Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
670 people die in a capsized boat. 09:02 - Apr 19 with 6506 viewsJackfath

Horrific. However my point is this is holding the same weight on the news this morning as the complete and utter idiot Clarkson who is now blaming his fracas on stress due to a cancer scare.

I am ashamed that the media feed the red top loving public this sort of crap.

Society is broken.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:02 - Apr 20 with 1672 viewsDarran

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 11:10 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

Not that Im an ordinary man but dgt has a good point; ther s nowt we can do but it shows how desperate these people are and THAT is why its so sad.

Drowning, I may be wrong, doesn't seem a good death .

What we have to ask ourselves is why their countries are so Poor and Vulnerable, which brings me back to the "poor and vulnerable" people Lovely leannne goes on about.

We are ALL wealthy in relation to these poor bleeders.

Exactly Richard we don't know how lucky we are and there's no reason not to be sympathetic and show some compassion to this horrendous tragedy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:25 - Apr 20 with 1660 viewsperchrockjack

lts also a case of us not really understanding what poverty is.

Deprivation is not being unable to buy the latest gizmo for a callow bored out of his skull kid .

Really, we re truly clueless and its actually very insulting to Mankind to even suggest we have the poverty REAL poverty in this country that that people in Africa face.
It makes me so fookn angry to hear politicians go on and on about it .Its disgusting really that politicians use this word for political ends

Poverty as well as wealth is relative

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:35 - Apr 20 with 1651 viewsJackSomething

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:25 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

lts also a case of us not really understanding what poverty is.

Deprivation is not being unable to buy the latest gizmo for a callow bored out of his skull kid .

Really, we re truly clueless and its actually very insulting to Mankind to even suggest we have the poverty REAL poverty in this country that that people in Africa face.
It makes me so fookn angry to hear politicians go on and on about it .Its disgusting really that politicians use this word for political ends

Poverty as well as wealth is relative

So you're saying we shouldn't feel sympathy or outrage when an OAP in this country dies in the winter because they can only afford to heat their home for a small percentage of the day because people have it worse in Africa?

No offence Perch, but that makes no sense. There is very real poverty in this country (there are other forms of poverty other than economic poverty also) and pretending there isn't is just bonkers to me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 1641 viewsperchrockjack

JS

Sorry but where have I even suggested that.

Come on son.

My parents are 88/90 ,my wife s is 87, so Im sorry you are out of order by suggesting I did.

I stand by what I said about people in this country not being I the same poverty league as those in many African countries which was my point. You seem to have gone off at a tangent. I wasn't very good at Geometry but not that bad.

jeesh

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 1629 viewsJackSomething

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:45 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

JS

Sorry but where have I even suggested that.

Come on son.

My parents are 88/90 ,my wife s is 87, so Im sorry you are out of order by suggesting I did.

I stand by what I said about people in this country not being I the same poverty league as those in many African countries which was my point. You seem to have gone off at a tangent. I wasn't very good at Geometry but not that bad.

jeesh

You said it's insulting to suggest we talk about poverty in this country. I gave an example of poverty in this country.

So I'd say that's exactly what you suggested. Obviously the situation facing many in Africa is worse relatively, but poverty is relative. You've written that yourself, but I'm not sure you particularly understand it.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 14:22 - Apr 20 with 1607 viewsicecoldjack

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 12:35 - Apr 20 by JackSomething

So you're saying we shouldn't feel sympathy or outrage when an OAP in this country dies in the winter because they can only afford to heat their home for a small percentage of the day because people have it worse in Africa?

No offence Perch, but that makes no sense. There is very real poverty in this country (there are other forms of poverty other than economic poverty also) and pretending there isn't is just bonkers to me.

Which was one of my main points.
We all agreed it was a tragedy, of course it was but as a country and population we have far pressing matters of our own, only when we fix our problems can we lend a hand to others.

There seems to be more sympathy to others than to our own people at times, it's non PC to think about your own countries needs first it seems.

I gave examples of poverty in the UK these last few years where many thousands of people have died but nobody seems concerned enough to raise the point at any level.

Charity begins at home, and there are many that need it too.
670 people die in a capsized boat. on 14:55 - Apr 20 with 1583 viewsDarran

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 14:22 - Apr 20 by icecoldjack

Which was one of my main points.
We all agreed it was a tragedy, of course it was but as a country and population we have far pressing matters of our own, only when we fix our problems can we lend a hand to others.

There seems to be more sympathy to others than to our own people at times, it's non PC to think about your own countries needs first it seems.

I gave examples of poverty in the UK these last few years where many thousands of people have died but nobody seems concerned enough to raise the point at any level.

Charity begins at home, and there are many that need it too.

Yuk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:19 - Apr 20 with 1528 viewsskippyjack

We have pumped billions into Africa.. Or have we?.. Sex education should be the main priority.. We give enough stick towards our own breeding children and claiming.. Bringing 10 kids into a poverty stricken warzone isn't helping anyone.. Get Condoms in Africa.. No other Country in the World is taking more migrants/asylum seekers than us..

