Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams 07:17 - May 20 with 3388 viewsmax936

I know things have changed, but Im not sure it should have happened, considering the past.

Thought's?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:53 - May 20 with 1301 viewsmagicdaps10

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:16 - May 20 by Aquinas

'pushing of Irish history in schools' - how dare youngsters learn their country's history.

Im all for ANY country teaching true historyto their children.

Ireland unfortunately teach a one sided and on times untrue story of the history of their land AND so do the British on their side.

I have my foot well and truely in both camps. The Irish are a rare bunch, not all but many especially the Irish people north of the country most notably the Donegal bunch.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:57 - May 20 with 1291 viewsDarran

I'd like to stick Adams in a room with the two sons of my mate who had both his legs and an arm blown off in the IRA pub bombings.
F*cking c*nt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:58 - May 20 with 1288 viewsmagicdaps10

What do people in Ireland think of Wales/welsh people?

The majority from the republic think that we are just a branch of England, West England is what we are jokingly to them,but deep down believe that we are.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 17:08 - May 20 with 1268 viewslifelong

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:58 - May 20 by magicdaps10

The majority from the republic think that we are just a branch of England, West England is what we are jokingly to them,but deep down believe that we are.

Some of them think we are Irish people who can't swim.
Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 17:10 - May 20 with 1264 viewstrampie

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:58 - May 20 by magicdaps10

My lot are all Welsh, cant say I know too many Irish and English types, but what Irish I do know off, do recognise Wales and the Welsh as different, did they bomb Wales ?, they did bomb England, if that is so, is that just coincidence ? is that what you think ?

It may come down to what vibes you give off, if you say and act as i'm Welsh I am and admit to being an admirer of Glyndwr, vote Plaid, are a Republican or even support a Welsh monarchy, then you might get a different reaction to somebody from Wales saying i'm British I am, I support the English lead British Army, I support the English King/Queen, I vote for a unionist party.

Perhaps different Welsh people would get different reactions depending on the cut of their jib.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 17:52]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 17:13 - May 20 with 1257 viewstrampie

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 17:08 - May 20 by lifelong

Some of them think we are Irish people who can't swim.

I heard an Irishman is a Welshman that can swim [to get away from the Romans and Germanic hordes]. lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 19:39 - May 20 with 1192 viewsyescomeon

Irish ain't all that different to us, nor are the English, or the Scottish. Deep down most people are fundamentally similar and want similar things chances are someone in Ireland won't really give a toss where you're from. Much the same as over here really.

Upthecity!

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 19:53 - May 20 with 1175 viewstrampie

An Irishman I know claimed that history he learnt in school in Southern Ireland was that the Irish are Scottish, the Scottish are Irish, the Welsh are English and the English are foreigners, don't know if he was joking or not but there is something in that as regards movement of people so perhaps he wasn't joking, I think its tongue in cheek but you don't know.

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 19:57 - May 20 with 1160 viewsyescomeon

I've heard similar RE, Ireland and Scotland. The scoti settled Ireland though didn't they?

Upthecity!

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:17 - May 20 with 1142 viewsdgt73

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 17:10 - May 20 by trampie

My lot are all Welsh, cant say I know too many Irish and English types, but what Irish I do know off, do recognise Wales and the Welsh as different, did they bomb Wales ?, they did bomb England, if that is so, is that just coincidence ? is that what you think ?

It may come down to what vibes you give off, if you say and act as i'm Welsh I am and admit to being an admirer of Glyndwr, vote Plaid, are a Republican or even support a Welsh monarchy, then you might get a different reaction to somebody from Wales saying i'm British I am, I support the English lead British Army, I support the English King/Queen, I vote for a unionist party.

Perhaps different Welsh people would get different reactions depending on the cut of their jib.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 17:52]

As a Welshman, if someone bombs England they bomb my country......so fuk Adams and the ira.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:24 - May 20 with 1132 viewsperchrockjack

My kids are internationalists and are free from any bonds of history.

History kills

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:31 - May 20 with 1116 viewsperchrockjack

Team pie.

You know nowt about me so don't kid yourself.

Now , be honest, were Adams and mart justified in ordering killing of civilians.

It's that simple.

Your false floury Shiite kids nobody as does your pitiful nationalistic tripe.

We are Great Britain and Wales is part of it. It's not the English army that killed ira people but the British army.
Nobody with a brain could equate Gandhi Mandela with Adams and Marty.
Nobody

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:49 - May 20 with 1101 viewsKilkennyjack

Historically wales and ireland clearly have enduring close ties, for example st patrick himself was a welshman. Ireland very clearly views wales as an ancient nation - and certainly not part of England.

The irish people do like the welsh people - as a rule - and do consider them their celtic cousins.

The peace process in northern ireland is a huge political achievement and i for one hope for a better future for all as a result.

Beware of the Risen People

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:59 - May 20 with 1088 viewsperchrockjack

The peace process, as you call it, hasn't stopped sectarianism nor violence.

It meant many butchers were released leaving victim s families without justice.

It also meant big salaries for Adams and mart.

To me, it was a craven piece if Blair diplomacy .

It brought credit to Blair s cv and by Christ has he milked it.

Question not answered yet btw, yes or no

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 21:03 - May 20 with 1084 viewsyescomeon

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:49 - May 20 by Kilkennyjack

Historically wales and ireland clearly have enduring close ties, for example st patrick himself was a welshman. Ireland very clearly views wales as an ancient nation - and certainly not part of England.

The irish people do like the welsh people - as a rule - and do consider them their celtic cousins.

The peace process in northern ireland is a huge political achievement and i for one hope for a better future for all as a result.

Are you from Kilkenny Kilkennyjack, I have wondered a while?

Upthecity!

