Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club 23:29 - Apr 17 with 5279 viewsClydeSide

Frank Knight is a pensioner being forced to pay £20k for allegedly libelous comments he made regarding the Oystons on his Facebook page which has 34 friends. This is simple bullying, as people like Frank cannot afford to risk taking such a case to court because the chances of losing, no matter how small, would ruin their entire lives beyond repair.

Please donate whatever you feel is necessary, small or large, and if possible add a little comment so Frank can see the support he has got all over the football league.

If this ever happens to one of yours, we will all be behind you.

The support we have had from Swansea fans so far has been amazing and I would like to thank any of you who have already contributed. Good luck with your remaining games.
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 23:49 - Apr 17 with 4121 viewslonglostjack

I'll donate but how? Is there a link or bank account details? For any doubting Toms here's a link

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/17/blackpool-fan-20000-oystons-thre

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 10:09 - Apr 18 with 3796 viewsdantheswansman

Why would i support someone who thinks he can spout any old rubbish online about other people he has no clue about .
Serve him right , Teach him and hopefully others that just because you are hiding behind a keyboard you CANNOT go saying whatever you like about other people.
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 11:01 - Apr 18 with 3729 viewsDewi1jack

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 10:09 - Apr 18 by dantheswansman

Why would i support someone who thinks he can spout any old rubbish online about other people he has no clue about .
Serve him right , Teach him and hopefully others that just because you are hiding behind a keyboard you CANNOT go saying whatever you like about other people.

We know the Oystens are extremely bad owners (take me to court you Tw@s)
But with your attitude and if everyone took that position, we'd still have Petty running our club.
Always needs someone to take a stand and it looks like this old boy has been bullied into a retraction, as have a few others.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 11:40 - Apr 18 with 3676 viewsHighjack

What was it he actually said?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:21 - Apr 18 with 3621 viewsblueytheblue

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 11:01 - Apr 18 by Dewi1jack

But with your attitude and if everyone took that position, we'd still have Petty running our club.
Always needs someone to take a stand and it looks like this old boy has been bullied into a retraction, as have a few others.

There's a difference between that and making specific allegations.

If you get sued for libel, you have to prove your allegations.

I've no time for the Oystens but if you're going to gob off like that on the internet then face the consequences. People say he only has 34 followers - so what? One person says something, others re-post it... can easily go viral.

Granted the Oystens have seemingly no knowledge of the Streisand effect they've triggered but the person making the comments wasn't an innocent.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:25 - Apr 18 with 3613 viewsDarran

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 11:01 - Apr 18 by Dewi1jack

I'd like to know what he said but I've been saying it for years there's no such thing as freedom of speech and people need to think before they click post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:43 - Apr 18 with 3579 viewsmorningstar

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:25 - Apr 18 by Darran

I'd like to know what he said but I've been saying it for years there's no such thing as freedom of speech and people need to think before they click post.

What, like you?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:15 - Apr 18 with 3461 viewsHighjack

I'd like to know what exactly it was he allegedly said before I donate any money.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:21 - Apr 18 with 3451 viewsEdmundo

I'd take a point now, considering our limited attacking options.

Cummon City

I'd love it it we smash them though, just to see Lineker's face 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:24 - Apr 18 with 3447 viewsHighjack

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:21 - Apr 18 by Edmundo

I'd take a point now, considering our limited attacking options.

Cummon City

I'd love it it we smash them though, just to see Lineker's face 👍

You'd like to smash the Oystons?

They might sue you for that.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:29 - Apr 18 with 3433 viewsDarran

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:43 - Apr 18 by morningstar

What, like you?

