Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League money 19:03 - May 21 with 2010 viewsJackfath

I was wondering. I've heard the money the season after next is huge, but does anyone have figures to let me know how much exactly?

For ease of answering, assume we finish 8th next season and the season after.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Premier League money on 19:14 - May 21 with 1972 viewsjackonicko

It's impossible to predict with complete accuracy, as it depends how much you appear on the telly in that season.

The Swans will earn £79.6m for finishing 8th this season, having been televised 12 times. We would get the same next season if we finish 8th, and also appear 12 times.

The following season, if my maths is correct, we would get about £130m - all things being equal.
Premier League money on 19:17 - May 21 with 1964 viewsOldjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11403761/Premier-League-TV-deal-Sky-Sp

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Premier League money on 23:16 - May 21 with 1752 viewsjackforever

Premier League money on 19:14 - May 21 by jackonicko

It's impossible to predict with complete accuracy, as it depends how much you appear on the telly in that season.

The Swans will earn £79.6m for finishing 8th this season, having been televised 12 times. We would get the same next season if we finish 8th, and also appear 12 times.

The following season, if my maths is correct, we would get about £130m - all things being equal.

If a side receives 130 million a year and as long as they are run properly what chance have championship clubs fot of staying up or more to the point well run pl clubs like ourselves could be in the pl for years. Worlds gone bonkers mun.
Premier League money on 23:20 - May 21 with 1741 viewsDr_Winston

Premier League money on 23:16 - May 21 by jackforever

If a side receives 130 million a year and as long as they are run properly what chance have championship clubs fot of staying up or more to the point well run pl clubs like ourselves could be in the pl for years. Worlds gone bonkers mun.

They'd only have to stay up once.

There's always one established PL club struggling each season. Sometimes more than one. It's not impossible for a well run, promoted team to attain more points than at least four other clubs.

No matter how much money they have, incompetent management is still the same.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League money on 00:24 - May 22 with 1678 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leicester stayed up this year. Crystal Palace last year.

In our first season all three promoted teams stayed up, us as well as QPR and Norwich.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Premier League money on 00:40 - May 22 with 1663 viewsjackonicko

Premier League money on 23:16 - May 21 by jackforever

Amazingly, the team that finishes bottom is guaranteed £99m. That's more than we get this year for coming 8th!

The numbers may well be higher than that too, as i don't think the rights for the overseas deal have been agreed yet.
Premier League money on 06:24 - May 22 with 1581 viewsGowerjack

Premier League money on 23:20 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

They'd only have to stay up once.

There's always one established PL club struggling each season. Sometimes more than one. It's not impossible for a well run, promoted team to attain more points than at least four other clubs.

No matter how much money they have, incompetent management is still the same.

Spot on DWOB but its not difficult to imagine a PL/ Championship where the same 6 clubs alternate between promotion & relegation season after season....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Premier League money on 07:44 - May 22 with 1506 viewsAngelRangelQS

Premier League money on 06:24 - May 22 by Gowerjack

Spot on DWOB but its not difficult to imagine a PL/ Championship where the same 6 clubs alternate between promotion & relegation season after season....

Bad for football but could be great for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League money on 08:49 - May 22 with 1453 viewsDr_Winston

If all clubs were run sensibly then it's possible.

Fortunately for football quite a lot of them aren't. Clubs with parachute payments should have an advantage in the Championship, yet surprisingly few of them bounce straight back up and more than one have dropped even further. Some outfits can't resist overspending on shite players, and it'd take something major for that to change any time soon.

Think I saw something somewhere that said around half of the 92 FL teams have played in the Prem at least once since its inception. That's not a bad ratio.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League money on 08:58 - May 22 with 1438 viewsmonmouth

Yes it might be the parachutes that make the biggest difference in that the prem will essentially extend into the top 6 champ in all but name.

That should happen now though, but doesn't, so my prediction is......absolutely no change to now, but even more obscene money to any lucky player, talented or carthorse, that happens to end up in the prem/parachuted team. And all the extra money in the world blown on Jelavic's, Doye's, Bartons, Fers, Caulkers and Cornelius' will still not save sh1t teams from the drop.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Premier League money on 12:08 - May 22 with 1327 viewswhiterock

Of the £5.1bn, £1bn has been earmarked for grass roots projects, not sure how that changes the 'all things being equal' line in Jackonicko comment.
Premier League money on 12:51 - May 22 with 1285 viewsDewi1jack

Premier League money on 12:08 - May 22 by whiterock

Of the £5.1bn, £1bn has been earmarked for grass roots projects, not sure how that changes the 'all things being equal' line in Jackonicko comment.

