Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" 15:02 - Apr 26 with 3606 viewsDavillin

Wales Online wrote that Amat made "a poor, poor error" that led to Newcastle's first goal. What nonsense.

Football is not like foo-king curling, where every attacking "play" takes several minutes to set up, and then lasts at least a half-minute to execute -- with no defenders to interrupt it.

In a very typical football play, Amat was faced with a fast-paced attack, and had a micro-second to decided what to do and then to do it, and he made a good decision.

Amat's "problem" was that the Perez, the Newcastle attacker, also made a split-second decision and guessed right to intercept the clearance and make an attractive goal.

Amat deserves no negative criticism for that play. Zero.

Pundit know-it-alls!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:05 - Apr 26 with 3019 viewsDr_Winston

He could have let it run. He could have just whacked it away. Instead he tried to be too clever and messed it up.

The goal was his fault. Shit happens.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:08 - Apr 26 with 2997 viewslifelong

As far as Wales Online is concerned, what do you expect from a donkey but kicks.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:13 - Apr 26 with 2966 viewsunion_jack

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:05 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

He could have let it run. He could have just whacked it away. Instead he tried to be too clever and messed it up.

I'm with you on this. It was a poor and unfortunate decision. Should have been kicked into row Z at the very least. Taking chances in that area at this level often results in a goal. See Ben Davies's error yesterday.

However, Amat is a good player but everyone makes one every now and again. No harm done in the end.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:14 - Apr 26 with 2960 viewsScoobyWho

His awareness was poor, but Wales on Line ?
More like Wales on Drugs !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 2817 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I know what you're saying Dav but he really should have looked around him as the play was developing. Passing the ball back into a danger area when it could have gone out for a corner instead was not the best thing to do.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 16:26 - Apr 26 with 2727 viewsGroo

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 15:05 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

Awareness was all wrong as others have said. I assume he didn't let it run because he thought Perez was still off his right shoulder and letting it run would have meant Perez could simply tap it in.

In the end he hit it back across the goal not realising Perez had veered left, who then simply tapped it in.

Groo does what Groo does best

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 16:31 - Apr 26 with 2704 viewsDr_Winston

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 16:26 - Apr 26 by Groo

Awareness was all wrong as others have said. I assume he didn't let it run because he thought Perez was still off his right shoulder and letting it run would have meant Perez could simply tap it in.

In the end he hit it back across the goal not realising Perez had veered left, who then simply tapped it in.

Yup.

Would always preach "safety first" in that situation. He'll learn from that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 2445 viewsWhiterockin

Amat played the ball as he did as he is a central defender. A regular full back would have left it or played the ball out wide. Yes a poor decision on his part, but he was just covering for us in an area that we are weak.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 19:56 - Apr 26 with 2335 viewsMattG

Sorry, Dav but the goal was totally Amat's fault - there were a number of other options he could have chosen which would not have resulted in a goal. For whatever reason, he was not aware of where Perez was, nor did he realise that there was no Newcastle player behind him. In truth, I'm not really sure what he was trying to do.

However, all that said, he's a fine player who will hopefully learn from his mistake.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 19:59 - Apr 26 with 2328 viewsStarsky

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 19:56 - Apr 26 by MattG

Sorry, Dav but the goal was totally Amat's fault - there were a number of other options he could have chosen which would not have resulted in a goal. For whatever reason, he was not aware of where Perez was, nor did he realise that there was no Newcastle player behind him. In truth, I'm not really sure what he was trying to do.

However, all that said, he's a fine player who will hopefully learn from his mistake.

Agreed

It's just the internet, init.

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 20:15 - Apr 26 with 2291 viewsHuw57

More blame at Fab or me.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:36 - Apr 26 with 2079 viewsDavillin

The "pure blame on Amat" comments are based on curling, not the lightning speed with which a football player must identify a situation, review options, and execute the one he thinks is best.

I didn't think of it, but I think Whiterockin's observation that Amat played it like a central defender has a lot of merit.

And give some credit to the goal-score's skill in doing the lightning calculations at his end of the situation. I won't go and time the entire play, but I'd bet it's about 2 seconds from end to end, with both players thinking at warp speed.

I'm willing to agree to disagree, but I can't agree that it's all Amat's fault.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Wales Online's on 22:40 - Apr 26 with 2068 viewsHighjack

Should have launched it somewhere, simple as that.

First thing you are told as a defender is "if in doubt, tw@t it out."

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:50 - Apr 26 with 2047 viewsClinton

He's not a natural left back. He's a good player he was simply playing out of position.
For the record the second goal was his fault too.
For my money, he should have been playing centre back and let Williams go out on the left.
Anyway no harm done, Taylor back for the visit of Stoke. Thanks to Jordi for filling in.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:56 - Apr 26 with 2032 viewsUxbridge

He made a mistake. No need to slate him for it or pretend it wasn't a mistake.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 23:01 - Apr 26 with 2021 viewsSwansNZ

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:56 - Apr 26 by Uxbridge

He made a mistake. No need to slate him for it or pretend it wasn't a mistake.

