Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Europe accept the Boat People? 16:29 - Apr 24 with 6977 viewsLord_Bony

Seems we screwed up in Libya by assisting overthrowing the government in 2011,turning the place into anarchy and now must pay the price...

http://www.msf.ie/article/europe-must-accept-boat-people-fleeing-libya

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 1691 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 19:31 - Apr 24 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Why do you consider us "privileged"? We are where we are today through our history. Europe has seen royal families and governments overthrown, an industrial revolution and renaissance in addition to many other progressions.

So why is Africa and the Middle East so different?? Why

Think about that for a while while you claim we're privileged. There's nothing privileged when you consider the hard and difficult graft our ancestors made to get us here.

Yet the exact same length of time has passed in Europe as the rest of the world.

So why? Well, here's a clue...medieval ideology and mindset that leads to corruption and inability to progress. Why are they so apathetic to allowing themselves be trodden on by a highly corrupted government? Why, despite all the billions of pounds in aid, they're still absolutely none-the-better?

The only people who can help them are themselves - why can nobody see this?!!

The more we accept this, the more it will happen. The more it will happen, the more lives will be lost.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2015 19:50]

Do you not understand what has/is going on here?

We help the rebels (mainly Al Qaeda mercenaries) to overthrow Gaddafi and then walk away,leaving them to it. Libya was once a rich,prosperous country,the richest in Africa.The people enjoyed a very high standard of living and lived a good lifestyle even if the leader was a brutal tyrant...that was none of our business.

The country now lies in ruins with crumbling infrastructure,sanitation,lack of schools,hospitals etc and continuous infighting between the various factions there.

Now the "boat" people are trying to get out of the place we say oh no you must stay put and take what you ve been given.Just put up and shut up we don t want to know...

I don't blame these people ,personally I blame the politicians who were short sighted as usual to not think of the long term consequences for Europe when they embark on these "foreign adventures" ...same has happened in Iraq and Syria.

Do not blame the helpless victims in all this,think again. We have f*cked up bigtime and this problem will not go away...in fact it will get worse over the years...so what do we do?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 1649 viewsHumpty

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:46 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

We help the rebels (mainly Al Qaeda mercenaries) to overthrow Gaddafi and then walk away,leaving them to it. Libya was once a rich,prosperous country,the richest in Africa.The people enjoyed a very high standard of living and lived a good lifestyle even if the leader was a brutal tyrant...that was none of our business.

The country now lies in ruins with crumbling infrastructure,sanitation,lack of schools,hospitals etc and continuous infighting between the various factions there.

Now the "boat" people are trying to get out of the place we say oh no you must stay put and take what you ve been given.Just put up and shut up we don t want to know...

I don't blame these people ,personally I blame the politicians who were short sighted as usual to not think of the long term consequences for Europe when they embark on these "foreign adventures" ...same has happened in Iraq and Syria.

Do not blame the helpless victims in all this,think again. We have f*cked up bigtime and this problem will not go away...in fact it will get worse over the years...so what do we do?

What do we do?

We tell to pull their socks up and stop being so lazy.

Simple solution for simple folk.
Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:00 - Apr 24 with 1606 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:46 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

Ah right - so this only happened 'post-Gaddafi' right??

...... and many, many, many years before that!

Clutch at straws much?

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:30 - Apr 24 with 1592 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:00 - Apr 24 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Ah right - so this only happened 'post-Gaddafi' right??

...... and many, many, many years before that!

Clutch at straws much?

Still dont get it do you?

Read what I said a bit more slowly to understand the situation a little better please...

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:37 - Apr 24 with 1589 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:30 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

Still dont get it do you?

Read what I said a bit more slowly to understand the situation a little better please...

No, I'm afraid it's you who doesn't get it.

Head too far up your liberal rectum I'm afraid. Try reading my post a little slower and try harder. Try sticking to fact as opposed to blaming the west for helping to topple Gaddafi.

This level of migration has been around for many years before, and will continue to get worse the more we let in. FACT.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:42 - Apr 24 with 1585 viewsJack_Meoff

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:37 - Apr 24 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

No, I'm afraid it's you who doesn't get it.

