Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83086 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:27 - May 7 with 1942 viewsUxbridge

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:20 - May 7 by Cottsy

What did I say earlier in this thread?

Vote SNP in Scotland
Vote Green in England
Vote Plaid in Wales
And get a Conservative government in Westminster

If the exit poll is anywhere near accurate then I was right.

No. You would have been right if you'd said that Labour have totally ballsed up their election campaign.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:48 - May 7 with 1907 viewsSgorioFruit

Come on UKIP

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:00 - May 7 with 1883 viewsbonymine

Let's be honest - I wouldn't trust Ed Miliband to run a bath let alone run this country......

Better the devil we know I say,,,,,,,,,,,,, a good old Aston Villa (sorry West Ham) fan !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:06 - May 7 with 1875 viewsyescomeon

And we should trust Cameron, and Osborne, he has a history degree why the hell should he be in charge of the economy. A PhD should be a minimum requirement.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:19 - May 7 with 1862 viewsbonymine

Yes based on the past 5 years .....

What would your 'DREAM TEAM' be ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:25 - May 7 with 1850 viewsyescomeon

A dream team is ambitious.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:44 - May 7 with 1836 viewsjackonicko

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:11 - May 7 by yescomeon

Disaster of an exit poll, genuinely worried for the future of the UK.

It's not premature that I popped champagne when the exit poll came out.

Us Tories drink champagne every night.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:45 - May 7 with 1832 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:44 - May 7 by jackonicko

It's not premature that I popped champagne when the exit poll came out.

Us Tories drink champagne every night.

Smug Tory incoming

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:46 - May 7 with 1829 viewsyescomeon

On my second Stella, popular with the proles see.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:52 - May 7 with 1821 viewsjackonicko

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:45 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

Smug Tory incoming

Not for a few hours yet. Need to finish the caviar first.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:55 - May 7 with 1815 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:52 - May 7 by jackonicko

Not for a few hours yet. Need to finish the caviar first.

They don't have that in the food bank I shop in.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:15 - May 8 with 1684 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:55 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

They don't have that in the food bank I shop in.

Arf!! You've not done too badly for yourself, Clase.

I do enjoy the sight of a lefty donning faux sackcloth.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:00 - May 8 with 1647 viewsperchrockjack

I sees smugness in many politicians of all parties.

West Wirral lost by 417 votes because of the beautiful Esther McVey being smug enough to believe she could hold on to a decent majority. The lady was ubiquitous throughout the campaign while Esther was at the hairdressers.

Chester goes to Labour by 93 votes. This is Chester ffs and Southport stay LD. clearly Some areas will never on principle vote conservative on any account.

Anyway, Yvetter Cooper as Labour leader will be fun

Finally, I detest Ed Balls but his losers speech was very dignified and gracious

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:17 - May 8 with 1636 viewsSgorioFruit

Fixed

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:40 - May 8 with 1615 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:11 - May 7 by yescomeon

Has anyone come across any articles that argue the opposite side - that austerity actually works - that provides data and the such? I'd like to see something from the other side. I realise that economists are split but I get the impression that the majority take the view that it doesn't.

Yes. It's called the Conservative Manifesto.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:46 - May 8 with 1612 viewsbuilthjack

Where's the rope

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:52 - May 8 with 1607 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:00 - May 8 by perchrockjack

I sees smugness in many politicians of all parties.

West Wirral lost by 417 votes because of the beautiful Esther McVey being smug enough to believe she could hold on to a decent majority. The lady was ubiquitous throughout the campaign while Esther was at the hairdressers.

Chester goes to Labour by 93 votes. This is Chester ffs and Southport stay LD. clearly Some areas will never on principle vote conservative on any account.

Anyway, Yvetter Cooper as Labour leader will be fun

Finally, I detest Ed Balls but his losers speech was very dignified and gracious

As soon as the result was in that Ed Balls had lost two of the commentators on TV said that in years to come people would come to see the real Ed Balls. A very personable, interesting and likeable bloke. The woman (can't remember her name) said that everyone in Westminster, even people who hated him, all agreed what a brilliant economist he is.

Strange isn't it that the rabid Tory press for years have continually pilloried him for his lack of financial nous.

I just wonder of the two, commentators and Tory supporting press, who had something to gain by telling lies.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:58 - May 8 with 1592 viewsSgorioFruit

Can anyone tell me why its taken 12 hours plus for these remaining constituencies to count their pieces of paper?

Strange

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:09 - May 8 with 1578 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:40 - May 8 by johnlangy

Yes. It's called the Conservative Manifesto.

Hardly a reliable source though is it. It will be extremely Tory biased. Where is the data to back up the pro-Austerity stance.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:16 - May 8 with 1574 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:09 - May 8 by yescomeon

Hardly a reliable source though is it. It will be extremely Tory biased. Where is the data to back up the pro-Austerity stance.

Look at what's happened to sterling, the stock market, and, importantly, the UK's gilt yields this morning.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:22 - May 8 with 1552 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:16 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

Look at what's happened to sterling, the stock market, and, importantly, the UK's gilt yields this morning.

That is just the stability of having a majority government, same would have happened were it majority Labour. We'll see how all those fare when we have this f*cking EU referendum.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:28 - May 8 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:22 - May 8 by yescomeon

That is just the stability of having a majority government, same would have happened were it majority Labour. We'll see how all those fare when we have this f*cking EU referendum.

A majority Labour government would have also followed an agenda of cutting the deficit (or 'austerity' if you prefer).

It wouldn't have been as dramatic though.

And you asked for the proof of an austerity agenda working - that's the proof - what we pay on borrowing compared to other countries with a different agenda.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:38 - May 8 with 1540 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:28 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

A majority Labour government would have also followed an agenda of cutting the deficit (or 'austerity' if you prefer).

It wouldn't have been as dramatic though.

And you asked for the proof of an austerity agenda working - that's the proof - what we pay on borrowing compared to other countries with a different agenda.

I wouldn't prefer Labour I would rather a genuine choice. Labour should have run an anti austerity campaign, I may have voted for them. The national debt has gotten out of control under the Tories and they've been voted back in. We have a historian advised by a crack head running the economy whilst an actual economist lost his seat. This country is on its way down and once the PhD is done, I'll be off to Ireland or an independent Scotland.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:44 - May 8 with 1538 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:38 - May 8 by yescomeon

I wouldn't prefer Labour I would rather a genuine choice. Labour should have run an anti austerity campaign, I may have voted for them. The national debt has gotten out of control under the Tories and they've been voted back in. We have a historian advised by a crack head running the economy whilst an actual economist lost his seat. This country is on its way down and once the PhD is done, I'll be off to Ireland or an independent Scotland.

By anti austerity campaign, you mean a deliberate policy to spend money that the country doesn't have?

The actual economist you refer to, of course, also didn't believe in an anti austerity agenda.

Anyway, I wish you well in whatever you decide is best for you, and I mean that quite genuinely.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:47 - May 8 with 1526 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:44 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

By anti austerity campaign, you mean a deliberate policy to spend money that the country doesn't have?

The actual economist you refer to, of course, also didn't believe in an anti austerity agenda.

Anyway, I wish you well in whatever you decide is best for you, and I mean that quite genuinely.

Thanks, although our opinions differ I genuinely respect yours. Hopefully I'm overreacting, and my lack of an economics background is leading me to draw the wrong conclusions.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024