Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 19:24 - Apr 18 with 4430 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shelvey tried

That's about it

That's what my head says & of course I am wrong .

We had a go and failed miserably against the worst team in the league .

£30 million to spend in the summer .

Spend wisely , next season is the biggest ever

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Today on 19:30 - Apr 18 with 2732 viewsHuw57

The only bit of quality that was displayed is that game today was from Sigurdsson, and that was limited.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Today on 19:51 - Apr 18 with 2678 viewsfootball2301

Today on 19:30 - Apr 18 by Huw57

The only bit of quality that was displayed is that game today was from Sigurdsson, and that was limited.

siggy was shite for 90 mins
Today on 19:56 - Apr 18 with 2660 viewsHuw57

Today on 19:51 - Apr 18 by football2301

siggy was shite for 90 mins

Obviously weren't watching the game then.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Today on 20:01 - Apr 18 with 2632 viewsfootball2301

Today on 19:56 - Apr 18 by Huw57

Obviously weren't watching the game then.

the whole 9o mins and he was garbage
Today on 20:03 - Apr 18 with 2616 viewsshandyjack

Today on 20:01 - Apr 18 by football2301

the whole 9o mins and he was garbage

I watched same game as you, he would be getting pelters if he was named JJS not do no wrong Gylfi

Poll: Expectation for the season

Today on 20:13 - Apr 18 with 2586 viewsfootball2301

Today on 20:03 - Apr 18 by shandyjack

I watched same game as you, he would be getting pelters if he was named JJS not do no wrong Gylfi

i think he's been poor for a while maybe carrying a knock but ki been off as well last few
Today on 20:21 - Apr 18 with 2560 viewsDull1Thomas

Jonjo was not as bad as usual but he was poor, Siggy hasn't played well for weeks and that means Ki is overworked. I thought Cork had a poor game as last week but he is having to deal with his own work load and much of what Shelvey should be picking up.
Again it looked like we were set up not to lose.

In fact we were given a football lesson by Leicester - just be thankful they only scored 2.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Today on 20:26 - Apr 18 with 2543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Your avatar tells me you're a bit biased towards the big Icelandic sh*thouse. Whereas obviously I am not

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 20:42 - Apr 18 with 2494 viewsfootball2301

Today on 20:21 - Apr 18 by Dull1Thomas

Jonjo was not as bad as usual but he was poor, Siggy hasn't played well for weeks and that means Ki is overworked. I thought Cork had a poor game as last week but he is having to deal with his own work load and much of what Shelvey should be picking up.
Again it looked like we were set up not to lose.

In fact we were given a football lesson by Leicester - just be thankful they only scored 2.

hahahahahahahahaha
Today on 11:06 - Apr 19 with 2190 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who had most shots at goal and on target?
Today on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 2125 viewsjruss1

A few shots on goal don't make up for Shelvey giving the ball away needlessly all the time. People seem to think Siggy gets away with bad performances but Jonjo has his own blinkered fan club as well. I'm still trying to work out how he won MOTM last week. Siggy hasn't played well since we started this diamond and until we change it we'l get nothing from him.
Today on 12:01 - Apr 19 with 2115 viewsStarsky

... Jonjo Shelvey may be Marmite on here for some (me in the past)

I tell you what though. Shelvey & Fabianski are the only 2 players not getting their deck chairs out.

If he still here next Season (and I have no reason to say otherwise) Shelvey is going to have his best season as a pro footballer. bookmark this page. My favourite Swans player, there I said it!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 12:01]

It's just the internet, init.

Today on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 2094 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Today on 12:01 - Apr 19 by Starsky

... Jonjo Shelvey may be Marmite on here for some (me in the past)

I tell you what though. Shelvey & Fabianski are the only 2 players not getting their deck chairs out.

If he still here next Season (and I have no reason to say otherwise) Shelvey is going to have his best season as a pro footballer. bookmark this page. My favourite Swans player, there I said it!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 12:01]

After his rather public b*llocking he's really knuckled down and tried hard. Leighton James commented on the radio yesterday that he tried too many "Hollywood" balls and only one came off. If he could learn to use the shorter pass when it's on more effectively he'd be a massive player, not just for us but the PL as a whole. And he seems to love it here so I'm in the Fanclub too.

I was harsh on Gylfi, he's not a sh*thouse of any kind and I take that all back. But he frustrates me as much as JJS frustrates others. I don't know what it is , is it a perceived lack of effort from my point of view or maybe he disappears when we get under the cosh? I will say that he's the least likely Swans player to win a tackle though

Today on 12:43 - Apr 19 with 2064 viewsStarsky

Today on 12:13 - Apr 19 by Brynmill_Jack

After his rather public b*llocking he's really knuckled down and tried hard. Leighton James commented on the radio yesterday that he tried too many "Hollywood" balls and only one came off. If he could learn to use the shorter pass when it's on more effectively he'd be a massive player, not just for us but the PL as a whole. And he seems to love it here so I'm in the Fanclub too.

I was harsh on Gylfi, he's not a sh*thouse of any kind and I take that all back. But he frustrates me as much as JJS frustrates others. I don't know what it is , is it a perceived lack of effort from my point of view or maybe he disappears when we get under the cosh? I will say that he's the least likely Swans player to win a tackle though

Good post.

Your last paragraph...

When the going gets tough... One gets stuck in the other doesn't.

Shelvey is Shelvey. Either let him continue to do what he does or he isn't the player for you.

He's like a fit Ferrie Bodde

It's just the internet, init.

Today on 13:07 - Apr 19 with 2037 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Today on 12:43 - Apr 19 by Starsky

Good post.

