Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal refund 08:49 - Apr 9 with 15463 viewsMillie

From the other site

Regarding a refund on the Arsenal ticket.

I went to the ticket office yesterday and enquired about a refund and was told that although the club, and Arsenal had a policy of not refunding the cost of a match ticket, the Swans were looking in to give a refund, but had yet to make a final decision.
What I was also told yesterday is that at the moment, all the club were doing was taking names and addresses of fans wanting a refund, and the reason why, and sometime next week the club would contact those fans with their decision.

Hope the above is of some help for those seeking a refund.
Arsenal refund on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 7570 viewsOldjack

I think i'm right in saying the club stand to make 3/4 of a million for this televised match ,they could at least reimburse the fans monies who cant' now make the trip surely
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 11:24]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Arsenal refund on 09:08 - Apr 9 with 7563 viewsMillie

Arsenal refund on 09:06 - Apr 9 by Oldjack

I think i'm right in saying the club stand to make 3/4 of a million for this televised match ,they could at least reimburse the fans monies who cant' now make the trip surely
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 11:24]

They will, and are taking names so that they can reimburse
Arsenal refund on 09:41 - Apr 9 with 7516 viewsDewi1jack

Clubs get money off Sky, to help fans who are inconvenienced by the switch of games due to TV reasons (Thursday night Euro tour to Sunday doesn't count, unless a TV game anyway.)
Can't see why the Arse can't sort it out. Arsehole Whinger doesn't spend any money on players anyway
Money grabbing Mockney b'stards

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Arsenal refund on 10:21 - Apr 9 with 7456 viewsdgt73

I can't see the the club NOT giving a refund imo to be honest, because if they didn't this would inevitably affect future sales of away tickets.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Arsenal refund on 10:36 - Apr 9 with 7428 viewsStarsky

Arsenal refund on 09:08 - Apr 9 by Millie

That's not what you said in the opening post. You said they're thinking about it.

The fact that they're even thinking about it is a bit of an insult to the out of pocket fans.

It's just the internet, init.

Arsenal refund on 10:48 - Apr 9 with 7401 viewsMillie

Arsenal refund on 10:36 - Apr 9 by Starsky

That's not what you said in the opening post. You said they're thinking about it.

The fact that they're even thinking about it is a bit of an insult to the out of pocket fans.

But I didn't make the opening post
Arsenal refund on 10:51 - Apr 9 with 7395 viewsStarsky

Arsenal refund on 10:48 - Apr 9 by Millie

But I didn't make the opening post

You did. It's your name on the ... Opening post. Have I missed something Millie?

Arsenal refund on 10:52 - Apr 9 with 7394 viewsMillie

Arsenal refund on 10:51 - Apr 9 by Starsky

You did. It's your name on the ... Opening post. Have I missed something Millie?

Yeah, the bit where I said, from the other site
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal refund on 10:59 - Apr 9 with 7381 viewsStarsky

Arsenal refund on 09:08 - Apr 9 by Millie

That's not what they said in the opening post. They said they're thinking about it.

Arsenal refund on 11:07 - Apr 9 with 7363 viewsMillie

Arsenal refund on 10:59 - Apr 9 by Starsky

That's not what they said in the opening post. They said they're thinking about it.

So do I get an apology ;0)

Thought not
Arsenal refund on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 7353 viewsStarsky

Arsenal refund on 11:07 - Apr 9 by Millie

So do I get an apology ;0)

Thought not

No. You should have used inverted commas.

Arsenal refund on 11:29 - Apr 9 with 7307 viewsMrgrumpy

The clubs cannot have a no refund policy because it is not in compliance with The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999

"We consider that consumers should be entitled to a full refund of prepayments if the event,performer or activity is cancelled, rescheduled, or if there is a material change to the subject matter of the contract, that is, what the consumer has contracted to see, hire or participate in."

Guidance on unfair terms in consumer entertainment contracts. Office of Fair Trading
https://www.gov.uk/.../uploads/attachment_data/file/284438/oft667.pdf
Arsenal refund on 12:02 - Apr 9 with 7276 viewsOldjack

Arsenal refund on 11:29 - Apr 9 by Mrgrumpy

The clubs cannot have a no refund policy because it is not in compliance with The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999

"We consider that consumers should be entitled to a full refund of prepayments if the event,performer or activity is cancelled, rescheduled, or if there is a material change to the subject matter of the contract, that is, what the consumer has contracted to see, hire or participate in."

Guidance on unfair terms in consumer entertainment contracts. Office of Fair Trading
https://www.gov.uk/.../uploads/attachment_data/file/284438/oft667.pdf

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Arsenal refund on 12:38 - Apr 9 with 7218 viewstylagarwjack

I honestly, apart from a short term cashflow advantage of selling tickets before handing the cash over to Arsenal, can't understand why the club started selling tickets for this match before the TV fixtures were announced.

Even if they waited until after the fixtures were announced, there was still over a month before the fixture, more than enough time to sell the tickets.

I know they will argue that in the small print it will say "date subject to change etc" but in doing this they have now created some work and hassle for themselves by having to potentially arrange refunds (and worse still potentially out of their own pockets).

