Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83105 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 13 with 2222 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:13 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

You only lose money on a car Perch. My Golf is 14 years old and has 206k on the clock.

I've got a 13 year old Astra. No interest in cars. As long as it keeps getting me from A to B I'll keep driving it. Only when it stops doing that will I get another one.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 22:08 - Apr 13 with 2194 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

I've got a 13 year old Astra. No interest in cars. As long as it keeps getting me from A to B I'll keep driving it. Only when it stops doing that will I get another one.

Me too. Still get 50+MPG from it too

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 06:59 - Apr 14 with 2118 viewsStarsky

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:22 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

I thought you were in to personalised number plates?

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:09 - Apr 14 with 2089 viewsperchrockjack

YES WAYNE I KNOW THAT but to have a car with that age in our Close would be social exclusion.
As for a 13 year old car, I was embarrassed to sell my lad s Astra after he d moved to Holland and that was bad enough with 84K on the clock and ten years old.

All about Appearances,innit.

Anyway, so far, none of my leftie net chums has been able to define what I asked which was to define who/what is poor or vulnerable.
The answer is of course it cannot be accurately defined not even by our esteemed sage Lohengrin, a man who almost makes me feel humble such his his knowedge.

There was a feature on west Wirral last night on ITV news and a good chum of mine Mark Scudder was interviewed. Lovely guy but as a Director of a small business,clearly crapping himself over the possiblility of a Millban victory.

If Milli doesn't win west Wirral he wont win the election but its knife-edge stuff.

Anyway, have a blessed day, y all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 2085 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:09 - Apr 14 by perchrockjack

YES WAYNE I KNOW THAT but to have a car with that age in our Close would be social exclusion.
As for a 13 year old car, I was embarrassed to sell my lad s Astra after he d moved to Holland and that was bad enough with 84K on the clock and ten years old.

All about Appearances,innit.

Anyway, so far, none of my leftie net chums has been able to define what I asked which was to define who/what is poor or vulnerable.
The answer is of course it cannot be accurately defined not even by our esteemed sage Lohengrin, a man who almost makes me feel humble such his his knowedge.

There was a feature on west Wirral last night on ITV news and a good chum of mine Mark Scudder was interviewed. Lovely guy but as a Director of a small business,clearly crapping himself over the possiblility of a Millban victory.

If Milli doesn't win west Wirral he wont win the election but its knife-edge stuff.

Anyway, have a blessed day, y all

Are you really that shallow you would give a flying f:ck what your neighbours thought?

I live in a nice place,plenty of wealthy people around here in big houses,but what I see is most of them drive middle age bangers,!

Nowt wrong wi that lad....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 2034 viewsepaul

Sums them up for me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 12:30 - Apr 14 with 2023 viewstrampie

Ms Wood seems to be in demand today going around the tv studio's in London, she has done Bloomberg tv and the Daily politics show so far with apparently more tv shows to come today.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 2005 viewstrampie

Im sure that Andrew Neil bloke has a thing for the lovely Leanne, he ripped into the Green leader, a Lib-Dem, a Tory etc (he typically picks up on a point of order and just wont leave it), but he just tip toes around Leanne, smiling back and agreeing all the time what I saw of the episode.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:21 - Apr 14 with 1995 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:04 - Apr 14 by trampie

Im sure that Andrew Neil bloke has a thing for the lovely Leanne, he ripped into the Green leader, a Lib-Dem, a Tory etc (he typically picks up on a point of order and just wont leave it), but he just tip toes around Leanne, smiling back and agreeing all the time what I saw of the episode.

It's the accent

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:37 - Apr 14 with 1987 viewstrampie

Just seen the Bloomberg interview, top stuff from Leanne.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:54 - Apr 14 with 1976 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 13:04 - Apr 14 by trampie

Perhaps he's on a promise.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:14 - Apr 14 with 1962 viewstrampie

Leanne nails another interview, this time the Jeremy Vine show on the radio, she has dealt with the English question and the Barnet formula, this time she had the Mrs Windsor tapes played to her and still batted it away with ease using salient points, she has improved her media game these last few weeks, whether due to the Welsh Labour media in Wales and the Brit Nat media in London she can get her message across is still to be seen, but I cant fault her effort.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:27 - Apr 14 with 1951 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:14 - Apr 14 by trampie

Leanne nails another interview, this time the Jeremy Vine show on the radio, she has dealt with the English question and the Barnet formula, this time she had the Mrs Windsor tapes played to her and still batted it away with ease using salient points, she has improved her media game these last few weeks, whether due to the Welsh Labour media in Wales and the Brit Nat media in London she can get her message across is still to be seen, but I cant fault her effort.

Here's a question I'd like to ask her, Trampie:

Communism claimed somewhere North of 100 million victims in the Twentieth Century, Leanne. As a financial benefactor of the Communist Party how many of that 100 million would you say deserved their fate, just as a rough percentage estimate?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:45 - Apr 14 with 1923 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:14 - Apr 14 by trampie

Trampie, you should definitely be her agent :-)
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:58 - Apr 14 with 1917 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:27 - Apr 14 by Lohengrin

Communism claimed somewhere North of 100 million victims in the Twentieth Century, Leanne. As a financial benefactor of the Communist Party how many of that 100 million would you say deserved their fate, just as a rough percentage estimate?

