Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May>Not good 10:06 - May 21 with 6429 viewsperchrockjack

Come on Trese,accusing serving Police officers of crying wolf as regards bobbies on the beat.

You know that s a relic and a sham.

Public very soon will notice the massive cuts in police budget which will radically affect most of us. Some will be delighted no doubt but for the "ordinary" family its not good at all.

Tories, Police s friends. fook right off. They con as much as Labour did and pretty much the Police are somehow going to have to manage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Theresa May>Not good on 18:05 - May 22 with 817 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:18 - May 22 by ScoobyWho

I speak as I find mate, and all the police I know be that from school,or had personal experience of have been entirely professional and competent IMO. I suppose it depends on what standpoint you come from. Based on what you said I rang her this morning to discuss Palace away trip and she retires as a detective sergeant. Her weekly rate after all deductions is £595 a week, her team she manages are on between £425 and £490 a week as qualified detectives.

I'm not having a giraffe, but I watched that documentary in the week on sexual offence investigators in Manchester who she tells me are on the same rates, and they don't earn half enough for the good they specifically did. Yes there're are good and bad all over the world, but I get the Impression you would hate them regardless as a whole group of people. Which if transferred to say, whole groups of other cultures as a benchmark will cause sorts of issues. You can't hate a whole group of people regardless, because that smacks of all sorts of isms Trampie, and from what I've read from you that's the last thing you would want.

I try to see the good in most things these days, even public servants.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:21]

I speak as i find butt and my limited experience of the police is poor and that wage of the person you know of is huge money.

Its all relative, like most things in life, society cant/shouldnt pay over the odds for some jobs because there is only so much money in the pot.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Theresa May>Not good on 18:14 - May 22 with 806 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 18:05 - May 22 by trampie

I speak as i find butt and my limited experience of the police is poor and that wage of the person you know of is huge money.

Its all relative, like most things in life, society cant/shouldnt pay over the odds for some jobs because there is only so much money in the pot.

Less than the lovely Leanne gets though, even before her £10k payrise.
Theresa May>Not good on 18:22 - May 22 with 787 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 18:14 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

It depends on what Ms Wood accepts as pay, she apparently has turned down thousands.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Theresa May>Not good on 18:30 - May 22 with 779 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 18:22 - May 22 by trampie

It depends on what Ms Wood accepts as pay, she apparently has turned down thousands.

she takes her pay as an AM which is £54k (and may get a £10k rise).

She doesn't take the £20k she could have as leader of Plaid (apparently, although of course she may do now).

So at the least she is known to take, it's above the 'huge' amount you were criticising.
Theresa May>Not good on 18:31 - May 22 with 777 viewsKilkennyjack

Of course its not a pay rise thats anything more to do with Leanne Wood than any other AM but why let facts get in the way, eh ? I understand that its a recommendation only by an independent body. Leanne has actually said that unless everyone gets paid the living wage first then she will not support it. Glad to have cleared that up for you lisa.

Beware of the Risen People

Theresa May>Not good on 18:36 - May 22 with 764 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 18:30 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

she takes her pay as an AM which is £54k (and may get a £10k rise).

She doesn't take the £20k she could have as leader of Plaid (apparently, although of course she may do now).

So at the least she is known to take, it's above the 'huge' amount you were criticising.

I heard its a lot more than 20k turned down by Ms Wood.

Theresa May>Not good on 18:40 - May 22 with 759 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 18:31 - May 22 by Kilkennyjack

Of course its not a pay rise thats anything more to do with Leanne Wood than any other AM but why let facts get in the way, eh ? I understand that its a recommendation only by an independent body. Leanne has actually said that unless everyone gets paid the living wage first then she will not support it. Glad to have cleared that up for you lisa.

oh, I understand the way it works.

Still doesn't change the fact she gets more (takes more) than the 'huge' salary that Trampie was bemoaning.

A lot more than she could earn elsewhere in Tonypandy with the educational background she has eh?

Perhaps she could reduce down to the minimum wage until everyone else gets a living wage?

