Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread 00:04 - May 21 with 5666 viewsSwansNZ

Any interest in this, or is it seen as just a warm up for the Ashes series?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 01:16 - May 21 with 2016 viewsdameedna

not sure but i may go
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 05:16 - May 21 with 1997 viewsCooperman

I'm interested on the basis of a) it's test cricket & b) it involves two teams I look out for in the cricketing world. NZ are more exciting to watch than most these days.

I liken this series to an Arsenal v Swansea match up. The 'bigger' team which has lost its way a little is at home and up against a smaller and less reputable opponent but one who is drawing plaudits from experts. It's therefore nailed on for an away win :-)

I think England have at least another 12 months of transition whilst they settle the team down and get their bowlers back to line & length. For NZ on the other hand, the sky could be the limit and my only concern for them is that they are not hard enough to cope with the big games.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 05:30 - May 21 with 1985 viewsexiledclaseboy

NZ are a cracking side and won't be as thrown by the early summer UK conditions as some teams are. Should be a good series, shame it's only two Tests really.

Poll: Tory leader

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 05:41 - May 21 with 1986 viewsCooperman

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 05:30 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

NZ are a cracking side and won't be as thrown by the early summer UK conditions as some teams are. Should be a good series, shame it's only two Tests really.

NZ deserve more than a 2 test series these days.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 07:03 - May 21 with 1957 viewsSwansNZ

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 05:41 - May 21 by Cooperman

NZ deserve more than a 2 test series these days.

Number 3 in the Test rankings would suggest that, but I guess it depends on the crowds and TV viewership NZ would attract in England.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 07:27 - May 21 with 1948 viewsCountyJim

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 07:03 - May 21 by SwansNZ

Number 3 in the Test rankings would suggest that, but I guess it depends on the crowds and TV viewership NZ would attract in England.

It's all down to Indian TV New Zealand isn't the biggest draw

Should be a cracking series think England will win it
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 08:09 - May 21 with 1931 viewsCountyJim

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/32813238

Nice touch by all to make this happen
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:07 - May 21 with 1918 viewsCooperman

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 07:03 - May 21 by SwansNZ

Plus the fact that the future tours programme set this as a two test series when NZ were not as good as they are now.

Login to get fewer ads

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:21 - May 21 with 1913 viewsSwansNZ

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:07 - May 21 by Cooperman

Plus the fact that the future tours programme set this as a two test series when NZ were not as good as they are now.

If they play in an Ashes year, they'll never get more than 2 tests.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:30 - May 21 with 1906 viewsCooperman

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:21 - May 21 by SwansNZ

If they play in an Ashes year, they'll never get more than 2 tests.

I hope that they maintain this level of form so that future tours don't coincide with Ashes years.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:33 - May 21 with 1901 viewsdickythorpe

I think we could well be like the Aussies of 2 years ago under Lehman. We'll lose the Ashes but get better.
Lyth should have played in the Windies and probably will struggle today against NZ who are a very good side now.
Lessons are never learnt on blooding new players but I think he could be a star after a nervy start.
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:33 - May 21 with 1900 viewsSwansNZ

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 09:30 - May 21 by Cooperman

I hope that they maintain this level of form so that future tours don't coincide with Ashes years.

Me too, starting by beating England

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 10:31 - May 21 with 1878 viewsCooperman

0-1 for me. One test inevitably ruined by weather and one with a massive English batting collapse.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 10:39 - May 21 with 1869 viewsSwansNZ

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 10:31 - May 21 by Cooperman

0-1 for me. One test inevitably ruined by weather and one with a massive English batting collapse.

NZ are more than capable of the odd batting disaster. I wonder how McCullum will approach his batting.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 10:48 - May 21 with 1864 viewsCountyJim

NZ win toss and bowl
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 12:12 - May 21 with 1844 viewsshandyjack

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 10:31 - May 21 by Cooperman

predicted it alreadya dn it's only the first session, how many more chances will cook get?

Poll: Expectation for the season

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 12:52 - May 21 with 1828 viewsorion3016

Brilliant start by the black caps 30/4 thankfully root & stokes have made a fist of it

Be over there now after

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 12:54 - May 21 with 1821 viewsexiledclaseboy

Disastrous start, good fightback so far.

Poll: Tory leader

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 14:21 - May 21 with 1808 viewsCountyJim

Stokes batting well

You can't beat Blowers and Boycott on TMS
The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 15:10 - May 21 with 1799 viewsorion3016

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 14:21 - May 21 by CountyJim

Stokes batting well

You can't beat Blowers and Boycott on TMS

Shame stokes didn't get a deserved ton, great knock

Be over there now after

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 18:31 - May 21 with 1775 viewsPacemaker

I shall be warming up for the Palace game with a whole day at Lords on Saturday....hopefully it will be building up nicely by then.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 18:31]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 18:41 - May 21 with 1761 viewsorion3016

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 18:31 - May 21 by Pacemaker

I shall be warming up for the Palace game with a whole day at Lords on Saturday....hopefully it will be building up nicely by then.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 18:31]

Now that's set for a cracking weekend - enjoy

Be over there now after

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 19:29 - May 21 with 1741 viewsSwansNZ

England would probably have taken 354 for 7, at the start of the day, let alone when at 30 for 4. Good fight back by the middle order.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 19:41 - May 21 with 1733 viewsPacemaker

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 19:29 - May 21 by SwansNZ

England would probably have taken 354 for 7, at the start of the day, let alone when at 30 for 4. Good fight back by the middle order.

Good young players coming through, hoping it will be a good series. In the last few years seen more of NZ than England.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The official England v New Zealand cricket thread on 12:44 - May 22 with 1660 viewsorion3016

I hope this inspires a few wickets but Stuart broad seems a shadow of a player he was. Not as fierce a bowler and his batting has disintegrated

Be over there now after

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024