Head too far up your liberal rectum I'm afraid. Try reading my post a little slower and try harder. Try sticking to fact as opposed to blaming the west for helping to topple Gaddafi.

This level of migration has been around for many years before, and will continue to get worse the more we let in. FACT.

It's astonishing you can find your computer's on key you dull c*nt

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:46 - Apr 24 with 1580 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:42 - Apr 24 by Jack_Meoff

It's astonishing you can find your computer's on key you dull c*nt

Typical - all the idiots agree with eachother. Humanity is f*cked if you two start breeding.

So these Egyptians, Sudanese, Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian and Iraqis all come from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi .

Makes loads of sense that !!

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:48 - Apr 24 with 1575 viewsperchrockjack

We all get it.
It's different opinions ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:52 - Apr 24 with 1572 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:46 - Apr 24 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Typical - all the idiots agree with eachother. Humanity is f*cked if you two start breeding.

So these Egyptians, Sudanese, Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian and Iraqis all come from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi .

Makes loads of sense that !!

Ok lets put it in very simple terms for you to understand...

When Gadaffi was in power we did nt have the problem of refugees leaving Libya for Europe...it just did nt happen...until we helped remove him.

Now we have a problem.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:55 - Apr 24 with 1562 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't know why anyone bothers with this "eventhisname" character. He's a dribbling halfwit.

Poll: Tory leader

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 23:17 - Apr 24 with 1533 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:55 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't know why anyone bothers with this "eventhisname" character. He's a dribbling halfwit.

Who's asking you, you festering ass wart? Like a shit stain on the underknackers of Nick Clegg - you're full of it.

Anyway - prior to Gadaffi the migrants still came. If not through Libya, then around it.

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?!?

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 23:44 - Apr 24 with 1497 viewsDr_Winston

Just out of curiosity, where are the figures coming from that identify the poor b*stards making this trip as Libyan?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 23:44 - Apr 24 with 1497 viewsLord_Bony

You re still not getting it....WE ARE THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM...or at least our foreign policy is.

In Libya since 2011 thousands of civilians killed, ISIS is now in control of the country thanks to us helping them.

Apart from Libyans trying to get out of course there are now people from other nations including people traffickers all using Libya as a means into Europe...there is no one to stop them or police the situation as before.

The problem will get worse over the years,if we d left the place alone there would not be so many coming here and IS would not be in power.
We only have ourselves to blame.So what to do?

edit reply to eventhis
[Post edited 24 Apr 2015 23:45]

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 01:52 - Apr 25 with 1457 viewsHumpty

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 23:44 - Apr 24 by Dr_Winston

Just out of curiosity, where are the figures coming from that identify the poor b*stards making this trip as Libyan?

Nobody is suggesting that all the refugees are Libyan. But Libya has a very large border with other African countries. And is very close to Europe.

It used to be policed by the Libyan state. We removed the Libyan state and chaos has resulted. And every African who want's to get to Europe knows where the best place to do it from is. And that's Libya. Watch the news much?

It's almost as if British politicians don't even consider the possible outcomes of their interventions and regime removals.

And as I don't like to make cheap party political points out of tragedies I include them all in this. The UK used to be very good at knowing the regions we were f*cking about with. These days, under Blair and Cameron, we haven't got a clue.
Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 02:33 - Apr 25 with 1454 viewsScoobyWho

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 18:49 - Apr 24 by yescomeon

How true is this, I've never lived outside the UK?

All I can say is try moving to Italy or Spain and after three months there ask them for free social housing, shelter or b&b and then £125 a week dole, add child benefit and any disability you may be entitled to and they may die laughing at you.

And I haven't even started on free medical care, doctors, NHS, operations and general health care, inc dental. Honestly, no other country in Europe is as daft as this one.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 1378 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 01:52 - Apr 25 by Humpty

Nobody is suggesting that all the refugees are Libyan. But Libya has a very large border with other African countries. And is very close to Europe.

