Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread 16:39 - May 18 with 21311 viewsDarran

Last game of the season so we're having a special match thread for you to express your views on who Garry should pick,should he experiment?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:15 - May 19 with 4996 viewsDull1Thomas

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:03 - May 19 by raynor94

You are not very keen on Shelvey as you have posted on here numerous occasions, you can't even hide your contempt in the thread, love to see him capped? of course you would

Not keen on Jonjo for most of the season but have acknowledged the work Monk has done on him and the improvements he's made recently - including offering my opinion that he's been MoM in a couple of games.
My previous post was more to do with disagreeing with some fans who IMO think he's either indispensable or of international calibre.

Although I really like Nathan and always have it doesn't stop me be objective and giving an opinion that he's not been 100% since his return to the stating line up. I would be of the same opinion if there were calls fro him to be called up to the England squad on current form.

Would I like to see Swansea City players chosen to play at international level - of course I would, why wouldn't I? But only if they are good enough. Shelvey was called up when he wasn't good enough and so it proved. Half a season playing as he has since the beginning of March and he could be in contention.
In my opinion.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:22]

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 15:35 - May 19 with 4955 viewsDarran

I think JJS has had an outstanding season and could also do him good to be named vice captain.

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:15 - May 19 with 4933 viewskarnataka

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:02 - May 19 by airedale

Yeah, I don't recall the bloke's name, but I've got him filed under the category 'Skillful Whippet'

Most probably Wilfried Zaha then.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:46 - May 19 with 4890 viewsswan_si

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:15 - May 19 by karnataka

Most probably Wilfried Zaha then.

or Jason Puncheon
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:18 - May 19 with 4845 viewsJohnw102

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:02 - May 19 by airedale

Yeah, I don't recall the bloke's name, but I've got him filed under the category 'Skillful Whippet'

Is it Puncheon (spelling?)

Sorry didn't see the above post
[Post edited 19 May 2015 18:27]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:40 - May 19 with 4803 viewsairedale

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:46 - May 19 by swan_si

or Jason Puncheon

This is the fella!

Him and Bolasie were excellent against Liverpool.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 19:41]
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:51 - May 19 with 4792 viewslondonlisa2001

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 15:35 - May 19 by Darran

I think JJS has had an outstanding season and could also do him good to be named vice captain.

Funny you should say that. I think he's the sort of player that would take the responsibility well - I think it would make him better rather than worse and give him motivation (in a positive way rather than a charge around the pitch like a headless chicken way). I had a problem with him earlier in the season because I thought he was unfit, but recently (since the spat with Monk) he seems to have taken it in exactly the right way and really got a grip and his performances have improved beyond all recognition.

I was wondering on Sunday whether in a year or so when Ash starts to become less regular (or goes i guess) whether Jonjo would be a good shout as captain for that very reason (maybe with Ash staying as club captain).
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:54 - May 19 with 4739 viewsItchySphincter

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:51 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

Funny you should say that. I think he's the sort of player that would take the responsibility well - I think it would make him better rather than worse and give him motivation (in a positive way rather than a charge around the pitch like a headless chicken way). I had a problem with him earlier in the season because I thought he was unfit, but recently (since the spat with Monk) he seems to have taken it in exactly the right way and really got a grip and his performances have improved beyond all recognition.

I was wondering on Sunday whether in a year or so when Ash starts to become less regular (or goes i guess) whether Jonjo would be a good shout as captain for that very reason (maybe with Ash staying as club captain).

Liverpool could do with Jonjo next season.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 23:45 - May 19 with 4643 viewsDarran

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:51 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

That's why I said it.

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:46 - May 20 with 4342 viewsAl_Bundy

Don't see why we have to rest players for this one... the whole squad will be resting for the best part of two months after this weekend.

Play our best side and win the match. Maybe give one or two youths 20 mins but nothing more.

Finish on a high!!
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:39 - May 20 with 4317 viewsyescomeon

On current form and if the squad was fully fit I this JJS would pip Ki to a spot in the midfield at the moment (Cork and Gylfi pretty much nailed on DM & AM) and for me Ki has been player of the season (more or less 50:50 him or Fab, but Ki I think might just edge it).

Upthecity!

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 00:18 - May 21 with 4211 viewsSwansNZ

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:46 - May 20 by Al_Bundy

Don't see why we have to rest players for this one... the whole squad will be resting for the best part of two months after this weekend.

Play our best side and win the match. Maybe give one or two youths 20 mins but nothing more.

Finish on a high!!

No need to rest any, but I'd like to see Grimes and Barrow get a run, at least 20-30 minutes.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 11:14 - May 21 with 4114 viewsDarran

Any whispers from last night on Shelveys fitness?
[Post edited 21 May 2015 11:15]

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:12 - May 21 with 4091 viewsoldseadog

hello i've never been on a forum in my life before so please excuse me posting this: Hello everyone, I am looking for 2 spaces on a bus or mini bus or car to get to the Palace game this sunday, willing to pay way etc please call Andrew on 07969224009 thanks
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 23:46 - May 21 with 3861 viewsScoobyWho

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:12 - May 21 by oldseadog

hello i've never been on a forum in my life before so please excuse me posting this: Hello everyone, I am looking for 2 spaces on a bus or mini bus or car to get to the Palace game this sunday, willing to pay way etc please call Andrew on 07969224009 thanks

Wouldn't you be better contacting Huge Hairdo and his crew via the club ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 10:06 - May 22 with 3751 viewsLeonisGod

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:46 - May 20 by Al_Bundy

Finish on a high!!

