Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 14:31 - May 21 with 5943 viewsshandyjack

Has he actually done anything wrong? Ok he's upset Liverpool fans by wanting to move on but most players use clubs as stepping stones to bigger and better clubs don't they.
All he has done is say he won;'t sign a new contract which he is perfectly entitled to do isn't he?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sterling on 10:06 - May 22 with 1312 viewsperchrockjack

Debate eh

Sterling has been ill advised and not gone about matters in the best way.

H e is getting the same pelters had he been our player or at or club.

Liverpool s ex players ARE precious in that they see him as being disloyal or simply going for better money as THEY did , eg John Aldridge.

If Sterling had not said, "its not about the money" I d have some sympathy.

As for many C@NTRIBUTRS on here its simply an opportunity to carry Winstons personal vendetta further.

Still, St Francis of West Ham- Swansea legend - has shown how to go about it.NOT

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sterling on 10:06 - May 22 with 1312 viewsmax936

Sterling on 09:16 - May 22 by waynekerr55

I nearly choked on my cereal just now. Judas on with Alan Brazil talking about the lack of loyalty in players...😷😷😷😷😷😷😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And me, fuk me does he actually believe the words he speaks, he needs to look up the word loyalty it means the same whoever you are, the silly twaaaat.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sterling on 10:18 - May 22 with 1296 viewsperchrockjack

Hang on there Steve. Youre involving an ex manchester utd player in this this.

Just been mentioning this thread to my missus and she s completely bamboozled by it all.
She thinks Im doing charity work up here in my study instead of infoeming and illuminateiNG those back home.

Wisnton is is one though and has kept up his anti scouse bile for a good ten years withour flagging. We re landlords now anyway, so at least we re on the same standing.

I m keeping a close eye on the tenants though

Sterling on 10:18 - May 22 with 1295 viewsLord_Bony

acher Report UK ✔@br_uk
Raheem #Sterling’s agent calls Jamie Carragher a ‘knob’–says £900k a week won’t keep him at #lfc [via @standardsport] pic.twitter.com/2dgdi7ZtbI

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sterling on 10:25 - May 22 with 1275 viewsmonmouth

Sterling on 10:18 - May 22 by perchrockjack

Just been mentioning this thread to my missus and she s completely bamboozled by it all.
She thinks Im doing charity work up here in my study instead of infoeming and illuminateiNG those back home.

Wisnton is is one though and has kept up his anti scouse bile for a good ten years withour flagging. We re landlords now anyway, so at least we re on the same standing.

I would too. Those scousers will nick anything.

As I understand it, it really isn't about the money. Stirling has simply said he wants to play for a big club (like Man U) and win something.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sterling on 10:31 - May 22 with 1260 viewsJBT95

Maybe he doesn't want to a sign a contract over it's length or it's get out clause.
Sterling on 10:36 - May 22 with 1257 viewsperchrockjack

lol

Always makes me chuckle.

True story this. Some years ago when my dada was much younger ,he drove up and we took him over to LIVERPOOL for the day having put them up in a nice Wirral hotel in the country.
We left a car window open and returned several hours later. Me ma had left a leather jacket and other items on the back seat. Still there when we went back but a fella came over to say the car park attendant had been keeping an eye on it.

WEEK LATER me dad is at church ,leaves car Kingsway with my mums tapes on the front seat. He comes out 1 hour later, no car. POLICE call later at the house to say its been burnt out on Kilvey Hill. Ive had, as a kd, any things stolen from all overSwansea so its why I chuckleto myself. ANYWAY BIG DAY OUT WTH THESE BOATSthis weekend so off over there again now the nice commy train workers have decided to work

Sterling on 10:50 - May 22 with 1238 viewsWarwickHunt

Sterling on 10:36 - May 22 by perchrockjack

lol

Always makes me chuckle.

True story this. Some years ago when my dada was much younger ,he drove up and we took him over to LIVERPOOL for the day having put them up in a nice Wirral hotel in the country.
We left a car window open and returned several hours later. Me ma had left a leather jacket and other items on the back seat. Still there when we went back but a fella came over to say the car park attendant had been keeping an eye on it.

WEEK LATER me dad is at church ,leaves car Kingsway with my mums tapes on the front seat. He comes out 1 hour later, no car. POLICE call later at the house to say its been burnt out on Kilvey Hill. Ive had, as a kd, any things stolen from all overSwansea so its why I chuckleto myself. ANYWAY BIG DAY OUT WTH THESE BOATSthis weekend so off over there again now the nice commy train workers have decided to work

Your dada?