It used to be policed by the Libyan state. We removed the Libyan state and chaos has resulted. And every African who want's to get to Europe knows where the best place to do it from is. And that's Libya. Watch the news much?

It's almost as if British politicians don't even consider the possible outcomes of their interventions and regime removals.

And as I don't like to make cheap party political points out of tragedies I include them all in this. The UK used to be very good at knowing the regions we were f*cking about with. These days, under Blair and Cameron, we haven't got a clue.

Bang on.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:15 - Apr 25 with 1364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 02:33 - Apr 25 by ScoobyWho

All I can say is try moving to Italy or Spain and after three months there ask them for free social housing, shelter or b&b and then £125 a week dole, add child benefit and any disability you may be entitled to and they may die laughing at you.

And I haven't even started on free medical care, doctors, NHS, operations and general health care, inc dental. Honestly, no other country in Europe is as daft as this one.

You keep banging this drum but it's not true. Asylum seekers can't claim the benefits you've stated there, neither can most non-EU immigrants. And Jobseeker's Allowance (dole) is a maximum of £73 per week, not £125. And they're not entitled to claim it anyway. This myth that all immigrants are landing at Dover and running straight to the DWP shouting "Right, I'm here, give me all the free money" is nonsense.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 16:46]

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 17:39 - Apr 25 with 1343 viewsHumpty

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:15 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

You keep banging this drum but it's not true. Asylum seekers can't claim the benefits you've stated there, neither can most non-EU immigrants. And Jobseeker's Allowance (dole) is a maximum of £73 per week, not £125. And they're not entitled to claim it anyway. This myth that all immigrants are landing at Dover and running straight to the DWP shouting "Right, I'm here, give me all the free money" is nonsense.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not. Sounds good doesn't it?
Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 18:10 - Apr 25 with 1336 viewsperchrockjack

Our empire made a few very wealthy.

We be said sorry but how long do we have to pay the price

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 18:20 - Apr 25 with 1326 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 18:10 - Apr 25 by perchrockjack

Our empire made a few very wealthy.

We be said sorry but how long do we have to pay the price

That won't be for a long time yet.

At least until we can learn to stop meddling in other countries affairs and leave them alone.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:06 - Apr 25 with 1302 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:15 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Of course it's nonsense!

Instead they get cash-in-hand jobs that don't give back to the country as no tax is collected. They're also entitled to the free NHS.... oh! Let's not forget housing and a host of other things. Why do you think they prefer not to stay in other places in Europe and come straight to the UK - like flies around shit.

Guess you've just skipped over the 'unpleasant' stuff again though just to suit your argument

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 22:13 - Apr 25 with 1271 viewsGundog

Simple answer, YES.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 1213 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:06 - Apr 25 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Of course it's nonsense!

Instead they get cash-in-hand jobs that don't give back to the country as no tax is collected. They're also entitled to the free NHS.... oh! Let's not forget housing and a host of other things. Why do you think they prefer not to stay in other places in Europe and come straight to the UK - like flies around shit.

Guess you've just skipped over the 'unpleasant' stuff again though just to suit your argument

More bullsh(t spewing from your keyboard yet again. Immigration (including non-EU immigration) makes a net positive contribution to the UK economy. That means they pay more into the system than they take out, to keep it simple for you. So try again.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:29 - Apr 26 with 1205 viewsDr_Winston

Those awaiting asylum receive support from NASS. This includes accommodation and a small (less than JSA/ESA) weekly allowance. If they are granted asylum or exceptional leave to remain, they then become eligible for standard benefit/tax credit claims.

That's the basics of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:38 - Apr 26 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:29 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

Those awaiting asylum receive support from NASS. This includes accommodation and a small (less than JSA/ESA) weekly allowance. If they are granted asylum or exceptional leave to remain, they then become eligible for standard benefit/tax credit claims.

That's the basics of it.

It's all in here for anyone who cares enough to read it. If they did, it would debunk a few "immigrants get everything" myths.

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn06847.pdf
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 10:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024