I don't have a problem with what they get - I have a problem with the p*** poor standard in the Welsh Government though (her included). Maybe we should pay them more and get better. I just don't like gesture politics - it's an insult to the intelligence of people who are genuinely suffering.
Theresa May>Not good on 18:50 - May 22 with 749 viewstrampie

I thought you was arguing the other day that politicians dont get paid enough Lisa ?, perhaps im mixing you up with another poster, apologises if so.
Leanne is one of a handful of political leaders, in comparison there are more detective sergeants than you can shake a stick at.

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May>Not good on 18:54 - May 22 with 738 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 18:50 - May 22 by trampie

I thought you was arguing the other day that politicians dont get paid enough Lisa ?, perhaps im mixing you up with another poster, apologises if so.
Leanne is one of a handful of political leaders, in comparison there are more detective sergeants than you can shake a stick at.

I was Trampie.

I think we should pay more and get better - certainly better than the substandard idiots that appear to populate the WAG.

The £54k isn't for being a political leader - it's for being an AM and there are 60 of them.
Theresa May>Not good on 19:02 - May 22 with 729 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 18:54 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

I was Trampie.

I think we should pay more and get better - certainly better than the substandard idiots that appear to populate the WAG.

The £54k isn't for being a political leader - it's for being an AM and there are 60 of them.

Ms Wood does not take leaders money apparently.

I thought that you thought that politicians don't get paid enough , how much do you think an AM should get ? and how much do you think a leader of a political party should get ?

Theresa May>Not good on 19:04 - May 22 with 721 viewsLeonisGod

I don't think she's accepting the pay rise though. Seems many of them aren't.

Edit - ok, others on here have already picked this up. Also, how many leaders of Plaid are there and how many are there in the police? Fewer people could do Leanne's job. That's just the harsh reality - salary is linked to what the market can support and scarcity, no matter how socially worthwhile the job. It's the same reason footballers earn a fortune.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 19:10]
Theresa May>Not good on 19:05 - May 22 with 718 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:18 - May 22 by ScoobyWho

I speak as I find mate, and all the police I know be that from school,or had personal experience of have been entirely professional and competent IMO. I suppose it depends on what standpoint you come from. Based on what you said I rang her this morning to discuss Palace away trip and she retires as a detective sergeant. Her weekly rate after all deductions is £595 a week, her team she manages are on between £425 and £490 a week as qualified detectives.

I'm not having a giraffe, but I watched that documentary in the week on sexual offence investigators in Manchester who she tells me are on the same rates, and they don't earn half enough for the good they specifically did. Yes there're are good and bad all over the world, but I get the Impression you would hate them regardless as a whole group of people. Which if transferred to say, whole groups of other cultures as a benchmark will cause sorts of issues. You can't hate a whole group of people regardless, because that smacks of all sorts of isms Trampie, and from what I've read from you that's the last thing you would want.

I try to see the good in most things these days, even public servants.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:21]

Does she employ a cleaner ?, i know people of that level that do, that is why i am asking ?.............under paid hey........hmm

Theresa May>Not good on 19:12 - May 22 with 713 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 19:02 - May 22 by trampie

Ms Wood does not take leaders money apparently.

I thought that you thought that politicians don't get paid enough , how much do you think an AM should get ? and how much do you think a leader of a political party should get ?

I know - I said that earlier in the thread.

She stil takes £54k though.

I do think they could get more, but only if they were good.

She should have resigned - in an atmosphere of increasing nationalism for Plaid to get a lower share of the vote (by some margin) in Wales than UKIP and to win no extra seats when the Tories won 3 is a disgrace. When you factor in the exposure that she had this time it is almost unbelievable that she wasn't sacked.

If you are prepared to accept substandard then that's up to you Trampie. I think Wales deserves better.
Theresa May>Not good on 19:12 - May 22 with 713 viewsBadgeman

Wow thanks for the newsflash. HEY EVERYONE the Tory party is shafting the working man, even if it is one of its more consistent voting blocks. Who knew eh? Effing hell, there will be a lot who will wake up in the next five years to the myth that the Tories manage the economy well and thus everything is dandy.

