Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laminate flooring 23:39 - Apr 24 with 2748 viewsjack_lord

Anyone know how much someone (good) would charge to fit Laminate flooring and if it is better to put thicker flooring down.

The area is about 50 m2.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Laminate flooring on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 2686 viewsattila_the_hun

cracking prices and perfect job from Clydach Carpets http://www.clydachcarpetcentre.co.uk/

"I'm Free"

Laminate flooring on 12:07 - Apr 25 with 2659 viewsClinton

Try
http://www.dgheath.co.uk

These people did a good job for me in two separate floors, one in my loft room has been down for about 8 years now, no problems. They sell the flooring and give good advice how thick and what grade is needed depending on usage. They recommended a fitter, the same guy came round on each occasion and was reasonable. He did a good job, and seemed reasonable to me, but I haven't got his card to hand.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Laminate flooring on 12:30 - Apr 25 with 2640 viewsjacktar

http://www.elbaflooring.co.uk/

These guys have done a lot of work for me over the years. Never had any cause for complaint.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Laminate flooring on 19:01 - Apr 25 with 2549 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Prestige Flooring did mine after i saw the brilliant job they did over my Aunties house. Min is probably about 40m2 icluding the hall and cost me £900-1000. Lovely lads and Swans Season Ticket holders

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laminate flooring on 19:03 - Apr 25 with 2548 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laminate flooring on 19:01 - Apr 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Prestige Flooring did mine after i saw the brilliant job they did over my Aunties house. Min is probably about 40m2 icluding the hall and cost me £900-1000. Lovely lads and Swans Season Ticket holders

That icluded the underlay too and all done with the minimum of fuss. Couldn't speak highly enough of them

Laminate flooring on 20:59 - Apr 25 with 2499 viewsjack_lord

Laminate flooring on 19:01 - Apr 25 by Brynmill_Jack

What quality is the product and what thickness. I can get some great deals at selco and pay a fitter (whoever that may be).

Laminate flooring on 21:07 - Apr 25 with 2492 viewsbuilthjack

If it's a rectangular room it should quite simple, a long day's work. So labour shouldn't be more than £150. If it's a few rooms with difficult cuts it would be nearer £300.- labour only.
Also depends if rooms are empty etc.
Best way is to get a few people to call and give you a fixed price quote, show them what flooring you are using too.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 21:08]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Laminate flooring on 21:19 - Apr 25 with 2483 viewsjack_lord

It's rectangularish with a continuation through to the hall with an allowance for the fireplace.

Login to get fewer ads

Laminate flooring on 16:13 - Apr 26 with 2383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laminate flooring on 20:59 - Apr 25 by jack_lord

What quality is the product and what thickness. I can get some great deals at selco and pay a fitter (whoever that may be).

I don't know how thick it is but it's the boll*cks mate. Looks like the real thing

Laminate flooring on 16:22 - Apr 26 with 2376 viewslibertine

simon and john are good they,ve done loads for me,

and they are from your end of town Bryn boy

simon Edwards and they get their stuff from dg heath uniclic is a good mid priced floor
Laminate flooring on 18:15 - Apr 26 with 2339 viewsbkjack

Clydach carpets done my living the guys came moved everything put it down and put everything back as I was away with work and my wife was 7months pregers done a great job think that cost about the 250 mark
Laminate flooring on 21:01 - Apr 26 with 2300 viewsjack_lord

Laminate flooring on 18:15 - Apr 26 by bkjack

Clydach carpets done my living the guys came moved everything put it down and put everything back as I was away with work and my wife was 7months pregers done a great job think that cost about the 250 mark

250 plus flooring?
who are the guys at clydach carpets?

Laminate flooring on 06:01 - Apr 27 with 2250 viewsfbreath

To those who have had flooring fitted to existing house have you removed skirting board or butted up to it and then used trim to finnish off.
Had flooring fitted to newly built house and this was fitted prior to skirting boards being fitted.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Laminate flooring on 08:24 - Apr 27 with 2214 viewspikeypaul

Prestige flooring are the very best and you will not get a fairer price or better job about £150
a day labour and they do not stop done 3 rooms in a day for me a few years back
and nothing was to much trouble.
D g Heath and gower carpets both use them to fit and have done for the past
17 years just phone Steve at DG Heath and ask for Deanes number he lives in west cross
and will visit and give you all the advice you need regarding product,underlay,etc.

