Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83108 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:41 - Apr 12 with 1737 viewstrampie

Some on the bloggestsphere are noting/asking are Labour running scared of Leanne ?, evidence provided suggests yes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:45 - Apr 12 with 1726 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:41 - Apr 12 by trampie

Some on the bloggestsphere are noting/asking are Labour running scared of Leanne ?, evidence provided suggests yes.

I love how in your mind Plaid are just one step away from a major breakthrough in Wales when in reality they'll do well to hold on to the three seats they've got. No one is running scared of Leanne Wood.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:01 - Apr 12 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:23 - Apr 12 by trampie

Just heard the lovely Leanne has just auctioned her shoes, heard they raised 250 quid as well.

The stout proletarian clogs or the ones her and her mates used to dance around their handbags in at The Clydach Vale Workies on a Friday?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:08 - Apr 12 with 1701 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:45 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

I love how in your mind Plaid are just one step away from a major breakthrough in Wales when in reality they'll do well to hold on to the three seats they've got. No one is running scared of Leanne Wood.

All jokes aside what do you think would constitute a major breakthrough for Plaid? Upping their seat count by, let's say, three or causing a huge upset by taking Swansea East or Neath?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:15 - Apr 12 with 1687 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:45 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

Just wait till you see Welsh Labours manifesto, they spend all their time down the bae voting against more powers for Wales, then Ms Wood starts to get some publicity and all of a sudden Welsh Labour are changing their tune.
Observers think its the Leanne factor.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:16 - Apr 12 with 1681 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:08 - Apr 12 by Lohengrin

All jokes aside what do you think would constitute a major breakthrough for Plaid? Upping their seat count by, let's say, three or causing a huge upset by taking Swansea East or Neath?

Seeing as they finished a poor fourth in Swansea East five years ago, barely retaining their deposit, that would be more of a political earthquake than a breakthrough. Neath is slightly less in the realms of fantasy as they were a (very distant) second there in 2010. Neither will happen though, if either or both did then Leanne Wood would have worked some kind of miracle.

A more sensible aim for a Plaid "breakthrough" would be upping their seat count to at least five and getting their share of the vote in Wales up from 2010's 11% to around 18-20%. Whether that would be a "major" breakthrough I don't know but it would certainly be progress. I think they may even lose one of their current three.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 12 with 1679 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:15 - Apr 12 by trampie

Just wait till you see Welsh Labours manifesto, they spend all their time down the bae voting against more powers for Wales, then Ms Wood starts to get some publicity and all of a sudden Welsh Labour are changing their tune.

"...ewe should be ashamed of eweself..." if you think differently!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 12 with 1679 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:15 - Apr 12 by trampie

Which observers are these? Writers of romantic fiction?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:18 - Apr 12 with 1676 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:01 - Apr 12 by Lohengrin

The stout proletarian clogs or the ones her and her mates used to dance around their handbags in at The Clydach Vale Workies on a Friday?

Cwmparc ex servicemens club was where it was at mun.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 12 with 1665 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:18 - Apr 12 by trampie

Cwmparc ex servicemens club was where it was at mun.

Do you mean The Legion on Penrhiwceiber Road? I've been there.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:43 - Apr 12 with 1634 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 12 by Lohengrin

Do you mean The Legion on Penrhiwceiber Road? I've been there.

Different place i believe.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 21:51]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:09 - Apr 12 with 1610 viewstrampie

I'm hearing George Osbourne failed to answer 18 funding questions in 6 minutes on the Andrew Marr show, haven't seen it myself, is that even possible to be so clueless ?, its been billed as car crash tv, so i assume its true, that the Tory chancellor is clueless, if so its not good for the Conservatives ability to handle the UK economy then.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 22:16]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:30 - Apr 12 with 1588 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:09 - Apr 12 by trampie

I'm hearing George Osbourne failed to answer 18 funding questions in 6 minutes on the Andrew Marr show, haven't seen it myself, is that even possible to be so clueless ?, its been billed as car crash tv, so i assume its true, that the Tory chancellor is clueless, if so its not good for the Conservatives ability to handle the UK economy then.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 22:16]

