Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Net Migration 09:44 - May 21 with 5018 viewsCountyJim

Worst for ten years !! Really doing a cracking job the tories ffs
[Post edited 21 May 2015 9:44]
Net Migration on 10:02 - May 21 with 3749 viewsdgt73

I blame the lib dems

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Net Migration on 10:09 - May 21 with 3738 viewsCountyJim

Well the past 5 year's it's all been down to Labour it's time to drop all that bolloxs
Net Migration on 10:25 - May 21 with 3721 viewsHighjack

Well some people think immigration is good for the economy so it's the best in ten years if you're of that persuasion.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Net Migration on 10:29 - May 21 with 3714 viewsyescomeon

There is absolutely sod all can be done about it. It's a byproduct of global capitalism, if you want to take the 'good' you have to take the 'bad'.

Upthecity!

Net Migration on 12:08 - May 21 with 3660 viewsClinton

Where will they all live ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Net Migration on 12:59 - May 21 with 3621 viewsjackonicko

Net Migration on 12:08 - May 21 by Clinton

The figure was described as equivalent to the population of Coventry. So, perhaps Coventry?

Anyway, I'm of the Highjack school of thought. Look past the dog whistle headlines and migration is generally more positive than negative to the UK as a whole.
Net Migration on 13:06 - May 21 with 3602 viewsexiledclaseboy

Net Migration on 12:59 - May 21 by jackonicko

The figure was described as equivalent to the population of Coventry. So, perhaps Coventry?

Anyway, I'm of the Highjack school of thought. Look past the dog whistle headlines and migration is generally more positive than negative to the UK as a whole.

I agree. And for government to set itself a target when it has no control over the major contributing factor to that target was to create a bit of a daft hostage to fortune for themselves.

Poll: Tory leader

Net Migration on 13:14 - May 21 with 3595 viewsTom1912

Research suggests immigration is a net benefitter to the economy. 25% of doctors in the NHS are foreign for example.

So why are you so angry about this?
Login to get fewer ads

Net Migration on 13:21 - May 21 with 3587 viewsjackonicko

Net Migration on 13:06 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

I agree. And for government to set itself a target when it has no control over the major contributing factor to that target was to create a bit of a daft hostage to fortune for themselves.

I thought we agreed in private that we wouldn't agree with each other in public?

I have a reputation to think of.
Net Migration on 13:36 - May 21 with 3572 viewsexiledclaseboy

Net Migration on 13:21 - May 21 by jackonicko

I thought we agreed in private that we wouldn't agree with each other in public?

I have a reputation to think of.

Oops. Forgot. You Tory scum etc.

Poll: Tory leader

Net Migration on 14:13 - May 21 with 3548 viewslibertine

One of the most ridiculous comments that I have heard was on the wright stuff show,

Research had been done about children's perceptions of immigrants.

8 out of 10 children interviewed had said that they thought that immigrants were going to take the jobs that belonged to the British, the comments of the panel were how disgraceful that was and the parents should be ashamed of themselves.

well the reality is either the immigrants were going to take the jobs of the british people or go on the dole, why else would they come to this country.

these liberal tw@s really annoy me, generally these people are unaffected by these grand decisions made by tory blairs government. The big elephant is that we cannot do anything about the movement of people because of the "Lisbon Treaty" ( I think)

Why do people think that politicians are intelligent?
Net Migration on 14:29 - May 21 with 3536 viewsjackal

Net Migration on 12:08 - May 21 by Clinton

Plenty of rooms in Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Balmoral, Sandringham, Osborne House, Kensington Palace etc.
The tax payer picks up the bill either way.
Net Migration on 14:51 - May 21 with 3511 viewsbuilthjack

Net Migration on 12:59 - May 21 by jackonicko

Some of those Russian birds are tidy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Net Migration on 15:22 - May 21 with 3494 viewsLohengrin

"well the reality is either the immigrants were going to take the jobs of the british people or go on the dole, why else would they come to this country. "

A rare moment of Damascene clarity for this site, thank you, Lib.

With unemployment figures for the UK stubbornly hovering around the 2 million mark I would again ask the question of how many more and what for? The only answer I can can come up with is to depress the wages of British workers by using migrants as the threat, the stick to make Britons toe the line demanded by international finance. It's high time people started to wake up!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Net Migration on 16:30 - May 21 with 3459 viewslibertine

Net Migration on 15:22 - May 21 by Lohengrin

"well the reality is either the immigrants were going to take the jobs of the british people or go on the dole, why else would they come to this country. "

With unemployment figures for the UK stubbornly hovering around the 2 million mark I would again ask the question of how many more and what for? The only answer I can can come up with is to depress the wages of British workers by using migrants as the threat, the stick to make Britons toe the line demanded by international finance. It's high time people started to wake up!

"damascene clarity"

damn good words lohenrgin, a bit like an epiphany I think.

