Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May>Not good 10:06 - May 21 with 6427 viewsperchrockjack

Come on Trese,accusing serving Police officers of crying wolf as regards bobbies on the beat.

You know that s a relic and a sham.

Public very soon will notice the massive cuts in police budget which will radically affect most of us. Some will be delighted no doubt but for the "ordinary" family its not good at all.

Tories, Police s friends. fook right off. They con as much as Labour did and pretty much the Police are somehow going to have to manage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Theresa May>Not good on 13:34 - May 23 with 834 viewsyescomeon

Theresa May>Not good on 12:52 - May 23 by trampie

Society pays the middle classes in the public sector what it chooses, the mega rich are often in the private sector owning companies or having inherited wealth, Governments can more easily control what people earn in the public sector.

Don't think the public sector should be targeted just because they are an easy target.

Upthecity!

Theresa May>Not good on 14:34 - May 23 with 818 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 13:34 - May 23 by yescomeon

Don't think the public sector should be targeted just because they are an easy target.

But they should be brought in line.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Theresa May>Not good on 15:03 - May 23 with 810 viewsWitneyjack

Theresa May>Not good on 14:34 - May 23 by trampie

But they should be brought in line.

I was going to stay out of this as certain posters are talking with no knowledge, but......

Police officers are not claiming they aren't paid enough. The issues are the draconian cuts in budget , far deeper than other areas of the public sector. The reduction in crime has come about DESPITE these cuts, not because of them. The Police Federation have produced a video in response to May's attack at conference. I won't post a link, it's readily available online. Just watch it and see. By the way, the public at large wouldn't sleep soundly if they knew exactly how many officers were on duty at night and how large an area they have to cover.
Theresa May>Not good on 15:15 - May 23 with 796 viewsLohengrin

Theresa May>Not good on 15:03 - May 23 by Witneyjack

I was going to stay out of this as certain posters are talking with no knowledge, but......

Police officers are not claiming they aren't paid enough. The issues are the draconian cuts in budget , far deeper than other areas of the public sector. The reduction in crime has come about DESPITE these cuts, not because of them. The Police Federation have produced a video in response to May's attack at conference. I won't post a link, it's readily available online. Just watch it and see. By the way, the public at large wouldn't sleep soundly if they knew exactly how many officers were on duty at night and how large an area they have to cover.

Well, for what it's worth Witney the Police have my full support in whatever form this coming fight takes. I just love it when politicians pontificate and come out with nonsense about "crying wolf" when they don't have the first idea what a job "really" entails, have faced none of the dangers and don't have to live with some of the sights for the rest of their lives.

Good luck to you all!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Theresa May>Not good on 15:24 - May 23 with 786 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 15:03 - May 23 by Witneyjack

There are cuts in budget because that is what the people voted for, the people voted for cuts and austerity.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Theresa May>Not good on 15:24 - May 23 with 797 viewsWitneyjack

Theresa May>Not good on 15:15 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Well, for what it's worth Witney the Police have my full support in whatever form this coming fight takes. I just love it when politicians pontificate and come out with nonsense about "crying wolf" when they don't have the first idea what a job "really" entails, have faced none of the dangers and don't have to live with some of the sights for the rest of their lives.

Good luck to you all!

Thanks Lohengrin. Police officers do a tough enough job (that many couldn't do) without obstacles being put in their way by politicians.

Her performances at the last two conferences have been all about positioning herself as the next Conservative leader and very little to do with improving the Police performance.
Theresa May>Not good on 15:25 - May 23 with 796 viewsWitneyjack

Theresa May>Not good on 15:24 - May 23 by trampie

There are cuts in budget because that is what the people voted for, the people voted for cuts and austerity.

But your posts keep banging on about wages.........

Are you Rik from the Young Ones?
[Post edited 23 May 2015 15:27]
Theresa May>Not good on 15:36 - May 23 with 781 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 15:25 - May 23 by Witneyjack

But your posts keep banging on about wages.........

Are you Rik from the Young Ones?
[Post edited 23 May 2015 15:27]

The country voted for cuts, its just a case of where the cuts will take place. 

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May>Not good on 15:37 - May 23 with 777 viewsLohengrin

Theresa May>Not good on 15:36 - May 23 by trampie

I don't think anybody voted for cuts, Trampie. What were perceived to be the safest hands in uncertain times, that's what you've seen played out there. This is Britain.

Theresa May>Not good on 15:40 - May 23 with 768 viewsWitneyjack

Theresa May>Not good on 15:36 - May 23 by trampie

I'm fully aware of the election results. My point is the Police have had far deeper cuts than other public sector areas and it is becoming dangerous for the public.

