Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Britan in the Olympics 08:58 - Apr 18 with 3058 viewsphact0rri

So I was doing a bit of look seeing that they were putting Rugby sevens in the summer olympics, and how the GB qualification spot works, seems to be a bit better for all involved then what they are trying to do with Football.

Apparently if any of the home nations qualify, that team will secure the Great britan spot on the olympics. Now I wonder how come England is all in on this Team GB thing as apposed to going that route, which makes a bit more sense to me. Its a strange world when rugby FA's actually have a more realistic plan for how its to work. And i mean Rugby FA could just got the lazy route and table in a Lion's team for it.

Actually thinking on it, I'd be happy with a Great Britian qualifier competition and let the best national team be the one who gets the GB spot in the olympics... and am dumb founded by the vitriol that everyone but england has for a unified team. Seems like this would be a much simpler solution. And plus rally the UK in excitement for some of the old fun rivalries for a month or two.

I would suspect that scheduling would be the big problem for a qualifier with Euro matches and all. but its the Olympics, we should make it work. Thoughts?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Great Britan in the Olympics on 09:11 - Apr 18 with 3040 viewsMorganator100

You've got the bit about any of the home nations qualify, that team will secure the Great Britain spot on the Olympics all wrong.

The IOC will be asking the GB — the Home Unions concerned and the BOA — to nominate one of their national teams to act as Great Britain's qualifying side. As they were the highest ranked team, England were nominated by the Home Unions.

Read about it in here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/9722224/Rio-2016-Olympics-only-one-b
Great Britan in the Olympics on 09:20 - Apr 18 with 3034 viewsphact0rri

Great Britan in the Olympics on 09:11 - Apr 18 by Morganator100

You've got the bit about any of the home nations qualify, that team will secure the Great Britain spot on the Olympics all wrong.

The IOC will be asking the GB — the Home Unions concerned and the BOA — to nominate one of their national teams to act as Great Britain's qualifying side. As they were the highest ranked team, England were nominated by the Home Unions.

Read about it in here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/9722224/Rio-2016-Olympics-only-one-b

weird so Wikipedia is incorrect " o solve the problem of Great Britain competing as one union in the Olympics and as several in international rugby (England, Wales, Scotland), should one team qualify (England, Wales or Scotland) then Great Britain will be awarded a spot in the Olympic Games."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_sevens_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024