Not really BowBoy because calling thick tw*ts like you a thick tw*t isn't libellous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 3408 viewsmorningstar

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:29 - Apr 18 by Darran

Not really BowBoy because calling thick tw*ts like you a thick tw*t isn't libellous.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:14 - Apr 19 with 3195 viewsdantheswansman

Me not condoning his behaviour has nothing to do with Petty and getting him out , Have a word with yourself . I am just saying that you cannot go around accusing people of all sorts online and expect to get away with it and rightly so .
There are ways and means of making a stand without resorting to the libellous behaviour this old fool thought he would do .
It is not ok to make false accusations of a serious nature and think its perfectly fine as you are hiding behind your keyboard .
And nobody was bullied into making a retraction at all , He was told put up or shut up and as what the idiot posted was completely wrong and slanderous the right outcome was reached .
Bit of luck it will make other numpty`s out there think twice before posting such things online !
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 14:18]
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 02:19 - Apr 20 with 2998 viewsDewi1jack

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:14 - Apr 19 by dantheswansman

Me not condoning his behaviour has nothing to do with Petty and getting him out , Have a word with yourself . I am just saying that you cannot go around accusing people of all sorts online and expect to get away with it and rightly so .
There are ways and means of making a stand without resorting to the libellous behaviour this old fool thought he would do .
It is not ok to make false accusations of a serious nature and think its perfectly fine as you are hiding behind your keyboard .
And nobody was bullied into making a retraction at all , He was told put up or shut up and as what the idiot posted was completely wrong and slanderous the right outcome was reached .
Bit of luck it will make other numpty`s out there think twice before posting such things online !
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 14:18]

So you can't say "convicted rapist, or son of a convicted rapist" even if true?
Can you not say anything that's true?
is it better to avoid court, if the stress of a protracted battle may kill you, or seriously be detrimental to your health? Or is it better to go into court, hoping you may get through it ok, knowing you have health problems, just to prove a fact to someone who can afford to let a case run for a few years?
Have a word with yourself and learn the facts before attempting to defend something you obviously know sweet FA about.
Oystons are bullying fans, one of them currently awaiting the outcome of calling a fan a "retard" and hoping "he enjoys his special needs day out", ripping off their other shareholders ( try Valeri Belokon if you're struggling to find any info.)
Various papers have printed the comments made and the Oystons won't take them on. Comments repeated over the airwaves, no suing. Surprise surprise.

Edit.
I actually agree with you, that you can't say what you want and get away with it, if it's untrue.
Or make malicious/ threatening comments.
The fine line is that someone will always get upset by certain comments and it is going to be easy to cross into where it becomes extremely upsetting or worse, bullying to them.
I try not to and genuinely apologise if I ever have
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 2:31]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 09:19 - Apr 20 with 2902 viewsBloodyhills

Good grief, that's appalling. An apology from the old guy should have sufficed.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 2691 viewsdantheswansman

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 02:19 - Apr 20 by Dewi1jack

So you can't say "convicted rapist, or son of a convicted rapist" even if true?
Can you not say anything that's true?
is it better to avoid court, if the stress of a protracted battle may kill you, or seriously be detrimental to your health? Or is it better to go into court, hoping you may get through it ok, knowing you have health problems, just to prove a fact to someone who can afford to let a case run for a few years?
Have a word with yourself and learn the facts before attempting to defend something you obviously know sweet FA about.
Oystons are bullying fans, one of them currently awaiting the outcome of calling a fan a "retard" and hoping "he enjoys his special needs day out", ripping off their other shareholders ( try Valeri Belokon if you're struggling to find any info.)
Various papers have printed the comments made and the Oystons won't take them on. Comments repeated over the airwaves, no suing. Surprise surprise.

