Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 19:24 - Apr 18 with 4426 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shelvey tried

That's about it

That's what my head says & of course I am wrong .

We had a go and failed miserably against the worst team in the league .

£30 million to spend in the summer .

Spend wisely , next season is the biggest ever

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Today on 17:27 - Apr 20 with 1223 viewsDafyddHuw

Today on 20:47 - Apr 19 by football2301

another c nt

Good analysis of the post.
Today on 18:32 - Apr 20 with 1179 viewsDavillin

Today on 17:27 - Apr 20 by DafyddHuw

Good analysis of the post.

Ah, don't say that.

It only encourages him; and it reveals the level of your own linguistic and critical acuity.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Today on 20:40 - Apr 20 with 1134 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Today on 15:42 - Apr 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

30 million to spend? OTT - where are you coming up with that number?

We got 25 million for Bony, of which some went to Vitesse, and we've already spent some on Cork, Naughton, and Grimes. Plus, good ole "infrastructure" will likely take a little. I was hoping we had maybe about 10 million left for summer shopping, tops.

We will sell a few and hopefully bring in better quality.
X 3 players .2f forwards,winger, left back

Spend big for quality , we will reap the rewards if we stay up next season then .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Today on 00:43 - Apr 21 with 1066 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Today on 20:40 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

We will sell a few and hopefully bring in better quality.
X 3 players .2f forwards,winger, left back

Spend big for quality , we will reap the rewards if we stay up next season then .

True, but I can't think of anybody I want to sell that we'll get anything significant for. Maybe Tremmel?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Today on 01:59 - Apr 21 with 1049 viewsdameedna

Today on 00:43 - Apr 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

True, but I can't think of anybody I want to sell that we'll get anything significant for. Maybe Tremmel?

We are under using a few players - Amat, Bartley, Emnes, Jazz, Grimes, Britton, Dyer, Barrow, Tremell, that's potentially a few that will opt to put in transfer requests, we shall see but I would try and keep them all together for another season. We also have Michu.

Based on today's perfromance, Shelvey is our best player and our two centre backs are settled in though neither of them does enough to be irreplaceable and should be rotated more.

The biggest improvement we need is in Gomis. He has shown enough to warrant a second season, just, though I hope he leaves, along with Nelson. Would like to see Bony back in and possibly Michu (fantasy).

We need to spend around another 30 million on two new strikers and a left back, or, if Gomis stays, 20 million.
Today on 01:59 - Apr 21 with 1048 viewsSwansNZ

Today on 00:43 - Apr 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

I don't think Gerry would fetch millions.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Today on 04:30 - Apr 21 with 1028 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Today on 01:59 - Apr 21 by dameedna

We are under using a few players - Amat, Bartley, Emnes, Jazz, Grimes, Britton, Dyer, Barrow, Tremell, that's potentially a few that will opt to put in transfer requests, we shall see but I would try and keep them all together for another season. We also have Michu.

Based on today's perfromance, Shelvey is our best player and our two centre backs are settled in though neither of them does enough to be irreplaceable and should be rotated more.

The biggest improvement we need is in Gomis. He has shown enough to warrant a second season, just, though I hope he leaves, along with Nelson. Would like to see Bony back in and possibly Michu (fantasy).

We need to spend around another 30 million on two new strikers and a left back, or, if Gomis stays, 20 million.

Thank you for the breakdown.

In my opinion, we can only part with one of Amat/Bartley/Jazz, unless they feel like we need to significantly tinker with our backs for some reason. We already badly need a left back as it is like you said. We have a fairly strong core group of at least 8 guys back there (including Pole in Goal) with strong chemistry, so I hope we don't eff with it more than the one addition.

Grimes and Barrow are still too brand new (and in Barrow's case a work in progress) to say they are being underutilized just yet. Both of them will likely be only the inevitable injury or two away from being called on to start next season, over/under I put around late October/early November.

Leon - can't imagine we'd get enough money for the almost 33, wounded shell of him that would make it worth losing his leadership and aura and karma and the wrath of the football gods who have blessed Swansea. Unless it's completely his choice and desire to leave. And then we still try to talk him out of it.

If Dyer, Trem, and a backup defender are worth all that much, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Let's say we successfully bring back everyone (including Gomis) but those three and the guys we return from loan. In that case, figuring out a way to get a fairly healthy, mentally-correct Michu back would be THE huge thing to pray for. While it sounds unlikely, he's still only 29. He should have all the motivation in the world to do his part to make it happen, if he's smart enough to know his other options. And, unless he wants the question "what if?" and the phrase "one hit wonder" forever cemented to his legacy.

