Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacks.... 15:59 - May 18 with 12045 viewsTrundle10

Some posters are getting a bit precious about the Jack monicker used for Swansea fans. Was not sure it was an issue but some posters seem to think it is wrong???? Lots of flags about stating Merthyr Jacks, Rhondda Jacks etc etc. What are your feelings on this?
Jacks.... on 16:04 - May 18 with 6377 viewsairedale

Seems to me that the Media have discovered this term 'Jacks', and they deem it synonymous with Swansea City FC.
Jacks.... on 16:06 - May 18 with 6370 viewsscottishjack

Why is anyone getting precious about it?
Jacks.... on 16:09 - May 18 with 6350 viewsGeoffThom

There's cockneys ,brumies ,mancs ,scousers,Geordies ,and now jacks embrace fellow jacks wherever they be from because half the others aren't natives sometimes either
Jacks.... on 16:10 - May 18 with 6346 viewssherpajacob

Not all swans fans are jacks, but all jacks should be swans fans

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Jacks.... on 16:13 - May 18 with 6331 viewsItchySphincter

It's just Perch. It's always the ones that move away. It's like the Welsh, some of the biggest Welshies I know are the ones that left for England and make a living in our capital, and I don't mean Cardiff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jacks.... on 16:23 - May 18 with 6288 viewsicecoldjack

Dutch Jacks, Ammanford Jacks, German Jacks, Aberdare Jacks ..makes no difference to me, if any of those people want to follow the team i love then they are more then welcome!

It's great to see flags from different places all with the name "jack" written under the bottom, warms the heart it does!

Embrace and convert as many people from far and wide to being "jacks" . from Australian to S Korean Jacks to those from Swansea, but are all over this fair planet.

I think its a beautiful thing and one the more positive aspects of being in the premier league, make new friends and new fans where ever you go , we will hopefully have some extra stadium seats to put them in in a few years!!

A term of affection for those who want to feel part of the Swansea family is fine by me .
Jacks.... on 17:00 - May 18 with 6193 viewsTrundle10

Jacks.... on 16:06 - May 18 by scottishjack

Why is anyone getting precious about it?

On another thread one poster is even givIng geographical boundaries 8-/
Jacks.... on 17:30 - May 18 with 6138 viewsraynor94

You have to be born within the sound of the bells St Mary's to be a true jack, I was lucky

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Jacks.... on 18:10 - May 18 with 6013 viewsDewi1jack

Jacks.... on 16:23 - May 18 by icecoldjack

Dutch Jacks, Ammanford Jacks, German Jacks, Aberdare Jacks ..makes no difference to me, if any of those people want to follow the team i love then they are more then welcome!

It's great to see flags from different places all with the name "jack" written under the bottom, warms the heart it does!

Embrace and convert as many people from far and wide to being "jacks" . from Australian to S Korean Jacks to those from Swansea, but are all over this fair planet.

I think its a beautiful thing and one the more positive aspects of being in the premier league, make new friends and new fans where ever you go , we will hopefully have some extra stadium seats to put them in in a few years!!

A term of affection for those who want to feel part of the Swansea family is fine by me .

This.
And what Sherpa said.
I would love to see all the kiddies in Swansea, wearing Swansea tops instead of Chelsea, United, Liverpool or any other PL team.
Not going to happen until we can start getting them through the turnstiles, to take over from us oldies

Does someone who moves away for work/ family reasons etc, stop being a Jack as they are no longer within the boundaries that have been set by another poster?
Even if they still travel to the home and away games?
Do I have to find another team to support?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who supports us can adopt the term Swansea Jack. Especially as our family seems to be growing day by day, week by week, from all parts of the World.
Personally, I love seeing all the Jacks from all over the place, filling our ground or the away end wherever we play.
It means we've grown a little bit from the days we could muster less than 1500 down the Vetch for cup or league games.
You know, the good old days where you could sit where you wanted to on the NB
We regularly take more than that away nowadays

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jacks.... on 18:13 - May 18 with 5999 viewsBanosswan