F*ck me, Richie - your posts are SURREAL enough already.
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 11:23 - May 22 with 1209 viewsDafyddHuw

Sterling on 10:18 - May 22 by perchrockjack

"..I'm ....informing and illuminating those back home"

Thanks Perch. We just love being condescended to here back home.
Sterling on 11:41 - May 22 with 1193 viewsshandyjack

Sterling on 10:06 - May 22 by perchrockjack

Debate eh

Sterling has been ill advised and not gone about matters in the best way.

H e is getting the same pelters had he been our player or at or club.

Liverpool s ex players ARE precious in that they see him as being disloyal or simply going for better money as THEY did , eg John Aldridge.

If Sterling had not said, "its not about the money" I d have some sympathy.

As for many C@NTRIBUTRS on here its simply an opportunity to carry Winstons personal vendetta further.

Still, St Francis of West Ham- Swansea legend - has shown how to go about it.NOT

or maybe it's got nothing to do with money and he wants to move to a club with more chance of trophies. Maybe he is purely motivated by bettering himself, just like he did by lieaving QPR for Liverpool. No one slated his loyalty then

Sterling on 11:44 - May 22 with 1191 viewsGreatBritton

Sterling on 11:23 - May 22 by DafyddHuw

"..I'm ....informing and illuminating those back home"

Thanks Perch. We just love being condescended to here back home.

I read Perch's "informing and illuminating" as "infesting and fulminating". With the odd cApital letter.
Sterling on 12:23 - May 22 with 1147 viewsJackSomething

Sterling on 11:41 - May 22 by shandyjack

or maybe it's got nothing to do with money and he wants to move to a club with more chance of trophies. Maybe he is purely motivated by bettering himself, just like he did by lieaving QPR for Liverpool. No one slated his loyalty then

Don't bring up a logical argument when it comes to Liverpool. It tends to confuse their fans and ex-players.

As an aside, agents (and the shift of power in football towards them) are a blight on the game, but I really do hope Sterling's agent called Carragher a 'tw*t'.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sterling on 13:33 - May 22 with 1107 viewsdantheswansman

Sterling on 16:41 - May 21 by Oldjack

the trouble with Sterling is, he really believes he's the dogs bollocks ,when in actual fact he's not ,far from it i'd say ,never mind he'll soon disappear up his own bumhole ,you'll see

Exactly , The press and his manager hype him up to be something awesome , I have never seen it .
Is it because he is English ? it sure as shite is not because he is any good .
Sterling on 13:38 - May 22 with 1093 viewsUxbridge

This'll be the player that Liverpool pilfered on the cheap from QPR. Ho hum.

They're all mercenaries. All of them. Even ours, if we're honest.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sterling on 13:42 - May 22 with 1083 viewsDarran

Sterling on 13:33 - May 22 by dantheswansman

Exactly , The press and his manager hype him up to be something awesome , I have never seen it .
Is it because he is English ? it sure as shite is not because he is any good .

So what you've seen of Sterling gives you the opinion he's not any good?

Hahahahaha.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sterling on 13:50 - May 22 with 1003 viewslondonlisa2001

This will be an interesting standoff I think - it's fascinating how it has been allowed to happen.

As far as I can see, it started fairly normally - club offers new contract to one of the players that its manager has incessantly praised beyond all reasonable reflection of the actual talent. Player believes the manager's hype and wants to go somewhere where he will play year in year out in the Champions League (and Liverpool can't promise that at this time). Additional nuance is that the documentary starring Brendan at his most Brent-like had him publicly tearing a strip off Sterling who takes offence being transparently the sort of kid who couldn't be further up his own ar*e in terms of people 'respecting' him and therefore resents Rodgers.

All would be fairly normal, until pundits start slagging off decision which leads to his obviously unhinged agent to start mouthing off. Even further nuance is that the agent is currently setting up on his own after breaking with a bigger agency, but the financial details are not yet finalised, which means agent won't want a new contract signed until he gets to keep all the % for himself, rather than haggle over some of it with the agency he's leaving.

Impasse arises. Sterling can't now sign a contract even if he wants to without losing 'respect' - ex Liverpool pundits have made that worse ironically. Liverpool can't sell without looking small compared to Chelsea / Man City.

Depends it seems to me on how much Liverpool want the money for selling him and how much they could get. Are they rich enough to give up £40m or so and end Sterling's career by insisting he plays no premier league football for the next two years to teach him a lesson? Doubt it. Will Sterling sign? Doubt it (unless he starts swallowing his pride which he shows no sign of doing).