But if the wedge goes up to £8 billion, even minus £1 Billion loose change for grass roots, we'll still be getting a share of £7 billion instead of a mere £5 billion.

These figures are just plain ridiculous. In fact, I'm sure there are countries with a smaller GDP figures than the money being lobbed at PL football.
With the Championship FFP regs kicking in, those well run clubs who can 'yo yo' for a couple of seasons, could well become established PL sides, with promotion/ relegation sorted by about 10 clubs, season after season.
Badly run sides will go titsup chasing the golden goose.
Sacking 2 or 3 managers a season; buying sh1te mercenaries; overpaying for mediocre players and selling them at a big loss, these clubs are still going to end up like Pompey, Cardiff etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Premier League money on 13:00 - May 22 with 1249 viewsPhil_S

Premier League money on 08:49 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

If all clubs were run sensibly then it's possible.

Fortunately for football quite a lot of them aren't. Clubs with parachute payments should have an advantage in the Championship, yet surprisingly few of them bounce straight back up and more than one have dropped even further. Some outfits can't resist overspending on shite players, and it'd take something major for that to change any time soon.

Think I saw something somewhere that said around half of the 92 FL teams have played in the Prem at least once since its inception. That's not a bad ratio.

Unfortunately the parachute payment is nothing more than a payment to ensure the drop in revenue is not as steep

It is never available for a fund to buy loads of players as you have a load of players on Premier League wages that still need paying

The gulf will only get wider, the £130m will be swallowed up by greedy agents wanting more for their players and even staying up one season will not put any form of safety of money in the bank.

A glance at our wage bill as a well run club will tell you that
Premier League money on 13:30 - May 22 with 1211 viewsjackonicko

Premier League money on 13:00 - May 22 by Phil_S

Unfortunately the parachute payment is nothing more than a payment to ensure the drop in revenue is not as steep

It is never available for a fund to buy loads of players as you have a load of players on Premier League wages that still need paying

The gulf will only get wider, the £130m will be swallowed up by greedy agents wanting more for their players and even staying up one season will not put any form of safety of money in the bank.

I don't disagree with this, obviously. But I do think there is scope for a well rub club to manage this. I read between the lines of what the Swans are doing and hope that is the case for us.

Our wage bill creeps up relentlessly, but I also read that the merit payments the club gets for finishing higher in the table flow largely to players. Good - suggests the players are on incentive contracts. If the club finishes lower down, then those wage bills decrease accordingly.

I also hope the club still has the relegation clauses in contracts that we had in the first years of the PL. Indeed, they should be "easier" for us to negotiate now, as our track record will suggest to prospective players that we are "less likely" to be relegated, and therefore players should have less fear or risk of committing to them. And if we were to be relegated, then they can take the financial accountability of contributing to the drop. That makes the parachute payments go further.

The track record of Swans players suggest that if we were to be relegated, there would be interest in the PL of taking the higher earners off our hands. People like Fabianksi, Ki, JJS, Gomis, Siggy etc would be in demand from mid table PL clubs. It still doesn't negate the problem of the high profile disaster - a new, expensive striker that turns out to be a dud. The sort of player Card*ff sign. But it minimises the impact on the club as a whole.

I also like that we invest in a good youth team. If we were to be relegated, the likes of Barrow, Grimes, Gorre would make up the nucleus of a strong championship side, but on much lower wages. Ship off the highest earners and rebuild, with the parachute money giving an advantage.

Well run clubs that stay in the PL won't see huge riches at the entity level if they stay in the PL - the money will flow through to the players and agents as Phil describes. But a well rub club should be structured to deal with relegation and use the parachute money to give an unfair advantage to immediately return.

I hope Huw is doing that!

(Whiterock, I did take into account the grass-roots hive off with my £130m figure)
Premier League money on 13:49 - May 22 with 1172 viewsFlashberryjack

Premier League money on 13:30 - May 22 by jackonicko

I don't disagree with this, obviously. But I do think there is scope for a well rub club to manage this. I read between the lines of what the Swans are doing and hope that is the case for us.

Our wage bill creeps up relentlessly, but I also read that the merit payments the club gets for finishing higher in the table flow largely to players. Good - suggests the players are on incentive contracts. If the club finishes lower down, then those wage bills decrease accordingly.

I also hope the club still has the relegation clauses in contracts that we had in the first years of the PL. Indeed, they should be "easier" for us to negotiate now, as our track record will suggest to prospective players that we are "less likely" to be relegated, and therefore players should have less fear or risk of committing to them. And if we were to be relegated, then they can take the financial accountability of contributing to the drop. That makes the parachute payments go further.

