Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad 13:13 - May 21 with 6459 viewsJackSomething

Good news for those who would prefer our players not get called up for international teams. Roy Hodgson has apparently ignored all the positive media about us at the moment (Hoddle thinks Monk is magnificent apparently) and overlooked the likes of Cork and Shelvey in favour of Ryan Mason and Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is a striker apparently, even though he has the same amount of goals this season as Shelvey, while playing more games. Mason has played regularly for Spurs, but I have no idea what he's good at, because I've never really noticed him on the pitch when I've watched them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

England Squad on 13:22 - May 21 with 4979 viewsClinton

I cant see a midfielder in that squad who could put in a decent tackle to save his life.
Defence will be exposed and with the likes of Smalling and Jones there, theyll need cover. And Vardy wtf
But as the OP says, its good our players get a rest.

Goalkeepers: Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley),
Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).
Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Forwards: Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester) Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

England Squad on 13:40 - May 21 with 4937 viewspencoedjack

Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Above IMO wouldn't get into our side

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool),
James Milner (Manchester City),
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

I have my doubts if these would make us much better with the exception of Sterling.

Wilshere and Barkley have to be among the most hyped English players ever
England Squad on 13:48 - May 21 with 4915 viewsJohnw102

England Squad on 13:40 - May 21 by pencoedjack

Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

I have my doubts if these would make us much better with the exception of Sterling.

Wouldn't mind Milner, that would be the only one out of that list, Stirling is a spoilt brat with a greedy agent IMO.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

England Squad on 13:50 - May 21 with 4910 viewssnork44

England Squad on 13:22 - May 21 by Clinton

I cant see a midfielder in that squad who could put in a decent tackle to save his life.
Defence will be exposed and with the likes of Smalling and Jones there, theyll need cover. And Vardy wtf

Goalkeepers: Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley),
Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).
Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Forwards: Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester) Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Woy would rather have his left bollack removed with a rusty scalpel infected with hepititis C than select a Swansea City player. Green, Austin ,Delph and Vardy are with sides that have either been relegated or have flirted with the drop. Yet a side that has been mostly consistent this season and has excellent English players like Dyer,Routs, Shelvey,Cork and Leon performing superbly either in the past or the present and the bumbling cretin still doesn't pick them. To call Hodgson a clown is an insult to Coco and Bebeto !
[Post edited 21 May 2015 14:37]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

England Squad on 13:50 - May 21 with 4910 viewspencoedjack

England Squad on 13:48 - May 21 by Johnw102

Wouldn't mind Milner, that would be the only one out of that list, Stirling is a spoilt brat with a greedy agent IMO.

I agree but he is a good player
England Squad on 14:06 - May 21 with 4867 viewsraynor94

Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

With respect you need to those blinkers off, Milner and Henderson are both excellent and are both top four players, pity about Walcotts injuries, but come on wouldn't make us better?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England Squad on 14:08 - May 21 with 4867 viewssherpajacob

Personally if arsenal offered us Wilshire in a direct swap for any of cork, ki or shelvey I'd say no thanks.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

England Squad on 14:14 - May 21 with 4858 viewspencoedjack

England Squad on 14:06 - May 21 by raynor94

With respect you need to those blinkers off, Milner and Henderson are both excellent and are both top four players, pity about Walcotts injuries, but come on wouldn't make us better?

There's a surprise you disagree with my post ...............

When were Liverpool in the top 4 ? Personally I wouldn't take Henderson over Ki.
Login to get fewer ads

England Squad on 14:17 - May 21 with 4849 viewsMagic_Michu

How Ryan Mason can get picked over Shelvey and Cork is just crazy.

Hodgson can't have seen how much Shelvey has improved this season. I honestly don't believe there's many better English centre midfielders around at the moment.... whilst when he was picked earlier in the season I would have advocated moving him on.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

England Squad on 14:19 - May 21 with 4846 viewsbuilthjack

Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Just don't know what the hype is with either. Wilshere can't even hold down a regular Arsenal place.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

England Squad on 14:20 - May 21 with 4834 viewsraynor94

England Squad on 14:14 - May 21 by pencoedjack

There's a surprise you disagree with my post ...............

When were Liverpool in the top 4 ? Personally I wouldn't take Henderson over Ki.

