Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the Cyclists among you 11:45 - Apr 17 with 3614 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I have just got a new job in Llansamlet enterprise park and was wondering of it was possible to cycle along from the seafront to valley way without going on a main road?

Would love to do that as a keep fit measure and doing my bit for the planet like

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For the Cyclists among you on 12:03 - Apr 17 with 3256 viewsBanosswan

Try this website. There's a path opposite Sainsbury that'll take you to morfa, carry on behind kfc and you can come out right by valley way.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

For the Cyclists among you on 12:04 - Apr 17 with 3254 viewsBanosswan

For the Cyclists among you on 12:03 - Apr 17 by Banosswan

Try this website. There's a path opposite Sainsbury that'll take you to morfa, carry on behind kfc and you can come out right by valley way.

Oops
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

For the Cyclists among you on 12:09 - Apr 17 with 3242 viewsPacemaker

For the Cyclists among you on 12:04 - Apr 17 by Banosswan

Oops
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map

Very good cycle path all the way. Easiest way to find for future reference google maps directions and click on cycle icon it will show all cycle paths. Be careful as not all cycle paths are off road some are just a white line on a main road.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

For the Cyclists among you on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 3225 viewsLord_Bony

Good luck with the new job S.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

For the Cyclists among you on 13:03 - Apr 17 with 3188 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

All the best in your new job Bryn.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

For the Cyclists among you on 13:27 - Apr 17 with 3164 viewsraynor94

Any vacancies there for Skippy?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

For the Cyclists among you on 16:45 - Apr 17 with 3097 viewscsf

Yeah it is I cycled a few times from near Asda to Verdi's. Getting through the Marina part is a bit of a faff but once you get past sainsburys and under the bridge it's easy. You can get out by the Recycling plant, or I think there's another bridge by the training ground. It's a deent ride, easy enough
For the Cyclists among you on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 3078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 13:27 - Apr 17 by raynor94

Any vacancies there for Skippy?

F*ck, it was a stretch me getting in there! And I have one skill!

Login to get fewer ads

For the Cyclists among you on 17:32 - Apr 17 with 3058 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thanks for all the advice and the good wishes all. New chapter in life now , leaving the black clouds of Tommy's workplace behind me lol.
If I can get you in OTT I will lol

For the Cyclists among you on 18:41 - Apr 17 with 3028 viewsPrivate_Partz

I used to cycle to Alberto Road. Cycle route 43 takes you from the City Centre. The only problem I had was Nantong Way but the pavement is so quiet there it is reasonable to cycle along it. Things could have improved here as it was a few years since I regularly cycled the route.
A word of warning. Near Alberto Road the cycle track dips down and runs alongside the Fendrod Stream before it enters the Tawe. This part is very shaded and floods regularly. The result is a lethal piece of track on which you can very easily become a cropper. I have a broken shoulder which now has a metal plate in it as a reminder of my fall!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

For the Cyclists among you on 22:09 - Apr 17 with 2942 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

For the Cyclists among you on 17:32 - Apr 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Thanks for all the advice and the good wishes all. New chapter in life now , leaving the black clouds of Tommy's workplace behind me lol.
If I can get you in OTT I will lol

i've had it mush , must do my time there , life sentence!!!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 22:10]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

For the Cyclists among you on 07:26 - Apr 18 with 2873 viewsEdmundo

Cycle route 43 starts up past Clydach and pretty much follows the route of the Tawe (easy for Valley Way). I did the route from Ynystawe to the City Centre yesterday, nice cycle route, not to many inclines and passes just behind our new training ground in Landore. There's a cycle route map you can pick up in information centres, that show loads of routes around Swansea 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

For the Cyclists among you on 08:36 - Apr 18 with 2849 viewsJackfath

Why not get on your bike and find out?

The answer is yes and it's a very pleasant ride indeed. Flat all the way which is suitable for fatties.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

For the Cyclists among you on 09:30 - Apr 18 with 2822 viewsskippyjack

I'm sure the RAF would sort me out.. But I'd know exactly what they'd do with me.. I have a 'particular' set of skills..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

For the Cyclists among you on 14:37 - Apr 18 with 2752 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 08:36 - Apr 18 by Jackfath

Why not get on your bike and find out?

The answer is yes and it's a very pleasant ride indeed. Flat all the way which is suitable for fatties.

Haven't bought one yet, wanted to know if there was a way without touching main roads or bypasses. Sounds good because I'm a bit of a fatty now and need the exercise.