That figure would be a drop in the ocean then compared to the right wing imperialists in the same time period, the Vietnamese peasants who were starving and badly treated by the capitalist imperialists [rice farmers families were starving and their rice was been sold in Paris restaurants for a lot of centimes] who overthrew their chains are somehow wrong for fighting for their country and their people and to improve their lot ?, get off it Lohengrin you are having a giraffe.

The lovely Leanne contributed to the running of a left wing publication to help keep debate on the left going.

Its not lost on me or others that the Beeb are right wing [I know they are accused of being left wing but this is a myth perpetrated by the right to keep coveraged biased in their direction].
An example being the Greens/SNP/Plaid forming a 'loose' left of centre anti austerity block yet the case for their argument is not heard, why because it is a left of centre policy and the Beeb only covers right wing policies in the main.
Back in the 70's when Labour was left and the Conservatives on the right the Beeb was in the middle, they were covering two different ideologies [which is right and proper for debate] when Labour moved over to the right the Beeb tried to still stay between Labour and the Conservatives and say look we are impartial we give equal coverage to both Labour and the Conservatives, yes 'Auntie' but they are both right wing and are the same bum just different cheeks, 'Auntie' is not giving coverage to the otherside of the coin, they are just giving coverage to right wing low tax, low spend ideology.

Now that is why its important to keep debate alive and hear both sides of the argument, Ms Wood was just [rightly] trying to keep one aspect of one side of the debate alive as all the media are right wing, it is important that some left wing views are still out there to be heard, just a pity that ideology does not get more mainstream media coverage in this country.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 15:18]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:15 - Apr 14 with 1889 viewsLohengrin

Both sides of the argument? Good grief, man! Giving Communism, sorry, providing a financial donation to amplify the voice of Communists isn't a million miles away from giving Myra Hindley a platform in a debate on childcare.

Your hero Gwynfor described it as a cancer, he was being too kind.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:21 - Apr 14 with 1884 viewstrampie

Yes both sides of the argument, Ms Wood is very democratic.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:31 - Apr 14 with 1875 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:27 - Apr 14 by Lohengrin

You are blowing this communism thing out of proportion imo.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:39 - Apr 14 with 1866 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:31 - Apr 14 by yescomeon

Really? Do you suppose that if it came to light Natalie Bennett had made a financial contribution to The National Front it would be greeted with media indifference?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:40 - Apr 14 with 1861 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:21 - Apr 14 by trampie

Yes both sides of the argument, Ms Wood is very democratic.

Do you know what amorality means?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:54 - Apr 14 with 1840 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:31 - Apr 14 by yescomeon

yescommon, Lohengrin is losing the plot, he can see Ms Wood challenging the right wing and he doesn't like it, he does what all right wingers try and do and that is smear, because he cant win the argument, it is the way lots of right wingers roll.
Ms Wood is leader of what has often been called a petite bourgeoisie party [middle class party seen to favour small business owners, professional people, landowners, tradesman and craftsmen], Lohengrin thinks she is a Communist, lol, in charge of a party, that was once ruled by Saunders Lewis and Gwynfor Evans and currently has Dr Eurfyl ap Gwilym and Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas as members.

The smears ain't working Lohengrin, you will have to try harder than that.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 17:44]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:55 - Apr 14 with 1835 viewsacejack3065

Genuine question Trampie. What kind of result do you expect Plaid will get in next months election?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:10 - Apr 14 with 1811 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:54 - Apr 14 by trampie

yescommon, Lohengrin is losing the plot, he can see Ms Wood challenging the right wing and he doesn't like it, he does what all right wingers try and do and that is smear, because he cant win the argument, it is the way lots of right wingers roll.
Ms Wood is leader of what has often been called a petite bourgeoisie party [middle class party seen to favour small business owners, professional people, landowners, tradesman and craftsmen], Lohengrin thinks she is a Communist, lol, in charge of a party, that was once ruled by Saunders Lewis and Gwynfor Evans and currently has Dr Eurfyl ap Gwilym and Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas as members.

The smears ain't working Lohengrin, you will have to try harder than that.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 17:44]

No. A smear is an attempt to mailign character by perpetuating a harmful falsehood. Quite different from a statement of fact.

Do me a favour, Trampie, can you refrain from mentioning Saunders Lewis in the same breath as that woman. Thank you.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:22 - Apr 14 with 1799 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:55 - Apr 14 by acejack3065

Genuine question Trampie. What kind of result do you expect Plaid will get in next months election?

I'm hoping for 4 seats, most tipsters are saying they will stay on 3 seats with the odd tipster saying 2.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:54 - Apr 14 with 1779 viewsacejack3065

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:22 - Apr 14 by trampie

I'm hoping for 4 seats, most tipsters are saying they will stay on 3 seats with the odd tipster saying 2.

What gain do you think they will make? Surely not Neath or Llanelli? Ceredigion maybe with lib dems on the thin.

I personally think they will remain the same but them dropping a seat isn't completely inconceivable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024