Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelson Oliveira 17:44 - Apr 25 with 8988 viewsDafyddHuw

Not only did he score, but lovely dummy run across goal to give Gylfi room to score, and excellent assist for Jack Cork's goal.

Too late though, I'm afraid.
Nelson Oliveira on 17:47 - Apr 25 with 4030 viewseddie71

I think with GM seeking a new striker and Gomis staying, not sure where he would fit in. He can play 10 but then that puts him up against Gylfi, Shelvey and Marv.
Nelson Oliveira on 17:49 - Apr 25 with 4008 viewsshandyjack

if we sell Michu, Nelson will stay as a 3rd choice guy, keep Michu and i can't see us signing Nelson as well

Poll: Expectation for the season

Nelson Oliveira on 17:59 - Apr 25 with 3923 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Any guesses what Benefica's price tag would be?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Nelson Oliveira on 18:04 - Apr 25 with 3871 viewsClinton

Nelson Oliveira on 17:59 - Apr 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

I cant see him costing much, he's not been setting the world alight for them. They might even be glad to get him off the books depending on his deal there.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Nelson Oliveira on 18:15 - Apr 25 with 3786 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am not so sure it is too late, he has only had 3 Prem starts and scored 1.
That is way better than Gomis' early performance.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:17 - Apr 25 with 3775 viewsjackrabbit

Well played today - great to see some width back and the wings being used. Special mention of Oliveira who showed what an intelligent forward he is. There are a few games left to see what else he can offer but I've seen enough to think that he's worth keeping if the price is right. He's not a target man - he's a fox in the box type and has a good football brain.

It must be admitted that Newcastle were dire. If our defence played like that this board would go ballistic. I could've done without the exciting ending but I've followed the Swans for long enough to know they never do anything the easy way!

Can somebody please tell Emnes not to wear his longjohns under his shorts! I suppose at least he hasn't dyed them pink!

Anyway congrats to Garry and the boys - 50 points is a huge achievement.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:23 - Apr 25 with 3727 viewstomdickharry

Of his first 9 touches in the opening 30 minutes he retained possession once,scored a nice goal and partial assist otherwise poor.We need 2 quality strikers and retain Gomis and not see Oliveira again. A low ranking lightweight in the middleweight division.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:25 - Apr 25 with 3712 viewsPrivate_Partz

Not at all. He put in loads of effort today with some lovely touches. All forwards are confidence players. Let's see what he can do. Pretty good today IMHO now that he has regular game time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Nelson Oliveira on 18:31 - Apr 25 with 3661 viewsswan_si

Nelson Oliveira on 18:23 - Apr 25 by tomdickharry

Of his first 9 touches in the opening 30 minutes he retained possession once,scored a nice goal and partial assist otherwise poor.We need 2 quality strikers and retain Gomis and not see Oliveira again. A low ranking lightweight in the middleweight division.

he didn't score until the 2nd minute of added time.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:32 - Apr 25 with 3653 viewstomdickharry

Nelson Oliveira on 18:31 - Apr 25 by swan_si

he didn't score until the 2nd minute of added time.

Spot on.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:38 - Apr 25 with 3608 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Based on recent history, does that sound like anything other than the making of a good Swansea striker?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Nelson Oliveira on 18:40 - Apr 25 with 3599 viewsPrivate_Partz

'scored a nice goal and a partial assist'. Don't you think we need to give him a chance based on that?? I think he did much more than this during the game and certainly should not be written off yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Nelson Oliveira on 18:43 - Apr 25 with 3572 viewsswan_si

Nelson Oliveira on 18:40 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

'scored a nice goal and a partial assist'. Don't you think we need to give him a chance based on that?? I think he did much more than this during the game and certainly should not be written off yet.

agreed

Nelson Oliveira on 18:45 - Apr 25 with 3555 viewsicecoldjack

He had a very decent game today, i'm happy for him but i don't think he is quite what we need, in fairness, the more games he plays the better he looks, we gave Bafa the time because we had no choice but i think Nelson will be gone myself.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 3544 viewsScoobyWho

Nelson Oliveira on 17:59 - Apr 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

If he is anything more than free we should walk away.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Nelson Oliveira on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 3545 views3swan

Nelson Oliveira on 18:40 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

I agree that he shouldn't be written off.
He does seem to have a football brain, good enough for the Premier? who knows but any player needs a run in the team to have the chance to prove it one way or another.
Nelson Oliveira on 18:51 - Apr 25 with 3510 viewsthomasJack

Bony did not play well at first...but turned out to be great Gomis did not play well at first.... Now he looks great...nelson did not play well at first.... But perhaps with more gametime he will be great

Poll: Next signing

Nelson Oliveira on 19:03 - Apr 25 with 3435 viewsswan_si

don't forget he's only 23, i thought he played as well as the rest of the team today, in some cases more so.
Nelson Oliveira on 19:25 - Apr 25 with 3356 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nelson Oliveira on 19:03 - Apr 25 by swan_si

don't forget he's only 23, i thought he played as well as the rest of the team today, in some cases more so.

Indeed. He puts in a lot of effort with plenty of individual skill. He might not make the grade but 'babies and bathwater' spring to mind. On this season alone I think we should consider a 1 year contract.

Nelson Oliveira on 20:09 - Apr 25 with 3195 viewsphact0rri

The way he was running on it this evening I feel that he'd situate very well in the diamond with a second forward batting in punches and making runs to assist a second forward with a better touch to finish. though he didn't seem that way earlier when he came in as a second striker but that was only the once that I recall? be worth to test it in some preseason I would think if he sticks around.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Nelson Oliveira on 20:14 - Apr 25 with 3165 viewsLAKiM

Seems to thrive off of confidence rather like Bafe to me, was a completely different player the second half after scoring so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to close out the season.

Would also like to see him with a partner (Emnes if GM fancies the diamond next week maybe?) because I feel like it would suit his game a little better. Basically I'm imagining combinations between him and a partner similar to the combination between him and Cork that led to the third goal.
Nelson Oliveira on 20:23 - Apr 25 with 3137 viewsplasjack

Nelson Oliveira on 19:03 - Apr 25 by swan_si

I agree its obvious that most of the so called expert posters on here have no idea what they are on about.
Nelson Oliveira on 20:30 - Apr 25 with 3094 viewsTim_Harry

With our system and sensible financial approach, it's always going to be unlikely that we'll have two genuine top class strikers in the squad at the same time. Like many others I believe that we expected Bony to go in the summer when we signed Gomis. I doubt we signed Gomis with the intention of him being back up to Bony.

Oliveira has said that he'd love to be back here next season, and I'd be happy to have him as our our second choice striker with that French winger/striker chap being the other striking option.
Nelson Oliveira on 20:31 - Apr 25 with 3078 viewsmonmouth

Too late?? After a big part in all three goals in his second start? Bloody Nora.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nelson Oliveira on 20:37 - Apr 25 with 3044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nelson Oliveira on 20:31 - Apr 25 by monmouth

Too late?? After a big part in all three goals in his second start? Bloody Nora.

Batty innit!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024