It may be that there are Premier League rules around this, or perhaps, Arsenal put pressure on the club to start selling tickets early so that, in the event of us not taking our full 3,000 allocation (also the club never ever state how many tickets we've requested, just that they are on sale, but that is another matter) they could start selling tickets to their own fans sooner, I don't know, it all just seems barmy and could easily have been avoided.
Arsenal refund on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 7186 viewsmonmouth

So it's against the law not to offer a refund? I hope someone has told our commercial department that there is no 'decision' to be made before they cover themselves in sh1t and have to backtrack again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal refund on 15:11 - Apr 9 with 7052 viewsJBT95

I hope the club end up learning from this and not selling tickets an age before the game is confirmed.
Arsenal refund on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 6891 viewsdgt73

Arsenal refund on 15:11 - Apr 9 by JBT95

I hope the club end up learning from this and not selling tickets an age before the game is confirmed.

There's nothing wrong with selling tickets early......as long as they offer a refund if the fixture date changes.

Arsenal refund on 19:42 - Apr 9 with 6887 viewsdgt73

Arsenal refund on 12:50 - Apr 9 by monmouth

So it's against the law not to offer a refund? I hope someone has told our commercial department that there is no 'decision' to be made before they cover themselves in sh1t and have to backtrack again.

There you go again, jumping the gun. Let the club make an announcement first.

Arsenal refund on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 6870 viewsItchySphincter

I can't see what club policy would have to do with anything? Buy a ticket for a Saturday, through circumstances beyond your control it's switched to monday? Trade descriptions act anyone?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Arsenal refund on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 6758 viewscwrw

I didn't bother to contact the club I think it's poor they simply don't refund people who can't go without even having to think about it first. What I did was to phone my bank because I ordered my ticket with my credit card. They told me that because the date was moved and it was out of my control then they would take the matter up with the club if they refuse a refund. Anyone on here who paid with a card could do far worse than to phone their banks too. Better still does anyone here work for a bank
Arsenal refund on 22:16 - Apr 9 with 6743 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal refund on 22:13 - Apr 9 by cwrw

I didn't bother to contact the club I think it's poor they simply don't refund people who can't go without even having to think about it first. What I did was to phone my bank because I ordered my ticket with my credit card. They told me that because the date was moved and it was out of my control then they would take the matter up with the club if they refuse a refund. Anyone on here who paid with a card could do far worse than to phone their banks too. Better still does anyone here work for a bank

Why didn’t you contact the club? How are they supposed to know you can no longer go?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal refund on 22:34 - Apr 9 with 6717 viewscwrw

Arsenal refund on 22:16 - Apr 9 by SwansNZ

Why didn’t you contact the club? How are they supposed to know you can no longer go?

I didn't bother because of previous dealings with the ticket office and because of what I've been reading on various forums. If they offer refunds then great I will just visit the ticket office if not I'll contact the credit card people.
I ordered 8 tickets for the Cup final online, 4 adult and 4 kids. When they arrived by post they were all in the same block but were all individual tickets spaced out over 14 different rows. I received the usual terrible service went I went to the ticket office and I haven't forgiven them hence the reason I phoned my bank instead
Arsenal refund on 22:52 - Apr 9 with 6688 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal refund on 22:34 - Apr 9 by cwrw

I didn't bother because of previous dealings with the ticket office and because of what I've been reading on various forums. If they offer refunds then great I will just visit the ticket office if not I'll contact the credit card people.
I ordered 8 tickets for the Cup final online, 4 adult and 4 kids. When they arrived by post they were all in the same block but were all individual tickets spaced out over 14 different rows. I received the usual terrible service went I went to the ticket office and I haven't forgiven them hence the reason I phoned my bank instead

To get a refund from your credit card company, I’d have thought the club would have to refuse to give you a refund — you have to ask for a refund first.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal refund on 23:04 - Apr 9 with 6660 viewscwrw

Arsenal refund on 22:52 - Apr 9 by SwansNZ

To get a refund from your credit card company, I’d have thought the club would have to refuse to give you a refund — you have to ask for a refund first.

I'm no expert but what they told me was that if the club refuse to refund then to go back to them asap. They said the club should make an announcement really on the club website and to take a screenshot and email it to them if needed. I'll cross these bridges as and when hopefully common sense prevails and they'll refund anyway. If not the credit card people will take it up with them. I'm with Barclays so hopefully they can do something about it
Arsenal refund on 10:20 - Apr 10 with 6513 viewsjacksinceever

Arsenal refund on 22:13 - Apr 9 by cwrw

I used to work for one of the major banks.
I have also used the knowledge gained to dispute problems, with various outcomes.
You need to contact the club to request a refund, and if they refuse, request in writing, so you have a paper trail
First of all if you paid by credit card, and the purchase was over £100, then under the Section 75 rule, the supplier and the credit card company are equally liable. However the burden of proof is upon you to show they (the club in this case) have not clearly explained the terms and conditions of refunds or exchanges. If they have, and they have complied with this, then the purchaser has no recourse under this avenue (if they stated, the date or time is subject to change, they are covered)
The other avenue the credit card company will then explore is chargeback. Basically, if they feel you may have a case, they will refund your card with all monies paid, the club then has 45 days to challenge this. If they don't happy days. If they do appeal, then if they prove they did act properly, then the refund can be charged back on your card at a later date.
Debit card transactions and credit card transactions under £100 offer little if no protection. You need to apply to the bank / card issuer, and rely on their goodwill.
As an aside, if you need to make a large purchase (over £100) and you want the protection of a credit card but don't want to pay the 2% or 3% levy often put on by retailers, by paying £100 on the credit card and the rest by any other method offers you the same protection as if you'd paid it all on the credit card
[Post edited 10 Apr 2015 10:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024