Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Europe accept the Boat People? 16:29 - Apr 24 with 6980 viewsLord_Bony

Seems we screwed up in Libya by assisting overthrowing the government in 2011,turning the place into anarchy and now must pay the price...

http://www.msf.ie/article/europe-must-accept-boat-people-fleeing-libya

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 1183 viewsLohengrin

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:13 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

More bullsh(t spewing from your keyboard yet again. Immigration (including non-EU immigration) makes a net positive contribution to the UK economy. That means they pay more into the system than they take out, to keep it simple for you. So try again.

Not all contributions to the national life of these islands is to be measured in purely financial terms, Clase...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 1179 viewsexiledclaseboy

And there goes the thread.

Poll: Tory leader

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 11:05 - Apr 26 with 1175 viewsLohengrin

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 11:02 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

It's the first direction it should have gone. These islands are above all a home, not a counting house. It's as well to be cautious who you let in when you open the door.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 11:16 - Apr 26 with 1164 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

i am off to Rhodes in july , i hope they dont arrange another illegal trip there.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 11:19 - Apr 26 with 1158 viewsskippyjack

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 18:10 - Apr 25 by perchrockjack

Our empire made a few very wealthy.

We be said sorry but how long do we have to pay the price

No, No Old Chap.. You oldies don't have to pay anything.. It's me that has to pay the price.. (If I can get a job!).. Bring in the boat people.. It just makes my job of getting a job a hard job to pay the debt, overflow of issues.. Including nearly everything.. NHS, Education, Immigration and the current crisis that is sweeping the nation and Europe..

It's my fault
It's my choice

And the fact I know it's all part of the movement of change.. And it's the renewable energy Era.. When all of power is made by natural resources.. Which reduces health issues..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:25 - Apr 26 with 1117 viewsLord_Bony

Lol

It's a shame we can't stick to the topic...the consequences of our governments foreign policy.

No surprise the race hate card is pulled out to side track discussion....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:28 - Apr 26 with 1112 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:25 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

Lol

It's a shame we can't stick to the topic...the consequences of our governments foreign policy.

No surprise the race hate card is pulled out to side track discussion....

No surprise at all, especially given the nature of some of the contributors.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 1108 viewsLohengrin

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:28 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

No surprise at all, especially given the nature of some of the contributors.

No surprise either that some myopic contributors refuse to consider the wider, long term implications of their wooly-minded liberalism.

How is it side-tracking? Actions have consequences, they don't exist in a void.

Login to get fewer ads

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 13:38 - Apr 26 with 1062 viewsskippyjack

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:33 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

No surprise either that some myopic contributors refuse to consider the wider, long term implications of their wooly-minded liberalism.

These boat people get preference over me anyway..they all deserve it after all..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 15:48 - Apr 26 with 1027 viewsperchrockjack

Old?

Clueless skip.

You got a job then

Hope my pm to you helped

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 1024 viewsdgt73

For whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad. The balkanisation of this country and most of Europe is well under way, so why pour more fuel on to the fire. Oh and NO we shouldn't let these people in. I like 99.9% of the British people have no influence on the foreign policy of this country.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 15:59 - Apr 26 with 1018 viewsLord_Bony

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 12:33 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

The actions we take... toppling regimes and destroying countries does indeed have consequences for Europe...

Btw nobody is suggesting Europe takes them in but the question remains...what do we do and how can we stop this from happening again.

Short sightedness lies with the politicians.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:11 - Apr 26 with 1008 viewsLohengrin

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 15:59 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

The actions we take... toppling regimes and destroying countries does indeed have consequences for Europe...

Btw nobody is suggesting Europe takes them in but the question remains...what do we do and how can we stop this from happening again.

Short sightedness lies with the politicians.

It's not the actions "we" take, Bony, these are the machinations of international finance.

