Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's championship game 19:15 - Apr 27 with 3768 viewsBaglanswan1992

Looks like B'mouth are going to be promoted tonight against Bolton. For me personally I think they deserve it due to their positive approach and entertaining football.

However, I was flicking through the papers yesterday and they are apparently in 60 million worth of debt due to the amount of wages they are paying players and the transfer fees involved.

For a club that nearly went bust a few years ago because of financial mis management if thats true then they deserve to be sanction under the FFP rules because that just beggars belief. Talk about not learning your lesson!

I will enjoy going up there next season as its a nice place and hopefully will be a Sunday game and preferably not in the winter(will probably be 3pm on Boxing Day!)

Thoughts?
Tonight's championship game on 22:48 - Apr 27 with 1282 viewsBaglanswan1992

I hope the bees go up just to prove a point to the owner, the were second before they announced that Warburton wouldn't be there next year and now they may not get the playoffs.

Always thought they were a good club. We'll run and by the fans, don't spend stupid money and develop good players(Tabb Sodjie and DJ Campbell to name a few)

My head says Norwich tho because since that Scottish bloke has taken over they have been excellent. If boro don't go up we should try and nick Bamford and/or guestede from Blackburn if that fails.
Tonight's championship game on 23:29 - Apr 27 with 1249 viewsSwanzay

They are certainly in debt, however I cant find a reference to the £60 million mentioned in the OP, not that £15 million is to be sniffed at obviously. Can anyone clarify?

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11180579.AFC_Bournemouth__Cherries_post__
Tonight's championship game on 23:37 - Apr 27 with 1234 viewsSwansNZ

Tonight's championship game on 22:02 - Apr 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

So the playoff for the final spot will likely come down to 1) Middlesbrough, 2) Norwich City, 3) Ipswich Town, and 4) Derby County, although Brentford (another club with a 12K seat ground) or Wolverhampton still have a faint chance to pass DC if they win next week and Derby loses at home to Reading.

Anybody care who prevails out of that group?

I’d like Brentford to come up.
They can also catch Ipswich, who are away at Blackburn. A defeat for Ipswich and Brentford would just need a 3 goal swing and they’d go above them with a win.

I hope Norwich do not make it back.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tonight's championship game on 07:43 - Apr 28 with 1150 viewsSwaneeRiver

Tonight's championship game on 22:02 - Apr 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

So the playoff for the final spot will likely come down to 1) Middlesbrough, 2) Norwich City, 3) Ipswich Town, and 4) Derby County, although Brentford (another club with a 12K seat ground) or Wolverhampton still have a faint chance to pass DC if they win next week and Derby loses at home to Reading.

Anybody care who prevails out of that group?

I'd love to see Brentford do it.
I love to see unfashionable clubs like ourselves and Bournemouth achieve promotion to the Premier League rather than sleeping giants like Middlesbrough & Derby, or yo-yo clubs like Norwich
Tonight's championship game on 09:55 - Apr 28 with 1046 viewstomdickharry

Think we would all like to see Brentford coming up but bit of a long shot,Ipswich I think would suit us better with an unsophisticated Manager who has a total disregard for the right way to play the game,Watford,Bournemouth and Ipswich would have the rest of the PL cheering.
Tonight's championship game on 10:01 - Apr 28 with 1039 viewsJackSomething

Tonight's championship game on 09:55 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

Think we would all like to see Brentford coming up but bit of a long shot,Ipswich I think would suit us better with an unsophisticated Manager who has a total disregard for the right way to play the game,Watford,Bournemouth and Ipswich would have the rest of the PL cheering.

You must be delighted to see one of the finest strikers in the land is finally going to be playing in the PL next season. How many do you think he'll score?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tonight's championship game on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 1023 viewstomdickharry

Tonight's championship game on 10:01 - Apr 28 by JackSomething

You must be delighted to see one of the finest strikers in the land is finally going to be playing in the PL next season. How many do you think he'll score?

Everything comes to those who wait,always had great faith in Pitman would have been a good signing for us and deserves his place in Bournemouth's history,has a career scoring record of 0.33 in over 300 league appearances. As an aside another Premiership striker for Chis Coleman to pick from, born in Jersey therefore qualified for Wales surely a far better option than Simon Church or Sam Vokes.
Tonight's championship game on 10:38 - Apr 28 with 1014 viewsJackSomething

Tonight's championship game on 10:27 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

Everything comes to those who wait,always had great faith in Pitman would have been a good signing for us and deserves his place in Bournemouth's history,has a career scoring record of 0.33 in over 300 league appearances. As an aside another Premiership striker for Chis Coleman to pick from, born in Jersey therefore qualified for Wales surely a far better option than Simon Church or Sam Vokes.

I've always enjoyed your love for Pitman. It's heartwarming.

Is he automatically eligible to play for Wales just because he was born in Jersey? If he is, and wants to play for us, he'd probably be worth a shot. Better option than Church probably, but I'd disagree on Vokes.

Vokes scored 20 goals in the Championship last season, while Pitman has only scored 24 goals at that level over 3 seasons. I can't see him playing much next season, although I wish him luck.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's championship game on 10:42 - Apr 28 with 1005 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Tonight's championship game on 10:38 - Apr 28 by JackSomething

Is he automatically eligible to play for Wales just because he was born in Jersey? If he is, and wants to play for us, he'd probably be worth a shot. Better option than Church probably, but I'd disagree on Vokes.

Vokes scored 20 goals in the Championship last season, while Pitman has only scored 24 goals at that level over 3 seasons. I can't see him playing much next season, although I wish him luck.

Didn't know he had any links with Wales.

Was a force a few years ago, but I think his best years are behind him now.

Hopefully Shaun MacDonald gets a few games too.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Tonight's championship game on 12:34 - Apr 28 with 961 viewstomdickharry

Tonight's championship game on 10:38 - Apr 28 by JackSomething

Yes he can play for any one of the home nations, Graeme Le Soux chose England,same as the great Mat Le Tissier,Guernsey born. All matters being equal he can play for Wales,I am assuming he has a British Passport which is the must requirement and that he hasn't represented any of the other home nations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024