Never mind though, those middle englanders who pick the governments are doing just fine, for now.

Britain is the least equal nation in the EU. We have one million people using food banks. We call 24% a majority. This is the society we have crafted for ourselves.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Theresa May>Not good on 19:13 - May 22 with 711 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 11:07 - May 22 by shimmie

I gave up trying to defend the old bill ages ago mate, there are ao many horror stories out there if you've had poor experiences then that is a shame. But I can assure you most of us do our best. The stress we are put under is getting unrealistic and there are more and more people looking to leave, myself included. 2 of my PCs have recently applied to become train drivers and another has left to go back to his postion as police staff.

The issue I have with May is the sticks she chooses to beat us with. What happened in Yorkshire is disguising and makes me sick to my stomach. But the whole situation was politicised with the labour controlled area insisting that these lines of enquiry weren't followed. Personally I wouldn't have accepted that. Neither would I be able to accept child rape allegations made against a serving MP not being thoroughly investigated.

I run a team of 17, 4 of which weren't even born when Stephen Lawrence was killed, when does it stop being relevant and used by each Home Secretary to chastise us with? I was 8 when hills borough happened, am I or my officers to blame? No, we're not. Should we learn from these mistakes? Of course we should and I think in the main we do.

What level do you call somebody ma'am ?, could it simply be somebody on the bottom run just addressing somebody one run above them or is it something to do with somebody a few runs up ?

I know a few police very well, one of whom gets called ma'am a lot, what's all that about ?

Theresa May>Not good on 19:15 - May 22 with 691 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 19:12 - May 22 by Badgeman

Wow thanks for the newsflash. HEY EVERYONE the Tory party is shafting the working man, even if it is one of its more consistent voting blocks. Who knew eh? Effing hell, there will be a lot who will wake up in the next five years to the myth that the Tories manage the economy well and thus everything is dandy.

Never mind though, those middle englanders who pick the governments are doing just fine, for now.

Britain is the least equal nation in the EU. We have one million people using food banks. We call 24% a majority. This is the society we have crafted for ourselves.

A single person using a foodbank is wrong in my opinion, but for the sake of accuracy, we don't have a million people using foodbanks. We have a million one off uses for 3 days worth of food in a year. It's obviously wrong, but that stat that is being churned out constantly is disingenuous.
Theresa May>Not good on 19:20 - May 22 with 686 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 19:12 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

She should have resigned - in an atmosphere of increasing nationalism for Plaid to get a lower share of the vote (by some margin) in Wales than UKIP and to win no extra seats when the Tories won 3 is a disgrace. When you factor in the exposure that she had this time it is almost unbelievable that she wasn't sacked.

If you are prepared to accept substandard then that's up to you Trampie. I think Wales deserves better.

You haven't answered, how much should AM's get ? and how much more should a leader of a party get ? [if anything] in the Welsh Assembly ?

As regards Ms Wood, she did just fine, increasing her parties vote, i'm not interested in what individual politicians get, as likes and dislikes can be down to what politics and party they are involved in, i want to know how much do you think AM's and leaders should get ? and how much should the police get ?, should the police get more money than they get now ?

Theresa May>Not good on 19:22 - May 22 with 681 viewsLeonisGod

Theresa May>Not good on 19:12 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

Politicians could do a fantastic job, but you still can't legislate for people having a brain fart and voting UKIP.
Theresa May>Not good on 19:43 - May 22 with 661 viewsBadgeman

Theresa May>Not good on 19:15 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

A single person using a foodbank is wrong in my opinion, but for the sake of accuracy, we don't have a million people using foodbanks. We have a million one off uses for 3 days worth of food in a year. It's obviously wrong, but that stat that is being churned out constantly is disingenuous.

That's all right then. We will haggle over the amount of children starving in the worlds 6th wealthiest nation.

