Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 14:31 - May 21 with 5938 viewsshandyjack

Has he actually done anything wrong? Ok he's upset Liverpool fans by wanting to move on but most players use clubs as stepping stones to bigger and better clubs don't they.
All he has done is say he won;'t sign a new contract which he is perfectly entitled to do isn't he?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sterling on 14:35 - May 21 with 3390 viewsmonmouth

Just commented on this in the England thread. It's funny as f**k.

Bren will talk him round....

'Steady'.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sterling on 14:37 - May 21 with 3383 viewspencoedjack

Agree Liverpool are not going to be playing CL (not in the near future) and Sterling is probably the only member of that team who could get into a top 4 side.

Upsetting the Scallies just makes it better .
Sterling on 15:23 - May 21 with 3296 viewsDafyddHuw

John Barnes has been the one to disappoint me the most -

"...Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay"

Didn't notice him say the same thing about Swansea giving Brendan an opportunity and he should stay at the Liberty rather than move on to Anfield.

Carragher's been an arse about it anall.
Sterling on 15:31 - May 21 with 3282 viewssnork44

Sterling on 15:23 - May 21 by DafyddHuw

John Barnes has been the one to disappoint me the most -

"...Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay"

Didn't notice him say the same thing about Swansea giving Brendan an opportunity and he should stay at the Liberty rather than move on to Anfield.

Carragher's been an arse about it anall.

Agree, but players like Sterling are what is essentionally wrong with football at the moment. Where is he going to go next, if it is the Eithad,he'll be a very expensive bench warmer and if it is to Real Madrid then the same applies with Bale and Ronaldo filling the gaps there.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Sterling on 16:17 - May 21 with 3239 viewslibertine

Bony did that!

and we cheared him scoring a goal against us, whats wrong with these liverpubblies
Sterling on 16:31 - May 21 with 3223 viewsStarsky

Sterling on 16:17 - May 21 by libertine

Bony did that!

and we cheared him scoring a goal against us, whats wrong with these liverpubblies

Cheered...

Just saying

It's just the internet, init.

Sterling on 16:40 - May 21 with 3199 viewsbuilthjack

Sterling on 16:17 - May 21 by libertine

Bony did that!

They are living in the past.
Not as bad as Newcastle (league winners 1927, FA Cup 1955)
And nowhere near as bad as Cardiff (1927)

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sterling on 16:41 - May 21 with 3199 viewsOldjack

the trouble with Sterling is, he really believes he's the dogs bollocks ,when in actual fact he's not ,far from it i'd say ,never mind he'll soon disappear up his own bumhole ,you'll see

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 16:42 - May 21 with 3198 viewssherpajacob

Nobody cheered bony when he scored.

There was respectful applause which started about 30 seconds after the goal went in, from the family stand where he is still a hero to many of the youngsters.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sterling on 17:14 - May 21 with 3149 viewsymaohyd

Sterling on 15:31 - May 21 by snork44

Agree, but players like Sterling are what is essentionally wrong with football at the moment. Where is he going to go next, if it is the Eithad,he'll be a very expensive bench warmer and if it is to Real Madrid then the same applies with Bale and Ronaldo filling the gaps there.

Good post.

I enjoy threads like this, a good debate. With lots of points of view. The downside is many have a loathing of Liverpool and hijack the thread with bile!

My take on it is that I can see all points of view. The bottom line is football has changed dramatically, the power now lies with the player. When clubs don't accept tha, they just dig themselves in deeper and deeper.

Ex players etc etc are not facing reality. Look at Suarez, left Liverpool, just won the Spanish title and will shortly be playing in the Champions League final.

If he'd stayed at Liverpool he might have got them into the top 4... No comparison is there?

My advice to Liverpool, auction him, earn a fortune or player plus cash, invest it wisely and don't make ridiculous decisions like signing Balotelli!

Sir Alex wouldn't give Sterling the time of day. The team ethos comes first along with attitude.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Sterling on 17:40 - May 21 with 3105 viewsDafyddHuw

Sterling on 17:14 - May 21 by ymaohyd

Good post.

I enjoy threads like this, a good debate. With lots of points of view. The downside is many have a loathing of Liverpool and hijack the thread with bile!

My take on it is that I can see all points of view. The bottom line is football has changed dramatically, the power now lies with the player. When clubs don't accept tha, they just dig themselves in deeper and deeper.

Ex players etc etc are not facing reality. Look at Suarez, left Liverpool, just won the Spanish title and will shortly be playing in the Champions League final.

If he'd stayed at Liverpool he might have got them into the top 4... No comparison is there?

