Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s 07:05 - May 6 with 6743 viewsthomasJack

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Newcastle-agree-15-million-deal-Swansea-Ci

Poll: Next signing

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:29 - May 6 with 2735 viewsDr_Winston

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:55 - May 6 by monmouth

We might need one but I don't think there's a cats chance in hell of us paying for one.

Nope. More likely to take a chance on a £5-6m one.

And I'm still not buying the "we brought Gomis in because we expected Bony to leave" story. We brought him in to partner him, not replace him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:41 - May 6 with 2719 viewsmonmouth

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:29 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

And I'm still not buying the "we brought Gomis in because we expected Bony to leave" story. We brought him in to partner him, not replace him.

Then I'll be very (very) pleasantly surprised.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:57 - May 6 with 2681 viewsJackSomething

I have nothing to base this on at all, but I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to sign Gestede for about £7m.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:21 - May 6 with 2659 viewsDrizzy

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:29 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Except that's exactly what happened. Gomis arrived, we couldn't accommodate both players in our starting XI effectively, Gomis had a strop about playing second fiddle and then Wilf left just like everyone predicted.

Apart from that you're absolutely unequivocally correct.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 18:23]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:26 - May 6 with 2653 viewsFlashberryjack

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:41 - May 6 by monmouth

Then I'll be very (very) pleasantly surprised.

Me as well....can't see Huw paying the wages Gomis is reportedly on, for a reserve striker.
If Gomis stays....be interesting to see who Huw goes for as second choice striker, his record isn't very good in that department when you think of the likes of Shechter & Vasquez.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:40 - May 6 with 2635 viewsthomasJack

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:26 - May 6 by Flashberryjack

Me as well....can't see Huw paying the wages Gomis is reportedly on, for a reserve striker.
If Gomis stays....be interesting to see who Huw goes for as second choice striker, his record isn't very good in that department when you think of the likes of Shechter & Vasquez.

Maybe Luc Castaignos we were after him in the summer and i think i read last week we were after him again

Poll: Next signing

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:56 - May 6 with 2601 viewsLAKiM

I reckon making Oliviera's transfer permanent is realistic as I don't think he would cost a terrible amount since Benfica seem to want rid of him, he knows the team/system, and seems (at least to me) to be someone capable of playing with a partner up top in Monk's diamond or in our 4-3-3 as a lone striker role when required.

Also curious, what do we know about Gestede besides the lad is massive/scored a lot of goals this past season?
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:59 - May 6 with 2597 viewsFlashberryjack

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:40 - May 6 by thomasJack

Maybe Luc Castaignos we were after him in the summer and i think i read last week we were after him again

Could well be Castaignos if he fits in with Huw's financial plans.
But is Castaignos the second striker Garry wants ? If not, there could be trouble ahead.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 19:59 - May 6 with 2545 viewsshandyjack

I think we'll be in big trouble if we go into next season with Baf as our main striker,
a new CF is a prority

Poll: Expectation for the season

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 20:19 - May 6 with 2524 viewstomdickharry

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:26 - May 6 by Flashberryjack

Albert Adomah.
Mitrovich is no reserve striker and if Gomis doesn't like playing second fiddle then there's the door.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 20:30 - May 6 with 2506 viewsraynor94

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 20:19 - May 6 by tomdickharry

Albert Adomah.
Mitrovich is no reserve striker and if Gomis doesn't like playing second fiddle then there's the door.

And that's the reason he won't be coming here, I see nothing wrong in gomis being up top, fitness prevailing he will hit 15 no problem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 23:58 - May 6 with 2380 viewsScoobyWho

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 19:59 - May 6 by shandyjack

I think we'll be in big trouble if we go into next season with Baf as our main striker,
a new CF is a prority

Can't see Gomis being here, Huw and co have long memories and will sell him at the drop of a hat ( or is it a pin ? ) If he stays the club will have a whol e load of issues with him the minute he starts getting shunted on to the bench. Mans a ticking hissy fit. Trust me I reckon they will cash in as soon as.
Two in, Gomis out and the traditional loan fck up as back up 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 00:43 - May 7 with 2355 viewsDull1Thomas

I can see us sticking with Gomis and bringing in wing/striker or even re-signing Oliveira on a second season loan.

Brilliant if Gomis keeps up his form and is fit.

The nightmare scenario would be Gomis goes on another scoreless run (given age and injuries that isn't an outlandish thought) & we go with Michu as back up and his fitness fails again.
Two expensive players sitting in the treatment room until contracts run out.

