Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wealthy 16:58 - Apr 18 with 8507 viewsperchrockjack

Now come on ,lets have it.

Own home
continental holidays
cash in bank
no debt
Car (new)
nice garden
designer underwear

or is it more class bollux to keep us "the poorest part of the uk" as the lovery Leanne says

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wealthy on 08:47 - Apr 19 with 1650 viewsLord_Bony

Here's a serious question for the readers.

If someone offered you £100 million for your eyes would you take it? ?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wealthy on 08:51 - Apr 19 with 1640 viewsMervyn

Wealthy on 08:47 - Apr 19 by Lord_Bony

as long as the recipient wasnt a season ticket holder in legoland no probs
Wealthy on 08:57 - Apr 19 with 1627 viewsJackfath

No, but I would negotiate one eye for £40M.

Everyone's a winner then.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wealthy on 10:27 - Apr 19 with 1592 viewsperchrockjack

tommy..
Im strangled by my roots so you re utterly incorrect me ol mucker.

We were nt ppor and my father s family had money, my mother s not.

My roots are this...

Educate yourself

Work hard

Save

Don't complain, graft

Do not rely on anyone least of all the State.

You get kicked down, get up, this is what skippy needs to do .

Attitudes born of class will fail at some time in your life.

LOOSEN THE CHAINS let go of your roots , and grow your own life.

Finally, my dad, now 90 ,would have been mortified to see me bleeding all over an internet site about being unemployed and blaming it all on something .

Its a hard life and you have to dig in, do something you don't like to earn a living.
Having a welfare state TAKES THE FEAR AWAY which might be good, but it makes people ambivalent and flaccid ;lazy even ,because in many countries you live off what your earn and have no hand outs.

We would appear to some to be the best country in the world. We re not..

Im off ...

Wealthy on 12:24 - Apr 19 with 1559 viewsskippyjack

Wealthy on 10:27 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

tommy..

My roots are this...

Educate yourself

Work hard

Save

Don't complain, graft

Finally, my dad, now 90 ,would have been mortified to see me bleeding all over an internet site about being unemployed and blaming it all on something .

Its a hard life and you have to dig in, do something you don't like to earn a living.
Having a welfare state TAKES THE FEAR AWAY which might be good, but it makes people ambivalent and flaccid ;lazy even ,because in many countries you live off what your earn and have no hand outs.

Im off ...

I did educate myself..
I did work hard
I did save
I didn't complain
I don't want to rely on the state

Why did I get kicked down? I'm waiting for some ànswers.. I'm never going to get any though.. It's all my fault apparently..

My attitude was good.. Not so much anymore..

Do you have a sense of perspective perch?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wealthy on 14:25 - Apr 19 with 1540 viewsdgt73

Ffs. Are you been serious health comes before all the money in the world.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Wealthy on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 1540 viewsjack_lord

I've got a waterfall in my garden.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wealthy on 15:49 - Apr 19 with 1517 viewsStarsky

Wealthy on 17:12 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

Exactly and it was of course a rhetorical question.
Im waiting for those who overuse this pitiful misuse of a banal word to come up with something otherwise maybe they should simply just plead nverted snobbery.

You re too smart to be caught up Andrew.

I ve got a nice car, money in bank, have several holidays/breaks, nice new designed gardens and a spaning new driveway too-not done by any godblessyousir paddy with a tipper truck.

Do I feel wealthy ,in spirit yeah, in fiscal terms well no because I have to watch my money, unless those who ARE wealthy who can spend without questioning anything- that to me is wealthy.

Seems being raised in a small/rented house with parents who were manual workers makes you forever working class and thus envious and bitter towards anyone who has seemingly lots of money.

I d say generally "wealthy Swansea people would be living in Derwen Fawr, but in comparison to our fans in the south east they are paupers.

Reading your thread and the post I'm replying to has hit a few of my nerves because my situation is currently confusing and volatile.

I have no savings

I'm in my mid 50s and live in an end of terrace starter home That needs a lot of work, with no equity

I can't afford a trip next month because I got screwed by my employers.

I have NEVER been unemployed since leaving school at 16 with 4 CSEs

I am a fat bastad. However don't smoke or drink in excess.

I've only had about a months sick time in 40 years employment.

I have a company car but haven't had a pay rise in 10 years.

I've the best record in the UK for my company for the last 4 years but am the lowest paid.

I have been angry and confused recently but I'm coming to terms with my lot.

Good points:

I have the love of the most fantastic wife I was lucky enough to find.

I have 2 children who I absolutely adore and am immensely proud of.

Conclusion:

Richer than I ever thought possible.

God bless you Richie for this thread.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 15:51]

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Wealthy on 15:54 - Apr 19 with 1509 viewsAquinas

Wealthy on 10:27 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

tommy..

My roots are this...

Educate yourself

Work hard

Save

Don't complain, graft

Im off ...

