Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83097 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:42 - Apr 11 with 2395 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:04 - Apr 11 by Highjack

Because their fathers voted for them and their fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers fathers ad finitum.

Sort of highlights the problem with universal suffrage, it gives stupid people the vote when they don't actually know what their voting for.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:45 - Apr 11 with 2375 viewsWitneyjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:42 - Apr 11 by Lohengrin

This is my eldest daughter's first General Election in which she can vote. Yesterday, "Who should I vote for Dad?". I've sent her off to do some research and to make up her own mind based on her beliefs matched against the policies of the different parties.
Not that it matters around here, Cameron is nailed on to win his seat again.........
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:57 - Apr 11 with 2369 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:45 - Apr 11 by Witneyjack

This is my eldest daughter's first General Election in which she can vote. Yesterday, "Who should I vote for Dad?". I've sent her off to do some research and to make up her own mind based on her beliefs matched against the policies of the different parties.
Not that it matters around here, Cameron is nailed on to win his seat again.........

This is a good start point.

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:43 - Apr 11 with 2332 viewsperchrockjack

It's why the filth that is labour keep trotting out this working class ordinary famikybshyte

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:56 - Apr 11 with 2284 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:04 - Apr 11 by Highjack

Because their fathers voted for them and their fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers, and their fathers fathers fathers fathers ad finitum.

Sort of highlights the problem with universal suffrage, it gives stupid people the vote when they don't actually know what their voting for.

Bit like following a football team then.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:02 - Apr 11 with 2238 viewsorion3016

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:43 - Apr 11 by perchrockjack

It's why the filth that is labour keep trotting out this working class ordinary famikybshyte

They will bankrupt the country and put us into the 3rd world
Their fiscal policies backed by experience from the last time they were in power are prehistoric and the world is a vastly different & unfortunately for labour much more sophisticated than their one size fits all approach

I pity this country if we let miliband any where near no 10 but with crankie from the snp in tow they might just get in

Be over there now after

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:37 - Apr 11 with 2222 viewsskippyjack

Only because they're misinformed, misdirected and led a stray by the old boy on the factory floor gaining votes for his own end.. Vote Labour son.. They'll sort you out..

The only person who'll sort you out is yourself.. Thatcher created individualism for a purpose.. For our Country to progress.. But lately it's digressing and individualism is the root cause.. Our society is broken.. Our Country is braking..

Greed is the root of all our problems today.. Not values, respect.. It's a fight to the top (wherever the top is).. We live in a delusional, self corrupted, self obsessed country.. The modern media is unbelievable.. It's corrupting people.. The modern British model isn't working.. The political leaders in our Country are abysmal.. I could've won that f*cking debate.. The Labour and Cons visions are all about control, power, money.. The deficit will not be reduced significantly for a number of years.. We are effectively puppets and run by Brussels.. We are being dictated by Europe.. We're stuck in Europe.. We can't leave Europe.. We are Europe's vision.. Not Britains.. Hitler got what he wanted!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:07 - Apr 12 with 2138 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:45 - Apr 11 by Witneyjack

What? You mean that people in Oxfordshire vote Tory because their fathers did and their fathers' fathers did and their fathers' fathers' fathers did?

And to think some who like to disparage others would have us believe that such a thing is purely a trait of Labour voters.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:27 - Apr 12 with 2109 viewsHighjack

Of course its not just a trait of labour voters. Every party has them and nobody on this thread has said any differently.

It is a big issue in my area though undoubtedly that despite being labour controlled for 90 odd years, Neath is a ghost town on its last legs with nothing but charity and card shops to its name, you could have been playing a game of "Spot Peter Hain" for the last 25 years and still not won.Yet this new bird will still win by a massive margin because people are too ignorant to look beyond tribal politics. No doubt there are regions in the south east that are crying out for change too but they wont get it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 2103 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:27 - Apr 12 by Highjack

Of course its not just a trait of labour voters. Every party has them and nobody on this thread has said any differently.

It is a big issue in my area though undoubtedly that despite being labour controlled for 90 odd years, Neath is a ghost town on its last legs with nothing but charity and card shops to its name, you could have been playing a game of "Spot Peter Hain" for the last 25 years and still not won.Yet this new bird will still win by a massive margin because people are too ignorant to look beyond tribal politics. No doubt there are regions in the south east that are crying out for change too but they wont get it.

I don't disagree with you but many do disparage Labour voters only in that way and there's no point pretending they don't. The general wisdosm among those types is that those voting Labour are unthinking sheep whereas lifelong Tory voters are making an informed political choice. It's bollocks. I didn't say that you did it.

