Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skint 17:02 - Apr 20 with 1639 viewsunion_jack

channel 4

Not exactly Made In Chelsea is it?

Omfg!!!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 17:02]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Skint on 22:33 - Apr 21 with 1516 viewsjackrabbit

Watched Skint last night. It was as expected. I haven't lived in Merthyr since I left school many years ago but I visit regularly on my way to see the Swans - at least once a month- and I don't see this side of Merthyr at all. I stay in Pant and go for a pint in the Quarrymans or the Pant Cad Ifor and the people are exactly what I remember - warm, humorous and funny. I now live in Ruislip and I can go over to Uxbridge any afternoon and see some similar examples of the hopeless useless underclass as were portrayed in this program - Merthyr does not have exclusive rights to them, but it always seems to be used for these sorts of programs. All we can do on a personal level is be good ambassadors for the town and then perhaps people will realise we are not all feckless dopeheads permanently 'on the sick', but pretty normal, and Merthyr on the whole is a pretty normal town that has seen better times..
Skint on 00:24 - Apr 23 with 1419 viewsGroo

I thought it would be about Cardiff City football club!

Groo does what Groo does best

Skint on 00:32 - Apr 23 with 1413 viewsScoobyWho

Skint on 22:33 - Apr 21 by jackrabbit

Watched Skint last night. It was as expected. I haven't lived in Merthyr since I left school many years ago but I visit regularly on my way to see the Swans - at least once a month- and I don't see this side of Merthyr at all. I stay in Pant and go for a pint in the Quarrymans or the Pant Cad Ifor and the people are exactly what I remember - warm, humorous and funny. I now live in Ruislip and I can go over to Uxbridge any afternoon and see some similar examples of the hopeless useless underclass as were portrayed in this program - Merthyr does not have exclusive rights to them, but it always seems to be used for these sorts of programs. All we can do on a personal level is be good ambassadors for the town and then perhaps people will realise we are not all feckless dopeheads permanently 'on the sick', but pretty normal, and Merthyr on the whole is a pretty normal town that has seen better times..

Was in a pub there recently, we had a fitting job at a well known supermarket, had some ales in the soldiers return, met two jacks from Ruislip that night. They were surprised to see a gang of 8 blokes, six of whom are jacks in their local. They regularly travel to games in a few cars meet at Ruislip underground opposite the chippy, is that you ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Skint on 22:33 - Apr 23 with 1335 viewsjackrabbit

Skint on 00:32 - Apr 23 by ScoobyWho

Was in a pub there recently, we had a fitting job at a well known supermarket, had some ales in the soldiers return, met two jacks from Ruislip that night. They were surprised to see a gang of 8 blokes, six of whom are jacks in their local. They regularly travel to games in a few cars meet at Ruislip underground opposite the chippy, is that you ?

No it wasn't me but there are a surprising number of Swans supporters/people with Swans allegiances in these parts. I've been surprised on several occasions to meet fellow Jacks in unlikely situations, eg getting my car serviced in Uxbridge one time. The guy booking my car in was an avid Swans supporter. Great to see.
Skint on 02:27 - Apr 25 with 1244 viewsScoobyWho

Skint on 22:33 - Apr 23 by jackrabbit

No it wasn't me but there are a surprising number of Swans supporters/people with Swans allegiances in these parts. I've been surprised on several occasions to meet fellow Jacks in unlikely situations, eg getting my car serviced in Uxbridge one time. The guy booking my car in was an avid Swans supporter. Great to see.

I remember talking to Geraint from the old London Swan zine a few years back, before all the success, some Swans fan from Croydon asked every away fan he could at Orient ( there were about 850 jacks there ) where they lived. London came out with something like 35% of the support. Next was the south west - then Wales !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Skint on 08:26 - Apr 25 with 1228 viewsepaul

We're awash with Jacks up here the SEALS for starters

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Skint on 09:53 - Apr 25 with 1183 viewsunion_jack

Skint on 08:26 - Apr 25 by epaul

We're awash with Jacks up here the SEALS for starters

Do they have a Swansea background Paul or are the 'glory hunters'?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Skint on 10:23 - Apr 25 with 1176 viewsepaul

Skint on 09:53 - Apr 25 by union_jack

Do they have a Swansea background Paul or are the 'glory hunters'?

proper Jacks, like me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024