Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Annual award night 00:14 - May 21 with 11148 viewsGowerjack

Congratulations to swanseajill for your award,much deserved and a reminder of simpler times at our football club.

The food was very pleasant.

The evening as a whole was I thought very muted however,it is getting increasingly hard to spot the normal fan at the event and the atmosphere has suffered as a result.

This can't have been helped by the fact that "Players & Staff of Swansea City Football Club" occupied 18 of the 58 available tables.

I suppose it would be fair to question how this event can once again be something for the ordinary fan bearing in mind the immense demand for tickets coupled with the high demand from the club for tickets and the complete lack of a suitable sized venue in Swansea in which to hold it.

Did anyone else on here go and what are their views ?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Annual award night on 22:03 - May 22 with 2751 viewsmorningstar

Annual award night on 21:23 - May 22 by Swanseajill

Some trip that G.

Poor old MAB with a knee all broke laid out on the back seat, him and his mate OWJACK missing the game, and The bus making a diversion via the hospital.
Had to frog March the lads out of the pub against their will, and a hole in the bus windscreen.

Just an every week away trip really wasn't it?

Ye fair play to the bus driver though. Told him in no uncertain terms we weren't leaving without Mabs, and when you finally got him from the hospital and picked us up from the pub we made it 150 yards before the off licence stop! Though by this time it was quite treacherous getting off the bus due too slipping on the sick in the aisle!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Annual award night on 22:24 - May 22 with 2715 viewsSwanseajill

Annual award night on 22:03 - May 22 by morningstar

Ye fair play to the bus driver though. Told him in no uncertain terms we weren't leaving without Mabs, and when you finally got him from the hospital and picked us up from the pub we made it 150 yards before the off licence stop! Though by this time it was quite treacherous getting off the bus due too slipping on the sick in the aisle!

Until now.....I had erased that scene from my memory

Thanks a bunch you ' eader
Annual award night on 22:40 - May 23 with 2582 viewsSon_of_Sooty

Annual award night on 00:29 - May 21 by Swanseajill

370 I think I heard.

Funniest tonight, Gomis saying he was now a Jack B........

Nice one Mum!
Love Steve
Annual award night on 22:42 - May 23 with 2581 viewsSon_of_Sooty

Nice one Mum!
Love, Steve
Annual award night on 23:22 - May 23 with 2551 viewsSwanseajill

Thank you all for the congratulations.

And thanks to the Trust for the award, I will treasure it always.
Annual award night on 01:23 - May 24 with 2512 viewsStarsky

Lorraine, does this mean you get the use of the Trust's Lear jet?

It's just the internet, init.

Annual award night on 08:26 - May 24 with 2481 viewsSwanseajill

Annual award night on 01:23 - May 24 by Starsky

Lorraine, does this mean you get the use of the Trust's Lear jet?

I'm hoping for a discussion on that.

In the meantime an offer is pending for use of the Trust model airoplane that I can fly over Garngoch common.
Annual award night on 21:50 - May 24 with 2410 viewssmoulder

Annual award night on 08:49 - May 21 by Darran

Well done Lorraine and well deserved, and as glamorous as ever. xx
Login to get fewer ads

Annual award night on 21:59 - May 24 with 2394 viewsjack_lord

Annual award night on 08:49 - May 21 by Darran

It looks like a new frock to me Lorr and you look stunning in it. Well done and truly deserved.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Annual award night on 10:35 - May 25 with 2314 viewsTimBowen

To our pal Lorraine...

Well done 'Lor darlin,'

We echo all the congratulatory comments made by all previous postings on this thread.

The only downside...it's such a shame 'Gazza' wasn't there to witness the well deserved recognition you've received.

Tonsa love.

From each and all of the 'Drunketeers.' (All for wine and wine for all )

Annual award night on 14:40 - May 25 with 2289 viewsloughor_jack

Annual award night on 10:00 - May 21 by Swansea_Viking

Difficult to think of a Swans Fan who deserves it more than you Lorraine.
Well deserved!
Ian
x

Have to agree there. Not seen Lorraine for about thirty years now but have a lovely memory of her. My girlfriend at the time went to the end of season thing and won two tickets in the raffle to the FA cup final in 1986. She decided to put them back in the pot as she had no way of getting there. Then they were won by Lorraine. When she told me about it the next day, I was like "duh! I have a car". So she asked Lorraine if she could have the tickets back. Of course she said yes and we got to see the merseyside final. I don't remember if I ever got to thank her for that but I never forgot that gesture but it's always been appreciated.