It'll be interesting indeed.
Sterling on 13:51 - May 22 with 1002 viewsshandyjack

Sterling on 13:42 - May 22 by Darran

So what you've seen of Sterling gives you the opinion he's not any good?

Hahahahaha.

i wish i was a shite as him, having all the top clubs in the world queueing up to sign me on mega bucks, but what do these top managers know ay

Sterling on 13:52 - May 22 with 1001 viewsmonmouth

Sterling on 13:38 - May 22 by Uxbridge

This'll be the player that Liverpool pilfered on the cheap from QPR. Ho hum.

They're all mercenaries. All of them. Even ours, if we're honest.

Of course. I left Swansea for London; London for Edinburgh; and Edinburgh for Bristol just about doubling my pay and organisational power each time....and I had strong ties with the Swansea area. To think that any footballer wouldn't do the equivalent is naive at best, scouse at worst.

Personally I just support whoever is playing in white with a swan badge on it at the time, because they are representing my club then and that's it. Its no secret poutyfrog got on my nips but I still wanted to kiss the bugger every time he planted the ball in the net. I'm amazed after all we've experienced people can still fall into the attachment/adoration trap.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sterling on 14:00 - May 22 with 996 viewslondonlisa2001

Sterling on 13:52 - May 22 by monmouth

Of course. I left Swansea for London; London for Edinburgh; and Edinburgh for Bristol just about doubling my pay and organisational power each time....and I had strong ties with the Swansea area. To think that any footballer wouldn't do the equivalent is naive at best, scouse at worst.

Personally I just support whoever is playing in white with a swan badge on it at the time, because they are representing my club then and that's it. Its no secret poutyfrog got on my nips but I still wanted to kiss the bugger every time he planted the ball in the net. I'm amazed after all we've experienced people can still fall into the attachment/adoration trap.

I agree with you.

I would say that there are a couple of exceptions, but they are rare indeed. Curtis for example (yes - I know he went once) - he'll be at this club or no club I suspect - he wouldn't leave.

But I also think anyone believing the whole 'kiss the badge' bit is opening themselves up for hurt. Where we are lucky as a club, is that in any other club, our Chief Exec (Huw I mean) would have been poached by a 'bigger' club without a shadow of doubt. The guy has the midas touch when it comes to football.
Sterling on 14:19 - May 22 with 970 viewsNeath_Jack

Sterling on 14:00 - May 22 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

I would say that there are a couple of exceptions, but they are rare indeed. Curtis for example (yes - I know he went once) - he'll be at this club or no club I suspect - he wouldn't leave.

But I also think anyone believing the whole 'kiss the badge' bit is opening themselves up for hurt. Where we are lucky as a club, is that in any other club, our Chief Exec (Huw I mean) would have been poached by a 'bigger' club without a shadow of doubt. The guy has the midas touch when it comes to football.

Genuine question, what does Curtis do these days apart from make the tea?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Sterling on 14:27 - May 22 with 962 viewsairedale

Sterling on 14:19 - May 22 by Neath_Jack

Does the interview on the big tellies from the tunnel prior to the K/O.
Sterling on 14:29 - May 22 with 956 viewsairedale

Anyway, I'm glad he's not coming to us 'cos I don't like the way he runs about. I keep imagining him on there in a twin-set and a handbag. I've got to shake my head to get rid of the vision.
Sterling on 14:31 - May 22 with 952 viewslondonlisa2001

Sterling on 14:19 - May 22 by Neath_Jack

He's a first team coach.

We have a number of coaches and I imagine they all do different things. I assume that since we've finished as the eighth best club in the country, our coaching is very, very good, and the coaching team must equally be very, very good (incredible really, given how many on here slag off most of them fairly regularly).

And the 'make the tea' bit is a little overplayed given it was a light hearted answer to him being questioned about whether he would leave with Rodgers.
Sterling on 16:04 - May 22 with 892 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry for delay in response for my readers.

Been into Birkenhead with lady perch as we re changing the cycles we bought .

Anyway, we get to macdonalds and peeped inside.

Wall to wall dross with fat feckless and fetid kids and babes in arms gorging on shite that will keep the nhs busy for years to come.

Pubs full of poor of poor and the vulnerable with filthy trainers and even filthier kids in tow.

nice sand statues though from our Romanian chums

Sterling on 16:14 - May 22 with 881 viewsRancid

Not even Brenda and his magic arm around the shoulder can stop this lad from leaving.I watched that being Liverpool documentary and they were banging heads then.Greedy little pucker he is anyway and will end up at Chelsea or one of the Spanish elite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024