I've got some homework for you and Clase, try and get a hold of a copy of Christopher Caldwell's Reflections on the Revolution in Europe. It was released a few years ago, 2011 I think, and published here by Penguin. Read it and let the implications of what he's outlining sink in. He doesn't deal in cliches, he writes for neither left nor right.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 16:12]

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:17 - Apr 26 with 999 viewsLord_Bony

So its ok then to help ISIS overthrow the government of Libya..a once rich and prosperous country...turn it into wasteland and Hell on Earth for the population...and then complain when they want to leave the place and come to Europe?

Personally, I think that is one f*cked up sitiuation.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:33 - Apr 26 with 982 viewsLohengrin

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 16:17 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

So its ok then to help ISIS overthrow the government of Libya..a once rich and prosperous country...turn it into wasteland and Hell on Earth for the population...and then complain when they want to leave the place and come to Europe?

Personally, I think that is one f*cked up sitiuation.

Where have I said anything is alright?

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:15 - Apr 26 with 929 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 10:13 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

More bullsh(t spewing from your keyboard yet again. Immigration (including non-EU immigration) makes a net positive contribution to the UK economy. That means they pay more into the system than they take out, to keep it simple for you. So try again.

Well.... got any evidence to back up that claim?

Because if you actually did a little research, instead of being the Green Party spokesperson - you'd know this isn't accurate at all. Not since 2001 at least - since then the levels have increased further and the actual figures show a net negative contribution.

Should also remind you about the millions of illegals who work cash in hand and tax free.... funnily working for other migrants who run business in the UK.

You keep spewing complete and utter guff and like to project yourself as 'all knowing' and intelligent. In reality you let your bullshit liberal views guide you and instead you come across as a complete dolt.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:20 - Apr 26 with 926 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

To be fair - the thread was gone when you apologists set out your vendetta against factual information.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:34 - Apr 26 with 915 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:15 - Apr 26 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Well.... got any evidence to back up that claim?

Because if you actually did a little research, instead of being the Green Party spokesperson - you'd know this isn't accurate at all. Not since 2001 at least - since then the levels have increased further and the actual figures show a net negative contribution.

Should also remind you about the millions of illegals who work cash in hand and tax free.... funnily working for other migrants who run business in the UK.

You keep spewing complete and utter guff and like to project yourself as 'all knowing' and intelligent. In reality you let your bullshit liberal views guide you and instead you come across as a complete dolt.

Here's one.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigrati

Mostly about EU migration but also clearly states "Recent non-European immigrants’ net contribution was likewise positive, at about £5bn. Over the same period, the net fiscal contribution of native UK born was negative, amounting to almost £617bn"

Previously, there was a cost. But more recent migrants, especially from within the EU but also (albeit less so) from outside it, make a positive net contribution.

I'm not sure why you posted that graph - I think we're all fully aware that net migration has increased in recent years. It's not under dispute.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:34 - Apr 26 with 912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:20 - Apr 26 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

To be fair - the thread was gone when you apologists set out your vendetta against factual information.

No to be fair the "apologists" were only correcting incorrect information posted.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:49 - Apr 26 with 897 viewslondonlisa2001

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:34 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Here's one.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigrati

Mostly about EU migration but also clearly states "Recent non-European immigrants’ net contribution was likewise positive, at about £5bn. Over the same period, the net fiscal contribution of native UK born was negative, amounting to almost £617bn"

Previously, there was a cost. But more recent migrants, especially from within the EU but also (albeit less so) from outside it, make a positive net contribution.

I'm not sure why you posted that graph - I think we're all fully aware that net migration has increased in recent years. It's not under dispute.

The graph was posted because some people seem to be too stupid to understand what the pictures mean.

It's not difficult.

'White British' people are at an imbalance between the numbers at a working, tax paying age, and the numbers at an older, pension requiring, NHS using age. It's due to the post war baby boom and the drop off in birth rates over the past 20/30 years or so amongst 'White British' people (apart from the lot on the Jeremy Kyle show who pay no tax)...

We need migrants to pay taxes to support our older population. Anyone that doesn't like it I suggest refuses any public services that the migrants are paying for, or providing. Anything much to do with the NHS for starters which is kept going by these 'migrants'.
Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:50 - Apr 26 with 896 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:34 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

No to be fair the "apologists" were only correcting incorrect information posted.