Last season, and why is it surprise? City are desperate for Milner to sign a new contract, and if he doesn't it looks like Arsenal will secure his services, and Henderson will be better again with Gerrard out of the way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England Squad on 14:23 - May 21 with 4811 viewsjackal

England Squad on 13:22 - May 21 by Clinton

Ridiculous! A few of these can't even get regular start in their club sides. I'd take Jonjo over most of those midfielders. Vardy???? If you have a decent game now and then Woy will pick you, unless you play for SCFC of course.
England Squad on 14:32 - May 21 with 4781 viewsmonmouth

I'm loving the Stirling stuff at the mo. he wouldn't accept 900K per week to stay at Liverpool because he wants to play for a big club.

That must play well in Brookside.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England Squad on 15:27 - May 21 with 4683 viewsSenhin

Vardy and Mason is stupid...

But people claiming Milner wouldn't improve us are being ridiculous.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

England Squad on 22:09 - May 21 with 4509 viewsSwansNZ

Who the feck is Jamie Vardy?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England Squad on 22:15 - May 21 with 4492 viewsScoobyWho

England Squad on 22:09 - May 21 by SwansNZ

Who the feck is Jamie Vardy?

sounds like a discounted Rum you find on the shelves of Lidl.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

England Squad on 23:45 - May 21 with 4407 viewsScoobyWho

England Squad on 14:20 - May 21 by raynor94

Last season, and why is it surprise? City are desperate for Milner to sign a new contract, and if he doesn't it looks like Arsenal will secure his services, and Henderson will be better again with Gerrard out of the way

As is Jon Jo now, says a lot about Gerrard.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

England Squad on 23:59 - May 21 with 4387 viewsyescomeon

I'd fancy Wales against that England side.

Upthecity!

England Squad on 04:48 - May 22 with 4338 viewsZut_Alors

Jack Cork should be in there. Think he's got the best chance of any of our players next season, as England's depth at DM is very poor. Delph and Henderson both play where Shelvey does and I fancy Roy would put Ox in there before him too.
England Squad on 09:19 - May 22 with 4237 viewsPegojack

All this is mildly worrying in the sense that it must discourage decent English players from wanting to come to the Swans if they've got any international aspirations. However, I'm sure that is a minor consideration when big cheques are waved under their noses.

It does graphically illustrate Hodgson's incompetence once again, though - as if it needed illustrating. As I've said before, any self respecting football association would have shown him the door as soon as his plane had landed back in the UK after the national team's abject and embarrassing failure in the last World Cup.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:36]
England Squad on 10:20 - May 22 with 4200 viewsmonmouth

England Squad on 04:48 - May 22 by Zut_Alors

Jack Cork should be in there. Think he's got the best chance of any of our players next season, as England's depth at DM is very poor. Delph and Henderson both play where Shelvey does and I fancy Roy would put Ox in there before him too.

If you don't get picked when playing for soton reserves, you have no chance with us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England Squad on 10:32 - May 22 with 4189 viewsJBT95

Who cares? nothing to do with us. The international Cardiff.
England Squad on 12:18 - May 22 with 4118 viewssherpajacob

England Squad on 09:19 - May 22 by Pegojack

All this is mildly worrying in the sense that it must discourage decent English players from wanting to come to the Swans if they've got any international aspirations. However, I'm sure that is a minor consideration when big cheques are waved under their noses.

It does graphically illustrate Hodgson's incompetence once again, though - as if it needed illustrating. As I've said before, any self respecting football association would have shown him the door as soon as his plane had landed back in the UK after the national team's abject and embarrassing failure in the last World Cup.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:36]

It doesnt matter who the england coach is, they will never progress until they get rid of the kick and rush culture that exists at all levels.
some in england now realise this, although still in the minority, so they may as well stick with roy.
They've tried spending big bucks on world class coaches, but still only achieved marginally better results.

It's like teams buying swansea managers and players and thinking that will bring results. you have to change the culture first.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

England Squad on 12:27 - May 22 with 4106 viewsLeonisGod

England Squad on 14:06 - May 21 by raynor94

I don't think Henderson is anywhere near clever enough or technically gifted enough to be a shoo-in for an international team. Give me JJS or Ki any day. Blinkers maybe, but I've never seen Henderson impose himself on a game and either dictate from deep or drive a team forwards. Ki and JJS can do both of these things.

When it comes to some of our other players though I can see why the likes of Dyer don't get included.
England Squad on 12:31 - May 22 with 4097 viewsJackSomething

England Squad on 10:32 - May 22 by JBT95

Who cares? nothing to do with us. The international Cardiff.

Some of us are interested in our players' international careers and how it affects the Swans.

For example, Fabianski came here for first-team football and has now become number 1 for Poland (ahead of the man he was behind at Arsenal ironically). Things like that can't hurt when players are considering signing for us.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024