Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83293 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:03 - Apr 9 with 2524 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:57 - Apr 9 by Jackfath

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_wales.html#SwanseaEast

Have a look at this site. Seems pointless voting for anyone. Labour have got it sewn up around this manor. Why people keep on voting for them I have no idea. It's mental.

Cos they is the party of da people Fathy.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:05 - Apr 9 with 2519 viewsJackfath

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:03 - Apr 9 by waynekerr55

Cos they is the party of da people Fathy.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

I just don't see what they offer. I don't see what any of them offer. They're all self serving gob shites.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:38 - Apr 9 with 2491 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:05 - Apr 9 by Jackfath

I just don't see what they offer. I don't see what any of them offer. They're all self serving gob shites.

What a bunch of thicko sheep the Swansea East voters are.

So so depressing.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:41 - Apr 9 with 2489 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:57 - Apr 9 by Jackfath

Have a look at this site. Seems pointless voting for anyone. Labour have got it sewn up around this manor. Why people keep on voting for them I have no idea. It's mental.

It's all political.. You scratch my back.. I'll scratch yours.. £££ that sign is frequently in their political heads..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:52 - Apr 9 with 2428 viewsLohengrin

If I was part of Plaid's election strategy team I'd make sure the every election broadcast, every poster and every handbill between now and polling day consisted of Dianne Abbott soundbites with the recurring rejoinder "This is Labour, is this you?"

Trouble is Leanne Wood and her coterie would answer YES! FFS!!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 23:54]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:04 - Apr 10 with 2418 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:52 - Apr 9 by Lohengrin

If I was part of Plaid's election strategy team I'd make sure the every election broadcast, every poster and every handbill between now and polling day consisted of Dianne Abbott soundbites with the recurring rejoinder "This is Labour, is this you?"

Trouble is Leanne Wood and her coterie would answer YES! FFS!!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 23:54]

Would that include her "posh white boys" rant?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:17 - Apr 10 with 2405 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:04 - Apr 10 by waynekerr55

Would that include her "posh white boys" rant?

I don't see why not, it's something of a mantra for the left. Anybody who doesn't communicate by grunt is the enemy in their bloodshot eyes.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:12 - Apr 10 with 2380 viewsskippyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:17 - Apr 10 by Lohengrin

I don't see why not, it's something of a mantra for the left. Anybody who doesn't communicate by grunt is the enemy in their bloodshot eyes.

I do both.. So are they hypocritical?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 10 with 2375 viewsepaul

Get the Tory scum out! 500,00 children went hungry in 2014

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:34 - Apr 10 with 2373 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 10 by epaul

Who do we replace them with though Paul?

And I'm not trying to be flippant.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:37 - Apr 10 with 2371 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:34 - Apr 10 by Starsky

Who do we replace them with though Paul?

And I'm not trying to be flippant.

Indeed a good question Starsk, tbh I aint got the answer, although my deep hatred of the |torys give me anything but, I'd like some coilition of left parties how that'll work i dont know, or if it would ever happen. The Tories are only interested in serving the banks and the rich and hammering the poor and vunerable, to me thats wrong

Oh and I do not want at red tory majority either!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:57 - Apr 10 with 2365 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:37 - Apr 10 by epaul

Indeed a good question Starsk, tbh I aint got the answer, although my deep hatred of the |torys give me anything but, I'd like some coilition of left parties how that'll work i dont know, or if it would ever happen. The Tories are only interested in serving the banks and the rich and hammering the poor and vunerable, to me thats wrong

Oh and I do not want at red tory majority either!

Paul I'm being serious here. All the UKIP remarks I've been coming out with is just me and my frustration hitting out at not having enough choice.

I'm a not that knowledgeable about politics, so that makes me a potential floating voter.
I hear what the Tories say in their election speeches and I hear Labour counteract that and vice versa. Who is right? Can the really come through with their pledges? No, they generally don't.

I live in Swansea East and we know that Sian James will romp home anyway. So my vote won't change anything. I want my vote to be counted for the party I vote for nationally.