A couple at most maybe. We know that Fulton can do a job from the start, so maybe just the one change there. If Amat's fit it would be nice to see him get a run-out too.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:17 - May 22 with 3671 viewsairedale

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 10:06 - May 22 by LeonisGod

A couple at most maybe. We know that Fulton can do a job from the start, so maybe just the one change there. If Amat's fit it would be nice to see him get a run-out too.

I think that Amat might be out until pre-season with a broken bone in his foot. Bartley looks fit though.

Would like to see Grimes and Gorre have a little go.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:54 - May 22 with 3649 viewsmonmouth

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:17 - May 22 by airedale

I think that Amat might be out until pre-season with a broken bone in his foot. Bartley looks fit though.

Would like to see Grimes and Gorre have a little go.

Grimes might get some time, especially if JJS has a niggle. Personally I'd like to see Leon start, as whatever Monk says I doubt he'll be getting many games again. Apart from that I want the first team and a win please.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:16 - May 22 with 3628 viewsairedale

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:54 - May 22 by monmouth

Grimes might get some time, especially if JJS has a niggle. Personally I'd like to see Leon start, as whatever Monk says I doubt he'll be getting many games again. Apart from that I want the first team and a win please.

Watched Gorre last week for the U21s, and wouldn't mind seeing him on for 5 or 10 to see if he can dance through a big boy's PL defence.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:57 - May 22 with 3542 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

JJS not training here

[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:59]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:16 - May 22 with 3521 viewsGlyn1

What would an airedale know about whippets?

Start with Tremmel in goal as a thank you for the solid contribution that he's made to the team, and also give the fringe players some starts.

This is the very definition of a completely meaningless game - we'll never have a more meaningless one - so if we can't experiment here without any pressure at all then we never will. And from a cynical point of view, the management want a realistic target to aim for next season, and while 56 points will be very difficult to match 59 points will be even bloody harder. If we finished on 58 points some people on this board will be in meltdown in May 2016

I predict 2 - 2 with goals from Montero and Fernandez.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:29 - May 22 with 3512 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:16 - May 22 by Glyn1

What would an airedale know about whippets?

Start with Tremmel in goal as a thank you for the solid contribution that he's made to the team, and also give the fringe players some starts.

This is the very definition of a completely meaningless game - we'll never have a more meaningless one - so if we can't experiment here without any pressure at all then we never will. And from a cynical point of view, the management want a realistic target to aim for next season, and while 56 points will be very difficult to match 59 points will be even bloody harder. If we finished on 58 points some people on this board will be in meltdown in May 2016

I predict 2 - 2 with goals from Montero and Fernandez.

Again, I just can't see how anybody could suggest we deny Fab the chance at a Golden Glove. Especially now, when we should be kissing his ass and looking to get a happy Fab to sign a new contract.

In fact, it's arguably the ONE thing we still have left to play for. I'm not (quite) suggesting that I'd prefer 0-0 to a 1-2 Swansea victory, but Fab certainly deserves the chance to win it and get the sour taste of last Sunday out of his mouth.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 17:32]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:12 - May 22 with 3484 viewsGlyn1

I've just phoned the local Wetherspoons pub The William Stanley to double-check that away fans can use it before the match. The guy on the phone said "you're all welcome, including wearing football shirts - just don't do drugs, be noisy and abusive, or be Cardiff".

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-william-stanley

The William Stanley is at 8 High Street, South Norwood near Norwood Junction train station. Here's the route to the ground: http://tinyurl.com/o5f8mbp

Do NOT go to the official Wetherpoons in Crystal Palace (The Postal Order) because that's almost a 2 mile walk to the stadium.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 18:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:03 - May 22 with 3414 viewsepaul

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:12 - May 22 by Glyn1

I've just phoned the local Wetherspoons pub The William Stanley to double-check that away fans can use it before the match. The guy on the phone said "you're all welcome, including wearing football shirts - just don't do drugs, be noisy and abusive, or be Cardiff".

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-william-stanley

The William Stanley is at 8 High Street, South Norwood near Norwood Junction train station. Here's the route to the ground: http://tinyurl.com/o5f8mbp

Do NOT go to the official Wetherpoons in Crystal Palace (The Postal Order) because that's almost a 2 mile walk to the stadium.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 18:13]

Go to the William Stanley everytime, it might be a wetherspoons but its ok 5 mins from stn, 5 mins from ground, we'll be there 1030 Sunday

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:11 - May 22 with 3403 viewsAndy1300

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:16 - May 22 by airedale

Watched Gorre last week for the U21s, and wouldn't mind seeing him on for 5 or 10 to see if he can dance through a big boy's PL defence.

He had a great game, very good feet

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024