Edit.
I actually agree with you, that you can't say what you want and get away with it, if it's untrue.
Or make malicious/ threatening comments.
The fine line is that someone will always get upset by certain comments and it is going to be easy to cross into where it becomes extremely upsetting or worse, bullying to them.
I try not to and genuinely apologise if I ever have
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 2:31]

There are laws for a reason . This old fool did not follow the law and was rightly punished .Next time he want`s to shoot his mouth off , He might think twice and so may many others who have read about it .
Excellent result all around .
And if as you claim in your stupidity , that all the guy said was the truth , Then you are even more stupid than i first thought.
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 10:53 - Apr 21 with 2638 viewsraynor94

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 09:41 - Apr 21 by dantheswansman

There are laws for a reason . This old fool did not follow the law and was rightly punished .Next time he want`s to shoot his mouth off , He might think twice and so may many others who have read about it .
And if as you claim in your stupidity , that all the guy said was the truth , Then you are even more stupid than i first thought.

What a charming person you are

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:59 - Apr 21 with 2569 viewsScoobyWho

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 09:41 - Apr 21 by dantheswansman

Time and time again we read about people who have been convicted of certain offences, and I have read many headlines ' Father of racist John Terry jailed for drugs ' is one. ' Son of convicted drugs supplier is John Terry' is another. I think this guy probably thought that if its fact then it isn't an offence. I'm still to read what he has said and in what context and to see any adjudication from court that explains it.

Until then there can be no side to fall on.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 2539 viewsFlashberryjack

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 10:53 - Apr 21 by raynor94

What a charming person you are

Not

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 13:55 - Apr 21 with 2515 viewsblueytheblue

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 12:59 - Apr 21 by ScoobyWho

Time and time again we read about people who have been convicted of certain offences, and I have read many headlines ' Father of racist John Terry jailed for drugs ' is one. ' Son of convicted drugs supplier is John Terry' is another. I think this guy probably thought that if its fact then it isn't an offence. I'm still to read what he has said and in what context and to see any adjudication from court that explains it.

Until then there can be no side to fall on.

The examples you gave are not libellous.

If you read the apology made by the guy then you can read between the lines and have a fairly good guess as to what was said.

EDIT: Here's the apology in full. It's not difficult to work out what was alleged and why there's a very good chance it was pretty libellous.

Apology

Re: Blackpool Football Club Limited (“BFC”), Mr Owen Oyston and Mr Karl Oyston (together “the Oystons”)

On or about 18 April 2014, I published, by posting on my Facebook page, allegations concerning the Oystons and BFC.

I now regret making these allegations, I fully accept that they are false and I wish to sincerely apologise for them and also for the harm, distress and financial losses my comments have caused both BFC and the Oystons and I wish to unreservedly withdraw them.

I accept that my publication of the allegations on Facebook and in a manner which is readily accessible to users constitutes a very serious libel. It has injured the reputation of the Oystons and has caused them considerable embarrassment and distress.

It has damaged their reputation in business and it is considered to be grossly defamatory of the position of the Oystons within the Club, within the football hierarchy and within the football community in general, as well as within the local community for it to be even suggested that either or both of the Oystons were not only aware of such alleged activities but also that either or both of the Oystons actually condoned them.

In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should pay to BFC, by way of damages, costs, disbursements and interest and in full and final settlement of all matters in issue between myself and BFC and the Oystons, the sum of £20,000.00.

After a frank discussion with the Oystons, I acknowledge that they are both genuine fans of BFC and they and their families have only the best interests of BFC at heart. I recognise that BFC is now in a significantly healthier situation than when the Oyston family first became involved in it. I note that the combined net assets value at cost of Segesta and BFC were £32 million as at May 2014, compared with -£42,000 as at May 1987, when the Oystons took over BFC. I accept the Oyston family’s main objective is and always has been, for the financial stability and success for and of BFC.

I believe that whilst fans and management may sometimes have different views as to how best to replicate BFC’s recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.

Dated this 15 day of April 2015

Frank Knight
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 13:58]

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:46 - Apr 21 with 2484 viewsDafyddHuw

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 13:55 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

The examples you gave are not libellous.

If you read the apology made by the guy then you can read between the lines and have a fairly good guess as to what was said.

EDIT: Here's the apology in full. It's not difficult to work out what was alleged and why there's a very good chance it was pretty libellous.