The track record of Swans players suggest that if we were to be relegated, there would be interest in the PL of taking the higher earners off our hands. People like Fabianksi, Ki, JJS, Gomis, Siggy etc would be in demand from mid table PL clubs. It still doesn't negate the problem of the high profile disaster - a new, expensive striker that turns out to be a dud. The sort of player Card*ff sign. But it minimises the impact on the club as a whole.

I also like that we invest in a good youth team. If we were to be relegated, the likes of Barrow, Grimes, Gorre would make up the nucleus of a strong championship side, but on much lower wages. Ship off the highest earners and rebuild, with the parachute money giving an advantage.

Well run clubs that stay in the PL won't see huge riches at the entity level if they stay in the PL - the money will flow through to the players and agents as Phil describes. But a well rub club should be structured to deal with relegation and use the parachute money to give an unfair advantage to immediately return.

I hope Huw is doing that!

(Whiterock, I did take into account the grass-roots hive off with my £130m figure)

Excellent post.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Premier League money on 13:54 - May 22 with 1164 viewsSweyns_Eye

A good point well made above about the relegation clause in future player's contracts. I really really hope this is included in all players contracts.

Other than back up strikers our recent scouting and transfer dealings appears to be working well too and we haven't splurged out money on duffers. I was bemused to read an interview with Huw recently where he said that we do things the old fashioned way and actually watch players as part of our scouting process. I assumed he was implying that some clubs rely on third party information or video compilations of their targets which would be incredible when you consider what is spent.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Premier League money on 13:58 - May 22 with 1152 viewscontroversial_jack

The bubble has to burst sometime soon , imo
Premier League money on 14:00 - May 22 with 1153 viewswhiterock

Premier League money on 13:54 - May 22 by Sweyns_Eye

A good point well made above about the relegation clause in future player's contracts. I really really hope this is included in all players contracts.

Other than back up strikers our recent scouting and transfer dealings appears to be working well too and we haven't splurged out money on duffers. I was bemused to read an interview with Huw recently where he said that we do things the old fashioned way and actually watch players as part of our scouting process. I assumed he was implying that some clubs rely on third party information or video compilations of their targets which would be incredible when you consider what is spent.

You've only got to look at Liverpool to see that they rely on Betamax footage.

Don't think clauses are included so much now, first season maybe. I'm sure HJ would like it in but take Jack Cork (for instance), Southampton offer him terms, Swansea offer him terms, he fancies a fresh challenge but he says to Swansea, take out that clause and I'll sign, what do Swansea do? Can't imagine Fabianski signing either.
Premier League money on 15:07 - May 22 with 1112 viewsDr_Winston

Premier League money on 13:00 - May 22 by Phil_S

That's where the relegation clauses that Jackonicko mentioned come into play. If a club is strong enough to insist on them then PP's can still be a major benefit.

Premier League money on 15:43 - May 22 with 1070 viewsPhil_S

I don't believe that these clauses are still in play - as was mentioned earlier in the thread although there is less chance of it why would a player take the risk if they have the chance to sign elsewhere without it. Its fine for players coming out of the Championship but when you sign the likes of Shelvey, Fab, Cork and the like then I cannot see it being in place. And when these players don't have it then you can bet your life that the others will insist on it being removed as well

Nice romanticism but I don't think they will be there any more.
Premier League money on 16:07 - May 22 with 1024 viewsjackonicko

Premier League money on 15:43 - May 22 by Phil_S

I don't believe that these clauses are still in play - as was mentioned earlier in the thread although there is less chance of it why would a player take the risk if they have the chance to sign elsewhere without it. Its fine for players coming out of the Championship but when you sign the likes of Shelvey, Fab, Cork and the like then I cannot see it being in place. And when these players don't have it then you can bet your life that the others will insist on it being removed as well

Nice romanticism but I don't think they will be there any more.

I am often described as an old romantic so this comes as no surprise.

If true, another example of the why football will end up eating itself. Incentives to do well, but no downside if you don't.
Premier League money on 19:38 - May 22 with 933 viewswhiterock

Premier League money on 16:07 - May 22 by jackonicko

I am often described as an old romantic so this comes as no surprise.

If true, another example of the why football will end up eating itself. Incentives to do well, but no downside if you don't.

Your absolutely right J, and I'm only going on a hunch but if u were Jack Cork and we insisted its in, Southampton and say West Brom didn't, you'd either stay put or go to West Brom.
HJ played a blinder getting JC for £1.5m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024