Are you enjoying your state pension?
Wealthy on 16:03 - Apr 19 with 1489 viewsperchrockjack

This would be the pension I paid into for nigh on 50 yrs.

The one that some get who ve never fookn worked in their lives.

You don't enjoy pension, just thankful I ve reached it. That ok.

Perspective?..yep, maybe you should drag yourself out of that pit of self loathing and start a business yourself, you know do what many have done on here. Takes guts and balls as there is no safety net.

Plenty on here with large houses ,second homes, good jobs, lucrative contracts but note this site encourages bitterness envy and hates success, like most of this country. Nobody would dare to admit having done well.

My initial point was to highlight its impossible to quantify wealth thus rendering many posts pitifully envious.
It seems making money is a dirty business

Wealthy on 16:06 - Apr 19 with 1484 viewsLeonisGod

Wealthy on 15:49 - Apr 19 by Starsky

Reading your thread and the post I'm replying to has hit a few of my nerves because my situation is currently confusing and volatile.

I have no savings

I'm in my mid 50s and live in an end of terrace starter home That needs a lot of work, with no equity

I can't afford a trip next month because I got screwed by my employers.

I have NEVER been unemployed since leaving school at 16 with 4 CSEs

I am a fat bastad. However don't smoke or drink in excess.

I've only had about a months sick time in 40 years employment.

I have a company car but haven't had a pay rise in 10 years.

I've the best record in the UK for my company for the last 4 years but am the lowest paid.

I have been angry and confused recently but I'm coming to terms with my lot.

Good points:

I have the love of the most fantastic wife I was lucky enough to find.

I have 2 children who I absolutely adore and am immensely proud of.

Conclusion:

Richer than I ever thought possible.

God bless you Richie for this thread.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 15:51]

Sounds like you need to renegotiate on your salary there mate. Best record and lowest paid isn't right. It's great to put tho he's into perspective and realise what truly matters. But you still don't want to get screwed over.
Wealthy on 16:10 - Apr 19 with 1477 viewsStarsky

Wealthy on 16:06 - Apr 19 by LeonisGod

Sounds like you need to renegotiate on your salary there mate. Best record and lowest paid isn't right. It's great to put tho he's into perspective and realise what truly matters. But you still don't want to get screwed over.

My choice is to suck it up or leave.

That's what's on my mind today butt.

Have been 'negotiating' for 5 months.

Wealthy on 16:11 - Apr 19 with 1475 viewsperchrockjack

Stars.
Don't be angry.

If necessary ,change direction.

I did and took a gamble , I lol tell you face to face some time.

If I've offended accept my apologises but I get wound up over people self pitying...nobody in particular, but it's a British trait we can do without.

I have many friends who have nowt ,given nowt ,but made themselves ..

Wealthy on 17:08 - Apr 19 with 1451 viewslifelong

On the question of wealth and health, I knew a farmer from Pembrokeshire, he'd farmed the area all his life, ended up with three large farms, rented two of them out. He had a very large herd of cattle and many acres of land, growing crops.
He made an absolute fortune.
In his late fifties he was diagnosed with farmers lung disease, he passed away a few years later, I spoke to him three weeks before he died and he said, "what good is all the money, I've made, to me now?"
Wealthy on 17:12 - Apr 19 with 1445 viewsDarran

Wealthy on 17:08 - Apr 19 by lifelong

On the question of wealth and health, I knew a farmer from Pembrokeshire, he'd farmed the area all his life, ended up with three large farms, rented two of them out. He had a very large herd of cattle and many acres of land, growing crops.
He made an absolute fortune.
In his late fifties he was diagnosed with farmers lung disease, he passed away a few years later, I spoke to him three weeks before he died and he said, "what good is all the money, I've made, to me now?"

You've only got to look at McCartneys wife and George Harrison for that.

"Money Can't Buy Me Health"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wealthy on 17:45 - Apr 19 with 1271 viewsItchySphincter

Being self employed, this month I have a niceish house and reasonable car. Next month I might have nothing, materially.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wealthy on 17:54 - Apr 19 with 1264 viewsStarsky

Wealthy on 17:45 - Apr 19 by ItchySphincter

Being self employed, this month I have a niceish house and reasonable car. Next month I might have nothing, materially.

Maybe your sphincter might stop itching as well?

Wealthy on 23:12 - Apr 19 with 1208 viewsperchrockjack

So there we have it.

Wealth is subjective.

Wealthy on 01:23 - Apr 20 with 1188 viewsHumpty

Wealthy on 16:03 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

This would be the pension I paid into for nigh on 50 yrs.

The one that some get who ve never fookn worked in their lives.

You don't enjoy pension, just thankful I ve reached it. That ok.

Perspective?..yep, maybe you should drag yourself out of that pit of self loathing and start a business yourself, you know do what many have done on here. Takes guts and balls as there is no safety net.

