Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 82764 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 8487 viewswaynekerr55

I say this thread should be of the sticky variety. Any objections?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:45 - Apr 7 with 8486 viewsorion3016

I'm fed up with crankie from snp who is unfortunatly going to have a big say in matters

I'll predict a Tory & lib dem coalition again

Be over there now after

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:47 - Apr 7 with 8475 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:45 - Apr 7 by orion3016

I'm fed up with crankie from snp who is unfortunatly going to have a big say in matters

I'll predict a Tory & lib dem coalition again

LibDems will lose at least half their seats. They probably won't have the numbers to prop up the Tories again and they'll certainly have far less influence than they did last time. And that wasn't much.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 8465 views3swan

Well ECB I remember that thread in which someone thought the coalition would fall apart after six months. I said (with my limited knowledge) that it would go the full term just for the 'in power' reasons

So my prediction - coalition again, Tories and most likely Lib Dems
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 8465 viewsorion3016

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:47 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

LibDems will lose at least half their seats. They probably won't have the numbers to prop up the Tories again and they'll certainly have far less influence than they did last time. And that wasn't much.

Labours problem is miliband. He's too weak and has an unfortunate voice. There'll be a lot of votes for Cameron as a prime minister & not the fact he's conservative. The lib dem involvement won't be needed as much as it was last time but will be enough

This country will be bankrupt if labour get back in

Be over there now after

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:54 - Apr 7 with 8446 viewsperchrockjack

Yvette Cooper.........................

There we are.......................

With deference to the lovely lisa Ive resisted any sexually inappropriate words..

I cant see it lasting

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:54 - Apr 7 with 8448 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:50 - Apr 7 by 3swan

Well ECB I remember that thread in which someone thought the coalition would fall apart after six months. I said (with my limited knowledge) that it would go the full term just for the 'in power' reasons

So my prediction - coalition again, Tories and most likely Lib Dems

I did say that and I genuinely thought it would never last. You were right, I was wrong. Although I doubt many of the people involved expected it to last the full term as well mind you.

Now, who said I never admit when I'm wrong?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:58 - Apr 7 with 8437 views3swan

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:54 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

I did say that and I genuinely thought it would never last. You were right, I was wrong. Although I doubt many of the people involved expected it to last the full term as well mind you.

Bookmarked

Thing is imo you based your thoughts on politics as you should.

Human nature comes in to the equation and that's when logic goes out of the window.

I go with the same result, just because most voters will be afraid of setting back any recovery that has started
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:58 - Apr 7 with 8437 viewsmonmouth

Clegger and Farago to lose their seats and an up and down bunfight with an indiscriminate outcome overall and I'll probably raise a glass.

Labour to win enough seats in Scoatland to f*ck up the SNP and labour given a good kick up the arse in Wales would be nice too, but I don't think either will happen.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:59 - Apr 7 with 8434 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:54 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

No! you were right. The coalition ceased in all but name about five minutes after the echo of the clinking champagne flutes had heralded its formation. It's been a Conservative front for the financial power all along, albeit with the occasional face-saving bone tossed to the emasculated Liberals for appearance sake.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:00 - Apr 7 with 8425 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:58 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Clegger and Farago to lose their seats and an up and down bunfight with an indiscriminate outcome overall and I'll probably raise a glass.

Labour to win enough seats in Scoatland to f*ck up the SNP and labour given a good kick up the arse in Wales would be nice too, but I don't think either will happen.

Meant to add in the OP that we could well see another election in the autumn if the clusterf*ck predicted in this one comes to fruition. Double the fun.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:02 - Apr 7 with 8419 views3swan

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:59 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

No! you were right. The coalition ceased in all but name about five minutes after the echo of the clinking champagne flutes had heralded its formation. It's been a Conservative front for the financial power all along, albeit with the occasional face-saving bone tossed to the emasculated Liberals for appearance sake.

I agree it was never a true coalition, but it didn't result in a swift election which what my mate ECB thought at the time. Any coalition in the future will be the same, the larger party calls the shots and the smaller party enjoys the power ride
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 8415 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:54 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

Yvette Cooper.........................

There we are.......................

With deference to the lovely lisa Ive resisted any sexually inappropriate words..

I cant see it lasting

The thought of Ed Balls in charge of the purse strings is truly frightening

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 8415 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:59 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

Yet many of the policies the Tories are claiming credit for (the income tax allowance for one) were LibDem policies that the Tories wouldn't have gone anywhere near had they not needed Clegg's chums to make up the parliamentary numbers.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:04 - Apr 7 with 8403 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:03 - Apr 7 by waynekerr55

The thought of Ed Balls in charge of the purse strings is truly frightening

Very capable politician is Ed Balls.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:05 - Apr 7 with 8398 viewsDr_Winston

Just remember, the Swans only play in the top division under a Tory Prime Minister.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 8390 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:03 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Yet many of the policies the Tories are claiming credit for (the income tax allowance for one) were LibDem policies that the Tories wouldn't have gone anywhere near had they not needed Clegg's chums to make up the parliamentary numbers.

A mere trifle, as Lawrence was wont to say.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:13 - Apr 7 with 8379 viewstrampie

A Hung Parliament might lead to a second General Election in the same year, what would happen in the second election ?, Plaid and the SNP gained further seats in the second election and didn't lose any in 1974, if there was to be 2 elections in one year this time round, who knows what would happen.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:35]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:19 - Apr 7 with 8373 viewsScoobyWho

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:13 - Apr 7 by trampie

A Hung Parliament might lead to a second General Election in the same year, what would happen in the second election ?, Plaid and the SNP gained further seats in the second election and didn't lose any in 1974, if there was to be 2 elections in one year this time round, who knows what would happen.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:35]

Excellent point, we shouldn't rule this out.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:37 - Apr 7 with 8345 viewsC_jack

The only thing I want out of this election is the death knell of FPTP.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:38]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 8342 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:37 - Apr 7 by C_jack

The only thing I want out of this election is the death knell of FPTP.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:38]

I don't think we'd agree on very much mate but on that I agree 100%.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:43 - Apr 7 with 8325 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:04 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Very capable politician is Ed Balls.

Do I detect some of your world famous sarcasm there Sir? You know, the sort that got you banned from TJA.net

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 8321 viewsWitneyjack

If a coalition collapsed and another election was held in the Autumn, would the fixed date election in 2020 still stand?
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:47 - Apr 7 with 8317 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:39 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think we'd agree on very much mate but on that I agree 100%.

It's a farce only matched by the referendum to vote for it's demise, in the murky fog of the previous election. I can hardly remember it, I certainly didn't vote.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:47]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:54 - Apr 7 with 8295 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:44 - Apr 7 by Witneyjack

If a coalition collapsed and another election was held in the Autumn, would the fixed date election in 2020 still stand?

Don't think so. It would then be re-fixed for five years after the second one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024