This

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 00:11 - Apr 27 with 1936 viewsdameedna

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 23:01 - Apr 26 by SwansNZ

This

Amat needs more games to reduce the errors, worried into hot potato play and early fouls.
Needs to take a touch or if he is going first time, place his clearances with higher chance of retaining possession or finding touch.
For this incident he was out played by their striker, who had a very good first half.
Striker could have been another goal on 70 minutes where he took a touch on the edge of the box and fired straight at Fabianski. He is a good striker, someone to think about if he changes his hair style.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 00:20 - Apr 27 with 1927 viewsDull1Thomas

His position in the back 4 means he will always make mistakes that sometimes get punished - it's just part and parcel of the position.
But it was a mess, he could have hammered it clear TBF.
In his defence I would have expected Ash and Fab to be screaming at him to let it run - easy to criticise that from the sidelines but they did have good views of what was behind him (empty space) - he probably didn't.
Praise for Perez though he anticipated the chance and took it.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 00:35 - Apr 27 with 1909 viewsJJJack

They also said on Saturday that his mistake "had to be seen to be believed" but I was surprised when I saw it that to be honest it was far from horrendous and he had very little time to react. Someone who casually strokes the ball straight to an opposition player for no apparent reason is a "shocking" mistake. Amat's mistake was far from shocking.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 07:13 - Apr 27 with 1819 viewsjack247

He played it across his own unguarded net without knowing where the striker was. That is 100% his fault and the sort of thing you get taught not to do when you are 6. If you don't know where the striker is and don't get a shout, you can't let it run, so you just put it out for a corner.

Doesn't make him a bad player, mistakes happen, but that was schoolboy defending.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 12:34 - Apr 27 with 1637 viewsswancity

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 07:13 - Apr 27 by jack247

He played it across his own unguarded net without knowing where the striker was. That is 100% his fault and the sort of thing you get taught not to do when you are 6. If you don't know where the striker is and don't get a shout, you can't let it run, so you just put it out for a corner.

Doesn't make him a bad player, mistakes happen, but that was schoolboy defending.

Quite right, bad mistake from Amat who otherwise did well

The original poster shows again he knows nothing about 'soccer'.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 12:51 - Apr 27 with 1594 viewsTom1912

I can't understand how you can argue that it wasn't his fault.

I'm not saying he should be slaughtered for it of course, and I'm sure he'll learn from it, but the goal was entirely down to his error.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 13:12 - Apr 27 with 1558 viewsLeonisGod

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 00:35 - Apr 27 by JJJack

They also said on Saturday that his mistake "had to be seen to be believed" but I was surprised when I saw it that to be honest it was far from horrendous and he had very little time to react. Someone who casually strokes the ball straight to an opposition player for no apparent reason is a "shocking" mistake. Amat's mistake was far from shocking.

Agreed, it wasn't horrendous at all. Instinct is to try and intercept balls being fired across the box; there's barely any time to react and 9 times out of 10 that would have been the right thing to do. Had Newcastle done that then Cork wouldn't have had a tap in for example. Of course in an ideal world Fab and Amat would have been aware of what's around them and let that ball run, but that's easy to say from the replays. Yes it was proven to be a mistake, but an entirely understandable one and not shocking at all. A non-story really.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:13 - Apr 27 with 1403 viewsjack247

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 13:12 - Apr 27 by LeonisGod

Agreed, it wasn't horrendous at all. Instinct is to try and intercept balls being fired across the box; there's barely any time to react and 9 times out of 10 that would have been the right thing to do. Had Newcastle done that then Cork wouldn't have had a tap in for example. Of course in an ideal world Fab and Amat would have been aware of what's around them and let that ball run, but that's easy to say from the replays. Yes it was proven to be a mistake, but an entirely understandable one and not shocking at all. A non-story really.

Sorry mate, that is never the right thing to do. He may have got away with it 9 times out of 10, but that doesn't make it right. Its a gamble as he clearly had no idea where the striker was and tried to be cute. I'm assuming he didn't get a shout. The right thing to do that close to goal is to put it out of play, if he can't turn and clear it, which he probably couldn't have done without knowing where the striker was.
Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 05:26 - Apr 28 with 1322 viewsjack247

Wales Online's "poor, poor comment" about Amat's "error" on 22:36 - Apr 26 by Davillin

The "pure blame on Amat" comments are based on curling, not the lightning speed with which a football player must identify a situation, review options, and execute the one he thinks is best.

I didn't think of it, but I think Whiterockin's observation that Amat played it like a central defender has a lot of merit.

And give some credit to the goal-score's skill in doing the lightning calculations at his end of the situation. I won't go and time the entire play, but I'd bet it's about 2 seconds from end to end, with both players thinking at warp speed.

I'm willing to agree to disagree, but I can't agree that it's all Amat's fault.

There are no 'lightning calculations' in what the goalscorer did, it is basic positional sense.

He expects Amat to put the ball out for a corner, or try and play it further for the throw in. He can't stop him doing either, so there is no logic in trying to cover either. There is a very slim chance that Amat will make a basic error and play it across his goal. The striker simply covers this because it is the only scenario he can influence.

They aren't geniuses who instantly analyse millions of potential outcomes, they are just trained what to do in any given situation. Much like darts players aren't mathematical geniuses, they just know which combination to throw for in any situation because it is drilled into them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024