Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelson Oliveira 17:44 - Apr 25 with 8934 viewsDafyddHuw

Not only did he score, but lovely dummy run across goal to give Gylfi room to score, and excellent assist for Jack Cork's goal.

Too late though, I'm afraid.
Nelson Oliveira on 20:40 - Apr 25 with 2618 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

This is great, I love this stuff.

7 days ago he was worse than Shechter, now he's Bony mark 2.

Thought his overall play was below par, but fair play, he more than played his part in the 3pts today. We'd need to give him a sustained run to really see if he's up to it and I'm not sure if we can give him that with Bafe being such a high maintenance Prima donna.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Nelson Oliveira on 20:40 - Apr 25 with 2618 viewsLohengrin

Nelson Oliveira on 20:31 - Apr 25 by monmouth

Too late?? After a big part in all three goals in his second start? Bloody Nora.

Tough crowd on here!

He'll start every game between now and the break, he may change a few minds by then. I hope he does.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nelson Oliveira on 20:44 - Apr 25 with 2594 viewsFlashberryjack

Nelson Oliveira on 18:46 - Apr 25 by ScoobyWho

If he is anything more than free we should walk away.

Agree with this.
There is so much riding on us staying up next season, I'd be very worried indeed if Oliviera was our 2nd choice striker. Having said that he did have a decent game today, but as someone else has already mentioned, he did loose possession far, far to easily.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Nelson Oliveira on 20:45 - Apr 25 with 2590 viewsSweyns_Eye

I thought he did alright today. On one decent performance its not enough to judge whether he's worth signing permanently but he's on the right track. Lets see what he's like in the next 2 or 3 games eh?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Nelson Oliveira on 21:23 - Apr 25 with 2511 viewssherpajacob

Who will score the most goals between now and end of season.

Oliveira or bony?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Nelson Oliveira on 21:31 - Apr 25 with 2491 viewsChrisSCFC

He was OK to be fair but Newcastle's defence were a shambles, that Mike Williamson is one of the worst Premier League defenders I've ever seen there isn't 1 aspect of his play that's up to Premier League level. Makes me grateful for having the likes of Jordi Amat as a third choice CB.
Nelson Oliveira on 21:52 - Apr 25 with 2425 viewslatchford

Thought he had a good game today. Strong for his goal.
He will obviously have a run now of four more games. Hope he does well and shows he can do a job for us. Deserves a chance
Nelson Oliveira on 21:58 - Apr 25 with 2411 viewsswan_si

Nelson Oliveira on 21:52 - Apr 25 by latchford

Thought he had a good game today. Strong for his goal.
He will obviously have a run now of four more games. Hope he does well and shows he can do a job for us. Deserves a chance

Bafe expected back for Arsenal game
Login to get fewer ads

Nelson Oliveira on 22:08 - Apr 25 with 2392 viewsPinky

I doubt many of us would do very well in a new job if we only worked one day every 3 or 4 weeks. He might be a complete donkey mind you but we can't say yet. As somebody has said he'll play a fair bit over the next few weeks so hopefully he'll step up!
Nelson Oliveira on 23:20 - Apr 25 with 2303 viewsDavillin

Too late?? After a big part in all three goals in his second start? Bloody Nora.

Inexplicable.

He needs to start sending big bombs from 40 o4 50 yards out into Row Z, or ripping a corner flag. With an occasional glove-burning shot straight at the keeper.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Nelson Oliveira on 23:25 - Apr 25 with 2297 viewsDavillin

Nelson Oliveira on 23:20 - Apr 25 by Davillin

Inexplicable.

He needs to start sending big bombs from 40 o4 50 yards out into Row Z, or ripping a corner flag. With an occasional glove-burning shot straight at the keeper.

[Somewhere between sarcasm and irony is paradise.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Nelson Oliveira on 23:37 - Apr 25 with 2263 viewsGundog

This is an interesting topic, what if Michu is fit and back at Swansea
next season? Michu and Gomis upfront eh? with the midfield we have
and the possibilities of summer buys we most certainly will have a team
that will scare the fecking shite of most of the teams in the Prem

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Nelson Oliveira on 00:07 - Apr 26 with 2211 viewsJackSomething

Nelson Oliveira on 23:37 - Apr 25 by Gundog

This is an interesting topic, what if Michu is fit and back at Swansea
next season? Michu and Gomis upfront eh? with the midfield we have
and the possibilities of summer buys we most certainly will have a team
that will scare the fecking shite of most of the teams in the Prem

If we do see the old Michu next season, which I doubt, he'll be battling Gylfi for the number 10 role. He is not, and has never been, a striker.

One thing you can say about Nelson is that he's been better use of a loan than Itay or Vasquez were for us. Hope he carries on like today until Bafe is back.