The fact my family have put into this system for generations.. Yet I'm struggling to get on in life.. And asylum seekers are getting preference over me.. It's not fair.. It's not on.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:28 - Apr 20 with 1517 viewsexiledclaseboy

By no measuring method or stretch of anyone's imagination does Britain have more immigrants/asylum seekers than any country in the world. Not even close.

Poll: Tory leader

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:30 - Apr 20 with 1513 viewsskippyjack

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:28 - Apr 20 by exiledclaseboy

By no measuring method or stretch of anyone's imagination does Britain have more immigrants/asylum seekers than any country in the world. Not even close.

Learn to read for f*ck sake..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:41 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewsperchrockjack

Ms.
I understand perfectly and it is relative...

Look at what I posted again and see it another way.

I am poor compared with people 5mins away from me.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 08:51 - Apr 21 with 1442 viewsJackSomething

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:41 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

Ms.
I understand perfectly and it is relative...

Look at what I posted again and see it another way.

I am poor compared with people 5mins away from me.

You may have less money than people 5 minutes away from you, that doesn't make you poor. You're distorting the meaning of the word trying to prove your point.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 08:59 - Apr 21 with 1427 viewsLeonisGod

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 20:19 - Apr 20 by skippyjack

We have pumped billions into Africa.. Or have we?.. Sex education should be the main priority.. We give enough stick towards our own breeding children and claiming.. Bringing 10 kids into a poverty stricken warzone isn't helping anyone.. Get Condoms in Africa.. No other Country in the World is taking more migrants/asylum seekers than us..

The fact my family have put into this system for generations.. Yet I'm struggling to get on in life.. And asylum seekers are getting preference over me.. It's not fair.. It's not on.

Skip, well over 30,000 people have been killed in the Liyan wars since 2011. I'm not belittling your situation at all, but compared to been blown up, shot at, having members of your family & friends slaughtered in front of your eyes and being hunted down by vigilante groups just because of what you believe, I'd say you've got the better deal.
670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:10 - Apr 21 with 1423 viewsLeonisGod

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 21:49 - Apr 19 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Died trying to get a better life it's been claimed???

It's not necessary - why do they all seem to come to Europe? Why aren't the other african states or even arab states intervened? Oh yeah, nobody has really thought of this right? All too busy trying to claim that we are to blame.

There's a simple answer to this problem so nobody has to drown trying to get to Italy - the gateway to Europe..... force Africa and the Arab states to sort themselves out! How much longer can we continue to take in these migrants, who are NOT asylum seekers !?

Not being inhumane here - it's a sad loss of life. But it's also unnecessary. I'm simply being realistic here.

On the flip-side, the UK has one of the weakest systems for catching illegal immigrants and who's only intention is to make more money than they would at home and fleece the UK taxpayers. It's as straightforward as that in many instances.

If you want to know another home truth - if people are trying to escape poverty and starvation, why not sell all assets for Europe's churches such as gold and profits - afterall, their ideology is all about helping the poor is it not... the money made will likely pay off third world debt and help towards a better world where people can feed themselves. It's a fact that the church (Vatican) holds assets that would, in today's terms, solve world hunger.

There's many reasons why these people want to come to Europe. How long for, and why should we continue to take these in though? There are limits!

(Expecting a flurry of downvotes now from self-righteous liberals)

'We' have tried forcing them. The latest conflict largely arises from US military action to support the uprising against Gaddafi in 2011. As with Iraq and many other occasions throughout history, we've meddled to remove a strong regime and left an inevitable power vacuum that is now being filled by militant islamic extremists.

I'm not saying Gaddafi or Sadam were good people or their methods to keep order were at all acceptable. But we've disrupted strong regimes time and again because they don't conform to our ideals and never learnt from the experiences. There needs to be another way.

(Also, agree about the Church - but it will never sell off its assets because its more interested in power and control)
670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:18 - Apr 21 with 1417 viewsperchrockjack

Good morning JACKSOMETHING..
Nope, me ol mucker, youre wrong -again.

NOT GUILTY

I am/was trying to illustrate poverty is relative. Your example of OAP was an attempt by you to prove YOUR point.

Richer means ,surely, more than
Poorer means less than.

Anyway, the far more lovely than leanne EstherMcVey is all over the place today as is the Conservative machine. ,btw, Milliband was here last week.

She faces a tough job. There are constituants of hers with millions , thousands, hundreds, and very little apart from a vast stack of DVDs... so it ll be a fun fight

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:25 - Apr 21 with 1416 viewsskippyjack

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 08:59 - Apr 21 by LeonisGod

Skip, well over 30,000 people have been killed in the Liyan wars since 2011. I'm not belittling your situation at all, but compared to been blown up, shot at, having members of your family & friends slaughtered in front of your eyes and being hunted down by vigilante groups just because of what you believe, I'd say you've got the better deal.