Maybe I've missed the elephant in the room, they've come to enjoy our climate!
Net Migration on 17:28 - May 21 with 3425 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

"The only answer I can can come up with is to depress the wages of British workers by using migrants as the threat, the stick to make Britons toe the line demanded by international finance"

Well said. However, people seem to be under the impression this started under the Blair administration which is a misconception. Many in the Labour Party in the 70s were opposed to getting into bed with Europe (not the rock band) for this very reason. As much as the Tories set unrealistic targets and make flatulent noises about immigration in reality they crave nothing more than a de-unionised and poverty-line workforce to drive their economic model. It's been going on for years the only thing that's changed is the sheer volume and there are many reasons for that not least the Imperial entanglements of the last 15 years which you can definitely lay at Blair's door, not that a Tory PM would have done anything different of course.
Net Migration on 17:39 - May 21 with 3414 viewscontroversial_jack

The Conservatives are all about cheap labour and removing workers rights. Where is this cheap labour going to come from? Overseas. Immigration will increase under the Tories
Net Migration on 18:26 - May 21 with 3376 viewsFlashberryjack

Net Migration on 13:14 - May 21 by Tom1912

Research suggests immigration is a net benefitter to the economy. 25% of doctors in the NHS are foreign for example.

Yeah! "Researchers" never get it wrong do they ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Net Migration on 19:16 - May 21 with 3344 viewsswan65split

Net Migration on 13:14 - May 21 by Tom1912

300,000 this year, figures have been out of control for the last 10 years.
Thats a hell of a lot of Doctors and nurses, so we can have 7 day a week surgeries then..............................not!!!

Just remember the population of Wales is just over 3 million.
Net Migration on 20:00 - May 21 with 3307 viewsyescomeon

Net Migration on 19:16 - May 21 by swan65split

300,000 this year, figures have been out of control for the last 10 years.
Thats a hell of a lot of Doctors and nurses, so we can have 7 day a week surgeries then..............................not!!!

Just remember the population of Wales is just over 3 million.

One year at 300,000 doesn't prove that migration has been out of control for the last 10 years. Net migration has been in the 6 figures for over 20 years [1]. Although for 2014 nearly 200,000 immigrants were international students [2] and there is a case to be made for them not being included in the figures. If they weren't then the figures aren't half as bad as made out.

[1] - http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6399/economics/impact-of-immigration-on-uk-eco
[2] - http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/migration-statistics-quarterly-report/f

Upthecity!

Net Migration on 20:34 - May 21 with 3275 viewsLeonisGod

The lowest unemployment for x many years despite the higher level of immigration you mean? Doesn't appear to be a link to me especially when you consider that a lot of immigrants are filling skills gaps, here to gain an education (after which we stupidly kick them out so that someone else benefits from the skills we taught them) or are self-starters with their own businesses. There's no job stealing going on in those cases. And even where there is it should be a wake-up call to the apathetically unemployed.

It's a serious topic alright but the discussion should be how we can make the inevitable greater freedoms of labour movement work for us, rather than the current politics of fear that belongs in the dark ages.
Net Migration on 20:45 - May 21 with 3263 viewsMrSwerve

We'll all be living in Pangaea in 250 million years anyway.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Net Migration on 20:51 - May 21 with 3251 viewssherpajacob

If you want to moan about net immigration, the forum of a team that plays in the fa premier league is perhaps not the best vehicle. Greg dyke has already had quite a lot to say on the subject.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Net Migration on 09:21 - May 22 with 3153 viewsLord_Bony

Net Migration on 20:45 - May 21 by MrSwerve

We'll all be living in Pangaea in 250 million years anyway.

Will it all come back round to where it started from then?

Cool.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Net Migration on 14:26 - May 22 with 3103 viewslondonlisa2001

Net Migration on 14:13 - May 21 by libertine

One of the most ridiculous comments that I have heard was on the wright stuff show,

Research had been done about children's perceptions of immigrants.

8 out of 10 children interviewed had said that they thought that immigrants were going to take the jobs that belonged to the British, the comments of the panel were how disgraceful that was and the parents should be ashamed of themselves.

well the reality is either the immigrants were going to take the jobs of the british people or go on the dole, why else would they come to this country.

these liberal tw@s really annoy me, generally these people are unaffected by these grand decisions made by tory blairs government. The big elephant is that we cannot do anything about the movement of people because of the "Lisbon Treaty" ( I think)

Why do people think that politicians are intelligent?

Your assumption that they must either be coming to take British jobs or go on the dole is fundamentally missing the point.

You are not considering the mismatch between where the jobs are and what type of jobs they are and where the unemployment is.

For example - I can't remember the last time I went to a restaurant / pub where I wasn't served by an immigrant - usually an Eastern European. London service jobs have a massive number of immigrants filling them. Same in supermarkets, shops, cinemas etc etc. Exactly the same in the NHS up here - a huge number of people that work in hospitals, whether as porters, cleaners, nurses, doctors, are immigrants.

The issue is that unemployment doesn't really exist here. Anyone that wants a job and is able to work can do so. Shops / supermarkets etc. almost always have signs up saying they need staff. So those are the jobs that the immigrants are taking. There aren't 'British' people that are not taking them - they aren't around and available to do that type of work (or they don't want to).

So the immigrants aren't taking away jobs or signing on - they are filling jobs that need filling. Doesn't help the unemployed in Merthyr of course. And they will say "but why should I move, away from my family, home, to get work?". Well, of course, that's exactly what those immigrants are doing - they are moving to where the work exists.

What we actually need to do is look at ways of moving jobs around the country to where there are people that need work.

I find it interesting that in areas where there actually is high immigration (here in London for example) people are far less 'anti immigration' than a lot seem to be in Swansea (as an example). And yet Swansea has sod all immigration - it's just a convenient excuse.

And the parents of those children should damn well be ashamed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024