I long for proportional representation. It surely would make apathetic citizens like me turn out in greater numbers to vote? Or are all parties afraid of that?

Why doesn't this come up as a really important discussion point?

Democracy my arse.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:05 - Apr 10 with 2354 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:46 - Apr 9 by Lohengrin

Don't you mean culpable?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 16:46]

Baby P.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:36 - Apr 10 with 2326 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:57 - Apr 10 by Starsky

Paul I'm being serious here. All the UKIP remarks I've been coming out with is just me and my frustration hitting out at not having enough choice.

I'm a not that knowledgeable about politics, so that makes me a potential floating voter.
I hear what the Tories say in their election speeches and I hear Labour counteract that and vice versa. Who is right? Can the really come through with their pledges? No, they generally don't.

I live in Swansea East and we know that Sian James will romp home anyway. So my vote won't change anything. I want my vote to be counted for the party I vote for nationally.

I long for proportional representation. It surely would make apathetic citizens like me turn out in greater numbers to vote? Or are all parties afraid of that?

Democracy my arse.

Yeah I understand your Ush*t remarks, for me an utterly odious party and an utter scumbag racist leading them, with them around it seems that casual racism is allowed. Not only that he is not a man of the people he is a failed business man more tory than the tories and people listen and believe the cr*p he comes out with, he'd hammer ordinary working folk with his attack on working rights etc, are people so stupid they cant see through him and his sc*m racist party

I always voted labour tbh, but in recent elections have become so disillusioned by them its sad what they have become and we can blame that war mongering murderer and Th*****r lover for that

No one is ever going to be happy, whatever the out come on 7/5

I do think the Tories are showing desperation given the attack on Ed Milliband yesterday and the car crash intervirew with that fat c*nt pickles this morning on R4.

Your right about the important discussion point

I guess its all going to be an interesting outcome in the end

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:52 - Apr 10 with 2291 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:57 - Apr 10 by Starsky

Democracy my arse.

Just a heads up Stark, Sian James is standing down. Swansea East's next MP will be a woman called Carolyn Harris. She's a nice lady but I'm not sure what calibre of MP she will make if I'm being truthful.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:49 - Apr 10 with 2231 viewsperchrockjack

"HUNGRY" is an interesting word and sorry But Im not having it.

In my lifetime over the past 15 years, in different jobs but all dealing weityh public direct, Ive not seen any kid "hungry". Ive seen and heard plenty stamping their feet over a trip to mcdonalds or why cant we have pizza.

Its often the case (young) single mothers have no idea as to hoe to cook a substantial ,nourishing basic meal mainlyu because their own feckless parents didn't spend any time with her or the school she went to didn't do domestic science or whaverthefeck they call it now. Hard to swallow and I know epaul will be tamping but "hungry" is not the word. Our parents generation went hungry and remained on basic SMALL rations after the war which would make many of the kids today recoil with horror.

Ive been in Aldi and seen these kind of families normally bent over i the frozen rerady meals section with all the sugar salt and shite that goes into that garbage but it taste good and it shuts them up. In store at this time you can find ,in the depths of winter, root vegetables that are 59p per packer which if utilise correctly would make a meal (with a cheap cut of meat) and soup which would provide plenty of goodness, but goodness is not what they want is it .

I wont mention the expensive phones they often have nor the library of cds and the 52 " fookn telly.

We have those in this country ,like footballers, who are grotesquely wealthy, we have a grabbing old school monarchy, we have plenty of inequality but suppose life isn't fair and never will be. Majority in this country aren't affected by whatever fook government is in power, sorry,;most are too concerned with providing for their families and providing a future without relying on the State to bail out. LAUGHINGLY, this group of people, like many on here, are refered to as "middle class" -seemingly a form of abuse these days.

We need people to be more self reliant ,we need more to start businesses , we need to encourage kids to learn and not get pregnant to get a house on a sink estate, we need to stop this appalling "working class" ,"ordinary people" "working people" bollocks spouted by inane ,disingenuous politicians of all parties.
Where s Lord Sutch when you need him.