All your posts refer to "middle class public sector wages", except for the last two which have completely ignored my points.
Theresa May>Not good on 15:51 - May 23 with 748 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 15:37 - May 23 by Lohengrin

I don't think anybody voted for cuts, Trampie. What were perceived to be the safest hands in uncertain times, that's what you've seen played out there. This is Britain.

You think wrong then butt, Tories won the election fair and square (in England anyway) and they want to cut services, they never hid that, they told people they would freeze income tax and cut services, that appealed to people.
Personally im a democrat and will always accept the will of the people, so i can expect to have my tax frozen and see cuts in the public service sector as that is the area the Government have control over, its not what I voted for personally but I accept what the UK public voted for.

Theresa May>Not good on 16:04 - May 23 with 713 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 15:40 - May 23 by Witneyjack

I'm fully aware of the election results. My point is the Police have had far deeper cuts than other public sector areas and it is becoming dangerous for the public.

All your posts refer to "middle class public sector wages", except for the last two which have completely ignored my points.

I thought you said there has been a reduction in crime ?, that doesnt tie in with you saying cuts in the police is becoming dangerous to the public.

Cuts in other areas (nhs, education, welfare benefits, services etc) and not policing does not seem fair, there may be a chance of maintaining policing levels if individuals are not over paid and wages are kept to reasonable levels, that may be better for the public.

Theresa May>Not good on 16:05 - May 23 with 709 viewsLohengrin

Theresa May>Not good on 15:51 - May 23 by trampie

You think wrong then butt, Tories won the election fair and square (in England anyway) and they want to cut services, they never hid that, they told people they would freeze income tax and cut services, that appealed to people.
Personally im a democrat and will always accept the will of the people, so i can expect to have my tax frozen and see cuts in the public service sector as that is the area the Government have control over, its not what I voted for personally but I accept what the UK public voted for.

How am I wrong? Are you trying to suggest that the Tories actively campaigned on a platform of cuts to services and the public arose in acclamation? You must have been watching another election to the one I've just witnessed.

Theresa May>Not good on 16:13 - May 23 with 694 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:05 - May 23 by Lohengrin

How am I wrong? Are you trying to suggest that the Tories actively campaigned on a platform of cuts to services and the public arose in acclamation? You must have been watching another election to the one I've just witnessed.

On the contrary, you must have been watching another election, the Conservatives made no secret that they would make cuts, cuts and more cuts, they offered inducements like freezing tax and promising not to hit OAP's, that was part of their deal and the people voted for it.

Are you saying that Tory cuts are one big surprise to you ?

Theresa May>Not good on 16:14 - May 23 with 692 viewsWitneyjack

Theresa May>Not good on 16:04 - May 23 by trampie

I thought you said there has been a reduction in crime ?, that doesnt tie in with you saying cuts in the police is becoming dangerous to the public.

Cuts in other areas (nhs, education, welfare benefits, services etc) and not policing does not seem fair, there may be a chance of maintaining policing levels if individuals are not over paid and wages are kept to reasonable levels, that may be better for the public.

Selective reading there. I said a reduction in crime DESPITE the cuts. You aren't related to May are you? Read what I said again. Go to the Guardian website and read the open letter a recently resigned officer has written. Watch the video I mentioned earlier and maybe you will get what I'm saying.

Although you know exactly what I'm saying and are choosing to be obtuse aren't you?
Theresa May>Not good on 16:26 - May 23 with 670 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:14 - May 23 by Witneyjack

Selective reading there. I said a reduction in crime DESPITE the cuts. You aren't related to May are you? Read what I said again. Go to the Guardian website and read the open letter a recently resigned officer has written. Watch the video I mentioned earlier and maybe you will get what I'm saying.

Although you know exactly what I'm saying and are choosing to be obtuse aren't you?

A reduction in crime is a reduction in crime, you can wriggle all you like you have contradicted yourself.

The UK voted for Tory policies, its no good people crying about it now, particularly those that voted Conservative.

Theresa May>Not good on 16:33 - May 23 with 662 viewsshimmie

Theresa May>Not good on 11:35 - May 23 by trampie

Asked somebody that seems to suggest they are in the police a question yesterday on this thread, they come online today and direct a quote to me on the same thread but don't answer my question, they must have missed the question, surely it can have nothing to do with a policeman being rude can it ?, that would be unheard of i'm sure...........hmm
Then I re-ask the question straight after the person was online today but nothing, perhaps that person had just logged off after all if it is somebody in the police the police often claim they are very busy and we are often told they are very busy.......hmm
[Post edited 23 May 2015 11:37]

Its a disciplined service mate. I called people sir when I was in the armed forces and sir/ma'am where the rank is relevant as a police officer. I don't see an issue with it. You haven't got a problem with authourity though, far from it...and i didn't answer the question yesterday because of the tone of it. I'm just choosing to rise above it today.
Theresa May>Not good on 16:42 - May 23 with 653 viewsshimmie

and I don't live my life on here hence the lateness of my reply. And no I haven't employeed a cleaner or gardener. I've employed a builder and a plumber before though, does that qualify me as the kind of middle class toff you hate.