Jacks.... on 18:10 - May 18 by Dewi1jack

This.
And what Sherpa said.
I would love to see all the kiddies in Swansea, wearing Swansea tops instead of Chelsea, United, Liverpool or any other PL team.
Not going to happen until we can start getting them through the turnstiles, to take over from us oldies

Does someone who moves away for work/ family reasons etc, stop being a Jack as they are no longer within the boundaries that have been set by another poster?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who supports us can adopt the term Swansea Jack. Especially as our family seems to be growing day by day, week by week, from all parts of the World.
Personally, I love seeing all the Jacks from all over the place, filling our ground or the away end wherever we play.
It means we've grown a little bit from the days we could muster less than 1500 down the Vetch for cup or league games.

Where are these boundaries posted?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jacks.... on 18:35 - May 18 with 5935 viewsC_jack

I think you're getting carried away, it's mostly Perch just talking to himself.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Jacks.... on 20:22 - May 18 with 5796 viewsDewi1jack

Jacks.... on 18:13 - May 18 by Banosswan

Where are these boundaries posted?

Not sure.
But I believe it to be in one of the threads about the Swansea Family/ Jacks.
Something about it being somewhere around Lougher and Briton Ferry (can we change the spelling to Britton in honour of 'ickle Leon?), which just plays up to the " whole of Wales/ England/ Spain/ World is Crapduff blue/ red/ pink"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jacks.... on 20:37 - May 18 with 5750 viewsBloodyhills

Jacks.... on 16:23 - May 18 by icecoldjack

Yup.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jacks.... on 20:42 - May 18 with 5728 viewsLeonisGod

Jacks.... on 18:10 - May 18 by Dewi1jack

This.
And what Sherpa said.

Kids NOT wearing swans tops are very much in the minority now. Certain in the younger age groups - my lad goes to various footbball coaching sessions and there's normally enough to have a good game home v away strips without needing bibs. Out of about 15-18 kids you see maybe 3-4 non-SwNs kits and interestingly these are as likely to be Real or Barca as they are another PL side. Or just a plain T. We're def having an impact on the kids now which is great to see.
Jacks.... on 21:02 - May 18 with 5668 viewsdgt73

"Jacks" is a metaphor for Swans fans who aren't from Swansea.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Jacks.... on 23:41 - May 18 with 5524 viewsAmpadu

Jacks.... on 21:02 - May 18 by dgt73

"Jacks" is a metaphor for Swans fans who aren't from Swansea.

Really? Go on then, expand on this........

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Jacks.... on 00:31 - May 19 with 5484 viewsBanosswan

I want to know if I qualify!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jacks.... on 09:29 - May 19 with 5348 viewsperchrockjack

Me precious/
OK THEN thanks

NOW THEN, ITS NOT ME ,ITS A FACT THAT Swansea Jacks was a term used for SWANSEA mariners who were pre-eminent in their field. Also the legend of the black Labrador. Now , with me so far, this here dog didn't jump into the Dare,Amman,Dulais,Rhymney or God help us the Usk, so you feckers will have to come up with some other means of attack.

If JACK is a term used to support our club in 2015 then fine with me but please do not tell me someone from Aberdare/Carmarthen,Llanell, Abercymboi ,would outside football describe themselves as a jack to anyone .

Liverpool fans from Surrey to Somerset are not scousers and Newcastle fans from Duneness aren't geordies either and those legions of Manchester united fans in Swansea aren't Mancs either as much as the Arse supporters aren't "cockney".

Precious is the pitiful sideswipes at anyone on here not toeing the party line.

WE VE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE and it led to tears so carry on.Pm me by all means.

I detected a little snide remark at exile SWANSEA fans; those who left the village so to speak. Don't know why they bother

as you were

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jacks.... on 09:38 - May 19 with 5335 viewsraynor94

Jacks.... on 09:29 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Me precious/
OK THEN thanks

NOW THEN, ITS NOT ME ,ITS A FACT THAT Swansea Jacks was a term used for SWANSEA mariners who were pre-eminent in their field. Also the legend of the black Labrador. Now , with me so far, this here dog didn't jump into the Dare,Amman,Dulais,Rhymney or God help us the Usk, so you feckers will have to come up with some other means of attack.

