Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread 16:39 - May 18 with 21313 viewsDarran

Last game of the season so we're having a special match thread for you to express your views on who Garry should pick,should he experiment?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 16:42 - May 18 with 6263 viewsicecoldjack

Starting the thread early to see if it can push past 80 posts ?

My prediction is for the Swans to win 1-2 with the likes of Grimes and Barrow featuring strongly .
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:45 - May 18 with 6199 viewsorion3016

Palace played really well against Liverpool after having a poor run
We can't move from 8th but I still think Gary will use his best 11 to improve the record points total. So I would guess he'll have same starting X1 as yesterday

Be over there now after

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:49 - May 18 with 6188 viewsshandyjack

Fab
Jazz
Ash
Fed
Tayls
Grimes
Cork
Gyl
Jeff
Mo
Gomis

subs.
Davies
Hanley
Barts
Gorre
Dyer
Emnes

Give JJS, Ki a rest after their niggles, last thing we want to do is aggravate them before pre season

Poll: Expectation for the season

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:15 - May 18 with 6160 viewsOldjack

Mo for Dyer the rest will hopefully take care of it's self 1-3

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:17 - May 18 with 6155 viewsoldcob

Play the best team available. They have all summer to rest.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:35 - May 18 with 6123 viewsItchySphincter

I think maybe it would be nice to reward one or two who've excelled in the U21s - Gorre in particular comes to mind. Give Mo 90 mins, see if he's up to it. No need to give the likes of Tremell an outing, ta ra thanks for eveyrhing, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:08 - May 18 with 6091 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 18:17 - May 18 by oldcob

Play the best team available. They have all summer to rest.

Yep.

Fab
Naughton (back in training, so play him even if not quite 100%)
Ash
FF
Taylor
Cork
JJS
Siggy
BARROW (has earned his chance IMO)
Montero
Gomis

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:17 - May 18 with 6058 viewslonglostjack

What happened to Tom Carrol? Thought he was touted as a future England international - is he back at WHL already?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:17 - May 18 with 6059 viewsMrSwerve

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:08 - May 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yep.

Fab
Naughton (back in training, so play him even if not quite 100%)
Ash
FF
Taylor
Cork
JJS
Siggy
BARROW (has earned his chance IMO)
Montero
Gomis

Wouldn't push Naughton in, pointless risking further injury. Would let him recover ready for the new season.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:55 - May 18 with 5993 viewsswanduck

Kenji Gorre... The new Rory Donnelly
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:56 - May 18 with 5987 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:17 - May 18 by longlostjack

What happened to Tom Carrol? Thought he was touted as a future England international - is he back at WHL already?

Yes what about Carroll and Oliveira?
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:35 - May 18 with 5951 viewsorion3016

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 19:17 - May 18 by longlostjack

Injured and out for the season

Be over there now after

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:40 - May 18 with 5940 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Like to see grimes have a bit of game time ,barrow also .
The team picks itself at the moment with so many out.

Have to say JJS has had a fantastic 2 nd half of the season fair play to him.

An entertaining 2-2

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:17 - May 18 with 5913 viewsmax936

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 17:45 - May 18 by orion3016

Palace played really well against Liverpool after having a poor run
We can't move from 8th but I still think Gary will use his best 11 to improve the record points total. So I would guess he'll have same starting X1 as yesterday

Apart from the first 20mins Liverpool were shocking, be hard game Sunday for me, we can win for sure, but I'll take a draw right now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:20 - May 18 with 5903 viewslonglostjack

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:40 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

An entertaining 2-2

I agree. Shelvey's vision and passing just gets better and better.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:25 - May 18 with 5899 viewsmax936

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:20 - May 18 by longlostjack

I agree. Shelvey's vision and passing just gets better and better.

Can't see him playing Sunday if he's done his groin, shame seeing the form he's in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:38 - May 18 with 5869 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:25 - May 18 by max936

Can't see him playing Sunday if he's done his groin, shame seeing the form he's in.

