow the f*ck up and its politicians should stop bleating about legitimacy while perpetuating a system that is an affront to democracy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024