I have to say I'm not expecting much in the summer - maybe one big signing & a cheap replacement for Taylor if he goes.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 10:34 - May 7 with 2205 viewsDewi1jack

There's some very good points made for and against an expensive (for us anyway) striker, who may/may not be a back up for Bafe. Could be a major problem if Bafe is the back up!
The TV money goes beyond stupid the season after next (plus foreign TV rights to be added.) Maybe our board would consider the risk and think the rewards merit doing so?
I'd like to see Nelson bought as well. I think he has got bags of potential and seems to be able to play in a couple of positions. I fully expect to get pelters about this.
Got it over Wilf, JJ and Tayls, I'll get it again.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:37 - May 7 with 2128 viewstomdickharry

So the flavour of this thread is we will not,do not require,he'll be a reserve, pursue the signing of Mitrovic,who is 20 yrs of age,6ft2" tall,Serbian International,with a goal scoring record of 0.50,43 appearances this season well suited to the lone striker role, but stick with a 30 yr old French striker who throws his toys out of the basket at the first sight 0of a threat to his regular place in the team. We should make Mitrovic our No1 target without a shadow of doubt,the cheap option days are gone.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:48 - May 7 with 2132 viewsmonmouth

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:37 - May 7 by tomdickharry

So the flavour of this thread is we will not,do not require,he'll be a reserve, pursue the signing of Mitrovic,who is 20 yrs of age,6ft2" tall,Serbian International,with a goal scoring record of 0.50,43 appearances this season well suited to the lone striker role, but stick with a 30 yr old French striker who throws his toys out of the basket at the first sight 0of a threat to his regular place in the team. We should make Mitrovic our No1 target without a shadow of doubt,the cheap option days are gone.

Nope. The flavour of this thread is that the club will probably not do this no matter what you, I, or anybody else might like.

As soon as they opted to pay out for Gomis that was game set and match unless we play 2 up top and I think Villarreal and our midfield options have put paid to that little wheeze. Neither Gomis nor your current poster boy are back ups for a small/middling club. If they can flog Gomis off things might be different, but your blokey would probably still end up on the bench at Liverpool, Spurs or possibly even one of the big 4.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 13:14 - May 7 with 2097 viewsTom1912

It was definitely because we expected Bony to leave.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 13:32 - May 7 with 2069 viewswaynekerr55

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:57 - May 6 by JackSomething

I have nothing to base this on at all, but I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to sign Gestede for about £7m.

I f*cking hope not. A big lumbering donkey who is nowhere near good enough for us

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:16 - May 7 with 2030 viewstomdickharry

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:48 - May 7 by monmouth

Nope. The flavour of this thread is that the club will probably not do this no matter what you, I, or anybody else might like.

As soon as they opted to pay out for Gomis that was game set and match unless we play 2 up top and I think Villarreal and our midfield options have put paid to that little wheeze. Neither Gomis nor your current poster boy are back ups for a small/middling club. If they can flog Gomis off things might be different, but your blokey would probably still end up on the bench at Liverpool, Spurs or possibly even one of the big 4.

You may very well be correct and of course the impending return of Michu could put an additional strain on our wage bill. However,feel that the Mitrovic signing is in the pipeline and our club are prepared for Gomis's possible departure. Who can tell without knowing the thoughts of the Board,but one factor is set in stone that relegation from the PL next season would be disastrous and despite the promotion of what would appear to be weak teams in PL terms the need for our club to strengthen with quality is of paramount importance.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:25 - May 7 with 1968 viewssnork44

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:16 - May 7 by tomdickharry

You may very well be correct and of course the impending return of Michu could put an additional strain on our wage bill. However,feel that the Mitrovic signing is in the pipeline and our club are prepared for Gomis's possible departure. Who can tell without knowing the thoughts of the Board,but one factor is set in stone that relegation from the PL next season would be disastrous and despite the promotion of what would appear to be weak teams in PL terms the need for our club to strengthen with quality is of paramount importance.

Iesu Mawr , I'm going for a lie down as I am agreeing with TDH ! I feel sullied and grubby now !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 18:20 - May 7 with 1910 viewstomdickharry

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 17:25 - May 7 by snork44

Iesu Mawr , I'm going for a lie down as I am agreeing with TDH ! I feel sullied and grubby now !

Thanks,I just give my honest opinion as I see things some are right some are wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024