Your last paragraph...

When the going gets tough... One gets stuck in the other doesn't.

Shelvey is Shelvey. Either let him continue to do what he does or he isn't the player for you.

He's like a fit Ferrie Bodde

Good analogy there, he has the vision but no quite the execution that Bodde had. I think it's largely down to his own impatience but somebody should remind him that he's only 21/22 and has years left to perfect his game, let the force flow and not force it, if you know what I mean.

Today on 18:53 - Apr 19 with 1898 viewsDavillin

Today on 11:06 - Apr 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Who had most shots at goal and on target?

. . . and scored with none of them, thus giving possession over to Leicester every time?

[edit]: Sorry, jruss, I posted this before I saw that you already said much the same thing. I leave it up anyway in support.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 18:56]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Today on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 1820 viewsfootball2301

Today on 11:55 - Apr 19 by jruss1

A few shots on goal don't make up for Shelvey giving the ball away needlessly all the time. People seem to think Siggy gets away with bad performances but Jonjo has his own blinkered fan club as well. I'm still trying to work out how he won MOTM last week. Siggy hasn't played well since we started this diamond and until we change it we'l get nothing from him.

another c nt
Today on 20:51 - Apr 19 with 1805 viewsfootball2301

Today on 18:53 - Apr 19 by Davillin

. . . and scored with none of them, thus giving possession over to Leicester every time?

[edit]: Sorry, jruss, I posted this before I saw that you already said much the same thing. I leave it up anyway in support.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 18:56]

another complete c nt
Today on 09:17 - Apr 20 with 1694 viewsJackSomething

Today on 20:51 - Apr 19 by football2301

another complete c nt

When it comes to Shelvey, Dav has serious issues. As Swift said, 'There are none so blind as those who will not see.'

(Just throwing in a literary quote there as I know Dav loves that. )

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Today on 10:40 - Apr 20 with 1647 viewsperchrockjack

Wasn't that a RAY Stevens song

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Today on 10:48 - Apr 20 with 1633 viewsmonmouth

Today on 09:17 - Apr 20 by JackSomething

When it comes to Shelvey, Dav has serious issues. As Swift said, 'There are none so blind as those who will not see.'

On the betting for Swans next manager, JJS is 100-1. Lump on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Today on 14:29 - Apr 20 with 1554 viewsDavillin

Today on 09:17 - Apr 20 by JackSomething

Please be assured that this entire post is written courteously and without any unpleasant intent. I wish you'd stop saying that I have "serious issues" with Shelvey.

I've watched him play and made two statistical studies that showed conclusively that his real contributions to the team are negligible [more negatives than positives], and are greatly overstated by a handful of posters who see what they want to see. [Including one who calls any poster who points that out a c*nt].

I've long since stopped "watching him play" and keeping track of his give-away propensities, but it appears that every other time I see him on the screen, or hear a commentator mention his name, he's giving the ball away. He has dozens of clever ways of doing that. Watch for yourself during the next game he plays before you accuse me of having "serious issues."

Other posters see the same things that I see, but are not called names or accused of having "serious issues" with him.

p.s. That's not a "literary quote." More of an old saw. Can you cite a literary source for it?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Today on 14:37 - Apr 20 with 1545 viewsJackSomething

Today on 14:29 - Apr 20 by Davillin

Please be assured that this entire post is written courteously and without any unpleasant intent. I wish you'd stop saying that I have "serious issues" with Shelvey.

I've watched him play and made two statistical studies that showed conclusively that his real contributions to the team are negligible [more negatives than positives], and are greatly overstated by a handful of posters who see what they want to see. [Including one who calls any poster who points that out a c*nt].

I've long since stopped "watching him play" and keeping track of his give-away propensities, but it appears that every other time I see him on the screen, or hear a commentator mention his name, he's giving the ball away. He has dozens of clever ways of doing that. Watch for yourself during the next game he plays before you accuse me of having "serious issues."

Other posters see the same things that I see, but are not called names or accused of having "serious issues" with him.

p.s. That's not a "literary quote." More of an old saw. Can you cite a literary source for it?

Polite Conversation by Jonathan Swift from 1738. Although as you say, it's not really a literary quote as it evolved from a proverb. I liked it regardless.

I seem to have spent the morning picking fights on this forum, so perhaps it's just the way I'm feeling today.

Let's just say my accusation of serious issues goes back to your unwillingness to acknowledge his goal against Aston Villa was in any way the piece of brilliance it obviously was.

I would politely suggest that this is evidence that both sides see what they want to see when it comes to Shelvey. Although I agree that the poster you mention takes it to extremes.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Today on 15:42 - Apr 20 with 1496 viewsTummer_from_Texas

30 million to spend? OTT - where are you coming up with that number?

We got 25 million for Bony, of which some went to Vitesse, and we've already spent some on Cork, Naughton, and Grimes. Plus, good ole "infrastructure" will likely take a little. I was hoping we had maybe about 10 million left for summer shopping, tops.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Today on 16:09 - Apr 20 with 1471 viewsSwan91

Today on 15:42 - Apr 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

30 million to spend? OTT - where are you coming up with that number?

We got 25 million for Bony, of which some went to Vitesse, and we've already spent some on Cork, Naughton, and Grimes. Plus, good ole "infrastructure" will likely take a little. I was hoping we had maybe about 10 million left for summer shopping, tops.

I reckon we will sign Ayew out of contract and then spend 7-8 million on 3-4 positions (left back/another striker/and a winger depending on how things go. (even though I would like us to get a replacement for tremmel aswell)

but then again depends if we sell gomis or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024