Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacks.... 15:59 - May 18 with 12169 viewsTrundle10

Some posters are getting a bit precious about the Jack monicker used for Swansea fans. Was not sure it was an issue but some posters seem to think it is wrong???? Lots of flags about stating Merthyr Jacks, Rhondda Jacks etc etc. What are your feelings on this?
Jacks.... on 20:48 - Aug 28 with 1415 viewsJackUlation

If you are born within hearing distance of a vetch bog flushing you are a true Jack
Jacks.... on 21:06 - Aug 28 with 1382 viewsmorningstar

Jacks.... on 20:48 - Aug 28 by JackUlation

If you are born within hearing distance of a vetch bog flushing you are a true Jack

Well there aren't any true Jacks then, as if my memory serves me right the bogs didn't flush! But if they did, then I'd be a true jack!

However, to me, anyone who supports our club wherever they are from in the world can call themselves a Jack!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jacks.... on 21:44 - Aug 28 with 1343 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jacks.... on 21:06 - Aug 28 by morningstar

Well there aren't any true Jacks then, as if my memory serves me right the bogs didn't flush! But if they did, then I'd be a true jack!

However, to me, anyone who supports our club wherever they are from in the world can call themselves a Jack!

Let's be totally honest about this , a true jack has to be born n bred in swansea ,

The rest are Swans supporters

But they are all true members of the jack army .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jacks.... on 03:33 - Aug 29 with 1275 viewsphact0rri

Being well read and seeing the term "Jack" used so often one can see that it is true that a jack refers to a mariner. However in football world swansea has embraced it as a bit of its own. Though I'm from haverfordwest, but a swansea fan I do identify as "Jack" when people ask of my patronage.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Jacks.... on 12:59 - Aug 30 with 1179 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks.... on 09:42 - May 19 by WarwickHunt

Of course, true Jacks were born and raised in SA1 in the shadow of the Vetch...

Not true. Born OVERLOOKING the Vetch and the bay is an definitely qualifier. Perch (if he was born in MANSELTON) doesn't qualify. The feckin' RANCOUR that he is. He should support the Malsters.
Mount pleasant maternity hospital - the origin of true Swansea Jacks!
Even Morriston monkeys are called into question !
TBH I'm quite happy for even Neath RFC supporters like Darran "Waldron" Prosser to assume the umbrella term .
Well ok, maybe not so much HIM but ...........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jacks.... on 13:03 - Aug 30 with 1178 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks.... on 21:44 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Let's be totally honest about this , a true jack has to be born n bred in swansea ,

The rest are Swans supporters

But they are all true members of the jack army .

Very true Tommy, hope you enjoy the game mate. If you're going to be around the harvested I'll buy you a pint !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jacks.... on 13:42 - Aug 30 with 1162 viewsperchrockjack

Birthplace uou got wrong now bryn bach

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024