FFS - Further inaccuracies.

You do not include UK-born dependent children of migrants. If they are included we find that migrants make up just over 10% of the total UK population. Since their contribution to GDP is 9 .8%, they are not adding proportionately more to GDP, as you or the government claim.

The most recent Government Actuarys Department projections show that in the period 2003 - 2031 migration will add 5.2 million to the total population and nearly 3.8 million to the working age population. This equates to a compound growth rate of 0.30% and 0.34%. So, using the governments very simplistic basis of equating growth in GDP with the growth in the working age population (the same simplistic basis your argument works on) , the increase in GDP each year would be 0.34% but the population would increase by 0.3% each year so the benefit per head per year would be about 0.04%.

This works out at 7 per head per year or 14p a week. This calculation takes no account of additional infrastructure costs nor of the costs of congestion to which immigration on this scale will add considerably. This is a small island in comparison to the countries many of these people come from - we do not have endless resources or ability to house the levels of migrants we see today going forward.

Tried enrolling your kids in school recently? In many places throughout the UK, the population of a school is 75-95% migrant based. Forcing schools to destroy their budgets to cater for kids who speak little or no english. In many cases, these classes need multiple aides in each class who are able to act as interpreters for the kids. This is an unnecessary drain on an already stretched school system that also reduces places available for native born kids.

Then there's housing in addition to many more issues we cannot continue to accept or cater for.

And yes, I'm aware the graph shows immigration has increased - that's why I posted it. For some reason you, and other idiots, don't seem to accept or appreciate this. If we have a much larger land area available and were GDP could easily cater for the population - then this would not be so much of an issue. These are genuine concerns based on factual analysis and data - not guesses and assumptions based on Nick Cleggs 'talking in his head' data.

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:52 - Apr 26 with 892 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:49 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

The graph was posted because some people seem to be too stupid to understand what the pictures mean.

It's not difficult.

'White British' people are at an imbalance between the numbers at a working, tax paying age, and the numbers at an older, pension requiring, NHS using age. It's due to the post war baby boom and the drop off in birth rates over the past 20/30 years or so amongst 'White British' people (apart from the lot on the Jeremy Kyle show who pay no tax)...

We need migrants to pay taxes to support our older population. Anyone that doesn't like it I suggest refuses any public services that the migrants are paying for, or providing. Anything much to do with the NHS for starters which is kept going by these 'migrants'.

Over to you, Lis. I can't do this with him anymore. He keeps changing the question every time he doesn't like the answer. You can have him if you have the inclination. And he thinks I'm voting Green for some reason.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 20:55]

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 21:00 - Apr 26 with 883 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:52 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Over to you, Lis. I can't do this with him anymore. He keeps changing the question every time he doesn't like the answer. You can have him if you have the inclination. And he thinks I'm voting Green for some reason.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 20:55]

So long Clasie - run out of responses I see!

muppet.

Anyway Lisa is pretty much as bad as you are. She seems to think my argument relates to "whites vs the world". This clearly is not the case.

Try reading my previous post lisa and digest the information before you post anymore!

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 21:09 - Apr 26 with 873 viewslondonlisa2001

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 21:00 - Apr 26 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

So long Clasie - run out of responses I see!

muppet.

Anyway Lisa is pretty much as bad as you are. She seems to think my argument relates to "whites vs the world". This clearly is not the case.

Try reading my previous post lisa and digest the information before you post anymore!

no, I'm pretty certain that I understand your point.

And I said 'White British' not 'White' so that all non indigenous groups were covered.

You, however, don't understand the economic impact of the demographics of this country.

And, to be frank, I also can't be bothered to argue with anyone whose response to seeing people being dragged out of the sea half dead (if they're lucky) is to wonder how much it will cost in benefits.
Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 21:12 - Apr 26 with 868 viewsdgt73

Should Europe accept the Boat People? on 20:49 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

It's not difficult.

More crap from you........it's like when they say we need these Eastern Europeans to package the meat in these factory's, because the british won't do it lol.........we were still able to buy package meat before these people arrived and it's the same for the NHS.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024