Im off so any abusive m,essages, leave by PM

fIN

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:14 - Apr 10 with 2218 viewstrampie

Oops, forgot about this sticky thread me bad, I started a thread when perhaps there was no need, me bad.

Mumph the cartoonist seems to have declared his support for Plaid Cymru, due to his job which includes doing thousands of political cartoons he apparently has remained impartial over the years but he has now come out of the closet so it seems with a cartoon of the lovely Leanne in full Welsh kit with an accompanying message.
I know the internet is a strange place and things are not always what they seem but apparently its for real, Mumph is out of the closet.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:38 - Apr 10 with 2154 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:49 - Apr 10 by perchrockjack

"HUNGRY" is an interesting word and sorry But Im not having it.

In my lifetime over the past 15 years, in different jobs but all dealing weityh public direct, Ive not seen any kid "hungry". Ive seen and heard plenty stamping their feet over a trip to mcdonalds or why cant we have pizza.

Its often the case (young) single mothers have no idea as to hoe to cook a substantial ,nourishing basic meal mainlyu because their own feckless parents didn't spend any time with her or the school she went to didn't do domestic science or whaverthefeck they call it now. Hard to swallow and I know epaul will be tamping but "hungry" is not the word. Our parents generation went hungry and remained on basic SMALL rations after the war which would make many of the kids today recoil with horror.

Ive been in Aldi and seen these kind of families normally bent over i the frozen rerady meals section with all the sugar salt and shite that goes into that garbage but it taste good and it shuts them up. In store at this time you can find ,in the depths of winter, root vegetables that are 59p per packer which if utilise correctly would make a meal (with a cheap cut of meat) and soup which would provide plenty of goodness, but goodness is not what they want is it .

I wont mention the expensive phones they often have nor the library of cds and the 52 " fookn telly.

We have those in this country ,like footballers, who are grotesquely wealthy, we have a grabbing old school monarchy, we have plenty of inequality but suppose life isn't fair and never will be. Majority in this country aren't affected by whatever fook government is in power, sorry,;most are too concerned with providing for their families and providing a future without relying on the State to bail out. LAUGHINGLY, this group of people, like many on here, are refered to as "middle class" -seemingly a form of abuse these days.

We need people to be more self reliant ,we need more to start businesses , we need to encourage kids to learn and not get pregnant to get a house on a sink estate, we need to stop this appalling "working class" ,"ordinary people" "working people" bollocks spouted by inane ,disingenuous politicians of all parties.
Where s Lord Sutch when you need him.

Im off so any abusive m,essages, leave by PM

fIN

A mixture of an entitlement and blame culture. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions these days and it's always someone else's fault

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 10 with 2135 viewsemyr

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 11:44 - Apr 8 by waynekerr55

Brilliant so England and Wales get shafted and Scotland comes out smelling of roses

So vote Plaid and make sure we dont get shafted

Milliaband need 326 votes to pass bills

We need 1.2 billion - the amount we are underfunded
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 2132 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 10 by emyr

No Plaid candidates in North Watford sir

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:45 - Apr 10 with 2119 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 10 by emyr

Hear hear, emyr.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 2109 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why should the Scottish and Welsh get more per person than the rest of the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:25 - Apr 10 with 2099 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:15 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

Why should the Scottish and Welsh get more per person than the rest of the UK.

Last I seen Northern Ireland gets more than Scotland and both of them get more than Wales, some English regions like London have had more than Wales in the past.

I think that some regions of a sovereign state should get more money than other regions of that state if some regions are poorer or have an older population [more health care needed] or is rural [adding to costs of services].

Its what I would expect of the European union or the British State or an independent sovereign Wales, wealth should be spread and poorer areas need greater investment to get them up to a similar standard as the rest of the sovereign state.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:58 - Apr 11 with 2039 viewsHighjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:32 - Apr 10 by epaul

I say good on them for tackling the issue of childhood obesity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:04 - Apr 11 with 2038 viewsHighjack

Because their fathers voted for them and their fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers fathers ad finitum.

Sort of highlights the problem with universal suffrage, it gives stupid people the vote when they don't actually know what their voting for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024