If JACK is a term used to support our club in 2015 then fine with me but please do not tell me someone from Aberdare/Carmarthen,Llanell, Abercymboi ,would outside football describe themselves as a jack to anyone .

Liverpool fans from Surrey to Somerset are not scousers and Newcastle fans from Duneness aren't geordies either and those legions of Manchester united fans in Swansea aren't Mancs either as much as the Arse supporters aren't "cockney".

I detected a little snide remark at exile SWANSEA fans; those who left the village so to speak. Don't know why they bother

as you were

Spot on post perch,100% agree, how can a Turk or a Black call themselves a jack!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jacks.... on 09:42 - May 19 with 5327 viewsWarwickHunt

Jacks.... on 09:38 - May 19 by raynor94

Spot on post perch,100% agree, how can a Turk or a Black call themselves a jack!

Of course, true Jacks were born and raised in SA1 in the shadow of the Vetch...
Jacks.... on 09:43 - May 19 with 5325 viewsTrundle10

Jacks.... on 09:29 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Me precious/
OK THEN thanks

as you were

Your analogy is full of holes my friend. Lets take your Liverpool example... Huyton... Lee Trundle is from there..... Scouse??? Same distance from Liverpool as Neath or Port Talbot is from Swansea. Where is your geographical boundry? Also the You Jack B*****d chant, this must be really annoying as bar the odd one or two, none of the players hail from Swansea. Jack is a term for Swansea supporters world wide for me. Same as chelsea fans are called Blues. You know, Kerry Blues, Dundalk Blues etc etc. Some would argue that supporters from further afield invest more time and money into supporting Swansea than the "locals"

Pedant.
Jacks.... on 09:45 - May 19 with 5306 viewsperchrockjack

Its the end of the season and Im feeling mellow so don't really want to start a ruck BUT Im not having it.
I recall going to the Glen regularly and when hearing the phrase "jacks over there" you knew a ruck was coming. NOW ITS OK apparently if you re a SWANSEA city fan and that s fine.

Also Neath, a town I worked in. Just remember how locals and the lads from Tonna and Tonmawr used to react. I can see them now.

Words evolve, like "awesome" which now describes the most mundane items in life.,in fact I ve just had an awesome dump/

Think it was the Aberdare fella that really made me see my arse as all my chums back home were SWANSEA PEOPLE and that is what is used to describe. STILL DOES.

Finally, you wont find any LIVERPOOL fans from Milton KEYNES or Mumbles describing themselves as scousers. GET MY DRIFT.

Good

And thank you raynor, we ve been at it a long time on here.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jacks.... (n/t) on 09:54 - May 19 with 5282 viewsTrundle10

Jacks.... on 09:45 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Its the end of the season and Im feeling mellow so don't really want to start a ruck BUT Im not having it.
I recall going to the Glen regularly and when hearing the phrase "jacks over there" you knew a ruck was coming. NOW ITS OK apparently if you re a SWANSEA city fan and that s fine.

Also Neath, a town I worked in. Just remember how locals and the lads from Tonna and Tonmawr used to react. I can see them now.

Words evolve, like "awesome" which now describes the most mundane items in life.,in fact I ve just had an awesome dump/

Think it was the Aberdare fella that really made me see my arse as all my chums back home were SWANSEA PEOPLE and that is what is used to describe. STILL DOES.

Finally, you wont find any LIVERPOOL fans from Milton KEYNES or Mumbles describing themselves as scousers. GET MY DRIFT.

Good

Jacks.... (n/t) on 09:54 - May 19 with 5282 viewsTrundle10

Jacks.... on 09:45 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Good

The Jack nickname has become synonymous with the football club tho don't you think? The surrey Liverpool fans you alluded to would refer to themselves as reds as you rightly pointed out. Scouser is a term used for the wider area. Also there is a Villa season ticket holder in work with me who is a Villain and not a Brummie. Jack would not be used in the local vernacular were it not for the football club my friend. Hope this clears it up for you.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 10:01]
Jacks.... on 09:56 - May 19 with 5272 viewsWarwickHunt

Have another go...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024