Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Got In 21:02 - Apr 18 with 1773 viewsunion_jack

no, not back from Leicester but from where I saw the game.

I made the point last week that this game would be extremely difficult and that I expected to lose.

Someone replied that we are Swansea City, 8th in the table and that we should go to Leicester and claim the three points.

Others added similarly to this.

Unfortunately, these posters have absolutely NO IDEA about the psychology of sport whatsoever. They are a club fighting for their lives. They were always going to want it more than us given our position. Any amount of chest beating or Churchillian speeches wouldn't have made a scrap of difference to our performance. Did our players go out with conscious apathy? Absolutely not but you can't muster adrenaline just like that. It needs something, for instance the threat of relegation, to get it going. Add that to a bit of momentum and you have a potent mix.

Why on earth do you think the last 6 games of the season throw up results you wouldn't ordinarily see mid season.

Am I happy to be right? Absolutely not but I knew with a great degree of certainty this result was on the cards today.

N.B, I didn't think we played too badly but Leicester played that much better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Just Got In on 21:42 - Apr 18 with 1712 viewss1ackjack

They certainly showed from the off that they wanted it more.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Just Got In on 22:41 - Apr 18 with 1599 viewsRancid

Burnley were fighting for their lives and we turned them over at theirs. We're missing Gomis that's all or a proper striker.Oliviera won't score us goals.
Just Got In on 22:50 - Apr 18 with 1573 viewsDr_Winston

Just Got In on 22:41 - Apr 18 by Rancid

Burnley were fighting for their lives and we turned them over at theirs. We're missing Gomis that's all or a proper striker.Oliviera won't score us goals.

Oliveira had nothing to work with.

I'm not particularly convinced that he has anything like the quality required to fill in for Bafe, but he got about as much support as Cardiff will next season today.

Leicester just wanted it more. They worked harder than us and they attacked with more pace and intent than we did.

Any player we had upfront would have been living off scraps. Maybe Wilf would have made a difference but I doubt the result would have changed even if Gomis had played.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just Got In on 23:17 - Apr 18 with 1499 viewsjack_lord

For the reason that the OP mentioned, I did not even bother wearing my lucky socks today.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Just Got In on 09:00 - Apr 19 with 1353 viewsABERSWAN

I hope Leicester go on now and stay up at the expense of Sunderland or Villa. They might have been bottom,most of the season,but every time I see them on Match of the day,they never get thumped by anyone,and are far more exciting to watch,than boring Sunderland. I think Cambiaso has been an excellent signing.
Just Got In on 09:36 - Apr 19 with 1302 viewsDr_Winston

Just Got In on 09:00 - Apr 19 by ABERSWAN

I hope Leicester go on now and stay up at the expense of Sunderland or Villa. They might have been bottom,most of the season,but every time I see them on Match of the day,they never get thumped by anyone,and are far more exciting to watch,than boring Sunderland. I think Cambiaso has been an excellent signing.

Rather see Burnley and Leicester survive ahead of Sunderland or Hull.

Obviously goes without saying that everyone wants to see QPR go down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just Got In on 10:34 - Apr 19 with 1230 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Funny, nobody mentions how good their keeper was, he saved a couple of excellent shots from Shelvey, which also don't get a mention.
Just Got In on 13:18 - Apr 19 with 1148 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just Got In on 10:34 - Apr 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Funny, nobody mentions how good their keeper was, he saved a couple of excellent shots from Shelvey, which also don't get a mention.

I agree with this. We had quite a few shots on targets and just as many as them, if not more. I suspected we had the lions share of possession. We had one piece of possession which was typical of those instances where MOTD had to speed up the camera to show the passage of play. Their goals were a defensive mistake and a keeper fumble. Had Scmichael's last ditch save not come off them it could have easily been different. Not as a bad a performance as many are making out.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024