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 22:38 - May 20 with 1018 viewsScoobyWho

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 08:06 - May 20 by trampie

A lot of people think that Adams and McGuinness should not have meet with the British State [assuming they are on the side most people think they are on that is, there has been doubts and meeting the British State does have people in certain circles wondering] but how else are the two sides going to move forward ?

I think it is a good thing they seem to be getting on at that level, one thing neutrals should ask in any conflict is what were the causes, who started it, why did it happen, because as things progress it becomes tit for tat and both sides doing terrible things, the British State has a terrible record in the colonies but had an excellent record in the world wars, 2WW anyway, yet the bombing of German cities still gets brought up, so even with such a good record in that particular war some people will still say oh the Brits did that, how terrible, that is why the original causes are important as regards rights and wrongs, its obvious how neutral history will judge in a hundred years or so, already it has been noted by some that the ones that were once seen as being the baddies over time are now seen as the goodies, I saw that on a Welsh rugby site and the same could be said of Mandela and Gandhi, how they are viewed by the Brits has changed, I wouldn't expect the same so quickly in Ireland mind you as its so close to the British mainland and the so called fight was even taken to the mainland but in hundred years time perhaps by then things will be seen differently over here.

I don't think Northern Ireland should be part of the UK thought, too many headers on both sides.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 8:11]

Don't forget the 1.75 million who are not headers and still desire to be a part of the UK.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 22:42 - May 20 with 1014 viewsScoobyWho

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:49 - May 20 by Kilkennyjack

And the IRA never targeted Wales with some form of reasoning that certain people supported them. The only supporter I ever saw in Wales was an idiot in Caramethen once who was booted up and down the street for collecting for the political arm of the IRA.

I always thought the Cheltenham festival would be a great target for them, then realised that it's their week away and they wouldn't want to spoil it thereafter with security or cancellation of the event,

Terrorism when it suits.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 23:25 - May 20 with 985 viewsKilkennyjack

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 20:59 - May 20 by perchrockjack

The peace process, as you call it, hasn't stopped sectarianism nor violence.

It meant many butchers were released leaving victim s families without justice.

It also meant big salaries for Adams and mart.

To me, it was a craven piece if Blair diplomacy .

It brought credit to Blair s cv and by Christ has he milked it.

Question not answered yet btw, yes or no

I think the peace process is a widely understood term. I suggest you look it up if the 2 words 'put together' are too hard for you to understand.

Certainly the outcome has delivered a lasting peace and if you somehow resent that precious outcome then you are an idiot.

Its very pleasing that your tired old view is now irrelevant to the future. The future looks very different to the past and i guess it will continue to niggle because you don't have the ability to understand that things have changed for ever. Never mind, eh ?

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 10:15 - May 21 with 920 viewsperchrockjack

Change for ever.

really

THAT meaning that GERRY AND MARTY have binned their united Ireland mantra.

REALLY, who do you think you re dealing with here. Its like suggesting the IRA
-your freedom fighters- were purely politically motivated when we know the reason was to secure the profits of Drugs /Guns for themselves. Same with the Proddie gangs -just as bad .

Main difference is Proddies terrorists haven't quite the massive arrogance of the IRA..
As you and tramp allude to, you have to remember your history .

Your silence over my simple question proves much.

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 22:15 - May 21 with 879 viewsKilkennyjack

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 10:15 - May 21 by perchrockjack

Change for ever.

really

THAT meaning that GERRY AND MARTY have binned their united Ireland mantra.

REALLY, who do you think you re dealing with here. Its like suggesting the IRA
-your freedom fighters- were purely politically motivated when we know the reason was to secure the profits of Drugs /Guns for themselves. Same with the Proddie gangs -just as bad .

Main difference is Proddies terrorists haven't quite the massive arrogance of the IRA..
As you and tramp allude to, you have to remember your history .

Your silence over my simple question proves much.

To be honest, i try not to read the crap you post. No offence like, but you do sound like a nutter to me. Do you get out much ?

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 09:25 - May 22 with 828 viewsjackal

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 16:57 - May 20 by Darran

I'd like to stick Adams in a room with the two sons of my mate who had both his legs and an arm blown off in the IRA pub bombings.
F*cking c*nt.

Agreed. I can understand a nation that wants freedom and independence but the way that they set about it is an abomination.
Setting off bombs in shopping centres and blowing up women and children is beyond criminal.
Soldiers fighting soldiers is one thing, but murder of innocents is another.
Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 10:00 - May 22 with 813 viewsyescomeon

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 09:25 - May 22 by jackal

Agreed. I can understand a nation that wants freedom and independence but the way that they set about it is an abomination.
Setting off bombs in shopping centres and blowing up women and children is beyond criminal.
Soldiers fighting soldiers is one thing, but murder of innocents is another.

No justification but just as much maybe more blood on the British armies hands.

Upthecity!

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 10:25 - May 22 with 807 viewsperchrockjack

often from the dismembered of the bodies of civilians and of their colleagues.

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 15:38 - May 22 with 774 viewsjackal

Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 10:00 - May 22 by yescomeon

No justification but just as much maybe more blood on the British armies hands.

You're right, of course. A hundred years ago the British Army were guilty of atrocities of their own. The Black and Tans spring to mind.
But there's something so base, vile and cowardly about planting bombs in shopping areas, where there are children, and crowded pubs etc., and disappearing to a safe distance to set it off, that sinks to a new low in human depravity.
Prince Charles meets Gerry Adams on 15:52 - May 22 with 766 viewsperchrockjack

My point.

No doubt Irish Catholics suffered discrimination.

No doubt British ...that includes the Welsh trample, were guilty of atrocities and I'm fully aware of the significance of Croke park etc..but.

You simply do not put devices on mainline British cities fully aware they could kill anyone.

It's this what Gerry and mart sanctioned and for which they be never apologised .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024