And stop gving it the big one about coppers not being busy, I'm not going to give you my own set of circumstances but when I see the stress my mrs is currently under juggling 3 murder investigations that are all due in court over the next 2 months, whilst currently being at court for a seperate murder i take it personally and it gives me the f*cking hump.
Theresa May>Not good on 16:46 - May 23 with 641 viewsshimmie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:26 - May 23 by trampie

A reduction in crime is a reduction in crime, you can wriggle all you like you have contradicted yourself.

The UK voted for Tory policies, its no good people crying about it now, particularly those that voted Conservative.

And I'll tell you why there has been a reduction in crime, because the facility for pro active policing has gone through the floor. On a previous unit I was employed I'd average 10 arrests a month, all direct arrests by stopping the right people or by executing warrants. Class A's and knives being the most common arrests. If these units don't exist, and they currently don't these arrests don't occur. Hence a reduction in crime.

If you think Britain is becoming safer despite a 17000 reduction in police then you're more deranged than your internet persona suggests.
Theresa May>Not good on 17:21 - May 23 with 600 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:33 - May 23 by shimmie

Its a disciplined service mate. I called people sir when I was in the armed forces and sir/ma'am where the rank is relevant as a police officer. I don't see an issue with it. You haven't got a problem with authourity though, far from it...and i didn't answer the question yesterday because of the tone of it. I'm just choosing to rise above it today.

Doesnt seem very disciplined to me, you.dont seem very disciplined to me.

Theresa May>Not good on 17:30 - May 23 with 583 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:42 - May 23 by shimmie

and I don't live my life on here hence the lateness of my reply. And no I haven't employeed a cleaner or gardener. I've employed a builder and a plumber before though, does that qualify me as the kind of middle class toff you hate.

And stop gving it the big one about coppers not being busy, I'm not going to give you my own set of circumstances but when I see the stress my mrs is currently under juggling 3 murder investigations that are all due in court over the next 2 months, whilst currently being at court for a seperate murder i take it personally and it gives me the f*cking hump.

There are lots of people under stress butt.

I wouldn't thought your average policeman would take things personally and get the hump on Planet Swans, its hardly like been in the trenches.

Theresa May>Not good on 17:34 - May 23 with 576 viewstrampie

Theresa May>Not good on 16:46 - May 23 by shimmie

And I'll tell you why there has been a reduction in crime, because the facility for pro active policing has gone through the floor. On a previous unit I was employed I'd average 10 arrests a month, all direct arrests by stopping the right people or by executing warrants. Class A's and knives being the most common arrests. If these units don't exist, and they currently don't these arrests don't occur. Hence a reduction in crime.

If you think Britain is becoming safer despite a 17000 reduction in police then you're more deranged than your internet persona suggests.

I dont think Britain is getting safer, I think the figures are manipulated to make things seem as good as possible (same with education, unemployment, economy figures etc).

Theresa May>Not good on 18:39 - May 23 with 538 viewstrampie

Just read what Theresa has had to say, it seems like she has had enough of the whinging.

Theresa May>Not good on 20:01 - May 23 with 508 viewstrampie

Its a pity to hear that our police are so stressed, the people get the police force they deserve, it probably made little difference who got in the red or blue Tories as they were the only parties ever going to be in charge either on their own or as a lead partner in a coalition, its a pity there was no hung Parliament with an anti austerity party like Plaid, SNP or Greens involved to try and hold back some of the more excessive cuts that the Tory parties are happy to carry out so that they don't have to rise taxes for themselves or for their friends in the media and in the banking industry, its a pity but there you go, I wonder if any police voted for anti austerity parties ?
[Post edited 23 May 2015 20:46]

Theresa May>Not good on 20:19 - May 23 with 495 viewsshimmie

Theresa May>Not good on 17:30 - May 23 by trampie

There are lots of people under stress butt.

I wouldn't thought your average policeman would take things personally and get the hump on Planet Swans, its hardly like been in the trenches.

Well that's something we can agree on, I shouldn't really lower myself to your snidey remarks but there we go, I'm a human being and am as flawed as anyone of us.

It just annoys me when discussing the issue with someone so blinkered and isn't willing to except that most old bill work hard and, are as open to stress as anyone. Some believe we are not deserving of it. But I make no appology of taking the things home with me such as pensioner burglaries and robberies that turn into rapes. I want to do the best for the victims of such offences, and take exception to it being insinuated otherwise. I'm done with this argument, I've wasted enough time on it already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024