My advice to Liverpool, auction him, earn a fortune or player plus cash, invest it wisely and don't make ridiculous decisions like signing Balotelli!

Sir Alex wouldn't give Sterling the time of day. The team ethos comes first along with attitude.

Spot on.

Let Sterling go. He'll either sink or swim. If he sinks, it's his own fault. If he swims, then Liverpool shouldn't have been in his way. But don't see what business it is of ex-Liverpool players to stick their oar in.
Sterling on 18:02 - May 21 with 3059 viewsDarran

Sterling on 17:40 - May 21 by DafyddHuw

Spot on.

Let Sterling go. He'll either sink or swim. If he sinks, it's his own fault. If he swims, then Liverpool shouldn't have been in his way. But don't see what business it is of ex-Liverpool players to stick their oar in.

Great post,I was listening to Souness in SSN last night saying he needs to stay at Liverpool to develop as a player,why the f*ck can't he develop as a player at a better club than Liverpool?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sterling on 18:06 - May 21 with 3053 viewsWhiterockin

Sterling on 17:40 - May 21 by DafyddHuw

Spot on.

Liverpool did't seem to bothered about loyalty when the took him from QPR, but then again he was progressing with a better team.

So what is the difference if he moves on to a Champions League team. Liverpool may flirt with the Champions League but I can't see them being regular participants above Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United on a regular basis. Not for quite a while at least and players are not willing to wait.
Sterling on 18:21 - May 21 with 3025 viewsClinton

Its the ex-Liverpool players who have got their heads up their own backsides.

Leave Liverpool for a bigger club ?

[Post edited 21 May 2015 18:22]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Sterling on 18:46 - May 21 with 2971 viewsTim_Harry

The utter nonsense spewing from the so-called Liverpool 'legends' these last couple of days has been highly amusing. Most of them claim to be concerned for his future and that he's been badly advised by his evil agent and that his career would be so much better if he stayed at Liverpool. And that his only possible motives for moving from Anfield must be greed.

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they just admitted that their only real concern was for Liverpool Football Club and what Raheem Sterling can do for them and not vice versa.

Who cares what his motives are. Whether it's Champions League football, money or if he just wants to move closer to London because his Auntie Doris makes a fantastic rhubarb pie. It's his career and what he does is entirely up to him.

This kind of thing happens in every transfer window. No doubt Liverpool will offer big money contracts this summer to players who will spend most of the season sitting on the bench. Will they be accused of greed and lack of ambition? Doubt it.
Sterling on 18:47 - May 21 with 2964 viewsJackfath

Sterling on 16:42 - May 21 by sherpajacob

Nobody cheered bony when he scored.

There was respectful applause which started about 30 seconds after the goal went in, from the family stand where he is still a hero to many of the youngsters.

Incorrect.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sterling on 18:53 - May 21 with 2952 viewsOldjack

How would Shanks have dealt with this little upstart ? slap! get on with it you fanny and stop bitching

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sterling on 18:58 - May 21 with 2943 viewsTim_Harry

Sterling on 18:53 - May 21 by Oldjack

How would Shanks have dealt with this little upstart ? slap! get on with it you fanny and stop bitching

Although Shanks didn't have to deal with seven figure contracts. And nowadays that slap would have got him sacked.

Just saying like.
Sterling on 19:00 - May 21 with 2933 viewsOldjack

Sterling on 18:58 - May 21 by Tim_Harry

Although Shanks didn't have to deal with seven figure contracts. And nowadays that slap would have got him sacked.

Just saying like.

not behind closed doors it wouldn't

Sterling on 08:16 - May 22 with 2744 viewsJethroJack

Sterling on 19:00 - May 21 by Oldjack

These days, no doubt someone would have leaked the story to the press....so he would get sacked.
Sterling on 08:50 - May 22 with 2718 viewsairedale

Sterling on 19:00 - May 21 by Oldjack

Oooo Ehhh, tell us more OJ!
Sterling on 08:52 - May 22 with 2712 viewsLord_Bony

What I don't understand is Stirling was on Sky tv about JANUARY saying he would not be renewing his contract in the summer.

It s not as if this is a bombshell they would have known this months ago and should have prepared accordingly.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sterling on 08:55 - May 22 with 2707 viewsDr_Winston

dOn't CriTiciSe ScOuSerS.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sterling on 09:14 - May 22 with 2684 viewswaynekerr55

Sterling on 08:55 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

dOn't CriTiciSe ScOuSerS.

Don't post with RANCOUR doc

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sterling on 09:16 - May 22 with 2680 viewswaynekerr55

I nearly choked on my cereal just now. Judas on with Alan Brazil talking about the lack of loyalty in players...😷😷😷😷😷😷😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024