Why is Labour giving them preference? Why isn't Labour educating me towards a significant standard? Why are they leaving me rot due to incompetent, unfaithful, dishonest teaching methods?.. they're seriously blaming it on money and resources?.. no.. let the less affluent be unaware of the plights other countries face.. diagnose us with illnesses that don't exist.. leading us astray with misinformed bollocks.. separating communities and families into certain groups? delaying my progress due to incompetent, lazy 'warped' educated pillocks.. the fact is.. you don't want us under classes finding out the real issues.. you don't want me to progress.. Labour have been holding me back and scapegoating me since 14 years old.. why? i want answers?

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:29 - Apr 21 with 1413 viewsperchrockjack

Simple Questions

Are you serious

HOW OLD ARE YOU

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:42 - Apr 21 with 1405 viewsLeonisGod

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:25 - Apr 21 by skippyjack

Why is Labour giving them preference? Why isn't Labour educating me towards a significant standard? Why are they leaving me rot due to incompetent, unfaithful, dishonest teaching methods?.. they're seriously blaming it on money and resources?.. no.. let the less affluent be unaware of the plights other countries face.. diagnose us with illnesses that don't exist.. leading us astray with misinformed bollocks.. separating communities and families into certain groups? delaying my progress due to incompetent, lazy 'warped' educated pillocks.. the fact is.. you don't want us under classes finding out the real issues.. you don't want me to progress.. Labour have been holding me back and scapegoating me since 14 years old.. why? i want answers?

One thing you can't blame Labour for is a lack of support for education. You've had free education until 16, a massive expansion of University places under Blair's Labour and subsidised Uni tuition fees under a Labour Assembly (assuming you're Welsh). The opportunities are there for those who want to take them but people also have to take personal responsibility.
670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 1393 viewsperchrockjack

Your life is your own and you live and fall by your efforts.
Ive always believed this.

It could be argued the welfare state waters this down and makes us lazy.

If you want to eat in many countries, you work, you find it and its out there but you don't find it looking downwards

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 1389 viewsyescomeon

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 09:59 - Apr 21 by perchrockjack

Your life is your own and you live and fall by your efforts.
Ive always believed this.

It could be argued the welfare state waters this down and makes us lazy.

If you want to eat in many countries, you work, you find it and its out there but you don't find it looking downwards

I agree completely with your first sentence. It is not possible to control everything that happens in life, there should be a safety net. There will always be a minority that abuse the system but they are a minority. I don't want the safety net removed, I haven't needed it yet but I like to know it's there.

Upthecity!

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 1381 viewsperchrockjack

I think that s fair and my comments didn't mean that I don't.

People in need should be helped out but not to make a career out of it as many do.

We need a country vibrant ,creating wealth and this is how you get real jobs not pin money dross. Ive nothing but respect for entrepreneurs who go out ,take a risk, mortgage their house, risk losing much , to start up and run a business. Ive been self employed but didn't have the guts to start a business as I should have done.

They get "wealthy"..good on them and the fact so many decry and dis these people evidences the idea that we British hate success and rather build people up only to knock the down.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 13:07 - Apr 21 with 1357 viewsScoobyWho

Here's one for you all.

What about UK policy on hand outs for immigrants, free housing, no council tax, benefits and NHS, child care for all ? These people, so called immigrants are in the majority heading here, they aren't stopping in Italy or Spain, they travel through to France then the UK.

We could easily point the finger directly at Downing Street because we offer better lifestyles here than Spain as an example, and more money for free. I blame the UK govt for this because if we fell in with the other European countries when it comes to benefits - we wouldn't have had half of these tragedies !

Blood on their hands not ours !
Just a view.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 14:55 - Apr 21 with 1319 viewsLohengrin

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 13:07 - Apr 21 by ScoobyWho

Here's one for you all.

What about UK policy on hand outs for immigrants, free housing, no council tax, benefits and NHS, child care for all ? These people, so called immigrants are in the majority heading here, they aren't stopping in Italy or Spain, they travel through to France then the UK.

We could easily point the finger directly at Downing Street because we offer better lifestyles here than Spain as an example, and more money for free. I blame the UK govt for this because if we fell in with the other European countries when it comes to benefits - we wouldn't have had half of these tragedies !

Blood on their hands not ours !
Just a view.

An accurate one. Absolutely.

For a frightening instance of life imitating art read Raspail's opus. The responses of the European authorities and the far left outlined in its pages are so unerringly accurate they assume the mantle of deadly prophesy.

Fiction, 1973:

REALITY, 2015:

[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 19:22]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

670 people die in a capsized boat. on 17:10 - Apr 21 with 1289 viewsperchrockjack

humph..

..It doesn't matter, you wouldn't understand rreally but good luck anyway..

As regards the actual topic, what say you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024