If we need to spend 20-30 mill and throw Michu (who's-it would seem-down to a bargain basement price at this moment) onto the sale pile, we're probably going to need to be willing to go into some debt, I think. If my Michu prayer is answered: then, we can spend less than 20, stay in the black, and still have a much better team for it.

Tiendalli and Donnelly are two guys buried deep enough that I'd like for us to see what spare change can get. Better for all parties.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Today on 04:32 - Apr 21 with 1027 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Today on 01:59 - Apr 21 by SwansNZ

I don't think Gerry would fetch millions.

Yep, true. But who do we want to part with that is?

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 07:31 - Apr 21 with 991 viewsSwansNZ

Today on 04:32 - Apr 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yep, true. But who do we want to part with that is?

We need decent players in the left back, winger and striker positions, I'd say as top priority. We should be able to get good players for 20 million in total, which I don't see as too much, and no need to sell anyone.

Who knows what we have planned. Could be we want to cash in on either Jonjo or Ki (I hope not). Just the diamond formation GM is playing, could be that he is trying to fit in all these good midfield players, by ditching a winger. I'd rather revert to the old formation, and if we play with 2 wingers, maybe we have too many midfielders - especially as we have Grimes and Fulton to come in, plus Leon of course.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Today on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 966 viewsWhiterockin

Today on 07:31 - Apr 21 by SwansNZ

We need decent players in the left back, winger and striker positions, I'd say as top priority. We should be able to get good players for 20 million in total, which I don't see as too much, and no need to sell anyone.

Who knows what we have planned. Could be we want to cash in on either Jonjo or Ki (I hope not). Just the diamond formation GM is playing, could be that he is trying to fit in all these good midfield players, by ditching a winger. I'd rather revert to the old formation, and if we play with 2 wingers, maybe we have too many midfielders - especially as we have Grimes and Fulton to come in, plus Leon of course.

Personally speaking, if in the summer we cleared some dead wood and brought in a left back, winger and striker I would be happy. if we were to loose any players that Monk wanted to keep (like Ki), obviously we would need to replace.
Today on 08:42 - Apr 21 with 962 viewsJackSomething

Today on 07:31 - Apr 21 by SwansNZ

If the links with Fuchs and Ayew are true, we may fill two of those needs with free transfers, although I appreciate that means bigger signing-on fees and wages.

I like that we're signing quality players from around Europe, but I hope we're looking at younger players in the Championship too. I'm thinking of the success of the likes of Cresswell, Ings and Trippier this season. Cresswell cost West Ham less than £4m and is now being linked with Chelsea for £20m. There has to be more bargains to be had.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Today on 14:35 - Apr 21 with 885 viewsdameedna

Today on 04:30 - Apr 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Thank you for the breakdown.

In my opinion, we can only part with one of Amat/Bartley/Jazz, unless they feel like we need to significantly tinker with our backs for some reason. We already badly need a left back as it is like you said. We have a fairly strong core group of at least 8 guys back there (including Pole in Goal) with strong chemistry, so I hope we don't eff with it more than the one addition.

Grimes and Barrow are still too brand new (and in Barrow's case a work in progress) to say they are being underutilized just yet. Both of them will likely be only the inevitable injury or two away from being called on to start next season, over/under I put around late October/early November.

Leon - can't imagine we'd get enough money for the almost 33, wounded shell of him that would make it worth losing his leadership and aura and karma and the wrath of the football gods who have blessed Swansea. Unless it's completely his choice and desire to leave. And then we still try to talk him out of it.

If Dyer, Trem, and a backup defender are worth all that much, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Let's say we successfully bring back everyone (including Gomis) but those three and the guys we return from loan. In that case, figuring out a way to get a fairly healthy, mentally-correct Michu back would be THE huge thing to pray for. While it sounds unlikely, he's still only 29. He should have all the motivation in the world to do his part to make it happen, if he's smart enough to know his other options. And, unless he wants the question "what if?" and the phrase "one hit wonder" forever cemented to his legacy.

If we need to spend 20-30 mill and throw Michu (who's-it would seem-down to a bargain basement price at this moment) onto the sale pile, we're probably going to need to be willing to go into some debt, I think. If my Michu prayer is answered: then, we can spend less than 20, stay in the black, and still have a much better team for it.

Tiendalli and Donnelly are two guys buried deep enough that I'd like for us to see what spare change can get. Better for all parties.

Interesting...Donnelly and Tiendalli, can't see them featuring again, others like Lucas and Alfei, was hoping would do better by now, seems a big ask. Michu is a good one to ponder though I suspect he is gone for good. 20-30 M to spend would be good support for the manager who is not shy of strengthening.
Today on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 881 viewsLord_Bony

Don't forget Monk will be talking to his old team mate MICHU soon.

If he's up for it and can be persuaded to stay we could have a good option there for free.

Or maybe not...watch this space.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024