Another thing about today was how good it was to see Shelvey win back possession twice before sending Jeff on his way to supply the second. Not the kind of thing that is reflected in stats, but it helps win games.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Nelson Oliveira on 00:15 - Apr 26 with 2195 viewsStarsky

Nelson Oliveira on 00:07 - Apr 26 by JackSomething

If we do see the old Michu next season, which I doubt, he'll be battling Gylfi for the number 10 role. He is not, and has never been, a striker.

One thing you can say about Nelson is that he's been better use of a loan than Itay or Vasquez were for us. Hope he carries on like today until Bafe is back.

Another thing about today was how good it was to see Shelvey win back possession twice before sending Jeff on his way to supply the second. Not the kind of thing that is reflected in stats, but it helps win games.

Shelvey Once agAin to the rescue!

It's just the internet, init.

Nelson Oliveira on 09:09 - Apr 26 with 2061 viewsLeonisGod

Common Mon. You know the score - hat trick in their first game or they're out

Nelson is a very different striker to the powerful Bony and Gomis and that's confusing some. He looked well at home in the 4231 yesterday and linked well with Siggy. And great to see Siggy looked at home again too after being peripheral in our defensive 'diamond' (which isn't).

Can't see how anyone can have a go at him after yesterday's performance. It will be interesting to see how he gets on for the rest of the season.
Nelson Oliveira on 09:16 - Apr 26 with 2056 viewsmonmouth

Nelson Oliveira on 00:15 - Apr 26 by Starsky

Shelvey Once agAin to the rescue!

Looked a serious class act to me. Whatever Monk has done has worked there by the look of it. JJS could have a massive season next year I think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nelson Oliveira on 09:25 - Apr 26 with 2032 viewsPegojack

Nelson Oliveira on 09:16 - Apr 26 by monmouth

Looked a serious class act to me. Whatever Monk has done has worked there by the look of it. JJS could have a massive season next year I think.

Spot on. I thought Shelvey was the unsung hero yesterday, he put in a very mature and hard working performance, the sort of thing fans might overlook but the manager would have been delighted with.
Nelson Oliveira on 09:27 - Apr 26 with 2029 viewsSwansNZ

Dav will be along to give some stats to prove Jonjo is a liability.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Nelson Oliveira on 09:30 - Apr 26 with 2020 viewsLeonisGod

Nelson Oliveira on 09:27 - Apr 26 by SwansNZ

Dav will be along to give some stats to prove Jonjo is a liability.

lol. You can see why Garry is trying to find room to play Ki, JJS, Cork and Siggy at the same time. It's a tough one as they are all quality, but we do look more comfortable with our central 2 and then Siggy iin front. Glad I'm not a manager
Nelson Oliveira on 09:45 - Apr 26 with 1993 viewsStarsky

Anyone who can't see what Shelvey brings to the team can't see the wood for the trees.

Sure,meh makes mistakes but he's committed to the cause and is a major contributor to our attack these days.

The last one on the beach too.

It's just the internet, init.

Nelson Oliveira on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 1940 viewsMattG

Thought Oliveira had a decent game. Still got knocked off the ball a bit too easily at times but his goal was, IMO, an excellent header. His dummy for Gylfi's goal and run for Cork's show an intelligence that bodes well.

Would struggle in the diamond formation but could work well in the 4-5-1.
Nelson Oliveira on 11:25 - Apr 26 with 1857 viewsdantheswansman

Nelson Oliveira on 09:45 - Apr 26 by Starsky

Anyone who can't see what Shelvey brings to the team can't see the wood for the trees.

Sure,meh makes mistakes but he's committed to the cause and is a major contributor to our attack these days.

The last one on the beach too.

Agreed Shelvey look`s a different player ,especially his attitude , Whatever Monk said after That incident on twitter with Shelveys mrs has certainly worked .
Nelson Oliveira on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 1772 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey has been consistently good if not better than that in certain games since his falling out in January. He's really maturing into a fine player and I get the feeling there's a lot more to come. Just cut out some (not all though) of the Hollywood balls in favour of a more obvious shorter pass to maintain possession and he's getting there

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nelson Oliveira on 15:03 - Apr 26 with 1764 viewsDr_Winston

The public bollocking that a lot of people criticised Monk for seems to have done the trick.

Personally I don't think we're going to see the best of Shelvey unless he's playing in that number ten role. I'd definitely be using him there whenever Siggy isn't available.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nelson Oliveira on 15:07 - Apr 26 with 1754 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nelson Oliveira on 15:03 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

The public bollocking that a lot of people criticised Monk for seems to have done the trick.

Personally I don't think we're going to see the best of Shelvey unless he's playing in that number ten role. I'd definitely be using him there whenever Siggy isn't available.

And sometimes when he is available. Horses for courses

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024