The Hain thing has always intrigued me. No one in Neath will admit to voting for him yet he always got more than 50% of the vote.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:39 - Apr 12 with 2100 viewsperchrockjack

Lets be hone Andrew. Anybody on here submitting anything not negative on the Tories will get pelters.

Cam ain't evil and I'm sure he aint ta getting the vulnerable although my age group and socio economic class will get hammered.

Labour will increase fuel duty immediately thus raising costs which will affect us all.

The stock market as the pounders done will tumble which will also affect us all.

Milland will be a disaster.

I really can't get further than the unctous u vetted cooper.

Labour to me utter filth, conservatives not looking after people referred to by politicians as working people.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:43 - Apr 12 with 2096 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:39 - Apr 12 by perchrockjack

Lets be hone Andrew. Anybody on here submitting anything not negative on the Tories will get pelters.

Cam ain't evil and I'm sure he aint ta getting the vulnerable although my age group and socio economic class will get hammered.

Labour will increase fuel duty immediately thus raising costs which will affect us all.

The stock market as the pounders done will tumble which will also affect us all.

Milland will be a disaster.

I really can't get further than the unctous u vetted cooper.

Labour to me utter filth, conservatives not looking after people referred to by politicians as working people.

I didn't say Cameron was evil. In political history he will go down as pretty much a nonentity. I disagree with you though, his government has made a specific point of targeting the vulnerable.

Why do you think that Labour will increase fuel duty immediately? Have they said so? The froze it on a few occasions the last time they were in government.

Again, the stock market and the pound both survived the last Labour government, which lasted 13 years and saw us all through a period of major economic boom. Why would they collapse now? These are all just tabloid scaremongering cliches.

But before you shout at me I respect your opinion and your right to hold and express it. Other opinions than mine are available and valid. I reserve the right to disagree and say so.

Phew. I think I got away with that one.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 2094 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:43 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't say Cameron was evil. In political history he will go down as pretty much a nonentity. I disagree with you though, his government has made a specific point of targeting the vulnerable.

Why do you think that Labour will increase fuel duty immediately? Have they said so? The froze it on a few occasions the last time they were in government.

Again, the stock market and the pound both survived the last Labour government, which lasted 13 years and saw us all through a period of major economic boom. Why would they collapse now? These are all just tabloid scaremongering cliches.

But before you shout at me I respect your opinion and your right to hold and express it. Other opinions than mine are available and valid. I reserve the right to disagree and say so.

You could have told him to turn his predictive text thingy off too.

Because it won't let him type Evette.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:01 - Apr 12 with 2076 viewsGreatBritton

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:43 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly right ECB. Cameron is a slimy, privileged oik, but overall history will forget him. Milliband is hardly any different, unfortunately.

The pisters (sic) who dismiss Labour as evil scum are way out of line. Labour are at present devoid of any useful social policies but they are not quite as self-serving as the Tories. FACT. I am sad to say it, but I do not think I can vote Labour this time because they do not represent my egalitarian, socially aware principles. Plaid come closest but they are so narrow minded I fear I will have to spoil my ballot paper as they only conscionable action.

Sad times.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 2059 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:01 - Apr 12 by GreatBritton

Exactly right ECB. Cameron is a slimy, privileged oik, but overall history will forget him. Milliband is hardly any different, unfortunately.

The pisters (sic) who dismiss Labour as evil scum are way out of line. Labour are at present devoid of any useful social policies but they are not quite as self-serving as the Tories. FACT. I am sad to say it, but I do not think I can vote Labour this time because they do not represent my egalitarian, socially aware principles. Plaid come closest but they are so narrow minded I fear I will have to spoil my ballot paper as they only conscionable action.

Sad times.

I agree with this post, well said.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 2040 viewsskippyjack

The Conservative government have not targeted the vulnerable.. I am one of the vulnerable people.. Labour have targeted the apparent vulnerable in society to beat the conservatives with.. Then they'll spout to the 'lower' end.. The conservatives have created your problems! We will revitalise your life if you vote Labour!.. Then you'll have the mole factory workers spouting labour.. The fact is.. The conservatives don't give two f*cks about 'labours' issue.. And neither do Labour.. After the election and Labour are in charge.. They'll probably put me on the bins and spout how they've saved the working man!.. They both want power for their own ends.. And I'm sick of this constant political bollocks.. We all know Europe is in control.. We all know the Eurozone collapsed.. Take away the inhuman laws in UKIP policies and I would've backed them.. The only people who are targeting me.. Are high end Labour tw*ts..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:13 - Apr 12 with 2025 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:48 - Apr 12 by skippyjack

The Conservative government have not targeted the vulnerable.. I am one of the vulnerable people.. Labour have targeted the apparent vulnerable in society to beat the conservatives with.. Then they'll spout to the 'lower' end.. The conservatives have created your problems! We will revitalise your life if you vote Labour!.. Then you'll have the mole factory workers spouting labour.. The fact is.. The conservatives don't give two f*cks about 'labours' issue.. And neither do Labour.. After the election and Labour are in charge.. They'll probably put me on the bins and spout how they've saved the working man!.. They both want power for their own ends.. And I'm sick of this constant political bollocks.. We all know Europe is in control.. We all know the Eurozone collapsed.. Take away the inhuman laws in UKIP policies and I would've backed them.. The only people who are targeting me.. Are high end Labour tw*ts..