Do you by any chance take issue with the government figures on growth or unemployment? They often get massaged or manipulated and they are usually the way people justify voting conservative to themselves.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Theresa May>Not good on 19:57 - May 22 with 641 viewslondonlisa2001

Theresa May>Not good on 19:43 - May 22 by Badgeman

That's all right then. We will haggle over the amount of children starving in the worlds 6th wealthiest nation.

Do you by any chance take issue with the government figures on growth or unemployment? They often get massaged or manipulated and they are usually the way people justify voting conservative to themselves.

Oh, I'm sorry. The phrase I started with 'a single person using a foodbank is wrong in my opinion' obviously confused you.

The whole point is that the misquoting of the figure allows its dismissal.

But let's corrupt the argument and start making points that there are children starving up and down the UK. There are children who are appallingly malnourished due to the awful crap that is fed to them. That is the greater issue. How do we educate people about feeding their families properly on a limited income.

Have you ever been to a country where children genuinely are starving? I assume not, as then you wouldn't confuse bad nutrition and lack of education about food with genuinely not having anything to put in your mouth.

The biggest reason for use of foodbanks in this country is a delay in benefit payments. That is an absolute disgrace, and the emergency handouts that used to be available should be immediately reinstated. But there are not 1 million people who use foodbanks in this country. That makes it sound as though every week, a million people are rocking up to receive food.
Theresa May>Not good on 20:03 - May 22 with 632 viewsScoobyWho

Theresa May>Not good on 17:34 - May 22 by shimmie

Coming from a council estate in south Wales I'm programmed not to vote Tory, and despite my severe misgivings about their choice in leader I voted Labour in the most recent election. I see first hand what the cuts have done, not just in my role but in fields such drug support and mental health assistance. Its truly sickening.

I can’t remember who said it but I was watching the Wright stuff I think it was, a comment was made that Thatcher and the Tories in general treat the country as a company, if something isn’t working or perceived as necessary they just cut it. Whether, that’s public services or the mines. A government should treat the country as a family, and do it all to help those who need it and support those who require it the most.

And Scooby, yes mate you’re right. My mrs is a murder detective and I often wake up to her on the verge of tears as she can’t sleep due to her being so stressed with her work load/court/CPS take your pick. She’s one of the most capable and pragmatic people I’ve met and she feels entirely cheated by the career she’s chosen, she wishes she’d been a vet.

Wel Shimiie, you have my support, I couldn't do your job for all the tea in Tans house.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Theresa May>Not good on 20:05 - May 22 with 626 viewsScoobyWho

Theresa May>Not good on 19:05 - May 22 by trampie

Does she employ a cleaner ?, i know people of that level that do, that is why i am asking ?.............under paid hey........hmm

She works a 48 hour week, often unpaid when she stays on and earns exactly what I said, if that's too much in your book you need to get a kindle mate 👍

Theresa May>Not good on 20:12 - May 22 with 611 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 20:03 - May 22 by ScoobyWho

Wel Shimiie, you have my support, I couldn't do your job for all the tea in Tans house.

The country just cant go giving people that are doing ok, with reasonably good wages and good pensions, more and more.

When that happens its at the expense of somebody or something else, more often or not effecting people further down the food chain as there is only so much money in the pot, i have read we have gone from a country that was one of the most equal societies as regards the general gap between people to one of the most unequal societies.

Theresa May>Not good on 20:15 - May 22 with 605 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 20:05 - May 22 by ScoobyWho

She works a 48 hour week, often unpaid when she stays on and earns exactly what I said, if that's too much in your book you need to get a kindle mate 👍

is that some sort of reasoning that she does. lol

Don't get the kindle thing , must be my sheltered upbringing.

Theresa May>Not good on 21:27 - May 22 with 571 viewsScoobyWho

Theresa May>Not good on 20:15 - May 22 by trampie

is that some sort of reasoning that she does. lol

Don't get the kindle thing , must be my sheltered upbringing.

You dislike authority, I've grown over the years to admit we need it,
In the words of my neighbour, next time you need help son, call a hippy !

Jacks. 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024