Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate 16:56 - Apr 21 with 8085 viewsJJJack

Someone on FB posted a link that 31yrs ago today we beat Cardiff 3-2 in a Division 2 relegation battle which just happened to be on Easter Saturday in front of 10,275 (yeah right!) at the Vetch. I was born in 1971 and have always been baffled by Cardiff fans' claims to be the bigger/better club. In my entire lifetime they have had , perhaps two periods (1970s and 2003-10) where they were continuously more successful than us ......and , er, that's it!
So the other 30 odd years they've either been as good or often, worse, hence my bemusement at their claims over the years.
I thought I'd look up the records as I "feel" like we've usually got the better of them in head-to-heads. Since they thumped us 5-0 in 1965 (hats off), we then didn't play them until 1980 (excluding Welsh Cups) . 1980- to date, this is our record in all comps:
P 45 W 19 D 13 L 13 F 59 A 45
Not even much doubt is there really.....that's the last 50yrs worth of H-2-Hs!!
http://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Cardiff%20C
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 16:58]
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 10:46 - Apr 23 with 2126 viewsdantheswansman

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 22:05 - Apr 22 by morningstar

We don't need to win any FA cup 100 years ago, or lose over 2 legs to Real Madrid to show how massive a club we are. We are who we are, we are pissing all over them and they know it. There is no debate.

This is my thoughts too , They are so far behind its laughable of them to even mention us as rivals .
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 13:51 - Apr 23 with 2074 viewsDevz00

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 09:32 - Apr 23 by monmouth

And I'll say it again, the referee was wearing a Dickie Bow. Totally irrelevant and laughable, and it's all they'll ever have.

Really?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 15:29 - Apr 23 with 2041 viewsmonmouth

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 13:51 - Apr 23 by Devz00

Really?

...and what looks suspiciously like a smoking jacket. Keystone cops highlights were posted here last week (you tube I think)

To think that they are clinging hopelessly to that as their greatest ever achievement and trying to project it as anything even remotely worthwhile in today's terms. It's beyond ridiculous, but then again so is the whole maladjusted and deluded circus of a club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:36 - Apr 23 with 1994 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes its unbelievable but true - the referee in the 1927 cup final wore a fecking dickie bow - comedy club then and now !!

Beware of the Risen People

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 22:34 - Apr 23 with 1958 viewsEdmundo

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 10:46 - Apr 23 by dantheswansman

This is my thoughts too , They are so far behind its laughable of them to even mention us as rivals .

Bristol City are their true rivals...
well they are now and in the same league. Though I think momentum is now with Bristol, i wouldn't be surprised if they made the next step as well.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 07:28 - Apr 24 with 1913 viewsDr_Winston

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 22:34 - Apr 23 by Edmundo

well they are now and in the same league. Though I think momentum is now with Bristol, i wouldn't be surprised if they made the next step as well.

With a redeveloped stadium and that momentum behind them I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bristol City join us at some point.

Always wonder how Bristol (and indeed Sheffield) would do if they were one club cities.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:26 - Apr 24 with 1901 viewsdgt73

Swansea's record isn't good at all when you look back 100 years or even 50 years. The same with kardiff. The both clubs aren't historically big clubs, both can attract decent followings in good times and both got fickle fans.....who will disappear when the going gets tough.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:39 - Apr 24 with 1892 viewsmonmouth

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 22:34 - Apr 23 by Edmundo

Yesterday - Swansea
Today Bristol City
Tomorrow - Newport
Then - Bristol Rovers/Wrexham

Their rivalry is going to stretch far and wide until it reaches its rightful place just up the road in Merthyr.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 02:04 - Apr 25 with 1819 viewsScoobyWho

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:39 - Apr 24 by monmouth

Yesterday - Swansea
Today Bristol City
Tomorrow - Newport
Then - Bristol Rovers/Wrexham

Their rivalry is going to stretch far and wide until it reaches its rightful place just up the road in Merthyr.

I would say Forest Green, but of course the last time they played they lost.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024