I completely disagree with most of that. Apart from all parties wanting power for their own ends. Way to state the bleedin' obvious.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:14 - Apr 12 with 2021 viewsemyr

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:15 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

Why should the Scottish and Welsh get more per person than the rest of the UK.

Ah - but we dont - public spending per head is far more in London - far far higher than Wales.
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:23 - Apr 12 with 2007 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:14 - Apr 12 by emyr

Ah - but we dont - public spending per head is far more in London - far far higher than Wales.

No it isn't it's lower. £9924 in Wales, £9866 in London. UK average is £8936. Scotland and NI are both well over £10k though so f*ck knows what they keep moaning about.

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn04033.pdf

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:27 - Apr 12 with 2002 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks Clasie.

I didnt suggest you personally had called Cam evil.

It is my belief and fear LABOUR will go back to do what they always used to do and whack up taxes, like fuel duty. Hope Im wrong..

I believe the world at large wont fancy Millband, God know CAM is a faceless cretin but Milliban is ,well as a faceless cretin, but a more disingenuous man Id suggest you d find hard to find, apart from Ed Balls, who God help me , could be the next Chancellor.

We ve been thinking ,me and wifey , about feckn off to live but shied away from it, but I feel this really could be it .

Im fearful, butthat's just me and looking at some of the leftie vitriol on here, its NOT HARD

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:34 - Apr 12 with 1989 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:02 - Apr 11 by orion3016

They will bankrupt the country and put us into the 3rd world
Their fiscal policies backed by experience from the last time they were in power are prehistoric and the world is a vastly different & unfortunately for labour much more sophisticated than their one size fits all approach

I pity this country if we let miliband any where near no 10 but with crankie from the snp in tow they might just get in

Milliband and Balls (great name) policy of spend spend and spend some more will be a repitition of last time. It s a quick fix just to get into office.

The problem is it leaves future generations to pay for it with austerity measures and cuts...a bit like buy now pay later...

not good.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 14:37]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 1975 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:27 - Apr 12 by perchrockjack

Thanks Clasie.

I didnt suggest you personally had called Cam evil.

It is my belief and fear LABOUR will go back to do what they always used to do and whack up taxes, like fuel duty. Hope Im wrong..

I believe the world at large wont fancy Millband, God know CAM is a faceless cretin but Milliban is ,well as a faceless cretin, but a more disingenuous man Id suggest you d find hard to find, apart from Ed Balls, who God help me , could be the next Chancellor.

We ve been thinking ,me and wifey , about feckn off to live but shied away from it, but I feel this really could be it .

Im fearful, butthat's just me and looking at some of the leftie vitriol on here, its NOT HARD

One of the first things Cameron's government did was to whack VAT up to 20%. Now there's an insidious tax that hits those who can least afford it the hardest.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:05 - Apr 12 with 1944 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:01 - Apr 12 by GreatBritton

Sad times.

Plaid are open minded mun, all inclusive, pro Europe, pro the World community, pro social justice, pro business and of course pro Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:19 - Apr 12 with 1940 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:50 - Apr 12 by Starsky

I agree with this post, well said.

Its time for a change, austerity measures are hitting the poor and the poorest areas hardest, Wales is being hit hard, only Plaid will look to halt austerity measures in Wales by getting those that can afford to contribute more to pay their fair share, the rich have got richer when the rest of society have got poorer.
Its time to stop rich tax dodgers, companies and individuals, benefit fraud is a drop in the ocean compared to tax avoidance by well off companies and individuals, yet that is all Labour and the Conservatives go off about is benefit fraud often committed by the less well off, a symptom of both Labour and the Conservatives looking after the bankers and the rich (yes i did say bankers, LOL)
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 16:22]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:32 - Apr 12 with 1930 viewsorion3016

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:34 - Apr 12 by Lord_Bony

Milliband and Balls (great name) policy of spend spend and spend some more will be a repitition of last time. It s a quick fix just to get into office.

The problem is it leaves future generations to pay for it with austerity measures and cuts...a bit like buy now pay later...

not good.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 14:37]

Spot on

The only people who'll benefit are the ones who won't be here in 5 years time

Be over there now after

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024