Plenty on here with large houses ,second homes, good jobs, lucrative contracts but note this site encourages bitterness envy and hates success, like most of this country. Nobody would dare to admit having done well.

My initial point was to highlight its impossible to quantify wealth thus rendering many posts pitifully envious.
It seems making money is a dirty business

Well done you. You've gone out and worked and ended up with a tidy life like lot's of us. Well done Mr Perch.

However your views that any one who is poor in this country deserve it because they didn't try hard like you are disgusting. Simple as that. Some may be, most are not.

Also very worrying that Liverpool, a city with lots of deprivation, has been policed by people with this mindset for years.

I'm all right La, if you're not you deserve it because you're lazy.

Utterly disgusting.
Wealthy on 08:56 - Apr 20 with 1128 viewsperchrockjack

Hum.
Like night follows day you are utterly predicable, clearly unable to resist abusing a poster you don't like . Well fook you too sonny as you know nothing.

You clearly have issues which you ll have to solve.

Take a little advice though from an old sweat and have a loom at what is being posted then think .. as what you see is what necessariiy what you think it is.

Liverpool, as you keep on mentioning has many problems but its a tough uncompromising place and will survive. You roll with it don't ya la.

If you cannot handle what I post then either do one of ignore- its that simple la.

NOW THEN, back to topic

Wealthy on 09:04 - Apr 20 with 1121 viewsCottsy

Wealthy on 23:12 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

So there we have it.

Wealth is subjective.

Of course wealth is subjective.

If you have to make a choice between heating your home in the winter, paying your rent or feeding yourself or your child then you would probably consider someone who can scrape together enough money each month to do all of those things to be wealthy.

If your annual salary is upwards of £150,000 then I would say its pretty objective that you are wealthy.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Wealthy on 09:14 - Apr 20 with 1113 viewsperchrockjack

Agree cottsy and thanks for a good reply.

However 150K in the south east isn't as wealthy as it wold be in most parts of the UK.

Certainly, in the "poorest part of the uk" its big money BUT compared to the 150k per week many fooballers get... you see my point, (yep humpty Im talking to you here la)

I did know several in my last business that earned 100K easily but they pisssed much of it away.

You can earn modest money but be comfortable if your lifestyle is appropriate to what your earn. Trouble is,many live above their means and get themselves into unnecessary trouble. The CA and Debt Help people will be fully aware of what Im saying here.

My point was and is that we should take responsibility for our financial affairs and plan properly for the future whenever possible..

PENSIONS... for the chunts amongst you ,are paid for and not a gift. THERE ARE MANY many "working class" people who will have to work longer well in to their 60s to get their State Pension and I hope they "enjoy" it as acquinas would like .

Wealthy on 09:30 - Apr 20 with 1105 viewsJackSomething

Wealthy on 09:14 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

Agree cottsy and thanks for a good reply.

However 150K in the south east isn't as wealthy as it wold be in most parts of the UK.

Certainly, in the "poorest part of the uk" its big money BUT compared to the 150k per week many fooballers get... you see my point, (yep humpty Im talking to you here la)

I did know several in my last business that earned 100K easily but they pisssed much of it away.

You can earn modest money but be comfortable if your lifestyle is appropriate to what your earn. Trouble is,many live above their means and get themselves into unnecessary trouble. The CA and Debt Help people will be fully aware of what Im saying here.

My point was and is that we should take responsibility for our financial affairs and plan properly for the future whenever possible..

PENSIONS... for the chunts amongst you ,are paid for and not a gift. THERE ARE MANY many "working class" people who will have to work longer well in to their 60s to get their State Pension and I hope they "enjoy" it as acquinas would like .

150k as an annual salary would qualify as wealthy anywhere in the UK. The cost of living doesn't go up that much, even in London. Now if you want a big house, all the mod-cons, expensive holidays and eat in top restaurants regularly, then no, that money probably won't last long. But spending your money irresponsibly doesn't mean you're not wealthy.

Oh and stop comparing footballers' wages. Footballers (and many professional sportspeople) are paid on a level that can't be compared to the general population, much like actors. I'd also dispute 'many' footballers get £150k per week, more like the top 2-3% of professional players in this country at most.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wealthy on 09:59 - Apr 20 with 1093 viewsdickythorpe

What an unhappy lot we all are!! Trying to kid ourselves a bit in this thread arent we?
Each to their own and whatever ideology works for you then as long as you are a decent person, keep going along with it.
I know many who had feck all then made some wealth but are bitterly dour and unpleasnt people.
Then again I know wealthy people who would help you out in a heartbeat.
Then again I know "poor" people who are saints and I know "poor" who are scum.

People eh? Scourge of the planet.
Wealthy on 10:14 - Apr 20 with 1085 viewsperchrockjack

That's true enough dicky and GOD help me, its the point I was trying to make before it drifted into the usual personal digs.

Sorry, jacksomething I disagree.

Cost of living in London far greater than south Wales or the

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024