Apology

Re: Blackpool Football Club Limited (“BFC”), Mr Owen Oyston and Mr Karl Oyston (together “the Oystons”)

On or about 18 April 2014, I published, by posting on my Facebook page, allegations concerning the Oystons and BFC.

I now regret making these allegations, I fully accept that they are false and I wish to sincerely apologise for them and also for the harm, distress and financial losses my comments have caused both BFC and the Oystons and I wish to unreservedly withdraw them.

I accept that my publication of the allegations on Facebook and in a manner which is readily accessible to users constitutes a very serious libel. It has injured the reputation of the Oystons and has caused them considerable embarrassment and distress.

It has damaged their reputation in business and it is considered to be grossly defamatory of the position of the Oystons within the Club, within the football hierarchy and within the football community in general, as well as within the local community for it to be even suggested that either or both of the Oystons were not only aware of such alleged activities but also that either or both of the Oystons actually condoned them.

In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should pay to BFC, by way of damages, costs, disbursements and interest and in full and final settlement of all matters in issue between myself and BFC and the Oystons, the sum of £20,000.00.

After a frank discussion with the Oystons, I acknowledge that they are both genuine fans of BFC and they and their families have only the best interests of BFC at heart. I recognise that BFC is now in a significantly healthier situation than when the Oyston family first became involved in it. I note that the combined net assets value at cost of Segesta and BFC were £32 million as at May 2014, compared with -£42,000 as at May 1987, when the Oystons took over BFC. I accept the Oyston family’s main objective is and always has been, for the financial stability and success for and of BFC.

I believe that whilst fans and management may sometimes have different views as to how best to replicate BFC’s recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.

Dated this 15 day of April 2015

Frank Knight
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 13:58]

Thanks for posting the apology. You must be a lot cleverer than me, because I couldn't read between the lines and have a fairly good guess as to what was said.
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 16:15 - Apr 21 with 2452 viewsblueytheblue

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:46 - Apr 21 by DafyddHuw

Thanks for posting the apology. You must be a lot cleverer than me, because I couldn't read between the lines and have a fairly good guess as to what was said.

;)

Think most people can fairly accurately guess what was said, involving supposition rather than evidence. Not going to spell it out directly here to avoid any legal s*** happening.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 16:56 - Apr 21 with 2418 viewsDewi1jack

There are legal regulations for those who have the money to go into a protracted court battle and there is no protection for those who cannot afford to, either through health or wealth.
And if you don't understand the difference, you really are far more stupid than you sound in your ramblings.
Oh and muppet, I suggest you learn the difference between Law and Legal, before you try insults. Or thinking- something you are clearly not capable of.
Try a little research for yourself, if you're capable of breathing and doing something else

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 2387 viewsblueytheblue

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 16:56 - Apr 21 by Dewi1jack

There are legal regulations for those who have the money to go into a protracted court battle and there is no protection for those who cannot afford to, either through health or wealth.
And if you don't understand the difference, you really are far more stupid than you sound in your ramblings.
Oh and muppet, I suggest you learn the difference between Law and Legal, before you try insults. Or thinking- something you are clearly not capable of.
Try a little research for yourself, if you're capable of breathing and doing something else

Given the apology and in specific one particular paragraph, it's pretty clear what the nature of the claims were.

It's not a "have money/don't have money" issue. It's about somebody believing they can make specific without evidence to back those claims up.

If the situation were reversed I've zero doubt people would be complaining about a rich owner being allowed to libel at will.

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 2362 viewsDull1Thomas

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 14:46 - Apr 21 by DafyddHuw

The wording that suggests / implies the seriousness of the comments are,
'... considerable embarrassment and distress. '

"... damaged their reputation in business'
" ... and it is considered to be grossly defamatory'

The letter would have been written or / scrutinised by a legal professional.

While not know ing what was written it was grave or the the wording of the apology would not have been so extreme (in legal terms).

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024