Let's give young grimes a game then .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 21:43 - May 18 with 5857 viewsdgt73

0-2 Gomis- JJS

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 10:08 - May 19 with 5702 viewsairedale

I hope Jaz was watching Bolasie on MOTD at the weekend. Give hime plenty of time to form a plan on how to contain him. Same with Neil with regards to the bloke on the other side of the pitch.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:26 - May 19 with 5601 viewskarnataka

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 10:08 - May 19 by airedale

I hope Jaz was watching Bolasie on MOTD at the weekend. Give hime plenty of time to form a plan on how to contain him. Same with Neil with regards to the bloke on the other side of the pitch.

Think Taylor's been getting better every game over the last 3-4 months and he's a fair bit quicker than Jazz so don't see him having the same problems as Jazz is going to have against Bolasie whoever the 'bloke on the other side of the pitch' is. To be fair, he didn't do too badly on Sunday but can see Jazz doing a 'Calum Chambers' if we're not careful, he's going to need help, that's for sure.
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:50 - May 19 with 5563 viewsClinton

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 20:40 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

An entertaining 2-2

Id say JJS is now ready for International call-up.
The problem is that he was right out of sorts when he had his last call-up, maybe a long time before he gets another.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:57 - May 19 with 5516 viewsDull1Thomas

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:50 - May 19 by Clinton

The problem is that he was right out of sorts when he had his last call-up, maybe a long time before he gets another.

A few games where Jonjo has kept his concentration and helped keep the shape of the team and a couple of MOM performances doesn't mean he's playing at England intentional. I would love to see him capped but he needs a season playing as he has for most of the last month or so.

The excuse that, 'he was right out of sorts' is just that - an excuse ... he just wasn't, isn't good enough ye but he is improving and Monk deserves credit for that.

A quick look at his stats (All the same I've picked on Whoscored.com)
Strengths
Long shots - very strong
Through balls - strong
Weaknesses
Defensive contribution - weak
Concentration - weak
Tackling - weak

Jonjo Shelvey's Style of Play
Likes to play long balls
Likes to do layoffs
Plays the ball off the ground often
Likes to shoot from distance
Does not dive into tackles

Pass completion 79.1%, (ranked 20th in the squad of 27!)

But is 3rd highest assist
5th goal scorers (3 goals)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:01 - May 19 with 5510 viewsDull1Thomas

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:50 - May 19 by Clinton

A few games where Jonjo has kept his concentration and helped keep the shape of the team and a couple of MOM performances doesn't mean he's playing at England intentional. I would love to see him capped but he needs a season playing as he has for most of the last month or so.

The excuse that, 'he was right out of sorts' is just that - an excuse ... he just wasn't, isn't good enough ye but he is improving and Monk deserves credit for that.

Strengths
Long shots - very strong
Through balls - strong
Weaknesses
Concentration - weak
Tackling - weak

Likes to play long balls
Likes to do layoffs

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:02 - May 19 with 5509 viewsairedale

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 12:26 - May 19 by karnataka

Think Taylor's been getting better every game over the last 3-4 months and he's a fair bit quicker than Jazz so don't see him having the same problems as Jazz is going to have against Bolasie whoever the 'bloke on the other side of the pitch' is. To be fair, he didn't do too badly on Sunday but can see Jazz doing a 'Calum Chambers' if we're not careful, he's going to need help, that's for sure.

Yeah, I don't recall the bloke's name, but I've got him filed under the category 'Skillful Whippet'
The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 14:03 - May 19 with 5508 viewsraynor94

The official Palace V Swansea match week/day thread on 13:57 - May 19 by Dull1Thomas

Strengths
Long shots - very strong
Through balls - strong
Weaknesses
Concentration - weak
Tackling - weak

Likes to play long balls
Likes to do layoffs

You are not very keen on Shelvey as you have posted on here numerous occasions, you can't even hide your contempt in the thread, love to see him capped? of course you would

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024