Clintons post earlier would have been done by Deane and his mate
since D G Heath do not have fitters they just pass on Deanes number
to customers that buy flooring off them.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2015 8:33]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Laminate flooring on 12:18 - Apr 27 with 2183 viewsProfessor

Can't say about fitting, but make sure you get the best laminate you can afford. We have pretty much 'top of the range' quickstep and looks great after 11 years with 2 kids and a dog. Mother-in-law has had two lot's of cheap laminate which lasted 2-3 years each. Now has the good stuff finally.
Laminate flooring on 13:01 - Apr 27 with 2172 viewslibertine

Laminate flooring on 12:18 - Apr 27 by Professor

Can't say about fitting, but make sure you get the best laminate you can afford. We have pretty much 'top of the range' quickstep and looks great after 11 years with 2 kids and a dog. Mother-in-law has had two lot's of cheap laminate which lasted 2-3 years each. Now has the good stuff finally.

that's the stuff I have uniclic quickstep

quaaality fin floor that
Laminate flooring on 13:38 - Apr 27 with 2164 viewsProfessor

Laminate flooring on 13:01 - Apr 27 by libertine

that's the stuff I have uniclic quickstep

quaaality fin floor that

Certainly is. About 3 or 4 scratches across 2 large rooms. Lasted very well and I reckon another 10 years in it before replacement is needed
Laminate flooring on 18:30 - Apr 29 with 2076 viewsjack_lord

When we talk about quality, are we talking about thickness of laminate? There are some great deals on the flooring at Selco but effed if I know which are the quality brands.

Laminate flooring on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 2069 viewsmonmouth

Laminate flooring on 18:30 - Apr 29 by jack_lord

When we talk about quality, are we talking about thickness of laminate? There are some great deals on the flooring at Selco but effed if I know which are the quality brands.

Our carpenter only charged 100 quid to put ours down and do the beading. We liked it initially but after a couple of years grew to hate it (wifey thought it looked cheap) so replaced it with tiles in one room and kahrs wood in the hall....it's a million times better in my view. So make sure that you are happy with it before you lay it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laminate flooring on 23:20 - Apr 29 with 2043 viewsjack_lord

I fancy some bling tiles in the hall as a wow entrance.

Laminate flooring on 11:22 - Apr 30 with 2020 viewsProfessor

Laminate flooring on 18:34 - Apr 29 by monmouth

Our carpenter only charged 100 quid to put ours down and do the beading. We liked it initially but after a couple of years grew to hate it (wifey thought it looked cheap) so replaced it with tiles in one room and kahrs wood in the hall....it's a million times better in my view. So make sure that you are happy with it before you lay it.

Kahrs is lovely stuff if you can afford it. We used Quickstep Perspective laminate which is more plank like with grooves etc. Pretty much top of the shop for laminate. Has an engineered oak floor in a previous house which looked lovely but wore poorly. Of course if y0u can afford wood it can be sanded and re-finished so can last a lifetime and more-was just too expensive for us (over 2K compared to 800 for laminate)
Laminate flooring on 12:13 - Apr 30 with 2007 viewsperchrockjack

Come off it prof, in south west Wirral, you have Italian hand carved marble for flooring.

It's no good trying to be common or working class .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laminate flooring on 12:38 - Apr 30 with 2001 viewsProfessor

Laminate flooring on 12:13 - Apr 30 by perchrockjack

Come off it prof, in south west Wirral, you have Italian hand carved marble for flooring.

It's no good trying to be common or working class .

I could perhaps stretch to wood now. The mortgage was a financial stretch then. Just have kids to spend it all now!
Laminate flooring on 14:03 - Apr 30 with 1983 viewsperchrockjack

My nan had good ol Lino.

How times change

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024