It was car crash AM did him up like a kipper(not a ukipper) very enjoyable to see, It's so blatently obvious that this extra 8billion will come from deep cuts affecting the less well off

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:50 - Apr 12 with 1569 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:30 - Apr 12 by epaul

It was car crash AM did him up like a kipper(not a ukipper) very enjoyable to see, It's so blatently obvious that this extra 8billion will come from deep cuts affecting the less well off

Yes no doubt epaul if they win the money will come from the less well off like you say.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:29 - Apr 12 with 1539 viewsHighjack

Plaid are a complete and utter non entity. They've even got less seats than the Tories in the Welsh assembly which pretty much says it all. Considering they are the 'party for Wales' and they are only the third biggest party in the welsh setup they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:32 - Apr 12 with 1534 viewsHighjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:17 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

Which observers are these? Writers of romantic fiction?

No, the Leanne Factor is the new reality show on Saturday night TV.

Contestants stand up in front of high profile judges such as Timmy Mallett and the drummer from Showaddywaddy and try and convince them that their name is Leanne.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:36 - Apr 12 with 1526 viewsperchrockjack

who or what is a rich person.

Someone who thinks nowt of shoving a few Grammys of coke up their footing nose flollowed by ten pints or someone who works his or her arse off to be self sufficient and not bleed the state.

Sadly tramp I'm not living in the past. That was jethro tull

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 00:02 - Apr 13 with 1519 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:29 - Apr 12 by Highjack

Plaid are a complete and utter non entity. They've even got less seats than the Tories in the Welsh assembly which pretty much says it all. Considering they are the 'party for Wales' and they are only the third biggest party in the welsh setup they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

So are the ukips

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 00:52 - Apr 13 with 1498 viewsHighjack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 00:02 - Apr 13 by yescomeon

So are the ukips

I would agree. They've had a lot of success in the Euro Elections but I would be surprised if that carried over to a general election. They'll get more seats than Plaid though.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:35 - Apr 13 with 1457 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:50 - Apr 12 by trampie

Yes no doubt epaul if they win the money will come from the less well off like you say.

Link to video of the interview, and in no way am I endorsing the red tories......

https://www.facebook.com/labourparty (scroll down)

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:38 - Apr 13 with 1455 viewsepaul

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 07:35 - Apr 13 by epaul

Link to video of the interview, and in no way am I endorsing the red tories......

https://www.facebook.com/labourparty (scroll down)

Better link

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:23 - Apr 13 with 1432 viewsyescomeon

Have to agree. I do think though at the end of the elections plaid will come out more representative of Wales thank ukip is of the UK if measured by the above metri, I.e The percentage of Welsh seats belonging to plaid will be greater than the percentage of UK seats belonging to ukip.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:26 - Apr 13 with 1430 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 23:29 - Apr 12 by Highjack

Plaid have been the 2nd biggest party in Wales in recent times.
Wales has more sense of identity than it otherwise would have because it has an Assembly after 600 years without any sort of Parliment and that is because of Plaid, make no mistake about that.
The only reason I can watch a Port Talbot town or the Ospreys on the box on a fairly regular basis is also because of Plaid, when the late great Gwnfor Evans made the lady that is not for turning turn otherwise it would have lead to death, I watched the Dragons beat Leinster only last night on S4C.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 8:27]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 08:31 - Apr 13 with 1419 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 00:52 - Apr 13 by Highjack

I would agree. They've had a lot of success in the Euro Elections but I would be surprised if that carried over to a general election. They'll get more seats than Plaid though.

Its doubtful that UKIP will get more seats in Wales than Plaid Cymru, you have to compare like with like, Plaid only stand in Wales.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:08 - Apr 13 with 1395 viewsperchrockjack

Farage now planning to fine people at A@E if they are abusive etc and turn up pisssed..

I mean when the poor ,vulnerable get admitted after trying to d rink away their misery, how does he expect them to find the money for a fine.

Just don't treat them and save the doctors and nurses from a hammering

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024