Annual award night on 14:57 - May 25 with 2264 viewsDarran

Annual award night on 14:40 - May 25 by loughor_jack

Have to agree there. Not seen Lorraine for about thirty years now but have a lovely memory of her. My girlfriend at the time went to the end of season thing and won two tickets in the raffle to the FA cup final in 1986. She decided to put them back in the pot as she had no way of getting there. Then they were won by Lorraine. When she told me about it the next day, I was like "duh! I have a car". So she asked Lorraine if she could have the tickets back. Of course she said yes and we got to see the merseyside final. I don't remember if I ever got to thank her for that but I never forgot that gesture but it's always been appreciated.

That's awful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Annual award night on 16:58 - May 25 with 2231 viewsStarsky

Annual award night on 14:57 - May 25 by Darran

That's awful.

Indeed.

Annual award night on 18:26 - May 25 with 2197 viewsmorningstar

I'll never forget Lorraine phoning me up all excited one evening saying "Guess what G, they had a raffle down the vetch for 2 cup final tickets and the girl who won it said she couldnt go, so they put it back in the pot and I won it! I'm so excited, I've made all the arrangements to go!" only the next day she rang me back saying " I'm really gutted G, the girl who won the tickets said her boyfriend would take her up in the car and asked for the tickets back. And do you know what, the ungrateful bastard didn't even say thanks!"

Annual award night on 18:32 - May 25 with 2185 viewsStarsky

Annual award night on 18:26 - May 25 by morningstar

I'll never forget Lorraine phoning me up all excited one evening saying "Guess what G, they had a raffle down the vetch for 2 cup final tickets and the girl who won it said she couldnt go, so they put it back in the pot and I won it! I'm so excited, I've made all the arrangements to go!" only the next day she rang me back saying " I'm really gutted G, the girl who won the tickets said her boyfriend would take her up in the car and asked for the tickets back. And do you know what, the ungrateful bastard didn't even say thanks!"

I'm saying nothing...
[Post edited 25 May 2015 19:05]

Annual award night on 18:44 - May 25 with 2168 viewsmorningstar

Annual award night on 18:32 - May 25 by Starsky

I'm saying nothing...
[Post edited 25 May 2015 19:05]

In fairness Starsk I was trying to make light of it. I'm sure Lorraine wouldnt want posters singled out for criticism on a thread that has kinda turned into a tribute too her!

Annual award night on 18:49 - May 25 with 2150 viewsStarsky

Annual award night on 18:44 - May 25 by morningstar

In fairness Starsk I was trying to make light of it. I'm sure Lorraine wouldnt want posters singled out for criticism on a thread that has kinda turned into a tribute too her!

Agreed. I've said my piece.

Nice bit of writing there MS. You should contribute to something like Viz.

Annual award night on 18:59 - May 25 with 2144 viewsmorningstar

Annual award night on 18:49 - May 25 by Starsky

Agreed. I've said my piece.

Nice bit of writing there MS. You should contribute to something like Viz.

Great Idea. I could do a comic strip incorporating the posters on here into the viz characters. Darran of course would be timmy (spoilt bastard!)

Maybe someone could start a separate thread on this as it's summer?
[Post edited 25 May 2015 19:21]

Annual award night on 19:01 - May 25 with 2139 viewsStarsky

Annual award night on 18:59 - May 25 by morningstar

Great Idea. I could do a comic strip incorporating the posters on here into the viz characters. Darran of course would be timmy (spoilt bastard!)

I'm on it...

Annual award night on 19:02 - May 25 with 2130 viewsDarran

Annual award night on 18:59 - May 25 by morningstar

F*ck you BowBoy.

Annual award night on 21:15 - May 25 with 2086 viewsTimBowen

What have I done Dar?

Annual award night on 21:16 - May 25 with 2072 viewsDarran

Not you mun Tim.

Annual award night on 21:28 - May 25 with 2061 viewsmorningstar

Annual award night on 21:15 - May 25 by TimBowen

What have I done Dar?

It's ok Tim, get used to it. He speaks to everyone like shit. But personally i thought the 'f*** you Bow boy' was well out of order. Shame on him!

Annual award night on 21:31 - May 25 with 2045 viewsDarran

Annual award night on 21:28 - May 25 by morningstar

It's ok Tim, get used to it. He speaks to everyone like shit. But personally i thought the 'f*** you Bow boy' was well out of order. Shame on him!

Arse.

Annual award night on 22:30 - May 25 with 2011 viewsSwanseajill

Annual award night on 18:26 - May 25 by morningstar

Oh Behave,

Next you'll instigate another "away day" trip via the Internet ...as you've done in the past, and fuel up the opposition fans with yet more porky pies.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 22:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024