For the Cyclists among you on 14:40 - Apr 18 with 2750 viewsBrynmill_Jack

One more question. Now I know it's off road and safe I'm interested in buying a folding bike. The one nice seen comes part assembled and having no knowledge of bile mechanicery I went up to wheelies and they said they'd put it together for £60 and safety test it. That may be a fair price but does anyone know of a cheaper place?

For the Cyclists among you on 19:20 - Apr 18 with 2702 views1jack

there's a place in kingsbridge called Urban Cyclery, not sure if they sell folding bikes there, but a good bunch of people there, 01792 899345, give them a ring. Always been tidy with me.
For the Cyclists among you on 19:24 - Apr 18 with 2687 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 19:20 - Apr 18 by 1jack

there's a place in kingsbridge called Urban Cyclery, not sure if they sell folding bikes there, but a good bunch of people there, 01792 899345, give them a ring. Always been tidy with me.

Thanks! I'll give them a ring

For the Cyclists among you on 19:28 - Apr 18 with 2679 viewsDarran

"no knowledge of bile mechanicery"

What a load of bollox Brynnies the expert on that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

For the Cyclists among you on 19:30 - Apr 18 with 2679 viewsPacemaker

For the Cyclists among you on 14:40 - Apr 18 by Brynmill_Jack

One more question. Now I know it's off road and safe I'm interested in buying a folding bike. The one nice seen comes part assembled and having no knowledge of bile mechanicery I went up to wheelies and they said they'd put it together for £60 and safety test it. That may be a fair price but does anyone know of a cheaper place?

Why do you want a folding bike? They are generally not that efficient and really best suited to those who have to use public transport during their commute.

A good quality hybrid would be best for the type of journey you are planning. I don't have any experience of Wheelies but Schmoos and Tredz are ok.

I suppose if you are buying a bike from elsewhere any shop is going to charge you an hours labour to assemble and check.

I use Anthony at West Coast Cycles in Abbey Road, Port Talbot who is excellent and tends to charge £35 for everything he does.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

For the Cyclists among you on 20:31 - Apr 18 with 2651 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 19:28 - Apr 18 by Darran

"no knowledge of bile mechanicery"

What a load of bollox Brynnies the expert on that.

Hi Darran. You grey haired old c*nt

For the Cyclists among you on 20:35 - Apr 18 with 2641 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 19:30 - Apr 18 by Pacemaker

Why do you want a folding bike? They are generally not that efficient and really best suited to those who have to use public transport during their commute.

A good quality hybrid would be best for the type of journey you are planning. I don't have any experience of Wheelies but Schmoos and Tredz are ok.

I suppose if you are buying a bike from elsewhere any shop is going to charge you an hours labour to assemble and check.

I use Anthony at West Coast Cycles in Abbey Road, Port Talbot who is excellent and tends to charge £35 for everything he does.

Thanks pacey I'll give them a go . The reason for the folding bike is that I have no she'd and live in a terraced house with no rear access. I could fit a fold up bike in my cupboard under the stairs. If I shift the ex wife over a bit that is

For the Cyclists among you on 08:37 - Apr 19 with 2576 viewsMervyn

hope you follow this through and get into the bike come fitness thing bryn......i started out on a hybrid and enjoyed the cycle paths and pavements that were suitable etc.....then got the bug, moved on to road biking ,built up a reasonable fitness and although im limited time wise i try and and get out as often as poss.......cant beat it,

went down the gower early this morning, witnessed a beautiful sunrise ,heard my first cuckoo and road past parts of crofty that was under water due to a high tide......doesnt get much better........Good luck with the job and i expect regular updates from you lol.
JACKARMY
For the Cyclists among you on 11:56 - Apr 19 with 2528 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the Cyclists among you on 08:37 - Apr 19 by Mervyn

hope you follow this through and get into the bike come fitness thing bryn......i started out on a hybrid and enjoyed the cycle paths and pavements that were suitable etc.....then got the bug, moved on to road biking ,built up a reasonable fitness and although im limited time wise i try and and get out as often as poss.......cant beat it,

went down the gower early this morning, witnessed a beautiful sunrise ,heard my first cuckoo and road past parts of crofty that was under water due to a high tide......doesnt get much better........Good luck with the job and i expect regular updates from you lol.
JACKARMY

Cheers Merv, I live right by St Helen's so would like to go back and forth mumbles as much as possible. My trip to work would take me down the front in the opposite direction so I'm really looking forward to it. Much more fun than jogging

For the Cyclists among you on 14:21 - May 1 with 1383 viewsMariaLuis

Very good news that you have got a new job in Liansamlet enterprise park & also you have noticed that it is possible to go by cycle to avoid the main road. i suggest you that grab a good hybrid road bike & drive it safely. If you dont know the place well then get help from google map.

best hybrid bikes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024